PDA

View Full Version : racism / intolerance / etc

opm
08-04-2010, 05:15 PM
hey all, just wondering why there are no rules against racism, im not saying a few slurs slipping every now and then or A good joke or TWO is "the devil", but what i experienced in the gg server today was fucking bullshit. from what ive been told theres no rules against it. honestly i dont mind comments flying every now and then but today there was a whole 10 minute segment of gameplay that even in our "uncivilized" server, wouldnt take place. there were some retarded no-names that i dont recognize, prob not regs, starting to say the N word repeatedly, just to be a fucking moron. just to piss SOMEBODY off. im not pissed off at the person, its more the ADMINS of the server, at least one that i NOTICED over voice chat dropping n-word jokes left and right. i dont know but ummmm, arent admins supposed to be somewhat MATURE? there IS a level of comfort for people to play in, and when the people entrusted to keep watch and order over a server are making it UNCOMFORTABLE to play in, WHERE THE FUCK IS THE FUN OF THE GAME. participating in RUINING THE GAME for people should be a bannable offense. i dont care what comes of this but just out of decency, there should be a LIMIT as to how far shit can go in a server, not just rampid racism and shit-fuckness... im pretty regular on the gg and sometimes zm server, but i dont think im going to be playing on ibis servers anymore or at least for a while... lack of coherent and REAL admins is my reason. i wonder who will fuck everybody up in your server now that IM gone :( <3

Perry
08-04-2010, 05:19 PM
well depends on if there were actual admins on or if they were impersonators.

taz1stP
08-04-2010, 05:40 PM
i have been told by other admin that you can say what ever you want as long as its not directed at any one. but for the most part we haven't had probs with it. so must of been a weird thing.

DJ_MikeyRevile
08-04-2010, 05:41 PM
if i wasnt there, then i can only assumed the problem wasnt dealt with accordingly

Spasm
08-04-2010, 05:48 PM
Racism is not agaisnt the rules as long as it is not directed at anyone. I was there, and in this case, people were joking around. No one was being serious. No one was directing it at any one.

Rob
08-04-2010, 05:48 PM
I don't tolerate racism. Ofcourse, sometimes when Wagner comes in he somewhat encourages (sometimes, im not hating on him) others to get along with his somewhat racist jokes. then drop some n-words here and there. I tolerate that. but as soon as it starts getting bad im gonna start dropping my hammer if they continue.

And boy do they hate my hammer.
I've read several shit about racism, and basically what i got from it is, that every admin handles racism differently.
I don't see wagner going against racism as fast as i would.

(i'm using Wagner here as an example since i know he is racist sometimes. once again, im not hating on him, he already knows i hate him. (: dontchuu wagner.)

Spasm
08-04-2010, 05:54 PM
http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4013&highlight=rules&page=4 for those who do not know.

anex
08-04-2010, 06:01 PM
Ibis doesn't tolerate racism. (Ask Deprodigy)

Nice. I like how "nigger" isn't against the rules.
I'll take the Deprodigy approach to this one.

maynard
08-04-2010, 06:07 PM
every admin handles racism differently.

no. there's only 1 way 2 handle racism and that's zero's way as he stated.

racist jokes are 100% allowed in our servers. the only time you can be in trouble for saying racist things is if they're directed at someone.

you can say any racist shit you want, provided you're not directing it at someone...

if you ban someone for racist jokes, or dropping the N bomb here and there, well then you're going against zero's specific statement he made on the subject, and are abusing your powers.

Mrs. Xen_Warrior
08-04-2010, 06:50 PM
I was there when this all happened and it started off with someone saying the "n" word (not directed at anyone) and I just told him not to say it because I didn't want it to escalate even though I knew it wasn't against the rules and then everyone including another admin started making racist jokes. The whole thing was kind of uncomfortable really but there wasn't anything I could do about it lol

Perry
08-04-2010, 07:51 PM
everyone just remember the song.

everyone is a little bit racist.

hallwagner
08-04-2010, 07:56 PM
I don't tolerate racism. Ofcourse, sometimes when Wagner comes in he somewhat encourages (sometimes, im not hating on him) others to get along with his somewhat racist jokes. then drop some n-words here and there. I tolerate that. but as soon as it starts getting bad im gonna start dropping my hammer if they continue.

And boy do they hate my hammer.
I've read several shit about racism, and basically what i got from it is, that every admin handles racism differently.
I don't see wagner going against racism as fast as i would.

(i'm using Wagner here as an example since i know he is racist sometimes. once again, im not hating on him, he already knows i hate him. (: dontchuu wagner.)

bahaha rawb, ily 2, like ive said before, i personally am not racist in the sense of thinking one race is inferior to another (theyre all equally bad ;) but i tolerate racist jokes. i wasnt in the server when this incident occured but spasm messaged me about it, and it seems like opm was over reacting. if something is going on in the server that u dont like, and nothing is being done about it, post it on the forumns like you did. good job opm :wtg:

Kavinsky
08-04-2010, 08:09 PM
Wall of text that I cant be bothered to read.

CYBER
08-05-2010, 01:50 AM
hey all, just wondering why there are no rules against racism, im not saying a few slurs slipping every now and then or A good joke or TWO is "the devil", but what i experienced in the gg server today was fucking bullshit. from what ive been told theres no rules against it. honestly i dont mind comments flying every now and then but today there was a whole 10 minute segment of gameplay that even in our "uncivilized" server, wouldnt take place. there were some retarded no-names that i dont recognize, prob not regs, starting to say the N word repeatedly, just to be a fucking moron. just to piss SOMEBODY off. im not pissed off at the person, its more the ADMINS of the server, at least one that i NOTICED over voice chat dropping n-word jokes left and right. i dont know but ummmm, arent admins supposed to be somewhat MATURE? there IS a level of comfort for people to play in, and when the people entrusted to keep watch and order over a server are making it UNCOMFORTABLE to play in, WHERE THE FUCK IS THE FUN OF THE GAME. participating in RUINING THE GAME for people should be a bannable offense. i dont care what comes of this but just out of decency, there should be a LIMIT as to how far shit can go in a server, not just rampid racism and shit-fuckness... im pretty regular on the gg and sometimes zm server, but i dont think im going to be playing on ibis servers anymore or at least for a while... lack of coherent and REAL admins is my reason. i wonder who will fuck everybody up in your server now that IM gone :( <3

well my friend , when am on, i usually warn ppl the first time about slips , like the un-intentional N word.... andnxt time its a mute, and then... well i take corrective actions. I dnt tolerate racism... i would have done my job if i was on the server... but where there any admins?

Perry
08-05-2010, 01:58 AM
but cyber here is the thing....WE CAN TELL RACIST JOKES!!!

so i can say nigger all I want and you cant do a damn thing.

it sucks but welcome to the rules.

But I cant say, cyber you're a nigger. that is completely inexcuseable.

anex
08-05-2010, 03:53 AM
but cyber here is the thing....WE CAN TELL RACIST JOKES!!!

so i can say nigger all I want and you cant do a damn thing.

it sucks but welcome to the rules.

Yup. But there is nothing in the rules that says I can't mute their ass. I just can't kick and ban.

Rob
08-05-2010, 05:28 AM
I don't get it, What if you make a racist joke. Like.
Once some dude went, Whats the difference between a mexican and a couch.
he goes, a couch can support a family.
Thats maybe not to someone in the server, yet it can be offensive to someone, may they be mexican?

This whole "if its not directed at anyone" shit is dumb imo. Because its usually always directed at a specific group, wether it be jews, afro-americans, mexicans, etc.

How the fk does this work?!

Spasm
08-05-2010, 08:52 AM
Anyone that bans someone for telling a racist joke, or mutes or whatever, is going agaisnt ZEROs judgement. It also sends a mixed message to the people coming to our servers. Which is why we get threads about inconsistent admins and what not. If I was muted for saying a joke thats racist, I would immediatly come and place an abuse thread.

Rapedollar$
08-05-2010, 11:19 AM
true enough spasm. but i could mute them for over use of their mic... or many other excuses. loopholes children, loopholes..

SCRIBBLE
08-05-2010, 11:35 AM
Anyone that bans someone for telling a racist joke, or mutes or whatever, is going agaisnt ZEROs judgement. It also sends a mixed message to the people coming to our servers. Which is why we get threads about inconsistent admins and what not. If I was muted for saying a joke thats racist, I would immediatly come and place an abuse thread.

So instead of waiting out a mute that you received for being a prejudice piece of shit, you would come to the forums and place an abuse thread?

That has to be the ultimate troll.

Spasm
08-05-2010, 12:20 PM
scribble[nuke];80053']So instead of waiting out a mute that you received for being a prejudice piece of shit, you would come to the forums and place an abuse thread?

Just because you make a damn joke doesn't mean your prejudice, and muting people for something not in the rules is bullshit. How many black comedians have you heard make fun of white people? Jokes are jokes, end of story. It's people like you that turn everything into a race topic and can't step back and just chill.

hallwagner
08-05-2010, 12:25 PM
scribble[nuke];80053']So instead of waiting out a mute that you received for being a prejudice piece of shit, you would come to the forums and place an abuse thread?

yes he would, as would i. racism is not against the rules, unless its directed at a specific person (not specific race)
spasm you are a nigger: against the rules
niggers camp too much: perfectly fine

you want to ban/mute/kick etc for racism thats you breaking the rules, and we will complain. i dont give a fuck how severe a punishment is, i'll complain on the forums. all of my admin abuse threads were about short bans, slaying and muting. i only permabanned two guys, one for aimbot and one for impersonating and admin/tk/ethugging. all the abuse threads against me were for me doing small things to piss people off, like slaying for camping and shit. i got my admin taken away for enforcing a non-existent rule, and if you guys want to enforce non-existent rules, i would expect/hope you lose your admin too. fucking hypocritical people need to learn what the rules are before quoting them like they're from a godamn bible or something, jesus

SCRIBBLE
08-05-2010, 12:32 PM
Just because you make a damn joke doesn't mean your prejudice, and muting people for something not in the rules is bullshit. How many black comedians have you heard make fun of white people? Jokes are jokes, end of story. It's people like you that turn everything into a race topic and can't step back and just chill.

yes he would, as would i. racism is not against the rules, unless its directed at a specific person (not specific race)
spasm you are a nigger: against the rules
niggers camp too much: perfectly fine

you want to ban/mute/kick etc for racism thats you breaking the rules, and we will complain. i dont give a fuck how severe a punishment is, i'll complain on the forums. all of my admin abuse threads were about short bans, slaying and muting. i only permabanned two guys, one for aimbot and one for impersonating and admin/tk/ethugging. all the abuse threads against me were for me doing small things to piss people off, like slaying for camping and shit. i got my admin taken away for enforcing a non-existent rule, and if you guys want to enforce non-existent rules, i would expect/hope you lose your admin too. fucking hypocritical people need to learn what the rules are before quoting them like they're from a godamn bible or something, jesus

Both of you need to redirect your posts appropriately. I didn't say one thing about muting anyone. I asked a fucking question and you both showed me how ignorant you are.

I said it was the ultimate troll. Learn how to read.

hallwagner
08-05-2010, 12:36 PM

dumbass, i specifically answered your question, sometimes niggers need to think about shit before they say it

Spasm
08-05-2010, 12:40 PM
scribble[nuke];80059']Both of you need to redirect your posts appropriately. I didn't say one thing about muting anyone. I asked a fucking question and you both showed me how ignorant you are.

I said it was the ultimate troll. Learn how to read.

So instead of waiting out a mute that you received for being a prejudice piece of shit, you would come to the forums and place an abuse thread?

:stupid:

hallwagner
08-05-2010, 12:42 PM

:lmao:

SCRIBBLE
08-05-2010, 12:49 PM
Where did I say I would mute anyone in either of those posts? I like the use of bold when you quoted me, it proves you can't read for understanding. :wtg:

dumbass, i specifically answered your question, sometimes niggers need to think about shit before they say it

I guess you didn't understand that it was a rhetorical question. I just wanted to point out that it was the ultimate troll. :lmao:

maynard
08-05-2010, 01:40 PM
This whole "if its not directed at anyone" shit is dumb imo. Because its usually always directed at a specific group, wether it be jews, afro-americans, mexicans, etc.

How the fk does this work?!

it's simple rob, for example I could sit there and go on and tell jokes that include the word nigger spic or whatever.... but I couldn't say, rob you're a fucking ... whatever... get it?

the rule of it not being directed at any 1, means not directed at people on the server, not actual ethnic groups.

StarsMine
08-05-2010, 01:50 PM
I think we should also add weather or not the joke is malicious or light hearted.
Malicious doesn't have to be directed at someone to still be absolutely disrespectful. Racism at its core is disrespect, and disrespect is against the rules. However a good joke is a damn good joke.

Spasm
08-05-2010, 01:54 PM
I think we should also add weather or not the joke is malicious or light hearted.
Malicious doesn't have to be directed at someone to still be absolutely disrespectful. Racism at its core is disrespect, and disrespect is against the rules. However a good joke is a damn good joke.

What do you call 100,000 niggers at the bottom of a lake?
A good start.

Thats the joke a told last night. LOL

Perry
08-05-2010, 03:21 PM
but this is the point. ITS A FUCKING JOKE! I get hounded all the time because im chair force, and not a real soldier. So what i let it go. it pisses me off but i dont make fuss about it.

If we cant make fun of everything, then no one should make a joke at all. because jokes are hurtful to the pussies.

anex
08-05-2010, 03:27 PM
I'm still going to mute you.

Oh and by the way, even though you got approval from Zero, that still doesn't stop us from thinking that you are a sorry piece of shit.

hallwagner
08-05-2010, 03:45 PM

Oh and by the way, even though you got approval from Zero, that still doesn't stop us from thinking that you are a sorry piece of shit.

you can think all you want about us, im okay with that because i know im not a racist, and i know spasm isnt racist. you mute anybody who tells a racist joke, have fun losing your admin dickfarmer. also @ scribble i dont give a flying fuck if it was rhetorical or not, you cant expect me not to respond to a question as provoking as that.

OnEyEdMaN
08-05-2010, 04:25 PM
this what makes the server rules stupid, dumb and retarded. as long as its not directed to anyone? wtf was that? no matter how it was said or used its still fucking racist idiot fucks. rules should be straight and not halfnhalf, this confuses most of the admins and those who arent are straight up fucktards. this is the main reason why the server could not establish admins/clans rank coz everybody is not on the same page.if what i said hits you then fuck you! you fucking fuck. LOL!:stupid::plzdie:

Perry
08-05-2010, 04:26 PM

umadbrah? cant take a joke then dont listen to it. mute me through player list so you cant hear me that fine. Mute me with admin and watch it get thrown out.

SCRIBBLE
08-05-2010, 04:28 PM
you can think all you want about us, im okay with that because i know im not a racist, and i know spasm isnt racist. you mute anybody who tells a racist joke, have fun losing your admin dickfarmer. also @ scribble i dont give a flying fuck if it was rhetorical or not, you cant expect me not to respond to a question as provoking as that.

I'm glad you answered a rhetorical question that wasn't directed towards you.

edit: who would want to receive a flying fuck from you anyways? You're about as useless as your jokes.

edit2: If I lose my admin for muting someone who was being racist (directed towards an individual or not), I don't really care. It would be the communities loss, not mine. That's $11 I could easily spend elsewhere. :)

hallwagner
08-05-2010, 04:55 PM
scribble[nuke];80095']I'm glad you answered a rhetorical question that wasn't directed towards you.

edit: who would want to receive a flying fuck from you anyways? You're about as useless as your jokes.

edit2: If I lose my admin for muting someone who was being racist (directed towards an individual or not), I don't really care. It would be the communities loss, not mine. That's $11 I could easily spend elsewhere. :)

it was directed at me asshat, im defending my right to tell racist jokes on the server, plus im defending spasm who is my friend, so fuck you. you dont want people to respond, dont say shit that people will respond to dumbass.

eg: how does it feel to be a nigger? very easily could be intended as a rhetorical question, but people are going to respond to it because they care about it. i dont think anybody cares about your 11 $ including you, zero has enough admins that abuse already, one less wont make a difference

SCRIBBLE
08-05-2010, 05:05 PM
it was directed at me asshat, im defending my right to tell racist jokes on the server, plus im defending spasm who is my friend, so fuck you. you dont want people to respond, dont say shit that people will respond to dumbass.

eg: how does it feel to be a nigger? very easily could be intended as a rhetorical question, but people are going to respond to it because they care about it. i dont think anybody cares about your 11 $ including you, zero has enough admins that abuse already, one less wont make a difference

It was directed at Spasm.

I'll let your reply speak for itself, it really shows you have character.

whytboiz33
08-05-2010, 05:10 PM
im not racist, ok? i have a colored TV.

hallwagner
08-05-2010, 05:27 PM
scribble[nuke];80097']It was directed at Spasm.

I'll let your reply speak for itself, it really shows you have character.

yes, yes it does. telling racist jokes doesnt make me a racist in any way, and if you think it does youre mentally ill. some people are just too damn sensitive and need to grow up.

Spasm
08-05-2010, 06:13 PM
Meh I am done responding to this thread. Too much flame over hardly anything serious at all. Good day.

DeadEyeDeNNi$
08-05-2010, 06:33 PM
What do you call 100,000 niggers at the bottom of a lake?
A good start.

Thats the joke a told last night. LOL

Shit like that may be a joke to you but there are people that would absolutely be offended by it being aimed as a disrespectful remark at their race-color-creed, or any other slang vernacular being help in the same contempt.
Do that shit when I'm on the server and I can tell you that I won't take it so easy nor as a joke. You all seem to want to draw this very fine line for whatever reason so as to allow the usage of racist specific language just so you can what? get away with pushing the envelope on a touchy situation and semantics?

Nope, no deal

hallwagner
08-05-2010, 06:44 PM
Shit like that may be a joke to you but there are people that would absolutely be offended by it being aimed as a disrespectful remark at their race-color-creed, or any other slang vernacular being help in the same contempt.
Do that shit when I'm on the server and I can tell you that I won't take it so easy nor as a joke. You all seem to want to draw this very fine line for whatever reason so as to allow the usage of racist specific language just so you can what? get away with pushing the envelope on a touchy situation and semantics?

Nope, no deal

seriously this may seem racist/ignorant in itself, but minorities seriously need to get over themselves. now hear me out, black people can say cracker, but we cant say nigger? now thats fucking racist. would you guys care if i came in and made jokes about white people? i think not. i mean caring about people saying "racist" things is just gonna keep this race war thats been
going on for years aflame. you guys dont want to hear racist jokes and comments? go to another fucking server. racism is an opinion, and opinions can be changed at any time for any reason. you guys want to get butthurt over somebody telling racist jokes, fine, be pc pussies. i know for a fact im gonna come in to ibis servers and tell racist jokes for the next couple weeks and try to get muted/kicked/banned just so i can post admin abuse threads on these niggers. got a problem with the way zero runs things and the rules he sets up? fine go pay for admin somewhere else. as ive said b4, grow the fuck up and stop complaining about shit like your a prophet

Spasm
08-05-2010, 06:46 PM

Nope, no deal

ban or mute an admin and see what happens.

Edit: and the whole reason I am even arguing this is because most of you guys want to take the rules of this server into your own hands, when in fact it is ZERO that makes up the rules, your opinion means jack shit to what he says goes. The fact that people get bent all out of shape over a joke shows how insecure and stuck up you really are. Yes if someone is directly calling some a nigger on the server I am going to do something about it, but a joke is a joke and not serious is not serious.

StarsMine
08-05-2010, 07:22 PM

The fuck? Whytboiz made a good joke.

StarsMine
08-05-2010, 07:23 PM

But I think a black and white tv would be less racist, it seems to me you dont like white in your tvs is that so?

maynard
08-05-2010, 07:27 PM

yeah, I lol'd at it also:wtg:

but seriously, this thread is pointless... we've already done this thread before, then zero came in, explained the rules and how they work for racism.. so there's really no reason for every one 2 be arguing, the matter has already been dealt with, and the rules behind this issue explained by zero (the law) himself. the matter is over.

whytboiz33
08-05-2010, 07:33 PM
this thread has an easy answer...

use your common sense and dont be a fucking power hungry nazi nerd with admin rush to the head!!!

let kids play in the interwebz and have a good time.

its easy to separate people who are kidding and enjoying their game session, and people who are REALLY trying to offend people and are just looking to be banned.

dont be so damn narrow minded and ignorant.

Spasm
08-05-2010, 07:36 PM
this thread has an easy answer...

use your common sense and dont be a fucking power hungry nazi nerd with admin rush to the head!!!

let kids play in the interwebz and have a good time.

its easy to separate people who are kidding and enjoying their game session, and people who are REALLY trying to offend people and are just looking to be banned.

dont be so damn narrow minded and ignorant.

this, nice post whytboiz, and where have you been, haven't seen yo ass on in Pub in a while.

StarsMine
08-05-2010, 09:12 PM
yeah, I lol'd at it also:wtg:

but seriously, this thread is pointless... we've already done this thread before, then zero came in, explained the rules and how they work for racism.. so there's really no reason for every one 2 be arguing, the matter has already been dealt with, and the rules behind this issue explained by zero (the law) himself. the matter is over.

wvJiYrRcfQo

whytboiz33
08-05-2010, 09:17 PM
this, nice post whytboiz, and where have you been, haven't seen yo ass on in Pub in a while.

yea dude, ive been MIA for a few weeks. im learning spanish for work lol. we are starting to receive more hispanic patients. i'll be able to play this weekend.

but yeah, these types of issues will never be resolved... because we always get new people here who dont know how things go down in the wild wild ibis.

Spasm
08-05-2010, 09:27 PM
yea dude, ive been MIA for a few weeks. im learning spanish for work lol. we are starting to receive more hispanic patients. i'll be able to play this weekend.

but yeah, these types of issues will never be resolved... because we always get new people here who dont know how things go down in the wild wild ibis.

learning spanish sucks. I have taken 2 classes in it, and because I don't really use it very often, I have forgotten a lot of it

hallwagner
08-05-2010, 10:20 PM
learning spanish sucks. I have taken 2 classes in it, and because I don't really use it very often, I have forgotten a lot of it

same with me :/ three years of that shit and back to square 1 lol

DeadEyeDeNNi$
08-05-2010, 10:27 PM
Spas + Wagner, :chillpill: :chillpill:

I am not going to ban and admin, it's against the rules, I am also not a prophet, god knows where that came from, I am simply making a statement about my interpretations of the R+R, not so hard really, just read em.

But I also said that if I hear racism commentary, and that goes for jokes too as it's NOT explicitly defined and IMHO, that should be inclusive, I will warn then ban as I always have, nothing has changed and so far all that I have done in the past has been acceptable.

ZERO
08-05-2010, 10:31 PM
Sorry for not posting in this sooner but I thought it would stop after maynard stated what I have always said on this matter. The only rule against racism is when directed at a player on the server where it then falls under disrespect. I strongly believe that people have freedom of speech and just becuase I or others may disagree with it is no right to stop it. However when any speech is used to harass or disrespect individual players that is when it crosses the line as stated in the rules.

The only other thing is that admins do have power to prevent spamming and maintain general order. As a result admins can ask users to stop saying things that are disrupting the server. For example if a player is always just spamming "cat attack" all the time and is not really doing anything but spamming chat ect an admin can tell them to stop. In the same way a player that is just spamming a bunch of vulgarities can be asked to stop as they are doing it to disrupt the server and not as a part of their normal communications. This is where the admin discretion kicks in and their power to order a player to stop or mute them.

You will notice that in both cases the intent of use of words is very important. It does not matter what the words are but if they are violating server rules against player disrespect or in some way causing disruptions to the server they are covered under the rules.

There were also some comments made in this thread in regard to admins so let me address that here as well. For years IBIS has been supported thanks to admin subscriptions from dedicated members of our community. Often when I speak of IBIS to people in RL I use collective tenseness and for example I say things like: "we are hoping to get our WCS server back up soon" "we should be able to reduce lag when" "our revenues have been increasing" "recently we have had to deal with a lot of down time" "we have always aimed to provide the best server for a given mod" "we are planning to launch our new system" and many more. When I phrase things like this people stop me after a while and say, "wait I thought you said you were the only one who owns it? Who is US?". To this I often replay, "well yes I do own and control the entire thing, I am the only one with the access and control over the funding. However, while I am the one who spends hours every day working on the server, upgrading them and fixing them I am not the only one keeping them running so well. It is only thanks to the support of admins, reserved slot users and regulars in the community who create the atmosphere on our servers. Without these players not only would there be no financial way for me to maintain the servers there would also be no competitive advantage to maintain the servers. I do a lot to keep the stuff running becuase I owe it to the people who pay me every month to keep things running so well! Lastly anyone can start some CSS servers but it is we the community that builds ones that stay. It is not the I that created IBIS it is the we that had so much fun playing and developing a game we love!" -at this point they usually sit quiet in confusion as I change topics and rant about something else.