PDA

View Full Version : Someone banned me kicked most of the server....

TheOnlyStory
08-03-2008, 11:59 AM
Today, me and another admin Walter were playing island escape and suddenly I see this message saying "You have been kicked and banned". I don't know if walter had anything to do with this but I think it is illegal for and admin to be kicked and even banned?

EDIT: Walter did it by accident, he didn't mean to press the ban button. I guess he was in a hurry.

walterbrunswick
08-03-2008, 12:08 PM
My sincere apologies to whoever was kicked and banned! I made a very bad typo and this resulted in a mass banning; fortunately it was only for 5 minutes. Again i am very sorry, it was an accidental typo. None of who was banned did anything wrong and again i apologize for this.

iceofworm
08-03-2008, 06:59 PM
My sincere apologies to whoever was kicked and banned! I made a very bad typo and this resulted in a mass banning; fortunately it was only for 5 minutes. Again i am very sorry, it was an accidental typo. None of who was banned did anything wrong and again i apologize for this.

lmfao... good job bro... u are a ban stick hamer!

whytboiz33
08-03-2008, 08:21 PM
.. um, if you use the admin menue it would be quiet imposibl to do a mass ban by accident. i sugjest you use it. type "admin" in consol

vicious
08-05-2008, 07:33 PM
i've got it bind and i've banned 3 of my buddies before by mistake. Tip 1: don't bind the admin menu button near the 'b' key lol.

deprodigy
08-05-2008, 07:48 PM
that shouldn't happen again if you do what whyt said and use the menu... like we all do.

vicious
08-06-2008, 03:13 AM
i did use the menu, i clearly said i got the "menu" binded. and what i did was hit the buy key and accidentally hit the admin menu instead and pressed to buy a a pistol, i pressed four ( or whatever the ban button) hit the next set of keys to buy more guns and supplies. yeah, that ended a quick mass banning. but yeah, it was a short ban (5 mins and my buddies on my friends, no joke). You are more likely to cause a mass banning/kicking by having it binded.

(btw its 3 am and i'm high and i am drunk :muffy:"

aka, everyone has accidents as admins. dont lie.

:jester:

Envy
08-06-2008, 06:49 AM
i did use the menu, i clearly said i got the "menu" binded. and what i did was hit the buy key and accidentally hit the admin menu instead and pressed to buy a a pistol, i pressed four ( or whatever the ban button) hit the next set of keys to buy more guns and supplies. yeah, that ended a quick mass banning. but yeah, it was a short ban (5 mins and my buddies on my friends, no joke). You are more likely to cause a mass banning/kicking by having it binded.

(btw its 3 am and i'm high and i am drunk :muffy:"

aka, everyone has accidents as admins. dont lie.

:jester:

heh I have mine bound to my / key so theres no fuck ups. It's also close enough for a fast slap or mute. i've gotten the player to spec and kick memorized:smirk: so i just have to sift through the names for the person

D-Monic
08-06-2008, 07:27 AM
i seriously doubt that there would be more accidental bans by having admin bind to a key. just put it on a key \ like the guy above said and you should be good to go.

vicious
08-06-2008, 12:20 PM
did, i got mine binded to same key, its a pretty easy mistake to learn from.

XxMastagunzxX
06-08-2009, 05:24 AM
did, i got mine binded to same key, its a pretty easy mistake to learn from.

ch......?

CCHHOOCCOOLLAATTEE?!?!?!?!?!

:morons:

Jeimuzu
06-08-2009, 08:29 PM
Banning the wrong person happens to the best of us. The menu once moved on me right as I was about to hour ban this barricade breaker.

ZERO
06-08-2009, 09:45 PM
This is what happens when I never lock an old thread,
it rises from the dead;
even though everything was said,
some just keep pushing the bill,
until I come along and kill,
this outdated thread,
that aught to be dead.

XxMastagunzxX
06-08-2009, 09:50 PM
it rises from the dead;
this outdated thread,
that aught to be dead.

:cheer: That is actually very good, did you make it?

Christmas
06-09-2009, 12:55 AM
ch......?

CCHHOOCCOOLLAATTEE?!?!?!?!?!

:morons:

CHOCOOLAAAAAATEEEE!!!!!

Who in the hell are half these people? Does Ibis get that many members who show up then leave?

Shinkiro
06-14-2009, 01:09 PM
Those are some of the old regulars from a year ago and now they dont play here anymore besides Walter.

Jeimuzu
06-15-2009, 07:46 PM
it rises from the dead;
this outdated thread,
that aught to be dead.

I was bored. >.>