PDA

View Full Version : Garry's Mod

Jeimuzu
08-04-2010, 08:56 PM
Who plays it?

(Yeah, this thread has probably been made before, but that was awhile ago.)

I can host now thanks to Mag, so I'll probably play around there every now and then for laughs.

maynard
08-04-2010, 09:00 PM
I got it, but became bored of the people who play it. seems like every server you join is just a crazy amount of kids whom are arguing about everything and going on non stop on the mic with there little girl voices... got old.

Jeimuzu
08-04-2010, 09:34 PM
I agree. It's better with friends.

XX0wnsXY
08-06-2010, 05:05 PM
I would join just to bash you all with boards.

acolyte_to_jippity
08-06-2010, 06:20 PM
what's the fucking point to that game?

maynard
08-06-2010, 06:35 PM
what's the fucking point to that game?

depends on the server. they do a lot of diff stuff. some servers can be pretty fun.

XX0wnsXY
08-06-2010, 06:37 PM
depends on the server. they do a lot of diff stuff. some servers can be pretty fun.

I don't remember the name of the server I played on a while ago, but It was just different nature maps where you built your house and mined ore and stuff. Kind of RPG like. I got bored and began to take the boards off of my house and bash people many feet away from their territory. lol.

taz1stP
08-06-2010, 11:28 PM
i play it rarely any more cant find a good sever any more. we need an ibis sever on it lol.

echo501st
08-07-2010, 03:40 PM
Will someone please explain this game? i still dont get it? what is the point?

maynard
08-07-2010, 04:55 PM
Will someone please explain this game? i still dont get it? what is the point?

depends on the server. some games are RPG style, some there's rooms you can enter with challenges 2 complete, some are just more of a shooter... all depends on the server.

Jeimuzu
08-07-2010, 05:18 PM
I'll post a video here of Gmod (Memories Ep 5) in awhile. You guys can see for yourself what it's about, if you know what I mean.

Also, I'm serious.. You guys can contact me on Steam and I'll host a server for us to screw around in. At least until Zero decides to make a server.. (Like that'll happen.)

taz1stP
08-07-2010, 07:12 PM
basically you build stuff. be it a base, shop, boat, car, ect and depending on sever will depend on what you do. if its a rpg you do what your job is if its post apocalyptic you try to hide and not be found or you kill. there are ones where you build a boat and have boat wars it all just depends on the sever. the only limit is your imagination.

maynard
08-07-2010, 10:34 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fh8VfFH78jY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fh8VfFH78jY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pemj23fVAZc&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pemj23fVAZc&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

BladeTwinSwords
08-10-2010, 01:25 PM
Gmod has no goals. It's just a free for all with a good sized population of whiny little kids/ 'artists'/ furries.

Jeimuzu
08-10-2010, 04:39 PM
Gmod has no goals. It's just a free for all with a good sized population of whiny little kids/ 'artists'/ furries.

Your just mad cause you can't play it.

Rob
08-14-2010, 06:01 PM
Your just mad cause you can't play it.

And, even if he could. He would be not nearly as awesome as i am at making an 8 cylinder engine. that actually works.

XX0wnsXY
08-15-2010, 05:18 AM
I'm extremely addicted to trouble in terrorist town 0.o.

Jeimuzu
08-15-2010, 08:34 PM

That game would only be good if it was 3 minute timers with like all friends.. Otherwise you can end up getting killed in the first minute and have to wait 10 minutes to play.. It's usually why I end up just cading up a house or something..

I like regular Gmod better. You just need to be able to put limits on yourself.. To make things interesting.. People have trouble doing that though.

XX0wnsXY
08-15-2010, 09:35 PM
That game would only be good if it was 3 minute timers with like all friends.. Otherwise you can end up getting killed in the first minute and have to wait 10 minutes to play.. It's usually why I end up just cading up a house or something..

I like regular Gmod better. You just need to be able to put limits on yourself.. To make things interesting.. People have trouble doing that though.

Yes, it can be rather slow, but I think the whole idea of it is enough to keep it interesting. If you care enough about it you can really learn some good tactics by watching the experienced players.

mag36
08-16-2010, 03:28 AM

Yeah Trouble in Terrorist town can be pretty fun...... Owns joined me in it a few days ago when we had alot of ibis regs in it and shes been playing ever sicne... It puts a new spin into the game "Simular to the board game Clue".

Rob
08-16-2010, 07:03 AM
Yeah Trouble in Terrorist town can be pretty fun...... Owns joined me in it a few days ago when we had alot of ibis regs in it and shes been playing ever sicne... It puts a new spin into the game "Simular to the board game Clue".

Yeah, BUT. I still prefer what gmod was originally made for.

Building.
Best thing you can do with gmod.
Wiremod + PHX3 = unlimited possibilities.

StarsMine
08-16-2010, 04:58 PM

yea but that server we have been playing it on is terrible, some of the admins like Xol seem to hate ibis, and the other admins are just jackasses

Jeimuzu
08-16-2010, 05:39 PM
Yeah, BUT. I still prefer what gmod was originally made for.

Building.
Best thing you can do with gmod.
Wiremod + PHX3 = unlimited possibilities.

I agree. I gotta update Wire and PHX3 when I get home so everyone can come over and play regular GM.

yea but that server we have been playing it on is terrible, some of the admins like Xol seem to hate ibis, and the other admins are just jackasses

Xol is a punk. The only admin who I have any respect for is Commrade.. Simply because he was smart enough to know he made a mistake and unbanned Stars, Res, and me.

Funny thing is, he banned me when I killed him, when he was a traitor.. XD

Jeimuzu
08-20-2010, 07:52 AM
yzV-kCRy-2I

Here's some stupid moments that give you an idea about what Gmod is about.

TheLittlestHobo
08-25-2010, 07:29 PM
I LoL all the way. Good times man...especially the traitor one.

XX0wnsXY
08-25-2010, 09:37 PM
yzV-kCRy-2I

Here's some stupid moments that give you an idea about what Gmod is about.

rofl. That's hillarious.

Kavinsky
08-30-2010, 04:31 AM
Yeah if only my mic wasnt so fucking low at the time.

Christmas
08-30-2010, 05:44 PM
Yeah if only my mic wasnt so fucking low at the time.

That's what made it so great.

Jeimuzu
08-31-2010, 08:20 AM
The ending still makes me laugh.