PDA

View Full Version : Microphone trouble

Kavinsky
08-05-2010, 11:15 AM
I just got my comp fixed for some mallware about a week ago and for some reason my mic is now really low ingame even thought I've got it set to max in the steam options and ingame

along with the settings for the mic itself set to 100 with no boost (the boost seems to add static and not really do anything)

so any help or ideas on how to fix this would be welcome, I'm using a logitech desktop microphone 600 that was working just fine for me before I sent it in for malware removal

acolyte_to_jippity
08-05-2010, 11:18 AM
check your drivers in device manager. and try updateing your driver for your mic (or just sound, if you don't have seperate ones)

hallwagner
08-05-2010, 11:19 AM
I just got my comp fixed for some mallware about a week ago and for some reason my mic is now really low ingame even thought I've got it set to max in the steam options and ingame

along with the settings for the mic itself set to 100 with no boost (the boost seems to add static and not really do anything)

so any help or ideas on how to deal with this would be apreciated.

ive had this problem also, but mine seems to happen when i unplug the headset to use my speakers. it takes multiple tries of unplugging the mic and plugging it back in, and fucking with the settings. i have no clear idea how to fix it other than it eventually works :P

Kavinsky
08-05-2010, 11:25 AM
I was thinking about updating the drivers for my soundcard (I dont think the mic has its own, its a plug in and play) but I was hoping to do that as a last resort.

acolyte_to_jippity
08-05-2010, 11:29 AM
I was thinking about updating the drivers for my soundcard (I dont think the mic has its own, its a plug in and play) but I was hoping to do that as a last resort.

why? shouldn't hurt anything.

Kavinsky
08-05-2010, 01:44 PM
I've just been very sort of aprehensive about doing any tinkering, Im hoping that if I find the right setting it should fix it, rather than screwing with a driver

maynard
08-05-2010, 01:47 PM
it's weird. with my mic, half the people tell me I'm really quiet, evne though I got everythign maxed like you do, and have updated all my drivers, and then the other half of the crowd can hear me perfectly fine.... and CSS is the ONLY game where that happens.... tiz weird.

acolyte_to_jippity
08-05-2010, 03:01 PM
I've just been very sort of aprehensive about doing any tinkering, Im hoping that if I find the right setting it should fix it, rather than screwing with a driver

it's weird. with my mic, half the people tell me I'm really quiet, evne though I got everythign maxed like you do, and have updated all my drivers, and then the other half of the crowd can hear me perfectly fine.... and CSS is the ONLY game where that happens.... tiz weird.

get a sound recorder software (windows naturally has sound recorder built-in)
record your voice over mic and see how it comes out.

maynard, that's fucking weird. sounds almost like something wrong in your autoconfig...but no clue what

chase
08-05-2010, 03:05 PM
I had the same problem for over a year. I eventually got fed up, spent a day tinkering with the settings and it turns out some inputs or outputs have to be muted? Then again, every system is different but if you still have the problem msg me on steam and I'll try to help you out when i get off work around 9:30

acolyte_to_jippity
08-05-2010, 03:24 PM
yeah, i think you're in my steamfriends kav. if i'm on msg me and i could teamviewer w/ you to see if i can figure it out. no promises of course

Kavinsky
08-05-2010, 04:24 PM
Alright ill look into doing that later, I did manage to get the sound receiver quality for the mic up strangely by setting it to dvd quallity

so it got me to thinking do you know if theres a sound sensitivity setting where I can rig it up so that it picks up my voice from about a foot away rather than right next to it like its doing now?

and it'll have to be after 11:00 pm thought because of the new futurama today.

Kavinsky
08-06-2010, 12:20 PM
Eurika! I fixed it, I had to fuck around with a bunch of settings and then boost it by 20 dm and it fixed itself in a typical fashion so thanks anyway guys.