PDA

View Full Version : Im lookin for new music

Lezno
08-06-2010, 09:59 AM
Im bored with what i have and dont really have a good way to access new music if anyone has any input id appreciate it

any type of music works

hallwagner
08-06-2010, 10:07 AM
Im bored with what i have and dont really have a good way to access new music if anyone has any input id appreciate it

any type of music works

check out the "what is ur music style" thread. my posts were the best :D

uuntiltheendd
08-06-2010, 10:19 AM
go to last.fm. you type in a band/artist and when they come up, it will also show a list of artists who are similar to who you searched for. this may be a start.

hallweiner, youre still stuck in the 90s. :icon_mrgreen:

hallwagner
08-06-2010, 10:35 AM
go to last.fm. you type in a band/artist and when they come up, it will also show a list of artists who are similar to who you searched for. this may be a start.

hallweiner, youre still stuck in the 90s. :icon_mrgreen:

aw well at least i dont look like an ethnic justin bieber and listen to real justin bieber :D plus 90's metal is some of the best music ever made how can you compare with godsmack, fear factory, metallica, hatebreed, slayer, rammstein, pantera, and throwdown? you cant, besides most of those were primarily active in the 2000's nice try justin, but no cigar :smirk:

uuntiltheendd
08-06-2010, 10:56 AM
you got me on that one.

hallwagner
08-06-2010, 11:30 AM
you got me on that one.

yes, yes i do :smirk:

acolyte_to_jippity
08-06-2010, 11:34 AM
pandora.com

Lezno
08-06-2010, 11:41 AM
pandora sucks

Lezno
08-06-2010, 11:45 AM
well sorta

hallwagner
08-06-2010, 11:50 AM
pandora sucks

HAHA, what i do is go to youtube with a band that i know i already like, and look at the suggestions or w/e. theyre actually pretty good suggestions

acolyte_to_jippity
08-06-2010, 11:53 AM
pandora kicks so much ass.

once you nurse a station through about an hour of "liking" some and "disliking" others, it'll end up playing ony stuff you like

hallwagner
08-06-2010, 11:55 AM
pandora kicks so much ass.

once you nurse a station through about an hour of "liking" some and "disliking" others, it'll end up playing ony stuff you like

fuck that, this aint facebook boi

loka
08-06-2010, 12:40 PM
If you don't listen to all types of music, situation is useless. Pandora is okay, and I have the APP on my BlackBerry when my mp3's bore me. I put 5 different types of bands or artist I like and go through those stations. Pandora only sucks because they don't offer different genres in one station. So what I did was pick 5 artist:

Hatebreed
Breaking Benjamin
Immortal Technique
Trey Songz
John Mayer

I end up switching up between all 5 stations and have a mix from metal to underground hip hop to acoustic.

Youtube is OK, but you have to know what songs and music you're looking for. Artist and titles aren't correct on youtube most the time.

Kavinsky
08-06-2010, 01:19 PM
Just look shit up on you tube and then bittorent it all at once to keep your visibility low.

after all there looking for the people who share a ton of shit not someone looking for a bunch of songs who gets off the grid right after they dl it and never come back

uuntiltheendd
08-06-2010, 02:01 PM
nobody else has tried last.fm? i find it better than pandora.

also, itunes shows similar artists. just find the album of the artist you like and below it, it shows what other people have bought that is similar to that artist. oh and there is that genius thing on itunes but ive never used it.

loka
08-06-2010, 02:03 PM
Last I tried last.fm, i had to DL their program and run it with what I listen through my computer. Caused issues overtime. iTunes is good with their Music Genius through what you buy and what you add on your iPod.

uuntiltheendd
08-06-2010, 02:06 PM
oh that sucks.. i never had to download anything. i just go to the website and click music and it skips that page where it says to make a profile.

Lezno
08-06-2010, 02:33 PM
i have a blackberry what app are you using? pandora?? cus thatl mean ill have to take back my statement from earlier

BladeTwinSwords
08-06-2010, 02:55 PM
1. Pandora
2. Music review websites
3. Not me

Christmas
08-06-2010, 05:23 PM
http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1754

Hurr. Can't believe nobody else mentioned it.

hallwagner
08-06-2010, 05:30 PM

you obviously cant read. i did

Christmas
08-06-2010, 05:36 PM
you obviously cant read. i did

I don't pay much attention to your posts so it's quite possible I missed it.

XX0wnsXY
08-06-2010, 05:41 PM

Someone did :D

Nevermind I got beat.

hallwagner
08-06-2010, 05:46 PM
I don't pay much attention to your posts so it's quite possible I missed it.

well, you sir, are an ass

Christmas
08-06-2010, 05:49 PM
well, you sir, are an ass

I've been practicing...

hallwagner
08-06-2010, 05:53 PM
I've been practicing...

u got a long ways to go :smirk:

loka
08-06-2010, 07:21 PM
i have a blackberry what app are you using? pandora?? cus thatl mean ill have to take back my statement from earlier

Yeah BB has an app for Pandora through AppWorld for free.

maynard
08-06-2010, 07:24 PM
fear factory

other then the song cars, what have they ever done that's been significant

Christmas
08-06-2010, 07:28 PM

Their really shitty music is significant.

maynard
08-06-2010, 07:30 PM
Their really shitty music is significant.

lol....

hallwagner
08-06-2010, 07:31 PM

damaged, linchpin, self bias resistor, and a bunch of others. i seriously doubt youve listened to every one of their songs that theyve made in their 21 year history because i sure havent

maynard
08-06-2010, 07:33 PM
damaged, linchpin, self bias resistor, and a bunch of others. i seriously doubt youve listened to every one of their songs that theyve made in their 21 year history because i sure havent

ofcourse I have, been listening 2 them on and off through my dads albums all growing up. majority of there music sounds the exact same.

if ive been able 2 listen 2 all of Rush's albums which is like 40 albums over there 40 year career, I think I can hear all of fear factory's stuff....

hallwagner
08-06-2010, 07:51 PM
ofcourse I have, been listening 2 them on and off through my dads albums all growing up. majority of there music sounds the exact same.

if ive been able 2 listen 2 all of Rush's albums which is like 40 albums over there 40 year career, I think I can hear all of fear factory's stuff....

fine, i want your shitty opinion on the other bands ive listed

maynard
08-06-2010, 08:03 PM
fine, i want your shitty opinion on the other bands ive listed

why's my opinion shitty, cause I don't agree with you? lol....

either way, fine then...

plus 90's metal is some of the best music ever made how can you compare with godsmack, fear factory, metallica, hatebreed, slayer, rammstein, pantera

-Godsmack... meh they got some good songs, but I've never been a big fan of them.
-fear factory... lawl
-Metallica.. not a 90's rock band last I checked, but they're the epic of the epic.
-hatebreed.. meh, overrated imo, other then the song I will be heard I have never cared for them. I downloaded all there music and found myself never wanting 2 listen 2 any of it...
-Slayer... good shit, don't listen 2 slayer that much anymore, but ive always enjoyed slayer and thought they're bad ass. but also not a 90's rock band
Rammstein- beyond epic. they have an amazing nack for making catchy songs. for being strait German and having the fame that they do in north America that's props and an accomplishment in it's self.
-Pantera... RIP DD, also a great band and also not a 90's rock band.

hallwagner
08-06-2010, 08:18 PM
why's my opinion shitty, cause I don't agree with you? lol....

either way, fine then...

-Godsmack... meh they got some good songs, but I've never been a big fan of them.
-fear factory... lawl
-Metallica.. not a 90's rock band last I checked, but they're the epic of the epic.
-hatebreed.. meh, overrated imo, other then the song I will be heard I have never cared for them. I downloaded all there music and found myself never wanting 2 listen 2 any of it...
-Slayer... good shit, don't listen 2 slayer that much anymore, but ive always enjoyed slayer and thought they're bad ass. but also not a 90's rock band
Rammstein- beyond epic. they have an amazing nack for making catchy songs. for being strait German and having the fame that they do in north America that's props and an accomplishment in it's self.
-Pantera... RIP DD, also a great band and also not a 90's rock band.
i wasnt the one who made the 90's rock reference first, that was uuintiltheend, besides theyre all technically 90's rock bands because they were all active in the 90's. yes most of them had their peaks either in the 80's or 2000's but all were playing in the 90's

maynard
08-06-2010, 08:24 PM
i wasnt the one who made the 90's rock reference first, that was uuintiltheend, besides theyre all technically 90's rock bands because they were all active in the 90's. yes most of them had their peaks either in the 80's or 2000's but all were playing in the 90's

I don't get why you say you're not the 1 that made the silly claim that they're 90's rock bands, and then try and defend it?

fact is if you try and claim that pantera or slayer are rock and roll bands... well .. .lol

also when talking about a band and defining there time period, you define them either by when they started, or finally became popular... metallica was formed damn near in the 70's... saying there a 90's band is just.. well do the math bro.

hallwagner
08-06-2010, 08:33 PM
I don't get why you say you're not the 1 that made the silly claim that they're 90's rock bands, and then try and defend it?

fact is if you try and claim that pantera or slayer are rock and roll bands... well .. .lol

also when talking about a band and defining there time period, you define them either by when they started, or finally became popular... metallica was formed damn near in the 70's... saying there a 90's band is just.. well do the math bro.

wow your logic fails.

1. i'm not trying to defend his point, i'm trying to argue because i love to argue
2. i never said 90's rock as in theyre peak or defining period of the band, i was stating that they were all active in the 90's, which they all definitely were
3. slayer and pantera ARE rock bands. rock is a wide genre that consists of many sub-genres, such as trash metal (slayer and pantera) death metal, hardcore, soft rock, and the list goes on and on and on. you try to defeat my logic with knowing nothing about what im trying to say and knowing near nothing about music

maynard
08-06-2010, 08:43 PM
and knowing near nothing about music

lmfao I was never trying 2 "defeat your logic" or whatever dumbass thing you said, I was clearly stating that those bands arn't 90's bands, and ive never heard a single person say ya man, "patnera is an awesome rock band!" regardless of rock being a wide variety term.

oh and PS, unlike you, ive seen all the bands you've listed above live, other then rammstein and fear factory.

ive seen damn near every major show there is on the planet, I spend a good 5 thousand bucks a year traveling 2 Vancouver for concerts. if you want 2 claim I don't know anything about music cause I don't agree with you eye 2 eye on everything, well then that can be your own ignorance.

when you've been 2 over 100 concerts like I have and seen the majority of all major venues, let me know.

also as you stated you just love 2 argue, and that's the vibe that's clearly showing, so I'm done with this thread... well not the thread, but done arguing with ya.

loka
08-06-2010, 08:52 PM
For the record, I have heard someone say "Pantera is one of the best rock bands" from another guitarist. Ozzfest 2004 Jagermeister tent. His name is Kerry King. Semantics are for retards who want to argue idiosyncrasies.

maynard
08-06-2010, 08:55 PM
I saw pantera at ozzfest, was awesome!

best shows ive seen were Tool, metallica, Rush, ozzy, The Tea Party, ACDC, pink floyd experience. and I say best shows ive seen just based on the performance they put on, and how well the show was put together. actually I saw korn bbaacckkk in the day, and they were fucking awesome also. did a hell of a job live.... fuck... I feel old.

hallwagner
08-06-2010, 09:04 PM
lmfao I was never trying 2 "defeat your logic" or whatever dumbass thing you said, I was clearly stating that those bands arn't 90's bands, and ive never heard a single person say ya man, "patnera is an awesome rock band!" regardless of rock being a wide variety term.

oh and PS, unlike you, ive seen all the bands you've listed above live, other then rammstein and fear factory.

ive seen damn near every major show there is on the planet, I spend a good 5 thousand bucks a year traveling 2 Vancouver for concerts. if you want 2 claim I don't know anything about music cause I don't agree with you eye 2 eye on everything, well then that can be your own ignorance.

when you've been 2 over 100 concerts like I have and seen the majority of all major venues, let me know.

also as you stated you just love 2 argue, and that's the vibe that's clearly showing, so I'm done with this thread... well not the thread, but done arguing with ya.

i'm surprised you havent learned by now, i'm a very literal person. i like to argue what is said, not what is meant. also, its not my problem i cant afford to go to a fuckton of concerts. in fact ive really only been to a couple concerts in my life. steppenwolf and aerosmith (back in my classic rock days) stone temple pilots, nickelback, breaking benjamin, shinedown, sick puppies, and thats basically it. im also planning to see slayer, megadeth, and anthrax soon

maynard
08-06-2010, 09:08 PM
fuck dave mustaine

hallwagner
08-06-2010, 09:12 PM
fuck dave mustaine

true, i really just am going to see slayer, but since all three are playing i gotta make do

maynard
08-06-2010, 09:17 PM
true, i really just am going to see slayer, but since all three are playing i gotta make do

fair enough then.

uuntiltheendd
08-06-2010, 09:18 PM
not that it matters, i just like to see hallweiners reaction to things, but i would like to retract my statement about hallweiners musical ear. what i meant to say was hallweiner, your posts in the music thread werent that great.

hallwagner
08-06-2010, 09:40 PM
not that it matters, i just like to see hallweiners reaction to things, but i would like to retract my statement about hallweiners musical ear. what i meant to say was hallweiner, your posts in the music thread werent that great.

pft, i was just posting more underground/less known things. you saw almost no posts about extremely well known artists by me, except maybe for a few. plus we dont need your musical opinion justin bieber. what do you consider to be good music then? rap=retards attempting poetry, so we can stop right there if ur gonna post that shit, most rap is horrible i can bet u that i like, or at the very least, have heard of the bands you'll list if theyre in the rock/metal genre. im a person with very wide musical tastes, i like rock (almost every genre under that classification) classical, country, SOME r & b and hip hop/rap, techno, blues, big band/swing. maybe my absolute faves arent to your liking, but i'll bet theres alot of bands we both like and know alot about

uuntiltheendd
08-06-2010, 10:19 PM
yesssss. i got the reaction i was looking for.

im just messing with you man. i hope youre not getting any negative vibes.

vibes. lol.

hallwagner
08-06-2010, 11:44 PM
yesssss. i got the reaction i was looking for.

im just messing with you man. i hope youre not getting any negative vibes.

vibes. lol.

you sir, are a homo :smirk: