PDA

View Full Version : [Fixed] AVI File Question

Jeimuzu
08-06-2010, 08:15 PM
Some of you have watched the equivalent of a year's worth of anime in dog years (not a bad thing, though), which means some of you may have come across an AVI file that has been corrupted or broken.

My question is, do any of you know how to fix said broken AVI file, if it perhaps, didn't get to finish coding.. This is a real important issue (to me) that I would like to resolve.

I appreciate any help. Here's an awesome picture that I have no idea what it goes to.

ZERO
08-06-2010, 08:41 PM
I just stayed away from avi files... You can try to edit the file in a video editing program to fix it. However the best option is usually to re download it.

StarsMine
08-06-2010, 08:45 PM
I just stayed away from avi files... You can try to edit the file in a video editing program to fix it. However the best option is usually to re download it.

It was a recording of l4d, we cant recreate it either :/

Jeimuzu
08-06-2010, 08:50 PM
http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4563

By the way Stars, uploading Ep 4 right now.

Jeimuzu
08-07-2010, 12:27 PM
YES! I made some progress using a program called Media Encoder.. I can see the frames of the video or hear the video (not at the same time), meaning I should be able to piece things together.. It make take awhile..

I might end up having to render the video frame by frame and add the audio later.. Which would be the easiest part.