PDA

View Full Version : Zombie Mod Realism

Alfa
08-11-2010, 10:24 AM
This is idea needs further discussion. Idk how this thread got put into CSS Discussion.....

Zombies: The Zombies would have endless lives and all would be fast/moderate speed zombies but would only have 300-500 HP so there 1-3 Hits.

Survivors: The Survivors would be regular but the buy menu would be heavily restricted to what you would normally find in a Zombie Apocalypses to Pistols, Pump Shotgun, Scout, and maybe a very weak Rifle or SMG. (Idk about this but semi limited ammo?)

Maps: Pretty much all escape maps if not all escape ( I dont think cading would work very well in this mod.) (And this could have map makers come up with entirely new kinds of ZM maps with real objectives other than just hitting buttons...)

THE HOLY SH**T!
08-11-2010, 10:31 AM
This is an awesome idea. The zm would be more realistic. Escape maps would be more fun and it would also be a challenge to survive.

This is how i would think we could make zm more balance and alot more fun.

I like the idea of restricted weapons because you dont see machine guns, p90s, desert eagles laying around on the street irl.

This could also help james idea of a cade and escape server, and make escapes more fair for humans.

^^^^^

acolyte_to_jippity
08-11-2010, 10:38 AM
...just play zombie riot

X 1 Viper1
08-11-2010, 11:53 AM
This is idea needs further discussion. Idk how this thread got put into CSS Discussion.....

Zombies: The Zombies would have endless lives and all would be fast/moderate speed zombies but would only have 300-500 HP so there 1-3 Hits.

Survivors: The Survivors would be regular but the buy menu would be heavily restricted to what you would normally find in a Zombie Apocalypses to Pistols, Pump Shotgun, Scout, and maybe a very weak Rifle or SMG. (Idk about this but semi limited ammo?)

Maps: Pretty much all escape maps if not all escape ( I dont think cading would work very well in this mod.) (And this could have map makers come up with entirely new kinds of ZM maps with real objectives other than just hitting buttons...)

The problem with this is that we will need entirely new maps. So if zero were to some how make this mod then we would need map makers. Which ibis doesn't currently have. You look at steamgamers where they have map makers such as Hannibal making maps specifically for that server. Also this sounds alot like zombie panic!

Christmas
08-11-2010, 12:14 PM
The problem with this is that we will need entirely new maps. So if zero were to some how make this mod then we would need map makers. Which ibis doesn't currently have. You look at steamgamers where they have map makers such as Hannibal making maps specifically for that server. Also this sounds alot like zombie panic!

*raises hand*

ZERO
08-11-2010, 01:09 PM
Actually this is how zombie mod was before zombie classes were invented about 4 years ago.

acolyte_to_jippity
08-11-2010, 01:11 PM
Actually this is how zombie mod was before zombie classes were invented about 4 years ago.

...that must have blown.

Perry
08-11-2010, 02:07 PM
sounds better than LOTR and cading ridiculous maps such as church of mint.

but yes we need an escape and cade server.

hallwagner
08-11-2010, 02:13 PM
sounds better than LOTR and cading ridiculous maps such as church of mint.

but yes we need an escape and cade server.

church of mint is an awesome map, why dont u like it?

Christmas
08-11-2010, 02:15 PM
church of mint is an awesome map, why dont u like it?

The tubes.

Everyone runs to the tubes as if they are the only place you can cade. Then they act hard after killing 3 or 4 zombies. In a tube.

It's not a great map.

acolyte_to_jippity
08-11-2010, 02:21 PM
The tubes.

Everyone runs to the tubes as if they are the only place you can cade. Then they act hard after killing 3 or 4 zombies. In a tube.

It's not a great map.

it's a fucking incredible map.

there are plenty of places to cade, the noobs just like being retarded

THE HOLY SH**T!
08-11-2010, 06:05 PM
zombie riot is different then this idea. Plus zombie riot are bots not human controlled. You can give certain classes more health, at the cost of a reduced speed and ect... this is just an idea that could be tweaked around.:muffy:

acolyte_to_jippity
08-11-2010, 06:40 PM
zombie riot is different then this idea. Plus zombie riot are bots not human controlled. You can give certain classes more health, at the cost of a reduced speed and ect... this is just an idea that could be tweaked around.:muffy:

true, they're not human controlled.

for escape maps (or our own custom ones) this would probably be pretty good. i must admit i'm warming to the idea. however, cade maps must remain untouched

Alfa
08-12-2010, 12:26 PM
I play zombie panic all the time and I see how you could say there similar but I think the huge difference in this would be the one hit tag instead of ZPS 4 hits.

On top of that there is a much greater variety of weapons within CSS that do much more damage and knock back, unlike ZPS where sometimes you can put an entire clip into a zombie to kill it and other times you could put 5 rounds into it to kill it.

Map variants in CSS are also a big difference because its much easier to put objectives into a CSS map than it is for a ZPS map. Most player made maps in ZPS are ZPS instead of ZPO or ZPA and the ZPO maps I have seen are usually just crude variants of Cabin which suck imo.

acolyte_to_jippity
08-12-2010, 01:21 PM
i think we were taslking about zombie panic servers in css.

not any seperate game

Perry
08-12-2010, 01:21 PM
The tubes.

It's not a great map.

not only that but in those two rooms you can cade, everyone tries to get in them AFTER you built the cade and they break it.

acolyte_to_jippity
08-12-2010, 01:23 PM
not only that but in those two rooms you can cade, everyone tries to get in them AFTER you built the cade and they break it.

cade w/ me perry. you'll be fine.

hell, on chateau_supreme last night i kicked 4 people who were shooting their way into me and mef's cade. one after the other, just bing bing bing bing!

Perry
08-12-2010, 01:33 PM
I rarely play zmod anymore cuz it seems its all retard who like LOTR. I kinda gave up on them and moved to GG

acolyte_to_jippity
08-12-2010, 01:49 PM
I rarely play zmod anymore cuz it seems its all retard who like LOTR. I kinda gave up on them and moved to GG

it's ok perry. if i'm on, we don't play LOTR.

or paranoid

juts good, old, cade maps (fiddlers green FTW!)

Perry
08-12-2010, 02:58 PM
roy_highway?

I like escape maps too. some are just fun.

acolyte_to_jippity
08-12-2010, 03:06 PM
roy_highway?

lets see, my favorite rotation includes:
roy_highway
roy_the_ship
churchofmint
4corners
abandoned_town
chateau_supreme
fiddlers_green
bumfight
SCRAPYARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
highschool_beta
westwood
420_beachstrike
holdout_mountain

the onlygood escape maps got fucked up in the update (:sniff: farewell jurrassicpark and rooftops_runaway_extended)

Perry
08-12-2010, 03:14 PM
fuck 4 corners and scrapyard.

they are both glitch havens

acolyte_to_jippity
08-12-2010, 03:16 PM
fuck 4 corners and scrapyard.

they are both glitch havens

no, they are both incredible examples of maps that are incredible.

i'm guessing you're one of those that can't get in the pipes on scrapyard. i can't either, but i rarely ever die on that map, unless someone's a retard or i try to get tagged

and 4corners is very balanced.

Perry
08-12-2010, 03:34 PM
everytime i play in 4 corners i get stuck in the water and cant move.

THE HOLY SH**T!
08-12-2010, 04:03 PM
no, they are both incredible examples of maps that are incredible.

i'm guessing you're one of those that can't get in the pipes on scrapyard. i can't either, but i rarely ever die on that map, unless someone's a retard or i try to get tagged

and 4corners is very balanced.

4corners is not balance what so ever. sorry to tell you that, it is beyond human sided. if you check the statics humans win 88% of the time. That is a ridiculous win percentage, and easily in the top 5.

jurassic and rooftopv6 are not that good of escape maps.

acolyte_to_jippity
08-12-2010, 04:07 PM
everytime i play in 4 corners i get stuck in the water and cant move.

you may-or-may-not be hitting a wall

4corners is not balance what so ever. sorry to tell you that, it is beyond human sided. if you check the statics humans win 88% of the time. That is a ridiculous win percentage, and easily in the top 5.

jurassic and rooftopv6 are not that good of escape maps.

poison zombie mother fucker!
takes down the construction towe, and the tan tower tops.

X 1 Viper1
08-12-2010, 04:10 PM
roy_highway?

Roy_highway is the biggest piece of shit that was ever made. There are little to no cade spots it is just a giant fucking map that the humans hide on. The zombies NEVER win because you will get some asshole hiding in the dark that no one is able to find. That map fucking blows.:plzdie:

THE HOLY SH**T!
08-12-2010, 04:10 PM
you may-or-may-not be hitting a wall

poison zombie mother fucker!
takes down the construction towe, and the tan tower tops.

hmmm no. If your a basic/new to the map you will be there. the smart people know were to cade at and how to set them up quickly. I would say there is 7 unbreakable cades on that map, which all are easy to set up.

Alfa
08-12-2010, 04:12 PM
acolyte whats ur in game name cause when i ust to play all the time with Holy i don't recall ever seeing u in the server. And if u take offense to this don't call out my 0% activity or how im an IBIS Noob b/c i haven't been on the ZM in 3 months cause it sucks ass now and i don't really troll the fourms all day.

acolyte_to_jippity
08-12-2010, 05:59 PM
nowadays, i'm priest

and i think that with enough quality admins, and on the right maps ibis ZM is incredible.

hallwagner
08-12-2010, 07:50 PM
The tubes.

It's not a great map.

yes, i despise the tubes too, but most maps have cheap spots that almost nobody can get in to. i usually go into one of the two cade spots in the basement, and when/if i get tagged i dont even try to get into the tubes.

DJ_MikeyRevile
08-12-2010, 09:51 PM
is this where i fantasize about a zombie mod server that will never happen?

Perry
08-12-2010, 10:11 PM
is this where i fantasize about men that touch me? that will never happen....

fixed

Alfa
08-13-2010, 09:38 AM
is this where i fantasize about a zombie mod server that will never happen?

Yeah pretty much

hallwagner
08-14-2010, 12:30 PM
cade w/ me perry. you'll be fine.

hell, on chateau_supreme last night i kicked 4 people who were shooting their way into me and mef's cade. one after the other, just bing bing bing bing!

yea, me and acolyte pwn in that leftside room. we played the whole church of mint map just cading that room, and we got so good at setting up the cade, it takes like 1 minute from spawn to having that cade be unbreakable (sorta) twas fun

acolyte_to_jippity
08-14-2010, 07:04 PM
yea, me and acolyte pwn in that leftside room. we played the whole church of mint map just cading that room, and we got so good at setting up the cade, it takes like 1 minute from spawn to having that cade be unbreakable (sorta) twas fun

lol, thank james. the few super cades i know came direct from his p90