PDA

View Full Version : Missing Map connection problem

Kavinsky
08-12-2010, 08:14 PM
For some reason when I try and join any server with a new map as soon as it gets to downloading it, it says missing map and auto disconnects me and I do have it set to download all custom content from a server.

So any idea how to fix this?

Kavinsky
08-13-2010, 11:47 AM
Nevermind I fixed it what was happening is somehow valve rigged it up so that it dl's the MAP and only the map throught internet explorer and when I updated firefox it disabled its internet capability. after fixing it, it started dling the maps just fine.

so if your having trouble downloading maps its internet explorer related and has nothing to do with steam.

acolyte_to_jippity
08-13-2010, 12:07 PM
Nevermind I fixed it what was happening. somehow valve rigged it up so that it dl's the MAP and only the map throught internet explorer and when I updated firefox it disabled its internet capability. after fixing it, it started dling the maps just fine.

so if your having trouble downloading maps its internet explorer related and has nothing to do with steam.

what do you mean it uses IE?
i thought it was a straight file copy/transfer from the server.

is there anyway to fix this easily, say change it from IE to chrome or firefox?

Kavinsky
08-13-2010, 03:30 PM
It does use IE for downloading maps, thats what all the topics about this on the steam forums said and sure enough it looks like it does along with a few other things

like the vids on jaylenosgarage which finally started working for me after I fixed IE along with the new vids on the d2 brigade site
and I dont think there is, I guess its hardwired to only work with Internet Explorer unless your on a mac I guess.

ZERO
08-13-2010, 10:29 PM
Yes, steam uses IE for everything. If you remove it from your computer your fucked.

StarsMine
08-14-2010, 02:38 AM
I thought they stoped using IE when they updated for Macs o.O.

I cant watch youtube while playing CSs anymore, and alt-tabing in CSS always glitches shit up :(

acolyte_to_jippity
08-14-2010, 10:21 AM

I cant watch youtube while playing CSs anymore, and alt-tabing in CSS always glitches shit up :(

play in a window. if you set it to be the same resolution as your screen, then it'll look like it's full-screen but shift-tab will free up the mouse to minimize or select a different window from the task bar.

hallwagner
08-14-2010, 02:17 PM

i can!!! it just randomly stops working at times, as well as my whole steam overlay/web browser. but i regularly play youtube music while zombie modding. not to show off or anything :P
i can also use multilple background programs while playing css, such as ie, google chrome, wmp, and even bit torrent, without causing any major ping/latency issues. although limewire always fucks it up. good thing i dont use it anymore!!!

acolyte_to_jippity
08-14-2010, 07:05 PM
i can!!! it just randomly stops working at times, as well as my whole steam overlay/web browser. but i regularly play youtube music while zombie modding. not to show off or anything :P
i can also use multilple background programs while playing css, such as ie, google chrome, wmp, and even bit torrent, without causing any major ping/latency issues. although limewire always fucks it up. good thing i dont use it anymore!!!

same. i normally have chrome, 2 google chat windows up, and windows media player/VLC player for tunes.

hallwagner
08-17-2010, 02:16 PM
this thread doesnt solve anything kavinsky. wtf did u redirect here 4? i have ie and google chrome and still cant dl some maps...