PDA

View Full Version : Zero Map Crashes Server

Mrs. Xen_Warrior
08-17-2010, 08:34 AM
Hey I joined zmod this morning and zm_salon_moon was crashing the server

acolyte_to_jippity
08-17-2010, 08:42 AM
Hey I joined zmod this morning and zm_salon_moon was crashing the server

what time this morning? and when it came back, did it happen again? sometimes the crashes'll just be one-and-done type of things.

and why does that map sound familiar?

AngryHobo690
08-17-2010, 11:24 AM
It sounds familiar because a few weeks back I made a forum post saying how this map crashed the server twice in a row before I could change it. I am no expert but I am thinking we should remove the map from the list. It seems like we have had a lot of problems with this map lately.

acolyte_to_jippity
08-17-2010, 11:25 AM
It sounds familiar because a few weeks back I made a forum post saying how this map crashed the server twice in a row before I could change it. I am no expert but I am thinking we should remove the map from the list. It seems like we have had a lot of problems with this map lately.

ah. makes sense then

Christmas
08-17-2010, 12:57 PM
You might want to post this in the right format.

Also what exactly happens before the crash occurs? Would be nice to know what goes on so it could possibly be fixed.

Mrs. Xen_Warrior
08-17-2010, 02:28 PM
You might want to post this in the right format.

Also what exactly happens before the crash occurs? Would be nice to know what goes on so it could possibly be fixed.

Ughhh well lets see you run around and baracade and then the server freezes and starts it's like 30 second countdown and then resets?

Oh and wrong format? Sorry I did type "Reason:" before I put the the REASON.

Christmas
08-17-2010, 03:26 PM
This subform is dedicated to posting maps. To make it easier please follow this format in posting within this thread to ensure that your ideas are heard.

There are 3 types of threads you can make:
[ADD]
[Remove]
[Configure]

To make a thread of each type simply place one of these three at the beginning of your subject including the [].

Next follow this simple format for the post.

Map: map to add, remove or configure (exact name)
Location: Where to dl this map if you are making an add thread
Change: list what you want changed if you are making a configure thread
Reason: Give an explanation as to why we should listen to you

If you are making a thread listing multiple maps just repeat the format in your post.

If you want to make a thread discussing maps DO NOT POST HERE. Please post that in the general thread for this server and then post the actual suggestions here.

Threads will be closed once they are acted upon as in that they are added as a new map, removed, configured or if the request is denied.

Hurr. Saying "omg it's crashing the server" really doesn't explain much. Does it crash consistently? Is it after a certain trigger is fired? The more information you add, the easier it is for ZERO to attend to it.

Trazen4
08-17-2010, 07:24 PM
Okay,literally just a minute or two ago,Salon Moon became the next map and we didn't even get to play on it since it crashed the server during map load.

hallwagner
08-17-2010, 08:33 PM
Okay,literally just a minute or two ago,Salon Moon became the next map and we didn't even get to play on it since it crashed the server during map load.

and apparently it makes gg crash too....

ZERO
08-18-2010, 12:07 AM
It freezes the server this map is the one that has been killing the server. Apparently other maps can do this too but it is the maps that cause the elusive freezing server.

zm_salon_moon removed