PDA

View Full Version : Too many wrongful bans on legit players.

Spasm
08-20-2010, 12:13 PM
I am making this topic because 9 of the last 10 demo's I have watched of "hackers" have all been legit players, hell some of them aren't even good. It's getting a bit ridiculus. Does ibis want only noobs playing on our servers? If you are getting owned by someone, you don't just record a few mins of them playing and take anything suspicious as wall hacking or aim bot or what ever else you guys can come up with.

If I am banned from ibis for hacking when I am a decent player I am going to move on and find another server to play on. The time it takes to get unbanned here is way too long, and we are constantly banning legit players. Hell Fluffy got banned on a regulars word. Do you know how many times I had been accused of hacking by regulars when under a different name??? These good players move on and find a better server. The thing is many of us enjoy playing with some competition and we don't like steamrolling over everyone.

Something needs to be done, I don't want to suggest anything, but guys come on, more ban request threads and less bans please.

Jeimuzu
08-20-2010, 01:55 PM
Wall Hacking is a touchy subject simply because it is usually hard to find. I would suggest creating demos and uploading them here in the ban requests section.

Tickle Me Emo
08-20-2010, 03:52 PM
Wall Hacking is a touchy subject simply because it is usually hard to find. I would suggest creating demos and uploading them here in the ban requests section.

I would +1 this about one million times over. I've seen a lot of threads in Bans where the demo is iffy. Even if it is determined that a player is hacking, if it's not obvious I really don't think the call should be made without demo review, unless a clan member okays it or, in the future when the admin "seniority" system is in place, a senior admin perhaps.

I know people say that this allows a potential hacker to keep playing in the server, but ultimately, I don't think that's much of a price to pay if it's not blatant anyways, and we're not banning legit good players. A lot of the people who I see banned that end up unbanned later are no better than myself, if not worse, and it just makes me wonder what might happen to me if I weren't an admin.

I've been banned from random servers before, and I've always just moved on to a new server - I have no reason to attempt to stay around a server with "noob" admins (as I always think at the time) willing to ban so readily, when I can pick from a huge list of CS servers. This is the mindset of many people who play CS, and is a serious threat to the health and competitiveness of our community.

Spasm
08-20-2010, 04:11 PM
I would +1 this about one million times over. I've seen a lot of threads in Bans where the demo is iffy. Even if it is determined that a player is hacking, if it's not obvious I really don't think the call should be made without demo review, unless a clan member okays it or, in the future when the admin "seniority" system is in place, a senior admin perhaps.

I know people say that this allows a potential hacker to keep playing in the server, but ultimately, I don't think that's much of a price to pay if it's not blatant anyways, and we're not banning legit good players. A lot of the people who I see banned that end up unbanned later are no better than myself, if not worse, and it just makes me wonder what might happen to me if I weren't an admin.

I've been banned from random servers before, and I've always just moved on to a new server - I have no reason to attempt to stay around a server with "noob" admins (as I always think at the time) willing to ban so readily, when I can pick from a huge list of CS servers. This is the mindset of many people who play CS, and is a serious threat to the health and competitiveness of our community.
+1 pretty much my thoughts exactly.

[UA] Mos Def
08-20-2010, 04:15 PM
Good Post Spasm.....I have tried really hard to get over being the boy who cried wolf, and honestly it is hard for me, but I think slowly I am becoming more reasonable and more cognizant of the fact there are just really good players out there and I am not yet one of them (soon my friends, soon)!

I don't think any "iffy," demos should warrant a ban. And actually I would say that there needs to be at least two demos (if it isn't blatant) to even consider a perma ban.

Unfortunately I do think there are players in ibis (and everywhere for the matter) that are very good at toggling and are getting away with hacking. It sucks, but I suppose that is the nature of the game. I have always looked at consistency and I see players winning three games in a row, then the next three going 11-25. I find that to be curious. I understand people have bad rounds, but I don't see players like you spasm or baby, or any of the other top rated players having more than one (Maybe two) bad rounds in a row before you are on top again. I have a few demos of an unmentioned player who consistently gets 5 kills in one round, then doesn't get another kill for 4 rounds, then gets 5 kills in a single round again....I find that fishy and I don't chalk that up to dumb luck.....

At any rate spasm you are right.....The ibis community rocks, lets keep it that way!!:wtg:

XX0wnsXY
08-20-2010, 06:37 PM
Mos Def;82359']
I don't think any "iffy," demos should warrant a ban. And actually I would say that there needs to be at least two demos (if it isn't blatant) to even consider a perma ban.

I have a few demos of an unmentioned player who consistently gets 5 kills in one round, then doesn't get another kill for 4 rounds, then gets 5 kills in a single round again....I find that fishy and I don't chalk that up to dumb luck.....

Actually, I do that quite often. I know you've accused me of hacking before, and your reasoning was exactly that, that I wasn't consistent enough for your liking. Honestly, I think I'm pretty consistent. I almost always have a posititive K/D and the times that I don't, I'm usually pre occupied.

What you call "fishy" just isn't enough to blatantly accuse someone of hacking, which I've seen you do many times. If you truly think someone is hacking then get a demo and post it for review, like I told wagner... but otherwise all you do when you call someone a hacker 20 times in one round is boost their ego.

hallwagner
08-20-2010, 06:49 PM
totally agreed. although i may call some1 a hacker 24/7, they know i'm joking. the only person i've called a hacker and meant it was that hackdraft fuck, who i was pretty certain used no-recoil for 1 or 2 maps. on top wrongful bans being an issue, we need to focus on the aftermath of these admins that dont know what theyre doing. i know for a fact theres at least 5-10 players waiting to be unbanned because some dumbass admin wrongfully thought they were hacking. like ive said before, thats a good way to lose community members/customers w/e. i wouldnt want to wait around to get unbanned for a month just because some retard admin banned me for no reason. its unattractive to players, and makes ibis look like a noob clan. we dont want that

Spasm
08-22-2010, 11:13 AM
Hobo has as much credit as I do. Therefore not respecting him is like disrespecting me. D=

He was doing his job and did exactly what I have done, and what I would have done. It is better to be safe than sorry when it comes to hackers.. But as I've said before, wallhacking is a tricky one. Kavinsky provided a demo for us to kindly share our opinions about, meaning he did nothing wrong either.

Unless it's ZM, it's not that usual that people have 26-0..

I was wrong, ban all you want, don't watch demos, take a regulars word, it's better safer then sorry, send the good players away guys.

mag36
08-24-2010, 11:01 AM
Im starting to think instead of doing perma bans it might be best to only have 3 to 5 day bans.......and that should give us enough time to get evidence to look over and decide....... and if we are all still undecided the ban is up and if really found guilty then we perma them.

I would think of it like getting arrested and having to wait for court appearance. Just there is no bail... Hmm or could there?

Far as controlling all the new admins from banning...... first 3 month admins shouldnt have the power to perma ban people...... and first month admins not have the the power to ban at all.

Higher privedges are earned instead of just given. If possible thats how I would do it

CYBER
08-24-2010, 11:18 AM
Far as controlling all the new admins from banning...... first 3 month admins shouldnt have the power to perma ban people...... and first month admins not have the the power to ban at all.

Higher privedges are earned instead of just given. If possible thats how I would do it

mag , u always have the wisest words:P (if i were a chick i'd be all over u!)
but seriously, admins less than 3 months shouldnt have ban, just kick maybe?
worst case, they can ALWAYS find admins on the server, even at night, whether the admins are hardcore addicted players staying till 5~6 am (like myself), or ppl that are abroad and that happen to be playing during their own daytime" like carina and (rob?) etc...

Spasm
08-24-2010, 12:02 PM
mag , u always have the wisest words:P (if i were a chick i'd be all over u!)
but seriously, admins less than 3 months shouldnt have ban, just kick maybe?
worst case, they can ALWAYS find admins on the server, even at night, whether the admins are hardcore addicted players staying till 5~6 am (like myself), or ppl that are abroad and that happen to be playing during their own daytime" like carina and (rob?) etc...

Well for one case, I am just pointing out taz because I know he has not been playing cs for long. He played cs for like less then a month then got admin. Anyone that has been playing cs for less then a month should not be able to ban period. I would almost suggest some kind of points system and once you wrongfully banned too many you lose the right to ban. I dunno though, I feel like the solution should be fixed from the source, and that is reallly being able to detect hackers.

I also feel that you really need to be pretty good at cs and lots of experience just to be able to actually spot a hacker. I suggested the non perma ban hacker thing in a different thread and I got some negative responses from more senior admins (namely maynard). He pointed out that it hackers need to be banned perma, we just need to be able to spot them better. Which I do agree with him.

Just based on some of the wrongful bans I have seen, a lot of them have come from some guy in the game basically spamming saying this guy is hacking and gathering others to his cause. It seems that most admins here just give in and get some bad demo and ban them. i.e.(http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4636) Hallwagner can be guilty of this, and Kavinskys demo on Fluffy is basically the same thing. He is spamming the admin about fluffy hacking it's about ridiculus. I praise hmd brian for not banning fluffy, because he felt like he wasn't hacking, which was the right call.

Some regulars and admins have the mindset of well they can't be better then me, it has to be hacks. Or they get mad and want to perma ban them, so they take a demo of them and once they find something or anything suspcious they ban them. These bans are complete bullshit, and that is what happened to this guy. (http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4713) He has now been banned for 3 months due to an admin banning him because basically he was getting owned.

I really think unless the hacks are really obvious, like screen jerking and shaking while headshot left and right, basically shooting through objects to own people, you know REAL obvious hacks. I think it should be put in ban requests. The community could then watch the demo and share opinions on whether it was hacks or not.

Nihilist.
08-24-2010, 12:34 PM
The pub is full of wall hacks.

Cec1l walls 100% and it is obvious over time. Fluffy probably walls but it is only obvious in isolated incidences, not over time.

maynard
08-24-2010, 12:55 PM
even if it is determined that a player is hacking, if it's not obvious i really don't think the call should be made without demo review

+1000000

like I said before, admins should stand by there decisions 100%. unless you're 100% the person hacks, don't ban him.

mag , u always have the wisest words:P

not true, he stole my wise words from 2 months ago lol. but as I originally said the TOS should be changed so new admins are on a probation period with limited admin privs, and far harsher punishments for those who buy admin and just fuck around right away.

Fluffy Frufflebottoms
08-24-2010, 01:21 PM
The pub is full of wall hacks.

Cec1l walls 100% and it is obvious over time. Fluffy probably walls but it is only obvious in isolated incidences, not over time.

This notion that Counter-Strike: Source is teeming with cheaters is fairly preposterous and paranoid. There's not a player with translucent textures hiding behind every corner watching you through the walls, and nor is every headshot performed by an aimbot.

I have played this game for a very long time, been part of large communities and functioned as an administrator on many servers, and while Counter-Strike in its current state enjoys a proportion of illegitimate players negligible in comparison to almost any point in its history, some administrators on this server seem to find more cheaters than I ever did on any of the servers on which I held the same role.

To suggest that people are "probably" cheating merely because you cannot produce any evidence to substantiate your impetuous allegations is not only preposterous on its own merits, but it also reflects poorly on the entire community. Particularly when these loosely flung assertions lead to unwarranted exclusions and bad blood between people on either side of the issue.

A very simple solution to this problem exists. If you suspect another player of playing outside the rules, then record a demo, and post it for review. If you find yourself dissatisfied with the outcome of this review, then you can repeat the process until you either produce legitimate evidence, or until you're satisfied that your allegations were unwarranted. Most importantly, during the course of this process, you should keep the offhand accusations and the unnecessary confrontations to yourself. It makes for a much more pleasant experience for everyone involved.

mag36
08-24-2010, 01:26 PM
+1000000

like I said before, admins should stand by there decisions 100%. unless you're 100% the person hacks, don't ban him.

not true, he stole my wise words from 2 months ago lol. but as I originally said the TOS should be changed so new admins are on a probation period with limited admin privs, and far harsher punishments for those who buy admin and just fuck around right away.
Did I maynard I'm sorry I know we talked about solutions before on steam chat. But you know great minds think alike. But we do need to start finalizing ideas. And i think we need a better game server rules. There's so many so call unofficial rules for each server.

maynard
08-24-2010, 02:07 PM
But you know great minds think alike.

:icon_mrgreen::wtg:

Spasm
08-24-2010, 02:47 PM
This notion that Counter-Strike: Source is teeming with cheaters is fairly preposterous and paranoid. There's not a player with translucent textures hiding behind every corner watching you through the walls, and nor is every headshot performed by an aimbot.

I have played this game for a very long time, been part of large communities and functioned as an administrator on many servers, and while Counter-Strike in its current state enjoys a proportion of illegitimate players negligible in comparison to almost any point in its history, some administrators on this server seem to find more cheaters than I ever did on any of the servers on which I held the same role.

To suggest that people are "probably" cheating merely because you cannot produce any evidence to substantiate your impetuous allegations is not only preposterous on its own merits, but it also reflects poorly on the entire community. Particularly when these loosely flung assertions lead to unwarranted exclusions and bad blood between people on either side of the issue.

A very simple solution to this problem exists. If you suspect another player of playing outside the rules, then record a demo, and post it for review. If you find yourself dissatisfied with the outcome of this review, then you can repeat the process until you either produce legitimate evidence, or until you're satisfied that your allegations were unwarranted. Most importantly, during the course of this process, you should keep the offhand accusations and the unnecessary confrontations to yourself. It makes for a much more pleasant experience for everyone involved.

Are you a lawyer or something?

Christmas
08-24-2010, 03:30 PM
Are you a lawyer or something?

Don't be mad you can't articulate sentences like he can.

mastercheff
08-24-2010, 03:49 PM

I'd buy that...um....something for a reasonable price.

Nihilist.
08-24-2010, 03:56 PM
Good god you are a douche bag. I don't give a fuck about "bad blood", "accusations", or any of the rest of your stupid ass straw man post. I think fluffy probably walls, I think Cec1l definitely walls, and a couple of others. Admin's will address it because they know the difference between a good player and waller, or they won't. Whichever they decide, however, they will rationalize it with a bullshit demo that proves nothing because we're talking about walls.

End of Story.

TheLittlestHobo
08-24-2010, 04:06 PM
Well I can kinda hint that this topic is about me...(my first admin abuse?). However, I will be straight up with you folks. It was a ban request that popped up suddenly (within 15 minutes of the post) that I decided to take extra precautions and just react to it. Simply enough, there is an unban section and I trust the members and the owner could review and act accordingly and promptly about it.

I have apologized before for it but I think this topic is a little excessive to post...I feel like its an angry mob with pitchforks ready to pounce whenever anything (and I mean ANYTHING) bad happens. Unless there have been many occurances beforehand that I am not aware of then I take back what I said about how this topic is a little excessive.

Anyways, guys, take care and keep owning, legitimately. :P

XX0wnsXY
08-24-2010, 04:17 PM
Well I can kinda hint that this topic is about me...(my first admin abuse?). However, I will be straight up with you folks. It was a ban request that popped up suddenly (within 15 minutes of the post) that I decided to take extra precautions and just react to it. Simply enough, there is an unban section and I trust the members and the owner could review and act accordingly and promptly about it.

I have apologized before for it but I think this topic is a little excessive to post...I feel like its an angry mob with pitchforks ready to pounce whenever anything (and I mean ANYTHING) bad happens. Unless there have been many occurances beforehand that I am not aware of then I take back what I said about how this topic is a little excessive.

It's not just about you hobo, believe me. There have been a lot of admins lately being too trigger happy. You admitted your mistake and never have had issues before this that I know of, but a lot of admins continually ban players without sufficient evidence.

mag36
08-24-2010, 06:00 PM

Yeah hobo this really has nothing to do with you. There been several issues of the many new admins acting out of hatred or spite, instead of being fair minded about using there ban powers. Used to not be a big deal a year ago but you know as well as I do the community has gotten bigger and bigger and it really needs new rules set in place.

TheLittlestHobo
08-24-2010, 06:42 PM
To Owns and Mag:

You both speak true words. I'll just step out of it now. Thanks. Glad you guys are still my buds.

Jeimuzu
08-24-2010, 06:57 PM
I was wrong, ban all you want, don't watch demos, take a regulars word, it's better safer then sorry, send the good players away guys.

I'll be as polite as I possibly can about this.. You need to take a chill pill. Nor Hobo or I intend to ban anyone without good reason. Kavinsky was a reliable source, someone who you could trust if he said there was a person breaking barricades or team killing. There are many people like this. I believe someone also mentioned that 4-5 people agreed with him on the server.. Let me find the post.

Mos Def;82068']I was in the game where you went 26-1 and there were two admins on both of which I believe got a demo and supposedly were going to post it.......I think one of them was mikey, and I can't remember the other one....Either way I could care less what happens to you, I wasn't the only one who thought you were being shady....I don't know what kavinsky's demo looks like, but again enough people, including admins (after spec'ing and getting demos) saw fit to ban you, so that is enough for me.

Was the demo provided? Let's see my next post..

You guys spam too much.. That needs to stop.

Player should be unbanned.

If it helps, I'll rephrase what I've said.

He was doing his job and did exactly what I have done, and what I would have done. There are some people you can trust to keep an eye out for you.. But as I've said before, wallhacking is a tricky one. Kavinsky has a demo for us to kindly share our opinions about.

^ That is my intended message. Not the "BAN FUCKING EVERYONE CAUSE THEY"RE DOING BETTER THAN MEZ!" impression you may have gotten earlier.

Spasm
08-24-2010, 09:56 PM
I'll be as polite as I possibly can about this.. You need to take a chill pill. Nor Hobo or I intend to ban anyone without good reason. Kavinsky was a reliable source, someone who you could trust if he said there was a person breaking barricades or team killing. There are many people like this. I believe someone also mentioned that 4-5 people agreed with him on the server.. Let me find the post.

Ok first, four or five people did not agree with him, even the admin on at the team refused to ban fluffy. Second: Kavinsky is not a trust worthy person imo, he bitches about everything when he is in game, he gets on my nerves so bad if he wasn't a damn regular I would mute him. Third: Hobo banned him without good reason, what don't you understand about the fact he banned someone without viewing the demo, that is irresponsible. I said it earlier I will say it again because obviously you didn't read my post; you never have been good enough at CS to have idiots (and that includes ibis regulars) claiming you are hacking. Just because four or five regulars says something means absolutely nothing as to what the truth may be. There is a post somewhere where I complained about regulars spotting hacking, like 9 months ago, because they cannot spot jack shit, because guess what, they accused me of aimbot and walls, until they realised it was me. ( I was under the name QQ, and after I won going like 26-3, next map I changed my name back because they went and got an admin to ban me LMAO)

If it helps, I'll rephrase what I've said.

He was doing his job and did exactly what I have done, and what I would have done. There are some people you can trust to keep an eye out for you.. But as I've said before, wallhacking is a tricky one. Kavinsky has a demo for us to kindly share our opinions about.

^ That is my intended message. Not the "BAN FUCKING EVERYONE CAUSE THEY"RE DOING BETTER THAN MEZ!" impression you may have gotten earlier.

I didn't really even make this thread soley because of Hobo, yes hobo had a part in it, but I actually made the thread because of Mikey's bans when he was obviously drinking. I also made it because of Rage's demo of aquat1es or however you spell his name. That ban needs to be removed, terrible ban and guess what James, he got banned because a couple people in the server were basically saying this guy had walls and possibly aimbot, but when you watch the demo, no such evidence is present, and Rage demod him for like 14 rounds. He finally banned him when something fishy happened (which can be not made fishy by radar). brk or whatever is now banned for 3 fucking months because an admin said he was too good at CS and it was time to ban him. I was there, that is what happened. brk was raping faces and one was an admin, that admin had enough and banned.

Oh and I have heard mikey make comments about people being too good and they hack, which is where part of my argument comes from, and the other part is because fluffy went 26-1. Some people here are basing the fact that he hacks soley on his 26-1 performance and that is bullshit.

This is not my server nor am I part of clan. I am part of the community and I believe the way bans have been being handled is not fair to new good players in the community. While I respect that you are clan, I disagree with the way you want to handle banning of potential hackers. This thread is not full of spam, so please don't treat it as such.

Tickle Me Emo
08-24-2010, 10:55 PM
<a bunch of true shit>

I'd like to +1 this entire post, pretty much. I've been banned from probably 20+ servers in my CS career for hacking, and been accused in countless others - like I said before, I have doubts about what would happen to me if I weren't an admin.

I understand new admins not knowing how to handle their power - how can you expect them to know, if they've never been taught? On the other hand, the continued tolerance and lack of care from the leadership is disconcerting. What does it matter if we ban good players for no reason, if they can be unbanned in a couple months? No harm done, right? Wrong. It's harmful to the community in the extreme, and ultimately will lead to the good players leaving out of disgust, if not by being banned.

We need more checks against poor bans. There have been numerous suggestions, most of which are good. Supposedly there is even something in the works in the form of the seniority system, but that's a good while off I should think, seeing as ZERO has limited time and it is tied into a forum upgrade. We need a solution now. Stop hurting the community by turning a blind eye to admins making poor decisions.

StarsMine
08-25-2010, 01:39 AM
James I have respect for both you and Hobo, but Hobo did make a mistake here. Kavinsky recorded a demo to be reviewed for banned, however hobo ignored the demo and went straight to banning. Hobo has apologized as he realized his mistake here.

And like Spasm said a good random will get accused, they should not be accused and banned but put on a need to watch list as there is probably a good chance some of them are hacking, but definitely not most. Like when Spasm was QQ I never accused him but I was suspicious for sure, just beacuase he was unusually good.

Wish I could get 26-1 :/ best I have done was 24-5... Damn glock made me go to 25-9

Jeimuzu
08-26-2010, 07:11 AM
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and their own perspectives. Most of the newer admins, newer players, etc.. Have been banning for the wrong reasons (Hell, even I make mistakes). I agreed with you about wrongful bans in my very first post in this thread.

This is almost the same as when admins were making up their own rules, which I couldn't stand, personally. And if you think I like it when people get banned for the wrong reason, remember that I'm one of the few that goes through all the unban threads lol..

Dana
08-26-2010, 08:56 AM
Don't be mad you can't articulate sentences like he can.

Best part of this thread.

And whoever said that people need to be put on a watch list is entirely correct. Regulars need to take demos rather than yelling out "Hacker". Admins need to actually view demos before banning. Of course, there are sometimes very obvious cheats, like someone coming in with a name hack that changes every second (to avoid being banned) or someone spinning all over the place or zipping across the map. Those people are generally not regulars, though.

Simply put: take a demo* and post on the forums. Get ample responses in favor of banning prior to doing so. Allowing a hacker on the server for a couple more days is a lot better than banning a clean player, when sometimes it seems to take a while to get them unbanned.

* A demo should be at least a full map (or roughly 20-30 minutes). The more evidence you bring, the better.

-=NYS=- C.O.
08-26-2010, 09:24 AM
Why don't you faggots stop crying for once in your lives ! :wtg:

Carina
08-26-2010, 10:49 AM
I also feel that you really need to be pretty good at cs and lots of experience just to be able to actually spot a hacker. I suggested the non perma ban hacker thing in a different thread and I got some negative responses from more senior admins (namely maynard). He pointed out that it hackers need to be banned perma, we just need to be able to spot them better. Which I do agree with him.

I really think unless the hacks are really obvious, like screen jerking and shaking while headshot left and right, basically shooting through objects to own people, you know REAL obvious hacks. I think it should be put in ban requests. The community could then watch the demo and share opinions on whether it was hacks or not.

You dont have to be good at CS just to spot a hacker.. I think I do a pretty good job on spotting a hacker and im definitely not a good CS player..

and I personally never ban a person unless im 110% on that he/she is hacking.. and IF i ban the person its only for MAX 2 days and then i make a "ban request" on the person and then you guys can deside if it needs to be a perma ban insted.. and if i dont ban the person and he/she joins again i go to spec and keep on watching him..

I said it earlier I will say it again because obviously you didn't read my post; you never have been good enough at CS to have idiots (and that includes ibis regulars) claiming you are hacking.

Personal attack?
James is better then I am, and even I have been called a hacker in WCS.. and I actually almost got banned (thanks to BS i didnt)

they accused me of aimbot and walls, until they realised it was me. ( I was under the name QQ, and after I won going like 26-3, next map I changed my name back because they went and got an admin to ban me LMAO)

i remember that.. i laughed my ass off.. very funny shit lol

I'd like to +1 this entire post, pretty much. I've been banned from probably 20+ servers in my CS career for hacking, and been accused in countless others - like I said before, I have doubts about what would happen to me if I weren't an admin.

I understand new admins not knowing how to handle their power - how can you expect them to know, if they've never been taught? On the other hand, the continued tolerance and lack of care from the leadership is disconcerting. What does it matter if we ban good players for no reason, if they can be unbanned in a couple months? No harm done, right? Wrong. It's harmful to the community in the extreme, and ultimately will lead to the good players leaving out of disgust, if not by being banned.

We need more checks against poor bans. There have been numerous suggestions, most of which are good. Supposedly there is even something in the works in the form of the seniority system, but that's a good while off I should think, seeing as ZERO has limited time and it is tied into a forum upgrade. We need a solution now. Stop hurting the community by turning a blind eye to admins making poor decisions.

+1 :wtg::wtg:

Spasm
08-26-2010, 11:47 AM
You dont have to be good at CS just to spot a hacker.. I think I do a pretty good job on spotting a hacker and im definitely not a good CS player..

and I personally never ban a person unless im 110% on that he/she is hacking.. and IF i ban the person its only for MAX 2 days and then i make a "ban request" on the person and then you guys can deside if it needs to be a perma ban insted.. and if i dont ban the person and he/she joins again i go to spec and keep on watching him..

Personal attack?
James is better then I am, and even I have been called a hacker in WCS.. and I actually almost got banned (thanks to BS i didnt)

i remember that.. i laughed my ass off.. very funny shit lol

+1 :wtg::wtg:

I really thank you need to be pretty decent, some bans on wall hackers is really just lack of knowledge of radar, or lack of knowledge of knowing the map, lack of knowledge on sound.

It wasn't a personal attack, the reason why he sees things different because he has never been in our shoes, being accused of hacking when your not. It's funny at the time until you get banned, thats when it is no longer funny and it sucks.

I have used the id QQ over the past year or so randomly, the case where you was on was a different time, that was back before I had admin.

James I do appreciate you going and at least taking the time out of your day to look at the ban requests and bans and admin abuse and what ever else you do.

Hey NYS, don't hate. You need to come into pub and play. Been a while.

-blink-
08-26-2010, 01:00 PM
I think u guys all make powerful points...but really thats y we have a community..we all have to just keep each other in check. Example: If u see somebody ban for stupid reasons y dont u take the time and tell them or suggest that it wasnt worth banning..like i was saying though ultimatly its just going to come down to us keeping one another on the right path..

P.s thats y we have the forums (we need the drama)

Christmas
08-26-2010, 01:24 PM
Why don't you faggots stop crying for once in your lives ! :wtg:

Hey, how about your mom.

DJ_MikeyRevile
08-26-2010, 11:07 PM
hey, how about your mom.

tastes better with pepperoni

Carina
08-27-2010, 02:44 AM
I really thank you need to be pretty decent, some bans on wall hackers is really just lack of knowledge of radar, or lack of knowledge of knowing the map, lack of knowledge on sound.

hmm if i understood that right.. you either just called me a decent player or in a way told me to stop looking for hackers because im not a good CS player so there is no way i can spot a hacker...?

and again.. you dont have to be a good/decent player to know about the radar, or knowing the map and the fact that you easily hear the sounds..
i use radar all the time, i know all the maps and i lissen to the sounds.. and once again i dont consider my self a good/decent player..

-=NYS=- C.O.
08-27-2010, 08:59 AM
Hey, how about your mom.

Shut up you Toastie lover !! :lmao:

Spasm
08-27-2010, 11:02 AM
hmm if i understood that right.. you either just called me a decent player or in a way told me to stop looking for hackers because im not a good CS player so there is no way i can spot a hacker...?

and again.. you dont have to be a good/decent player to know about the radar, or knowing the map and the fact that you easily hear the sounds..
i use radar all the time, i know all the maps and i lissen to the sounds.. and once again i dont consider my self a good/decent player..

Go watch some of those demos of "wall hackers" and everything that is "fishy or suspicious" can be attributed to one of those factors, and carina I think your decent at CS. :)

Carina
08-27-2010, 11:23 AM
Go watch some of those demos of "wall hackers" and everything that is "fishy or suspicious" can be attributed to one of those factors, and carina I think your decent at CS. :)

well i agree with you there.. but that doenst mean you have to be good/decent at CS to see that..

and thanks Spasm.. so sweet <3 :love:

-=NYS=- C.O.
08-27-2010, 02:45 PM
Hey NYS, don't hate. You need to come into pub and play. Been a while.

I'm on a CSS drought. I've been busy with other shit. One thing is certain. I will be back.

ritalin
08-27-2010, 07:44 PM
I'm on a CSS drought. I've been busy with other shit. One thing is certain. I will be back.

I suck the cock.