PDA

View Full Version : Zombie Sucide

Pink
08-29-2010, 12:46 AM
Well I been gone for awhile when I was on the server zmod didnt allow people to use kill now i notice you can. Whats been happening people are killing themselves to deny other players their rightful points. I asked another admin about they said they wasnt sure about it, and i checked the rule the original mod didnt allow people to do that so it seems to be breaking that rule where people exploit the mod. I want to hear from some one who can tell more about this cause its getting old fast people avoiding their own deaths.

StarsMine
08-29-2010, 12:52 AM
wow WB pink glad to see another oldie come back. as for the answer to your question idk

Clone
08-29-2010, 12:52 AM
i thought you died and went to CSS Heaven....

The updates to the servers must have changed settings to allow nubs to kill themselves...

Clone

hallwagner
08-29-2010, 12:54 AM
Well I been gone for awhile when I was on the server zmod didnt allow people to use kill now i notice you can. Whats been happening people are killing themselves to deny other players their rightful points. I asked another admin about they said they wasnt sure about it, and i checked the rule the original mod didnt allow people to do that so it seems to be breaking that rule where people exploit the mod. I want to hear from some one who can tell more about this cause its getting old fast people avoiding their own deaths.

from what ive seen is only zombies can kill themselves only after a certain time of being a zombie. ive done it a few times as a human, but only after a round ends (to be humorous)

DJ_MikeyRevile
08-29-2010, 12:54 AM

i have not played zm in a great while but i can see how this could be a problem. it is good you are addressing it on the forums.

the only issue i see with enforcing this rules is similar to trying to enforce !zteleing. an admin dosnt really know some one is breaking the rule unless they witness it. Assuming they dont just take players word for it.

ya know?

but deff somthing i think should be taken into consideration.

edit: you cant saly your self then rejoin the server and !zspawn can you?
ill try this and report back to this thread

ZERO
08-29-2010, 06:16 PM
I can tell you that if you die and it was from yourself you lose a lot more rank than if someone killed you.

Pink
08-30-2010, 01:42 PM
I can tell you that if you die and it was from yourself you lose a lot more rank than if someone killed you.

But the player that would of killed you still gets no points, right?

TheLittlestHobo
08-30-2010, 05:08 PM
Seems so, Pink. Either way it isn't good for both parties, especially the one that is committing suicide (if he/she is aware/careful of ranks)

Kavinsky
09-06-2010, 12:16 PM
Zero theres no point in the rank system anymore anyways with the new system and zombies so I'd rather give them the official fuck you of commiting Seppuku right in front of them instead of giving them a kill.

acolyte_to_jippity
09-06-2010, 12:58 PM
Zero theres no point in the rank system anymore anyways with the new system and zombies so I'd rather give them the official fuck you of commiting Seppuku right in front of them instead of giving them a kill.

well you're a whiney bitch about everything else, so this does not surprise me.

Kavinsky
09-06-2010, 11:51 PM
and your a dick who sideswipes me at every turn on here, so go fuck yourself.

Fish
09-14-2010, 03:52 PM
Killing yourself to keep someone from getting a kill is pretty homo. Kinda like accepting a knife fight with someone on knife lvl on GG and running away so you both lose levels.

Fish
09-14-2010, 03:55 PM
See, we can be friends. :icon_mrgreen:

AWWWWWWWWWWWWw, you deleted your post.

Trazen4
09-21-2010, 06:23 AM
I've been playing on ZMOD for nearly a year,and I've seen this once,and that was BEFORE the big update.

CYBER
09-27-2010, 02:38 PM
Killing yourself to keep someone from getting a kill is pretty homo. Kinda like accepting a knife fight with someone on knife lvl on GG and running away so you both lose levels.

actually , only T side player loses a level. bcos i think it counts as if the T didnt plant the bomb sucessfully (bcos thats the main winning idea of some maps)

so when a T runs, i usually dnt care, bcos its his loss.. (i freeze tho)
but when a CT runs, then he is asking for it :P

acolyte_to_jippity
09-27-2010, 02:44 PM
I've been playing on ZMOD for nearly a year,and I've seen this once,and that was BEFORE the big update.

more often you see ct's kill themself before getting tagged

TheGrapist
10-11-2010, 12:54 PM
I've been getting bans for doing this...so I'd like to know should i really be banned>?
and the new update allowed the "explode" command,thats what i use.

mag36
10-11-2010, 04:27 PM
I've been getting bans for doing this...so I'd like to know should i really be banned>?
and the new update allowed the "explode" command,thats what i use.

If your doing it when theres only one or 2 zombies to end the game just cause you dont want to be one.......Then yeah Id ban you will ruin that game that way.... and other people will do the same. I Strongly suggest not killing yourself unless theres plenty of other zombies

hallwagner
10-11-2010, 05:19 PM
If your doing it when theres only one or 2 zombies to end the game just cause you dont want to be one.......Then yeah Id ban you will ruin that game that way.... and other people will do the same. I Strongly suggest not killing yourself unless theres plenty of other zombies

no, hes talking about suiciding as a human to avoid getting tagged

mag36
10-11-2010, 09:55 PM
in that case its just hurting your rank more, I dont see how it matters too much

TheGrapist
10-11-2010, 10:47 PM
so is it possible for my ban to be reversed ?

mag36
10-12-2010, 12:28 AM
maybe who banned you and why and do you know how long ? If the ban was excessive and we get the go ahead. Then yeah i dont see why not

Hmmm alex mamaroneck banned you.
If you want to be unbanned post in the unban me section and follow the format as best as possible

******************Unban Format****************

In the Title section -> Username Date(of ban) Time(of ban)

In the Message section ->

Name in Game:
Steam-ID:
Who banned you:
When:
Where:
Why banned:

Other/Reason to unban:

hallwagner
10-12-2010, 02:17 AM
maybe who banned you and why and do you know how long ? If the ban was excessive and we get the go ahead. Then yeah i dont see why not

Hmmm Alex Murdock banned you.
If you want to be unbanned post in the unban me section and follow the format as best as possible

who in the fuck is alex murdock?

mag36
10-12-2010, 08:34 AM
who in the fuck is alex murdock?
my bad ment to say alex_mamaroneck. was extremely tired and went to bed shortly after.:chillpill:

hallwagner
10-12-2010, 09:07 AM
my bad ment to say alex_mamaroneck. was extremely tired and went to bed shortly after.:chillpill:

lol :p

acolyte_to_jippity
10-12-2010, 10:13 AM
lol :p

i have a friend named Alex Murdoch...

so i was incredibly confused by this

Sinsanity
08-22-2011, 10:44 AM
To piggy back on this subject. Are administration allowed to use the kill command in order to spectate an individual(s) to see if they are not breaking the rules? Or is there a better way to do this since I can't go spectator while in game

acolyte_to_jippity
08-22-2011, 10:46 AM
To piggy back on this subject. Are administration allowed to use the kill command in order to spectate an individual(s) to see if they are not breaking the rules? Or is there a better way to do this since I can't go spectator while in game

use the admin menu...

Sinsanity
08-22-2011, 10:53 AM

Rezel
08-24-2011, 02:06 PM
Sin, Stop bringing up old topics.....

10-12-2010,

if you have a question put it in a new topic.