PDA

View Full Version : Floating Bodies

Mrs. Xen_Warrior
08-29-2010, 10:34 PM
I'm sure a thread has been made about this before but the way that the bodies disolve needs to go, if you have two people standing in front of you and you shoot and kill one and then switch guns and go to shoot the other one the disolving dead body absorbs the bullets and you don't do any damage. On top of the fact that you can't see through it so it makes it really hard to aim.

hmdbrian
08-29-2010, 10:47 PM
100 percent agreed. This has got to go, its just one of them things that dont need to be in here, much like gore mod, i think that should also go. Its cool in zmod but not needed in a gg server in my opinion.

hallwagner
08-29-2010, 10:48 PM
+1 :wtg: its sooo distracting

acolyte_to_jippity
08-29-2010, 11:14 PM
...since the piece of shit gore mod was put on, i don't get floating bodies. just gibs.

Kavinsky
08-30-2010, 04:21 AM
Then your one of the few who gets that jippy, so lets see this needs to go and be replaced or reverted back to normal ragdolls or no ragdolls, no reserve slot, no gore mod, 2 kills with 1 gun equals 2 kills and levels and the next map plug in is broken, needs to be fixed along with the demo upload ability to the forums

and knowing zero and his aptness to listen to his community it'll be when pigs fly when he listens to us about this and the same applies to the idea of getting good old zm back too.

Trazen4
08-30-2010, 06:40 AM
I agree,it's pointless and as Hallwagner said it's distracting.

StarsMine
08-30-2010, 12:59 PM
Then your one of the few who gets that jippy, so lets see this needs to go and be replaced or reverted back to normal ragdolls or no ragdolls, no reserve slot, no gore mod, 2 kills with 1 gun equals 2 kills and levels and the next map plug in is broken, needs to be fixed along with the demo upload ability to the forums

and knowing zero and his aptness to listen to his community it'll be when pigs fly when he listens to us about this and the same applies to the idea of getting good old zm back too.

Because most of those problems are minor annoyances, he has other things on his plate like getting WCS to work again after being broke... again.

Christmas
08-30-2010, 01:38 PM
Because most of those problems are minor annoyances, he has other things on his plate like getting WCS to work again after being broke... again.

Then he should delegate the work to other clan members.

Perry
08-30-2010, 02:28 PM
or just drop WCS for now and get the two working servers up to par....

hallwagner
08-30-2010, 03:07 PM
or just drop WCS for now and get the two working servers up to par....

+1 lets work on the servers that arent a gay, lame ass excuse for a mod

Perry
08-30-2010, 06:40 PM
+1 lets work on the servers that arent a gay, lame ass excuse for a mod

no its just I would prefer to have 2 really well made good working servers than 3 half assed ones.

hallwagner
08-30-2010, 07:12 PM
no its just I would prefer to have 2 really well made good working servers than 3 half assed ones.

exactly, wcs is not worth fixing

acolyte_to_jippity
08-30-2010, 08:07 PM
exactly, wcs is not worth fixing

fucking die hall

hallwagner
08-30-2010, 08:33 PM
fucking die hall

hahaha

Kavinsky
09-04-2010, 07:39 AM
minor annoyances BUILD UP INTO BIG ONES pal and theres alot of them at ibis right now

especally in gg, all of which I've listed here

1. Gore mod needs to be removed and has no place in gg to begin with and would greatly improve the stability of gg if it was removed and zero any argument to the contrary is stupid and invalid, just for GOD DAMN ONCE listen to your fucking fan base zero.

2. afk kicker in spec needs to be disabled so we can actually spec people for more that 2 minutes when getting a demo of them

3. the reserved slot needs to be removed so the server can actually reach 21/21 and stay at it and so people can use the built in autojoin feature to get in, instead of haivng to watch the fucking game like a hawk for it to go back down to 19 and so when were taking demos we dont get kicked for them.

4. disolving floating bodies need to be removed and set back to there normal ragdolls, which they already have mix in with the floating ones since there absorbing damage AND blocking everyones view.

A Baby
09-04-2010, 05:38 PM
minor annoyances BUILD UP INTO BIG ONES pal and theres alot of them at ibis right now

3. the reserved slot needs to be removed so the server can actually reach 21/21 and stay at it and so people can use the built in autojoin feature to get in, instead of haivng to watch the fucking game like a hawk for it to go back down to 19 and so when were taking demos we dont get kicked for them.

Sadly, if you have a reserve slot -- when the server is full -- you can't get in. He would need to allow it to have 20/21 in the server with one reserve slot kicking people getting in; or else people paying for reserve slots have no reason giving their money away.

acolyte_to_jippity
09-04-2010, 06:03 PM
Sadly, if you have a reserve slot -- when the server is full -- you can't get in. He would need to allow it to have 20/21 in the server with one reserve slot kicking people getting in; or else people paying for reserve slots have no reason giving their money away.

HE DOES!! FOR FUCKS SAKE PEOPLE!

the final slot is an auto-kick spot. reserved slot privileges simply protect you from getting auto-kicked while in that spot, thus it kicks someone else

A Baby
09-05-2010, 05:01 PM
HE DOES!! FOR FUCKS SAKE PEOPLE!

the final slot is an auto-kick spot. reserved slot privileges simply protect you from getting auto-kicked while in that spot, thus it kicks someone else

Acolyte, re-read my post...

I am explaining that at the moment it's 19/21 -- there are TWO auto-kick reserve slots.

I was just saying that he would need to make it 20/21 for a fuller server so reserve slot players could get in... This is all based on what Kavinksy wrote -- so look above and read his post to understand what I was meaning by everything.

acolyte_to_jippity
09-05-2010, 06:26 PM
Acolyte, re-read my post...

I am explaining that at the moment it's 19/21 -- there are TWO auto-kick reserve slots.

I was just saying that he would need to make it 20/21 for a fuller server so reserve slot players could get in... This is all based on what Kavinksy wrote -- so look above and read his post to understand what I was meaning by everything.

seriously? i've never noticed it being 19. of course i always join when there's 20, and i just assume it kicks a single person.

Tatteezlee
09-05-2010, 07:46 PM
100 percent agreed. This has got to go, its just one of them things that dont need to be in here, much like gore mod, i think that should also go. Its cool in zmod but not needed in a gg server in my opinion.

ya i dont like it either.

Kavinsky
09-07-2010, 12:13 AM
Two? I thought it was one.

acolyte_to_jippity
09-07-2010, 11:17 AM
Two? I thought it was one.

what?
reserved slots you mean?

A Baby
09-07-2010, 12:06 PM
what?
reserved slots you mean?

I remember when I didn't have a reserve slot, I would have to wait until 19/21 to get in... so I am inferring that there are two reserve slots.

acolyte_to_jippity
09-07-2010, 12:59 PM
I remember when I didn't have a reserve slot, I would have to wait until 19/21 to get in... so I am inferring that there are two reserve slots.

nonono. it's not 2.

you just can't get in when they're 20/21. because you get kicked. there's only one reserved slot

Tickle Me Emo
09-07-2010, 02:27 PM
nonono. it's not 2.

you just can't get in when they're 20/21. because you get kicked. there's only one reserved slot

I am facepalming right now.

This is really not hard to understand. In case Aco didn't make it clear enough, I'll give it a whirl: It's a "20-slot" server with a 21st slot that's always kept empty so that reserved slot people can connect rather than the game automatically telling them the server is full. If you don't have a reserved slot, guess what? You don't get to fucking connect at 20/21.

Not rocket science.