PDA

View Full Version : Rates

Fluffy Frufflebottoms
09-01-2010, 02:00 PM
Gentlemen,

I have been playing terribly bad on the IBIS GunGame server, and only the IBIS GunGame server, and it has been causing great distress to me and my wife, whom I beat when I am faced with frustrating circumstances. Upon investigation, I discovered that I face choke upwards of 60 in the heat of battle. I usually play with a cmdrate and an updaterate of 100, and a rate of 35000, however no combination of rates have yielded more favourable conditions.

Is anyone else cursed with similar misfortune?

acolyte_to_jippity
09-01-2010, 02:05 PM
Gentlemen,

I have been playing terribly bad on the IBIS GunGame server, and only the IBIS GunGame server, and it has been causing great distress to me and my wife, whom I beat when I am faced with frustrating circumstances. Upon investigation, I discovered that I face choke upwards of 60 in the heat of battle. I usually play with a cmdrate and an updaterate of 100, and a rate of 35000, however no combination of rates have yielded more favourable conditions.

rate 30000
cmdrate 100
updaterate 101 i believe

make sure your comp isn't on powersave mode too

hallwagner
09-01-2010, 02:07 PM
Gentlemen,

rates are: cmd_rate 101, cl_updaterate 101, and rate 30000. idk if that is terribly different from the ones you are using. worth a try

StarsMine
09-01-2010, 03:27 PM
cmd_rate is 100 hall.

anyways choke is serverside so...fluffy you cant fix that...

Fluffy Frufflebottoms
09-01-2010, 03:36 PM
cmd_rate is 100 hall.

Choke can also be a result of mismatched rates between the server and the client. I had thought that more people would've spoken up about 50 choke on the server. D:

Perry
09-01-2010, 03:41 PM
maybe this is why people thought you were hacking? cuz your rates teh fucked?

Fluffy Frufflebottoms
09-01-2010, 03:49 PM
maybe this is why people thought you were hacking? cuz your rates teh fucked?

Surely not if my rates are identical to those of the respondents in this thread.

hallwagner
09-01-2010, 03:49 PM
cmd_rate is 100 hall.

close enough :P my cmd_rate is 101 and ive had no problems :D

ZERO
09-01-2010, 04:36 PM
You never stated your fps during these times... 99.9% of all choke >5 is on client side. The only times that the server can cause choke is when the server fps drops below tick rate. This rarely happens other than at the very stat of maps when the server is loading resources and or spamming nades. I measure the fps of the server constantly every few seconds, in the last 24 hours for example the server has averages 473fps which is way above the 100 needed to provide constant 100tick calculations. Note that my calculations have shown the largest impact on server fps (and thus server side lag) across all the servers is the maps.

Fluffy Frufflebottoms
09-01-2010, 05:06 PM
You never stated your fps during these times... 99.9% of all choke >5 is on client side. The only times that the server can cause choke is when the server fps drops below tick rate. This rarely happens other than at the very stat of maps when the server is loading resources and or spamming nades. I measure the fps of the server constantly every few seconds, in the last 24 hours for example the server has averages 473fps which is way above the 100 needed to provide constant 100tick calculations. Note that my calculations have shown the largest impact on server fps (and thus server side lag) across all the servers is the maps.

Well, if client framerate was the issue, then I would assume that the problem would present itself across most other servers with similar mods. My FPS is significantly higher than the tick rate both in and out of combat.

acolyte_to_jippity
09-01-2010, 05:20 PM
Well, if client framerate was the issue, then I would assume that the problem would present itself across most other servers with similar mods. My FPS is significantly higher than the tick rate both in and out of combat.

where do you live, and what's your connection speed/type?

XX0wnsXY
09-01-2010, 05:50 PM
where do you live, and what's your connection speed/type?

who is your daddy, and what does he do?

Fluffy Frufflebottoms
09-01-2010, 06:05 PM
who is your daddy, and what does he do?

I'm a cop, you idiot!

As for location and connection, those seem to be ruled out by the server-specific nature of the problem.

DeadEyeDeNNi$
09-01-2010, 06:07 PM
If u are experiencing bad FPS and lag, chances are that your video card is not quite up to snuff. I'd recommend u drop ur rate to 20000 + see how that works as it's the default of most servers.. If u don't have better than the latest + greatest SLI/Crossfire or close then you need to drop your rate to 20000 or even 15000.

GDLK

DED

acolyte_to_jippity
09-01-2010, 06:22 PM
I'm a cop, you idiot!

As for location and connection, those seem to be ruled out by the server-specific nature of the problem.

...unless you're connecting to IBIS from farther away. duh.

Fluffy Frufflebottoms
09-01-2010, 07:51 PM
...unless you're connecting to IBIS from farther away. duh.

Well, that's common sense. Apologies for assuming the obvious inferences. My ping is a steady 30-40 on the server. My connection is not the issue.

A Baby
09-02-2010, 05:55 PM
Fluffy, since most of the people here decided to criticize your computer and internet connection, I'll give a run-down of everything.

First off, it's the server for choke; I know this because of everything I have set, and my computer specifications.

Rates/FPS rundown:

cl_cmdrate 100
cl_updaterate 101
rate 30000
fps_max 101.

The largest smooth-game you can really get at the moment are 20 man servers at 100 Tic-Rate that are FPS-Boosted to 2000 server side fps (which is the max server fps available). Anything higher than that just demands too much on today’s hardware/bandwidth limitations and you will get choke.

I don't know what the server may be at, but there is a lot of obligation on the server; so I really don't think it's holding up. I have everything set perfectly, FPS stays at 101, internet connection has no issues, and no contentions with how my computer is in-taking information.

Either way, if everything you have is set to what I stated above, there should be no problems; although I still have choke -- which infers that it's server side.