PDA

View Full Version : Protip!

mkII
08-06-2008, 11:03 PM
So I've been reading threads on this website and I have to say that for the most part, the spelling/grammar here is atrocious. Here are a few common mistakes:

There
Their
They're

You're
Your

Its
It's

a lot (not 1 word)

Yes, some may argue that it's just not worth it to use grammar here, and I'll admit I don't always use my 's but at the very least learn to use their, they're and there correctly.

(I'm sure that there are many other words that are messed up but these ones annoy me the most)

+Project.S+
08-06-2008, 11:31 PM
Don't come on the forums?

However much you might of been trying to help, it was a pointless thread.

dublin
08-07-2008, 12:45 AM
recommend fire fox xD it spell checks everything.

wickedtribe
08-07-2008, 08:16 AM
1 D0n7 F331 L1K3 Sp331 Ch33k1ng 3v3ry7h1ng 1 p0s7 0n a f0ru/\/\

D-Monic
08-07-2008, 05:27 PM
r u serious?? :stupid:

do you teach grammar or something?

mkII
08-08-2008, 06:54 PM
Don't come on the forums?

However much you might of been trying to help, it was a pointless thread.

Well it accomplished something. You actually used the English language correctly rather than eating it up and shitting it out onto these forums.

Your post was quite pointless though.

And I might add, these are some of the most basic rules of the English language. If learning to write better than a 6 year-old is a task you deem pointless then by all means just forget it.

+Project.S+
08-08-2008, 07:38 PM
I don't need to be told to write properly I do it if I want. I'm pretty sure that goes for most people too.

-=NYS=- C.O.
08-08-2008, 07:55 PM
This is not an English Grammar Forum. Take that shit somewhere else. Wow what a meathead.

ManBearPig <ibis>
08-09-2008, 08:26 PM
1 D0n7 F331 L1K3 Sp331 Ch33k1ng 3v3ry7h1ng 1 p0s7 0n a f0ru/\/\

Rofl at this ^^^.

mkII you need to get the fuck over it. People can spell however the fuck they want as long as its legible.

Steamer
08-11-2008, 07:21 AM
Ahhh.... iz their sometin wrong wit the wayz i types? i guess your not gonna like it, theirs alot of mistakes. its pretty bad IMO.

mkII
08-11-2008, 03:09 PM
You all seem to be missing my point.
It's not about "I'll type how I want," it's about knowing the most fucking basic words in our language and how to use them correctly. I don't care about people using 1337 speak or "ur" to say "your" or "you're", etc. It's the idiots who fail so horribly at using these words when they honestly don't even know how.
I seem to have hit a soft spot for half the forums with this post judging by all the dim-witted responses. This is the "Discussions" forum and I am discussing a topic.

Awaiting another failed attempt at a flame/another response like steamer's.

Fish
08-11-2008, 03:55 PM
Almost every forum I go to has grammar nazis. Yes, I do understand the difference between their, they're, and there. However, sometimes I type too fast and use the wrong one. However, most of the time people can connect the dots and the point gets across.

I hvae a felinig you can raed tihs snice the huamn brian lokos at the frist and lsat lteters of wrods isntaed of the wohle thnig.

+Project.S+
08-11-2008, 04:21 PM
Why discuss a topic no one gives a fuck about?

Reply to threads, please don't make useless ones.

mkII
08-11-2008, 04:29 PM
Almost every forum I go to has grammar nazis. Yes, I do understand the difference between their, they're, and there. However, sometimes I type too fast and use the wrong one. However, most of the time people can connect the dots and the point gets across.

I hvae a felinig you can raed tihs snice the huamn brian lokos at the frist and lsat lteters of wrods isntaed of the wohle thnig.

Yes, but I can tell the difference between the ones who genuinely don't know the difference and those who do. Honestly is it really that hard to type the correct "there"? I mean, they are both 5 letters (not including they're)

Project.s seems to have taken a strong stance against using correct wording/grammar and thus contributed to the discussion. We are carrying out a strong argument for and against using simple grammar/wording. I would say this has turned out great.

I hold nothing against anyone who posted here either way though. Have a nice day, especially you project.:wtg:

Steamer
08-11-2008, 06:19 PM
LOL, this is to funny. If you can read it does it really matter? There is no need to spell everything correctly or check it on a forum. This isn't college. There really is no point in all this. If I wanted to spell or use grammar correctly I would do so.

mkII
08-11-2008, 07:20 PM
LOL, this is to funny. If you can read it does it really matter? There is no need to spell everything correctly or check it on a forum. This isn't college. There really is no point in all this. If I wanted to spell or use grammar correctly I would do so.

Reread my last post friend. I like that you think understanding how to use those words is something to be taught in college though.

Steamer
08-11-2008, 10:13 PM
I never said they are tought in college, reread my post. I simply implied that this is not college. Typing skills or grammar does not apply here as they do in school or at work (depeding on your job position). It is not something that is needed on any forums. You are making your own assumptions based upon people's (and my) general statements.

D-Monic
08-13-2008, 04:04 PM
who gives a fuck :stupid:

http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=8123
post your grammar complaints here im sure they give a fuck

The.Beast.13.
08-14-2008, 10:12 AM
who gives a fuck :stupid:

http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=8123
post your grammar complaints here im sure they give a fuck

"I agree with Maeron.
The Grammar forum is not being used as well as the Vocab forum. This is frustrating because I have Grammar-related questions, so I post my questions there, even though the vast majority of people are in the other forum (ironically, where my question would be much more likely to be answered). This is very frustrating. "

AHAHAHAHA...How frustrating is that....Funny shit

Peace

The.Beast.13.
08-14-2008, 03:42 PM
lol...here his a great prog for grammar!!

Peace

Steamer
08-14-2008, 03:58 PM
LMAO @ whats written under WORD

ZERO
08-14-2008, 04:03 PM

Peace

ROFL :lmao::lmao::lmao:

But seriously it comes down to time. I am not going out of the way for " ' " because it is just a pain. I have a lot to do and for forums the conversation is informal. This however will not stop me from saying that people who do not like to use the correct phrasing should at least try. You should at minimum be able to understand what the person is trying to say. Also it should be noted that in a casual discussion on a forum the actual words are a replacement for real conversation. So to convey things properly incomplete sentences are required. Commas, Periods, Capital letters, are all used in this form of conversation as a means to help convey the way that the writer would have spoken the words. Pauses...

are sometimes used too as a means of showing a separation of thought from the macro idea being expressed onto a new micro topic that needs emphasis. Just like how someone speaking would pause or change tones to convey a change in direction or to sound importance to the next section of their thoughts. But realistically it would be nice if a grammar checker was included with spell check.

The.Beast.13.
08-14-2008, 04:05 PM
LMAO @ whats written under WORD

Click on the thumbnails

Peace

Steamer
08-14-2008, 05:25 PM
I know lol, thats what i was laughing at.

D-Monic
08-14-2008, 06:29 PM

Peace

lmfao letterz n shit yo thats some straight up genius shit