III. Spamming

1) Yelling into a mic repeatedly to disrupt game play
2) The use of HLSS
A) Can be used with permission from admin or if players are requesting it
B) Should not be overused or used for long durations

3) Advertising for another server or clan
A) Preformed by saying: Join here xx.xxx.xx.x.x
B) Such as come to XXX join my clan
C) Getting people to join player groups can be done via steam. Do not wast chat space for this sort of thing

4) Just typing a bunch of stuff to spam the chat

5) The malicious spread of dissidence in order to rally support for a competing entity.
A) Not to be confused with crying about the server
B) Not to be confused with crying about the community
C) Malicious intent must be proven
D) Note: Complaints about the servers are encouraged however this rule is intended to prevent the abuse of complaints in order to form as a marketing statement for other servers.

IV. Teleport

1) When used to escape from zombies as a human
A) Commands such as but not limited to
a) !stuck
b) !ztele
c) !teleport

2) When used repeatedly despite multiple kicks

V. Glitching

1) Taking advantage of the shortcomings of a map
A) Using methods not intended by the map creator to gain an advantage where it is 99%+ impossible for zombies to get you
B) Camping in areas that you can only get to by exploiting a map or using special zombie powers to get to the end of an escape map
a) Prenuking or camping on the platform on atix

2) Taking advantage of the shortcomings of valve
A) Rate hacking
a) The use of rate settings to spoof a abnormal ping to not get kicked
b) The use of rate settings to gain an unfair net code advantage
i) This is seen when a player lags heavily but has a low ping or strange interp settings

B) Name hacking
a) When used to create an identical name
i) This is automatically applied to people using the name unconnected. They are copying each others names and should be stopped even if there is only one.

b) When used to create and invisible name
c) When used to create the name of an admin or clan member

3) Taking advantage of a mod
A) When used to break the normal functionality of the game
a) Such as wards or poison smoke being used on bombs and hostages

VI. Ghosting

1) When used ingame from same residence
A) When two or more people communicate verbally or via any other means the location and or whereabouts of enemies on a given map

2) When used via Vent ect...

A) When two or more players use a program outside of the game to communicate the location and or whereabouts of enemies on a given map

VII. Respect

1) Players that disrespect others
2) Player continuously nags others and continues despite reasonable requests to silence including mutes and kicks
3) Players that disrespect Admins or <ibis>

A) Player that nags an admin repeatedly despite being told to :chillpill:
B) Player that is not respectful of someone of a higher position
C) Flipping out at an admin after being told to :chillpill:
a) Cursing
b) Screaming into mic
c) Ranting about how the admin, ect is gay ect.

VIII. Sprays

1) A spray that contains "gay" images
A) Gay men or body parts

2) Disgusting images
A) Things that look really bad
a) includes BBW images designed to shock players

3) A spray that is sprayed after the user has been warned multiple times.

IX. Give

1) When used to avoid reloading
A) This refers to the !give command

2) When used after being warned
3) When used repeatedly on multiple occasions

4) When repeatedly used to obtain restricted weapons
A) This refers to ADMINs

5) When used to give money or levels or a means to obtain easy levels on WCS

X. Buy

1) When used to obtain a restricted weapon
A) Via console
B) Via buy menu
a) When used during a failure of the restriction system after an admin has stated to cease use of said object and the user continues despite being reasonably informed
b) When used to buy an object after said object has been dropped on the map
i) The object was dropped by another player to allow for this exploit
ii) The object was dropped as a result of a players death

XI. Names

1) No player shall use a name made to look like another players
2) No admin shall ever use unnamed or unconnected

XII. Spec/Retry
1) No player shall enter spectate to avoid death.
2) No player shall reconnect or leave the server and come back to avoid death.
3) No player shall reconnect or leave the server and come back to play again in the same round.
4) Above applies to all servers for all players, should not be confused with allowing zombies to teleport to avoid death.

XIII. Team Killing/Shooting
1) When Team Killing is preformed intentionally

A) For the purpose of disrupting the server
B) For greafing / harassing another player
C) As retaliation for another player breaking the rules

a) When the player has been banned for this multiple times

2) When Team Shooting is preformed intentionally

A) For the purpose of disrupting the server

a) When the player has been banned for this once previously

B) For greafing / harassing another player

a) When the player has been banned for this once previously

C) As retaliation for another player breaking the rules

a) When the player has been banned for this multiple times

-PUNISHMENT

I. Kicks

Should be given out to players to break the rules and disrupt the game. A verbal and admin say warring should be given out in advanced of a kick.
1) If players fail to respond within a reasonable time frame they should be kicked for violation of any of the following

II.2
III
III.1
IV
IV.2
V
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII.2

2) The following can be upgraded directly to a "short" temp ban with the discretion of the ADMIN. Remember that the player should still be warned before any ban or kick is issued.
II.2
III.1
IV.2
V
X
XI
XII
XIII.2

II. Temp bans

Should be given out to players who have a thick skull and need to be taught a lesson. Should not be given for longer than 7 days, this is the maximum unless the user has a history of problems.
1) Violation of any of the following gets instant temp ban
III.5 -With demo of proof
IV.2
V.2.B.a
VII.2
VII.3.C
VIII.3
XIII.1.C
XIII.2.A,B,C.a

2) Violation of any of the following after the player has been kicked (or the rules bypass are met) for preforming said violation. Note that instant bypasses should not be longer than an hour or so. Also remember that the player should have been clearly warned before the issue of said ban.
II.2
III
IV.2
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII

III. Perma bans

This is the highest punishment a player can receive. It can only be granted by a relatively small number of Upper Level Admins. Perma bans usually require a demo but always require that the player in question, beyond a reasonable doubt, committed an offense against the server and or community. Like any ban these can be applied but require a 2/3 majority vote from ALL upper level admins. If the ban appeal is denied it can NEVER be made again.
1) Violation of the following can result in perma ban without a demo. As long as there is substantial witnesses and physical log evidence
I.1
I.3
II.1
V.2.B.c
IX.3

2) Violation of the following when proved by demo
I
II
III.5 -Must have received an approved temp ban first
V.2.A
V.2.B.c
XIII.1.A
XIII.1.B
XIII.1.C.a

-REFERENCE

I. How rules are referenced

Rules are referenced according to their number and letter. When referring to a given rule any sub sections to the number referenced are considered part of the object being discussed. Below are examples
V.2.A.a -Refers only to section a of A of 2 of rule V. any any subsections

V.2.A.b.i -Refers only to section i of the sections above it

II. Understanding bypasses

Some rules allow for bypasses, this means that under some circumstances one type of punishment can be bypassed and a more sever one can be issued. For example violations of some rules may allow admins to skip a kick and go to a predesignated ban length instead. Another example would be bypassing a mute for a kick. Punishments that can be bypassed have a section stating what rule violations allow for bypasses. It is up to an admin to decide if they want to skip to a more severe punishment. Think of bypasses as an "or" statement for admins, when a user breaks a given rule they can punish with "this" or if it is on the bypass list they can punish with "something more severe"

III. Revisions
The rules are never totally set in stone, there are always people finding new unimaginable ways to ruin peoples fun. In addition sometimes it is necessary to spell out in stone some things that are highly contested to make it dead clear. Revisions will follow a X.x format and X will always change the version after x=9. x also starts at 0 and X starts at 1. The current revision is listed at the top of the post on the right hand corner and in the topic title.

ZERO
08-08-2008, 01:27 AM
Ok so as you see I have made an entire official rules list for all servers and a simple punishment system to follow for enforcing them. These rules are dynamic and should and can be discussed here as well as the punishment system. Also if you see any errors please post so that they can be corrected. I hope that this topic will help out players and admins alike by making everything as clear as possible while still having rules broad enough to allow for unknowns to be accounted for.

Envy
08-08-2008, 07:51 AM
[/INDENT][/INDENT]II. Understanding bypasses

Some rules allow for bypasses, this means that under some circumstances one type of punishment can be bypassed and a more severe one can be issued...

so severe instead of server. sorry for nit picking

The.Beast.13.
08-08-2008, 10:53 AM
Great job...:wtg:

Peace

The.Beast.13.
08-08-2008, 10:59 AM
[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]VIII. Sprays
[INDENT]1) A spray that contains "gay" images[INDENT]A) Gay men or body parts

Lol....lesbians are cool???? DISCRIMINATION!!!! lol...Lesbians are all my friends...btw, in college, my neighboors were a couple of lesians....wahhh...i spent my nights at the laundry trying to get in their "clan" lol...anyway...that s another story!!

ZERO
08-08-2008, 12:52 PM
Simple logic:

(people that like sprays of gay guys) < (people that like sprays of lesbian) > (people that do not use the internet) > (woman that would be offended enough to care)

The.Beast.13.
08-08-2008, 01:26 PM
mouahahah...well done...that explanation would have help some guys in high school to understand logic 101!!! ahahah

Peace

vicious
08-08-2008, 05:22 PM
Another GG Rule:

No helping someone on the other team win:
examples, telling them where you are so they can shoot you, knife you, or Grenade you.

Another admin rule:

No trading teams during a round. Either yourself or someone else.(yes that has happened, i wont name the admin cause i told him its common sense not to do that)

And if that isnt clear, i'm not talking about pressing m then a new team. I'm talking about using the admin command and switch your team instantly. So you can basically spawn, change team, and kill everyone in the spawn.

lukeydukey
08-08-2008, 09:53 PM
Uh, is there a rule that somebody can't have a blank or unnamed as a nick?

ZERO
08-09-2008, 12:57 AM
Uh, is there a rule that somebody can't have a blank or unnamed as a nick?

V.2.B.b :smirk:

ZERO
08-31-2008, 12:20 PM
Version updated to 1.1 added V.2.B.a.i

Mallissin
09-07-2008, 05:46 PM
Need some clarification.

I'm assuming TKing is considered under the "Disrespecting other players" section.

It's my understanding that admins should always have their tags on while acting like admins. We had an incident this afternoon where an admin changed their name to hide themselves and several people I'm assuming in jest called for him to be banned but I took it as goading other admins to break the rules. His reasoning, he was watching a hacker, although he wouldn't tell us who. I don't like seeing admins fooling around like this so I pressed for him to put his tag on, but he told me Zero doesn't require it. I just ignored it for the rest of the afternoon after telling the other admins to be careful.

Also would like so clarification on what sort of warning is required. If we tell everyone over all chat to not do something and describe the punishment, do we also need to warn the individual player after they broke the rules or can we just jump right to punishment?

Could we also consider a list of rules to consider when we find people in spots that seem like map exploits? Someone mentioned Zero had a rule that stated if a zombie has to kneel through a spot, it can't be barricaded? This would rule out barricading vents and many other spots.

One spot in particular I'd like clarified are the tubes on junkyard (zombie). They're nearly impossible to jump in as a zombie with a player firing at you. I've only seen Pooter and one or two other Top 10 players get in. Doesn't seem fair for those who don't play 18 hours a day.

ZERO
09-07-2008, 07:09 PM
I have said before that admins can ban those spots, I have realized that it is an exploit but it is still unofficial b/c i do not want kayos from a rapid change. If a user keeps tking and he it doing it intentionally it is an instant ban. Admins can change there names when in spec to demo hackers. If another admin does something to them and they do not ahve there tag on the other amdin can not be held responsable unless there is logs of conversation over admin chat. you can shoot crap into vents to cade them. That is clearly part of the map.

ZERO
09-13-2008, 11:35 PM
Updated to 1.2, added rule XI

bluedevil
09-14-2008, 12:43 PM
just read the over the list .. great way of having a simple way of punishment. great job zero !!:wtg::wtg:

iceofworm
09-30-2008, 12:50 PM
can u add in a area for the whole admin with time on as in the other thread. just so thats in this post.

Baliame
09-30-2008, 02:30 PM
And maybe that being a cockbadger doesn't entitle players to make multiple unban requests and abuse posts about big chunks of nothing?

THE HOLY SH**T!
11-14-2008, 02:43 PM
what if you warned a REGULAR 4 times by resulting a...

30 min
1 hr
1 day
1 week...

can you give perma bans after these measures have been issue without a demo? I have a problem with giving a demo in game, it closses out of css and won't let me back in and it say's error report. I can provide a screen shot, and that's it but theirs no point if they dont it constant.

I would like to issue a perma ban if these measures have been through, fuck the 2 week they need to scram.

ZERO
11-14-2008, 02:52 PM
Currently I would recommend just banning them for a week multiple times, but when sourcebans 2.0 comes out we will switch to that and there will be a full record of all bans allowing people with insane numbers to be perma banned.:wtg:

Koolayed
03-05-2009, 03:55 AM
i cant see whats wrong with gay men pictures your 1 and u have a dick dont u but this is my way of thinking of it : P so anyways i respect who ever has what we have xD or what i want 8--------------------------------------D

๖ReS
03-06-2009, 01:03 AM
Koolayed.
Shut up :smirk:

There's a slight problem (i think) with our Ghosting policy.

How will we know if someone is ghosting over vent, sometimes that can look like they're hackin'

With a Chat program they would probably have to stop moving to see what a person was telling them, unless it was in windowed mode.

Anyway.
Im just pointing out that it can be hard to tell the difference between Ghosting (mostly over vent in this case) and Cheating.

Peace, im going to bed.

[B337u5]Wilford Brimley
05-02-2009, 10:34 AM
I've always understood the GG server to be under a "no camping policy." Yet several of the admins there camp pretty regularly, then get mad when other players do it. The only reference I saw to camping in your rules was V.1.B though. So was my understanding mistaken, or is this an inadvertent omission?

Hodgie
05-02-2009, 05:45 PM
Wilford Brimley;15563']Yet several of the admins there camp pretty regularly, then get mad when other players do it.

Um... what admins are you referring to? I know this statement is completely false for the majority of the gg admins... so I'm just curious

[B337u5]Wilford Brimley
05-03-2009, 02:20 AM
The ones I see doing it most often are Virtus and Nemesis. I've noticed it before with others but they're the two biggies.

Nemesis
05-03-2009, 11:45 AM
Wilford Brimley;15572']The ones I see doing it most often are Virtus and Nemesis. I've noticed it before with others but they're the two biggies.

lol you're kidding right?

ZERO
05-04-2009, 12:20 AM
I still think the idea of camping on gg is a joke. The maps are small and if they are camping they are usually in the same spot and therefore are a free kill. In other words camping is of no overall advantage on gg verses any other strategy. The only thing I can say is that players should not be trying to delay the game. It if a different story when they are just trying not to get killed and run the clock down when there is still like 1:30 left verses getting a position.

Hodgie
05-04-2009, 06:16 AM
I still think the idea of camping on gg is a joke. The maps are small and if they are camping they are usually in the same spot and therefore are a free kill. In other words camping is of no overall advantage on gg verses any other strategy. The only thing I can say is that players should not be trying to delay the game. It if a different story when they are just trying not to get killed and run the clock down when there is still like 1:30 left verses getting a position.

Yea, plus the objective of gg is to get as many kills as possible. kdr may be important in pubs, but the number of kills is more important in gg (although for most people more kills = better kdr anyway)

I LIKE TURTLES
05-04-2009, 10:07 AM
Yea, plus the objective of gg is to get as many kills as possible. kdr may be important in pubs, but the number of kills is more important in gg (although for most people more kills = better kdr anyway)

Hodgie, my KDR has been dropping because you haven't been joining when I am playing lately...

The thing that pisses me off the most is when both players accept the knife vote... then when the counter starts, one of the player starts running away to waste the time of everyone watching. A lot of you faggot mother fuckers are guilty of this. GET THE SHIT OVER WITH ALREADY. ESP YOU ADMINS, STOP FUCKIN WASTING OUR TIME. If non admins do it, you use your commands on the players, but when the admins do it, nothing can be done.

Quite homo if you ask me.

inthebutt
05-04-2009, 01:06 PM
B) Name hacking

a) When used to create an identical name

i) This is automatically applied to people using the name unconnected. They are copying each others names and should be stopped even if there is only one.

b) When used to create and invisible name
c) When used to create the name of an admin or clan member

Zero I have a question about this. Lately I've seen multiple people at night in GG and ZM, mostly at night having the same name. Then the mic spamming starts and I don't know how to figure out who is doing the spamming. Both players were on the same team, both spammed the mic, but a third player with the same name and same team wasn't doing anything. in this situation what would be the correct thing to do??

Hodgie
05-04-2009, 02:08 PM
Hodgie, my KDR has been dropping because you haven't been joining when I am playing lately...

The shitty DSL internet that my landlady has setup has been crappin out a lot lately. It's frustrating to play gg and get disconnected when you're on pistols or whatever. I've also been getting the itch to play in pub so I've been doin that... it doesn't really matter if i get disconnect there.

The thing that pisses me off the most is when both players accept the knife vote... then when the counter starts, one of the player starts running away to waste the time of everyone watching. A lot of you faggot mother fuckers are guilty of this. GET THE SHIT OVER WITH ALREADY. ESP YOU ADMINS, STOP FUCKIN WASTING OUR TIME. If non admins do it, you use your commands on the players, but when the admins do it, nothing can be done.

Quite homo if you ask me.

cough... Virtus... cough

Zero I have a question about this. Lately I've seen multiple people at night in GG and ZM, mostly at night having the same name. Then the mic spamming starts and I don't know how to figure out who is doing the spamming. Both players were on the same team, both spammed the mic, but a third player with the same name and same team wasn't doing anything. in this situation what would be the correct thing to do??

I'll try and help out since Zero has mentioned that he's backed up with exams... hopefully i don't get yelled at for making up rules :lmao:
In the past I think admins have either muted all of the players with the same name and then unmuted them one at a time until the one that's being obnoxious is heard or they do it the other way and mute first one then two etc until the noise goes away... then the problematic one is the last one you muted.

inthebutt
05-04-2009, 03:15 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of kicking all three of them, than finding out exactly the players steam ID's as they rejoin. that way I know who's steam ID is who's.

Kavinsky
06-05-2009, 01:20 PM
since the votemute and mute features are never going to be fixed on zmod i'm requesting that the following server rules be added on to the spamming section C: A and B are null and void on the zmod server, no mic spamming is allowed and will be swiftly delt with an automatic mute after one and only one warning is given by the current admin.

ZERO
09-03-2009, 10:27 AM
Updated 1.3 with section II.2 and V.3

New rules against scripts that destroy cades and blocking map objectives on the wcs server.

Jeimuzu
09-11-2009, 06:58 AM
Why isn't grenade glitching against the rules yet?

And what about constantly team killing in zombie mod via blowing bridges, shooting planks out from under people, and killing them with cannons?

Mallissin
09-11-2009, 09:27 AM
Nade glitching and intentional TKing by map elements is considered disrespecting other players, ie. griefing/trolling/etc., so not sure why a specific rule would need to be made. In fact, leaving it vague allows an admin more room to work when people think up new ways to piss other people off.

walterbrunswick
09-11-2009, 09:31 AM
Nade glitching and intentional TKing by map elements is considered disrespecting other players, ie. griefing/trolling/etc., so not sure why a specific rule would need to be made. In fact, leaving it vague allows an admin more room to work when people think up new ways to piss other people off.
As I recall, you were the one complaining when I and another admin asked you not to cade using the shelf on snoopie. You were complaining about how it wasn't a "written rule."

And then you go on to say "so not sure why a specific rule would need to be made. In fact, leaving it vague allows an admin more room to work."

You just made a 180 degree turnaround:)

Nemesis
09-11-2009, 12:54 PM
so the way the WCS rule is worded just so long as you dont place the wards directly on the marked space for the bomb you're good, yes?

Mallissin
10-05-2009, 03:24 PM
As I recall, you were the one complaining when I and another admin asked you not to cade using the shelf on snoopie. You were complaining about how it wasn't a "written rule."

And then you go on to say "so not sure why a specific rule would need to be made. In fact, leaving it vague allows an admin more room to work."

You just made a 180 degree turnaround:)

Hardly. There's no rule to making impossible to open barricades or we'd be kicking half the server on some maps. The only barricade spot outlawed for the longest time was the one red room on highschool_beta because zombies couldn't see the barricade. On snoopie, the zombies can clearly see the shelf.

I also get annoyed when people say "Zero says so and so", but it's not written anywhere. We should make a clear list of off-limits spots.

On a tangent, also getting annoyed at the spreading use of going Spectator to avoid dying. There are regulars doing it casually on GG (to avoid a nade in one case) and ZM (to avoid zombies and nuke/gas/etc. deaths).

There's no rule against it, even though it clearly should be if using the same logic behind the no humans !zteleing from zombies.

ZERO
10-05-2009, 04:22 PM
Updated to version 1.4 now contains rule XII

Changes: added section XII to prevent players from leaving the server and or going to spectate to avoid death. :wtg:

XxMastagunzxX
10-05-2009, 10:21 PM
Nice :wtg:

Blaze1
10-06-2009, 12:17 AM
i may have missed it(im a little slow sometimes,lol), but what about cade breaking?

Jeimuzu
10-06-2009, 01:20 AM
Barricade breaking is in the ZM's server rules.. I believe you just have to go in-game and type !rules.

Mallissin
10-06-2009, 05:45 PM
Yah, barricade breaking, killing teammates with the nade glitch or map objects, or any other novel technique to screw over your fellow players falls into the big gray area of disrespecting other players.

We're all here to have fun. If you're only on the server to have fun at other's expense (aside from killing your opponent), expect an admin to be smacking you around.

mastercheff
10-06-2009, 05:50 PM
i remember we used to nade glitch admins because they make us play bad map thursday i remember the good times

Blaze1
10-07-2009, 11:18 AM
i remember we used to nade glitch admins because they make us play bad map thursday i remember the good times

the good old days! lol

test tickle
10-17-2009, 06:44 PM
one thing i'm wondering... i diddent read the whole thread mind u, is what the hell is up with banning fast zombies on escape maps. dont get me wrong, i do understand that they are fast and can kill an escape map very fast. but if you dont want ppl to use em, delete the class. i would rather use a classic zombie than get banned for something retarded as that.

also, if that suggestion doesnt get u, then take down one of the less popular servers and make an escape server only... without fast zombies. then we all dont have to get mad when everyone spams 1 or 2 and we get a gay zombie escape map.

Jeimuzu
10-17-2009, 06:49 PM
It isn't a rule, but the admins are trying to make it more fair for humans on escape maps. Though I can't say I agree with them, because I've proven to them that you can survive on most escape maps against fast zombies. I even proved it on train escape.

It's a lot like a common courtesy to not be a fast zombie on an escape map though, just as it is a common courtesy to ztele out of a barricade if your the first zombie. But I certainly hope they aren't banning people for it.

The owner of the servers will be able to modify what classes are allowed depending on what map we play to make it more fair for humans, but I wouldn't expect to see that for awhile. At least until the maker of Zombie Mod comes out with the next update.

test tickle
10-17-2009, 07:43 PM
making rules on the fly in this game is like playn hide and go seek with an a.d.d. kid changing the rules all the damn time. if its gonna be a "ban-able offense" even for 5 minutes, then it should be an official rule, none of this on the fly or admin preference bullshit.

Mallissin
10-17-2009, 08:09 PM
Banning for being a fast on an escape is going a little too far.

I'll usually make a votequestion asking if fast zombies should be frozen, and depending on the vote I'd go spec and freeze any I see.

But banning is excessive and I agree with Mister Tickle.

Jeimuzu
10-17-2009, 09:25 PM
A bit of ZM history for you..

About a day after the escape map Mines of Moria came out, all of the regulars wanted to check it out. Hobo (One of the admins at the time, before he went off to college) decided that the fast zombies were incredibly unfair, and everyone pretty much agreed to changing their class off the fast zombie, including me. Though as time went on, new admins and newcomers came, and they pretty much followed along with the same concept, except now it was enforced by freezing, because some of the newcomers were midgety things that didn't know how to read and could barely speak.

But that's good that you aren't banning people for it.. I remember I was nearly banned for it on my alternate account trying to see what the admins would do if I ran past them all as a fast zombie and closed the gate on them in Jurassic Park.

Was actually quite funny..

yours' truely
10-17-2009, 11:28 PM
I totally agree about fast zombies on escape maps. Keep in mind that I hate escape maps.

Banning though? It's not an official rule so I think a ban is a bit overboard... even for 5 min.

I think a better course of action is to announce at the beginning that after the first round fast zombies will not be allowed. If there is a fast zombie then freeze them for the rest of the round. I think that freezing is a much better course b/c not everyone is fluent in english or don't pay attention to chat/voice. If that's the case, then once they're frozen I'm pretty sure they will start paying attention to chat/voice a bit more and find out why they were frozen.

If freezing a player for fast zombie does become regular practice, I would hope that the admin and other regulars that are aware of this will try to let him know why.

Jeimuzu
10-18-2009, 11:48 AM
That's exactly what they do nowadays (Freezing instead of banning.) I hope.. But the real solution will come when the next version of ZM is released.

This is like the other times though.. When admins also started to enforce the common courtesy of not having more than two people in tubes at a time. Or when they even enforced the common courtesy of zteleing out of a barricade if you turned into a fast zombie. Or telling people to not barricade in certain spots instead of just asking them not to, even if skilled players could break into them.

But really, admins do have to often make calls on what is fair and what is not.

yours' truely
10-18-2009, 01:20 PM
:)

about zteleing when tagged in a cade, the bro code. I'm not a big fan of this.

Some times trying to break a cade is nearly impossible with the combination of all the ppl inside and the quality of the cade. I've often just had to sit outside the cade, tube or vent and wait for an impatient player to stick their head out or get to close to the opening. When that happens, i jump up and tag them.

Cade is intact, but now my (2million hours) time spent camping them pays off with a Z inside to tag the rest. It's a real buzz kill when they immediately ztele out. I think that if ppl didn't ztele out that would make things more suspenseful when you get into a room with all these strangers.

Jeimuzu
10-18-2009, 02:40 PM
It's different for a few others though (including me). People leech, and end up becoming the first zombie and killing you. When obviously you wouldn't have died if they weren't following you. It just gets annoying.. So Hobo and I pretty much thought up the common courtesies, and Res named it "The Bro Code." You don't have to follow it, people just end up respecting you more and relying on you more if you do.

Though this mostly applies when it's just you and one or two friends in a cade. Not when there's 20 people in one small room.

DeadEyeDeNNi$
11-16-2009, 12:10 PM
"III. Revisions
The rules are never totally set in stone, there are always people finding new unimaginable ways to ruin peoples fun. In addition sometimes it is necessary to spell out in stone some things that are highly contested to make it dead clear. Revisions will follow a X.x format and X will always change the version after x=9. x also starts at 0 and X starts at 1. The current revision is listed at the top of the post on the right hand corner and in the topic title"

Most players on GG server (including me) do not like people coming in and constantly camping to increase their stats/progress and it makes for an unstable community. There are many people that get extremely upset with campers to the extreme that they votekick them or if an admin is available to deal with them so it will stop.

When I play in GG I put up a message in "say" addressing the camp issue: NO CAMPING on this server unless you have a regular AWP or Scout! The reason for the two guns should be obvious but I'll explain. Those two weapons need to be opened up scope wise to enable a player to make their shot (most of the time) and thus giving others the advantage of un unknowing knife on that weapon holder. Now yes there are other scoped weapons but they can easily, even in close quarters be used to kill w/o the scope being opened up.

IMHO this should become a rule of revision and enforced by admins when possible.

I will use a multitude of variety (slap-burn-freeze-blind, etc.) to drive my point to the player after bringing the message back up and also warning them to move.

TC,

DED

Tragedy
11-16-2009, 12:39 PM
"III. Revisions
The rules are never totally set in stone, there are always people finding new unimaginable ways to ruin peoples fun. In addition sometimes it is necessary to spell out in stone some things that are highly contested to make it dead clear. Revisions will follow a X.x format and X will always change the version after x=9. x also starts at 0 and X starts at 1. The current revision is listed at the top of the post on the right hand corner and in the topic title"

Most players on GG server (including me) do not like people coming in and constantly camping to increase their stats/progress and it makes for an unstable community. There are many people that get extremely upset with campers to the extreme that they votekick them or if an admin is available to deal with them so it will stop.

When I play in GG I put up a message in "say" addressing the camp issue: NO CAMPING on this server unless you have a regular AWP or Scout! The reason for the two guns should be obvious but I'll explain. Those two weapons need to be opened up scope wise to enable a player to make their shot (most of the time) and thus giving others the advantage of un unknowing knife on that weapon holder. Now yes there are other scoped weapons but they can easily, even in close quarters be used to kill w/o the scope being opened up.

IMHO this should become a rule of revision and enforced by admins when possible.

I will use a multitude of variety (slap-burn-freeze-blind, etc.) to drive my point to the player after bringing the message back up and also warning them to move.

TC,

DED

Camping sucks and everyone knows this. Does it suck on GG? I'm not so sure...camping on GG more than 1 round and in the same place is basically a free kill to anyone with a brain on the opposing team.

Sure, I will camp every single round until I get off AWP/Scout...but on certain maps I will chill in a certain area every once in a while and wait for a kill. Especially when I know an opposing player will be coming my way...I'll sit there and twiddle my thumbs and then BAM...and even then someone will be like " fuckin' campers ". Ya know?

I mean I TOTALLY understand where you are coming from if someone is chilling with machine guns and stuff and camping round after round after round...it DOES suck, but like I said...the other team should know by now where that person is going to be and to just walk up and BAM.

Punishments for camping though? ehh....

loka
11-16-2009, 01:09 PM
lol. Camping in GG is pointless. Hence why this is the lamest rule. I'm sorry if you can't kill the freekill, but its the dumbest shit to put punishments on. ZERO stated pages ago on this thread that it's a free kill. it's pointless to try to install a no camping policy in GG. Camping in pub CS is a totally different story and annoying. However in GG, I can't understand how people can get pissed about someone camping in 1 spot. Camping is defined in CS as someone who stays in 1 spot for more than 1 minute. Apparently your definition of camping is someone who isn't moving which is a piss poor definition of camping and I suggest you play leagues before trying to open your mouth with your definition of camping.

Camping isn't horrible in GG. Dennis just has issues with it which is his own damn problem because everyone else seems to not have an issue with it. Case in point people have more fun and can play the game when your off rather then blinding, burning, freezing, whatever lame bullshit you do because after awhile it's annoying and it's called abuse.

loka
11-16-2009, 01:34 PM
And just so we're clear what camping is... these 2 guys are obvious campers

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gA7vifJZNXE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gA7vifJZNXE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

There's a difference between strategy and camping. That is just annoying and they never planted the bomb, and sat in the same spot for the entire round (obvious annoyance of camping in pub and why it's pointless in GG because of the size of GG maps). The point of GG is to level up. Playing in GG I haven't seen anyone get upset about campers. They don't exist in GG.

/end

Tragedy
11-16-2009, 02:39 PM
funny video lol

DeadEyeDeNNi$
11-16-2009, 10:20 PM
I disagree but if you think I'm wrong then I'll back off the camping rule and let's see how it goes.. My bet is that after I inform the masses that they should come here to post their complaints that the boards will be inundated with more posts than desired...

Over and out

DED

tj26
11-16-2009, 11:12 PM
i have to agree with dennis on this one it is rather annoying. it's not so much that they're hard to kill it's just dificult to get at them when other enemies are running around you, you can either shoot at the camper and have one of his teammates kill you at the same time or you can try to avoid him which blocks off half the map in some cases unless they're the last ones alive i guess but the point remains

ZERO
11-30-2009, 08:09 PM
Added IX.5

This rule is to prevent admins or anyone from allowing "free" levels on wcs.

ZERO
01-19-2010, 06:11 PM
Updated to 1.6

Rule XII.3 added: No player shall reconnect or leave the server and come back to play again in the same round.

maynard
01-19-2010, 06:13 PM
Added IX.5

This rule is to prevent admins or anyone from allowing "free" levels on wcs.

hooray, no more cheaters.:icon_mrgreen:

Steamer
01-19-2010, 10:10 PM
Updated to 1.6

Rule XII.3 added: No player shall reconnect or leave the server and come back to play again in the same round.

Bout time! :wtg:

The only thing that sucks is when no one is trying as so they don't blemish their coveted rank others cant respawn and try to help.... ;)

TheLittlestHobo
01-20-2010, 09:27 PM
Updated to 1.6

You should be more detailed as different circumstances will arise:

- Someone who's ping is too high and auto kicked
- Someone who leaves the server to do something then reconnects a minute later during the same round

I think you should just generalize that at any point you leave the server (by any circumstances) !spawn is prohibited.

OR you can remove the !spawn feature and negate the issues that are associated with it and let the people wait 5 minutes MAX for the round to end...to put things into perspective
(15 mins + 10 min for extending) x 5 maps ~ 125 minutes
5min waiting/125 min potential playing time ~ 4%...not a lot of time wasted...just very impatient people.

Steamer
01-20-2010, 09:37 PM
OR you can remove the !spawn feature and negate the issues that are associated with it and let the people wait 5 minutes MAX for the round to end...to put things into perspective
(15 mins + 10 min for extending) x 5 maps ~ 125 minutes
5min waiting/125 min potential playing time ~ 4%...not a lot of time wasted...just very impatient people.

OR... Add the Retry Kick plug-in that is time based and can be customized per second. That way it can't be abused and allows room for others to try and help and also late players to still join the game as a zombie. :wtg:

Oasis
01-23-2010, 08:44 PM
Updated to 1.6

Fuck yeah, thank you.

DeadEyeDeNNi$
02-02-2010, 04:25 PM
I have seen the rule of no racial slurring in any IBIS server in the past somewhere and I thought it was here. I enforce the no racial slur element on any IBIS server with warnings to stop and that if continued is a bannable offense. I also reference IBISgaming.com to any that question my statement/warning and I've had a few ppl lately tell me that it's not here so that's why I came to investigate today and it appears that they are right! Where did it go?

echo501st
02-02-2010, 04:51 PM
That would be under disrespect.
VII. Respect

Racism is not tolerated. I do one warning, if they say anything racial after that i do a one day ban.

DeadEyeDeNNi$
02-02-2010, 07:16 PM
That would be under disrespect.
VII. Respect

Racism is not tolerated. I do one warning, if they say anything racial after that i do a one day ban.

Nope, I have seen ZERO post something about it before and it's not to be tolerated and I thought for certain that it would be in the server rules containing the words of "NO racial slurs of any description" yada yada as well as recommended punishment.

ATM I do a one day thing unless they really get belligerent or defiant, then they get 2-4, like today when one guy not only was defiant, he called me out on the "it's against the rules and on ibisgaming.com rules for ypu to read" as he came here, saw that it was not here, hasseled me for 10 minutes, then proceeded to use the "N" word repeatedly saying ban me...

Needless to say I granted his wish.

loka
02-02-2010, 09:53 PM
I thought the racism rule was obvious under disrespect. Either way, I do not give warnings the minute I see a troll go "NIGGERNIGGERNIGGER", or have Swastikas in their name. If someone wants to spout the word or be a fucking retard, I give one chance and it's done. I don't have patience for it, and it should be something that is added saying "no racial slurs or racial symbols".

Christmas
02-04-2010, 01:15 AM
Okay, since ITB brought up the "if it isn't listed you can't ban for it", then what about blocking ladders, cade-breaking, purposefully getting tagged, etc.? None of these are listed yet bannable.

If people are going to get on other admins for "making up rules" EVERY SINGLE INFRACTION needs to be put up on the rules so this doesn't keep happening.

Jeimuzu
02-10-2010, 04:50 PM
Okay, since ITB brought up the "if it isn't listed you can't ban for it", then what about blocking ladders, cade-breaking, purposefully getting tagged, etc.? None of these are listed yet bannable.

If people are going to get on other admins for "making up rules" EVERY SINGLE INFRACTION needs to be put up on the rules so this doesn't keep happening.

Go in game, type !rules or whatever. They are in the rules. They just aren't listed here.

Jeimuzu
03-04-2010, 03:19 PM
You should add that "You can also view in-game rules by simply typing "rules" while playing." to the first post.

ZERO
03-10-2010, 12:20 AM
Updated to 1.7 rule III.5 added to prevent:
The malicious spread of dissidence in order to rally support for a competing entity.

Nemesis
03-10-2010, 01:01 AM
Updated to 1.7 rule III.5 added to prevent:
The malicious spread of dissidence in order to rally support for a competing entity.

may i maliciously spread dissidence for my own amusement?

ZERO
03-10-2010, 02:57 AM
yes?...

DeadEyeDeNNi$
03-24-2010, 12:50 AM
ZERO,

Just a FYI and a request for addition(s) to the rules that are listed on the server but not here. Also, another couple of situations that have been a thorn in the side of many ppl, at least on GG.

With the new format + warm-up round of grenades, the choices of killing another team mate are available even though it's a warm-up round and more times than not the people that do this, even after multiple requests on my part and other Admins, sometimes do it so late that it carries over to the main game therefore affecting the player when the stats have begun, therefore putting them at a disadvantage of having to wait for the second round to play, totally unfair and for those that pay close attention to their stats a big drawback.

Is it possible to disable the option(s) if killed by a grenade by a team mate, IE: slay, drug, fire, etc.? (that should also include TKing on warm-up) because some of these asshats JUST DON'T GET IT !!!

The other request is that quite a few of our people that play on GG regularly have stated that the maps never change, and while I agree to an extent, there should be a few rotations of maps that are just not well accepted and always seem to get requests for a change or a RTV...

Some new content would be a welcome change and perhaps some of our regulars would like to participate in a list of potential map adds/changes to make for good PR.

Thanks in advance for your assistance...

DED

elpolloloco
07-07-2011, 02:37 PM
I'm not totally one for censorship, but what do people think about others who chose names like this guy "Jared Loughner" that keeps popping on Pub #1?

I know it's not covered in the rules, but I mean. It's one thing to name yourself "Jeeffrey Dahmer", but does anyone thing it might be a little too soon to name yourself "Jared Loughner". Seriously? The dude shot and killed a toddler amongst other people this year.

Link
07-07-2011, 03:46 PM
i recently dealt with the player you're referring to. he's a habitual TKer, and continued to TK after repeated warnings. so i administered a nice lengthy ban.

i was going to make him change his name, because his name is in horrible offensive taste, and i refuse to stand for it if i can do something about it.

but he TK'd before i could get onto him about his name.

as far as being offensive goes, i personally will only take it for so long. :)

DJ_MikeyRevile
11-30-2011, 09:18 PM
can we add suicide as a way to avoid death or doing the objective?

Jeimuzu
12-01-2011, 01:25 PM
Generally yes. But it's a dick move if it's to avoid dying as a zombie or something.

rdx
04-23-2012, 09:30 PM
can you add a rule for racism?

acolyte_to_jippity
04-23-2012, 09:33 PM

no. we have a fucking rule about racism. as long as it is not directed towards another player, it's not against the rules.

Nemesis
04-23-2012, 09:38 PM
no. we have a fucking rule about racism. as long as it is not directed towards another player, it's not against the rules.

niggers these days...

Joker
04-23-2012, 09:43 PM
niggers these days...
aww fuck your couch nigga....:smirk:

Dj panda
04-23-2012, 10:09 PM
Buy another you rich motherfucker

maynard
04-23-2012, 10:59 PM

did you learn nothing from the talk we had on steam? your personal feelings don't matter regarding our rules.

our rules, are our rules and have been for a Very long time.

brett friggin favre
07-10-2012, 12:15 PM
Ghosting. IMO, it should be a perma ban offense. Otherwise its a loophole through an ESP perma in that the accused can just say he was ghosting and by the current rules, get off with a temp ban. It also boosts your stats and gives you an unfair advantage, so its rank manipulation and cheating in my book. I move to transfer article VI to the perma ban section.

Cortez
07-12-2012, 01:33 PM
Question...cause I didn't want to read through all the posts to see if it was posted :)

What's the punishment for pretending to be an admin?

I was in GG and had a player "REDRUM <ibis.a>" STEAM_0:1:6918201.
He said "I was admin long ago and who knows maybe i will be one again."

He wouldn't listen to me, but I saw owns on so I got her to come talk to the guy and he listened to her...girls always know how to persuade men I guess...

Just curious on how long a ban should be if they continue to keep the ibis.a tag on?

Thanks

XX0wnsXY
07-12-2012, 01:37 PM
I don't know i guess it's at the discresion of the admin banning, however had he not heeded my warning I would have issued a light ban and been sure to make a comment on the ban, that way if he came back and still hasn't changed his name, further punishment could be given.

Hitman
07-12-2012, 01:51 PM
If they are not a current admin, they should not be wearing our tags. Unless they are clan.

Next time, if he won't listen, you have the right to contact any other ULA or Clan member. If none are on (high doubtful since Maynard has no life), you can go ahead and ban ONLY after you kicked the person and warned them. Please remember to bring the ban to the forums as well.

Joker
07-12-2012, 03:34 PM
Question...cause I didn't want to read through all the posts to see if it was posted :)

What's the punishment for pretending to be an admin?

I was in GG and had a player "REDRUM <ibis.a>" STEAM_0:1:6918201.
He said "I was admin long ago and who knows maybe i will be one again."

He wouldn't listen to me, but I saw owns on so I got her to come talk to the guy and he listened to her...girls always know how to persuade men I guess...

Just curious on how long a ban should be if they continue to keep the ibis.a tag on?

Thanks

Unfortunately I know him and yes he used to play a long time ago and had a major anger problem. As hitman said if he doesn't take of the tag after you warn him than kick, ban for a short period of time and bring it to the attention of a clan or ula and post it on the forums.

P.S. if he were to become an admin again I would be a little scared because if he's anything like what he was before he would be a big issue just sayin

REDRUM
10-27-2012, 02:11 PM
This "tag" was on since I left CSS back in 2010... When that person asked me to remove the tag, I wasn't being defiant.... I was trying to change my name while in game... Being away from game so long u forget how shit works... Apparently you can't no longer easily change your name while in game, idk... It was changed... I can't believe how silly some people are.

ricochet
10-27-2012, 07:42 PM
Since you've dredged up an old thread, I'll throw my 2 cents in.

I was admin long ago and who knows maybe i will be one again.

Instead of spewing this garbage, just remove the tag? Sounds pretty easy to me. But, for you, it's obviously another story what with your defiant "FUCK EVERYONE WHO QUESTIONS ME" attitude.

You've managed to light yourself up with a HUGE spotlight in a short amount of time and shit on a lot of upstanding individuals here in the community.

Good job:wtg:

Steamer
10-27-2012, 08:23 PM
I only came here for that avatar ^

Peace.

CYBER
10-27-2012, 10:44 PM
I only came here for that avatar ^Peace.i thought i was the only one that gets happy when rico is involved with some shit on the forums! Follow the avatar!

maynard
10-27-2012, 11:47 PM
This "tag" was on since I left CSS back in 2010... When that person asked me to remove the tag, I wasn't being defiant.... I was trying to change my name while in game... Being away from game so long u forget how shit works... Apparently you can't no longer easily change your name while in game, idk... It was changed... I can't believe how silly some people are.

oh shut up already.

Stephen R
10-29-2012, 05:32 AM
Great job done by you , otherwise if we don't get any idea about the Server rules,we may do some mess up and get punishment. So thanks for making us aware.

Steamer
10-29-2012, 08:21 PM
Great job done by you , otherwise if we don't get any idea about the Server rules,we may do some mess up and get punishment. So thanks for making us aware.

Vladninja
10-29-2012, 08:41 PM
This is what happens when you have 0% grasp on a given language and depend on google translate... that or still going with it's a bot.

brett friggin favre
10-30-2012, 12:02 AM
This is what happens when you have 0% grasp on a given language and depend on google translate... that or still going with it's a bot.

if its sig is "." its a bot. no idea why they do that...

Meltdown
10-30-2012, 11:53 AM
if its sig is "." its a bot. no idea why they do that...

bot programs get better.

Peep
12-13-2012, 10:17 PM
Just a suggestion, maybe the rules should be advertised more? I ran into a few problems tonight with people saying that rules that are stated here, are not rules because they know since they play all the time. Also, is it possible if ghosting can be defined in the rules further. It was over the mic, which was not defined in section VI (specifies vent or program outside of the game)

Meltdown
02-27-2014, 01:03 PM
Can someone tell me if the rules apply on HLSS also aply on HLDJ and if not where HLDJ stands in the rulebook.

SCRIBBLE
02-27-2014, 01:08 PM
same rules apply for both

III. Spamming
1) Yelling into a mic repeatedly to disrupt game play
2) The use of HLSS
A) Can be used with permission from admin or if players are requesting it
B) Should not be overused or used for long durations

acolyte_to_jippity
02-27-2014, 10:25 PM
Can someone tell me if the rules apply on HLSS also aply on HLDJ and if not where HLDJ stands in the rulebook.

really dude?

Nemesis
02-27-2014, 10:38 PM
really dude?

What about HLSS v1.7 and HLSS 1.9? Two totally different things that a stupid fucking cunt could be so confused about they would need to waste everyone's time to ask when the answer is so fuck obvious that fucking Cyber could come up with it.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-27-2014, 10:54 PM
What about HLSS v1.7 and HLSS 1.9? Two totally different things that a stupid fucking cunt could be so confused about they would need to waste everyone's time to ask when the answer is so fuck obvious that fucking Cyber could come up with it.

+1
10/10 would read again.

Meltdown
03-03-2014, 04:17 AM
really dude?

Boo hoo?

acolyte_to_jippity
03-03-2014, 04:19 PM
Boo hoo?

i'm not complaining. i'm honestly questioning if you're serious. the degree of specificity you seem to be looking for would be impressive, if not for the fact that its mostly common fucking sense.

ffs. you're easily the most anal person i've seen here. not counting people who actually WANT to be given anal like blade.

Meltdown
03-04-2014, 04:53 AM
i'm not complaining. i'm honestly questioning if you're serious. the degree of specificity you seem to be looking for would be impressive, if not for the fact that its mostly common fucking sense.

ffs. you're easily the most anal person i've seen here. not counting people who actually WANT to be given anal like blade.

Boo hoo?

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-04-2014, 05:35 AM
Boo hoo?

Essentially what aco is saying is... you are an idiot. Micromanagement fails every time.

Meltdown
03-05-2014, 03:34 PM
Essentially what aco is saying is... you are an idiot. Micromanagement fails every time.

Like I care, the thing I learned here is that there certain people in ibis I don't want to waste my breath on, I will just leave em be and let em think and say what they want, honestly there is no point with arguing with people who are not smart enough. All they do is curse, come up with crap that is years old and blown up ego's, all because they cannot have a normal discussion. I don't blame them for being primitive, just easier to avoid em.

Oh and mikey, you too. you awfully boring and to tiring to even talk too. all u can come up to is your an idiot or u got downs. if you don't got the knowledge to discuss, then don't bother.

acolyte_to_jippity
03-05-2014, 04:48 PM
Like I care, the thing I learned here is that there certain people in ibis I don't want to waste my breath on, I will just leave em be and let em think and say what they want, honestly there is no point with arguing with people who are not smart enough. All they do is curse, come up with crap that is years old and blown up ego's, all because they cannot have a normal discussion. I don't blame them for being primitive, just easier to avoid em.

Oh and mikey, you too. you awfully boring and to tiring to even talk too. all u can come up to is your an idiot or u got downs. if you don't got the knowledge to discuss, then don't bother.

you are saying that asking whether a rule pertaining to one program dedicated to nothing more than playing audio clips over the voice chat feature in source engine games also pertains to another (virtually identical) program dedicated to nothing more than playing audio clips over the voice chat function in source engine games is an intelligent and "normal" discussion?

no. the "normal" thing to do is to use your fucking common sense and take a slight leap.

please, point out where the trouble is in that concept. point out why the rules pertaining to hlss would be different from hldj. point out how this is a normal discussion to have.

Rosie
04-13-2014, 01:38 PM
Wow leave for a few years and Meltdown is still a pain in the ass. Just plain wow!

down20lines
09-01-2015, 01:47 PM
The following players are votebanning anyone who joins the IBIS (GunGame DM FFA MOD+) server so they can play alone on it. Please ban these players, they should not be allowed to ban players just so they can play alone.
Ey yo Bro!
Hige
Kiba
Naraukami

Joker
09-01-2015, 03:28 PM
The following players are votebanning anyone who joins the IBIS (GunGame DM FFA MOD+) server so they can play alone on it. Please ban these players, they should not be allowed to ban players just so they can play alone.
Ey yo Bro!
Hige
Kiba
Naraukami

don't worry I'm watching the server, they shouldn't be doing that. thanks for the heads up.

ZERO
09-06-2015, 01:47 PM
A section on team killing has been added. People who are intentionally team shooting can be instantly kicked and temp banned. Repeat offenders get longer bans and permas.

Players who are team killing and going out of their way to do it can be perma banned. These are the players who are not on the server to enjoy and play the game with everyone but instead are in the server only to disrupt it and run other players fun my intentionally killing them over and over. These players have no place on our servers or in our community and need to be perma banned right out of here.

As for the case in ZM. Team killing will apply when a player has been clearly warned that doing something such as destroying a bridge WILL result in team killing and that when they did this action not only did the players on the bridge die for example but also that their team lost the round as a direct result of their actions. In other words a perma ban for ZM related team killing actions will only be permitted in cases where not only the intent and knowledge of what they were doing is shown but also when their actions directly contributed to their team then losing the round. Users who do something that results in the "stragglers" getting killed are not to be punished with perma bans.

ZERO
09-06-2015, 01:55 PM
Note that edging and stuff like that is not team killing only things that directly kill your team such as shooting out the bridge under the entire team and shit to force the team to lose when they would otherwise have won is.

Superman
12-11-2015, 04:55 PM
Any way to add a mod that if someone is still, in an area of like 10 feet (give or take), for 10 seconds it will start taking 10 damage every other second? I know they have mods that prevent camping, I just don't know the names of them. Just an idea to prevent camping on any server we have.

$Money$
12-11-2015, 05:50 PM
Any way to add a mod that if someone is still, in an area of like 10 feet (give or take), for 10 seconds it will start taking 10 damage every other second? I know they have mods that prevent camping, I just don't know the names of them. Just an idea to prevent camping on any server we have.
GGDM beacons you if you camp for so long, maybe add that to regular GG.

rawrr
12-11-2015, 07:15 PM
D.A.R.K. Yushun wouldn't last if that were implemented :lmao:

Rosie
12-11-2015, 10:57 PM
The classic argument is, if you know where they are camping, then they are an easier target. People play the game differently, makes the game easier for some people to sit in defense and get attacked.

If they are doing it in a way that is intentionally prolonging the round,(IE. Hiding in any "secret" spots, not firing or hanging out with an enemy, running from knife fight.) then you could implement the warn, slay kick... avenue. But you better be sure it was intentional, or it could be seen as abuse.

rawrr
12-11-2015, 11:31 PM
What pisses me off is when someone is camping and you tell them to move, you beacon them, and you slap them, but they still won't move..

MadGamer101
12-12-2015, 01:43 AM
What pisses me off is when someone is camping and you tell them to move, you beacon them, and you slap them, but they still won't move..

If you have to verbally warn a camper than beacon him/her than resorting to slapping as a last ditch, and he/she still doesn't listen I think a slay is in order.

It irritates the fuck out of me when people don't listen or blatantly ignore admins, players need to start paying more attention to admins.

hippo
12-12-2015, 01:55 AM

There is a camp-slap mod which beacons and slaps you until you move but sometimes it's too sensitive and can be an inconvenience if you're not really camping but say, on top of a narrow building (like in texture city) looking around. The slap can also be learnt to be abused to get to normally unreachable places

Superman
12-12-2015, 05:41 PM
The classic argument is, if you know where they are camping, then they are an easier target. People play the game differently, makes the game easier for some people to sit in defense and get attacked.

If they are doing it in a way that is intentionally prolonging the round,(IE. Hiding in any "secret" spots, not firing or hanging out with an enemy, running from knife fight.) then you could implement the warn, slay kick... avenue. But you better be sure it was intentional, or it could be seen as abuse.

That only works if the maps are small. GG has got some bigger maps with 2 and 3 levels to them. Implenting a mod to slaps someone(for 5 - 10 damage) who sits still for 5 - 10 seconds in one spot. That way admins don't have to waste time trying to spec everyone and yelling at people. With a mod it would be implimented automatically.

D.A.R.K. Yushun wouldn't last if that were implemented :lmao:

I couldn't aggree more. :)

Rosie
12-12-2015, 08:03 PM

WTF, you guys are acting like camping is breaking a rule. Camping while not encouraged is most certainly allowed.

rawrr
12-12-2015, 10:16 PM
Camping that is prolonging the round is against the rules. That's what i'm talking about.

Superman
12-13-2015, 01:59 PM
WTF, you guys are acting like camping is breaking a rule. Camping while not encouraged is most certainly allowed.

If you camp in the gg server in one spot to avoid death and/or to delay the game it most certainly is against the rules ( failure to complete the objective ) and thus should be enforced. In GG the object is to run around and kill each other, so to camp to avoid death cause you suck is not completing the game objective. So a mod in GG to prevent someone from sitting around for 5 seconds at a time in one spot would force people to complete the objective, or die by slapping....lol, which is equally as entertaining.

If they are doing it in, lets say the pup, in bomb site a or b in Dust, then they are doing so to actually prevent the other team from winning (the point of the game and within the objective) and it is ok.

Camping in zombie server is already a rule.

StarsMine
12-13-2015, 02:05 PM
Camping Is allowed, Camping to delay the game is not. Its pretty easy to tell the difference to a human, if you want to implement such a feature it should only ever turn on only when a person is alone on their team.

$Money$
12-13-2015, 03:17 PM
Hell with it, just make it to where if you don't move for 10 secs auto kicked. There problem solved :wtg:
or 1 min ban :icon_mrgreen:

StarsMine
12-13-2015, 04:06 PM
Hell with it, just make it to where if you don't move for 10 secs auto kicked. There problem solved :wtg:
or 1 min ban :icon_mrgreen:

... No

firstblood
01-18-2016, 12:59 PM
Anyone think that rascism or child pornography should be explicitly banned?

I believe it could greatly reduce the number of players on the servers should these things be continually allowed in it.

By following the rules, I can run around using the N word until warned about it, as long as it's not directed toward a person of that racial stature.

I can also spray explicit child pornography, until warned. I don't believe that the rules for governing the servers have exploited children's best needs at heart.

Possibly also there could be a post governing the escalation of force in banning offenders, maybe a ratings scale on how many times they've been banned before, and which new bannable offense should warrant as a punishment.

Say, 5 previous bans, and they're reconnecting to manipulate points on GG, would be 30 min ban. Where mic spamming would warrant a mute for the round, and griefing may warrant an hour ban after the 5 ban mark.

phil.™
01-18-2016, 01:51 PM
Anyone think that rascism or child pornography should be explicitly banned?

I believe it could greatly reduce the number of players on the servers should these things be continually allowed in it.

By following the rules, I can run around using the N word until warned about it, as long as it's not directed toward a person of that racial stature.

I can also spray explicit child pornography, until warned. I don't believe that the rules for governing the servers have exploited children's best needs at heart.

Possibly also there could be a post governing the escalation of force in banning offenders, maybe a ratings scale on how many times they've been banned before, and which new bannable offense should warrant as a punishment.

Say, 5 previous bans, and they're reconnecting to manipulate points on GG, would be 30 min ban. Where mic spamming would warrant a mute for the round, and griefing may warrant an hour ban after the 5 ban mark.

Racist words are allowed as long as it is not directed towards anyone. That has been the rule and will always be a rule. Again, why anyone would use these words? Ask nem.

Child pornography or explicit child porn sprays, use the !removespray command and immediately warn telling them to change spray or next is automatic ban, then kick the player so they can change it.. If the player comes back with the same spray, ban. I dont want to see that kind of sprays in the server.

firstblood
01-20-2016, 02:23 PM
Well, I have overstepped my role as an admin then. About a month ago I had someone come from the zombie server to the GG specifically to ask for an admin to help with a racist. Upon entering the server, the man was ranting about how he hated "dirty, filthy, n*****s" and had apparently been doing so for over 20 minutes. I muted him without warning. He wasn't specifically calling anyone in the server one, but made it very clear that they all needed to die in a tree. After muting the guy, I warned him against hate speech verbally, and he continued to type his rant into the chat bar, so I banned him. Some were asking him to knock it off, and several were very audibly upset at his continued use of the term. I suppose I owe that guy an apology. I'll step down from admin if I was too out of line. Let me know.

I assume that the majority of CS:S players are white males, but with hate speech enabled on these servers, I understand why. I'm surprised kayla and rawr play here as sexism isn't mentioned either. Would a female admin be reprimanded for kicking/banning those with sexist speech, as long as it's not directed towards them?

Child pornography is a federal offense in the U.S. which is the law that governs these servers. I don't see how ibis can casually allow it, as any tolerance is implicitly illegal. The rules allow child porn for crying out loud.
But, should it be gay porn created from 2 consenting adults, or a nude fat woman, it's specifically prohibited.

I'm just trying to figure out these very relaxed rules truth be told. Chalk it up to being a newer admin if you'd like.

I'm a zambi
01-20-2016, 06:13 PM
Chalk it up to being a newer admin if you'd like.
Okay, you're new.

StarsMine
01-20-2016, 06:44 PM
Well there is something to be said about being quicker to call mic spamming if someone wont shut about about those damn dirty apes. If the guy was spaming chat afterwords, gag him as well. If he goes around the mute/gag, well just keep giving the guy harsher punishments.

Child pornography is very much NOT allowed at all in our rules. Remove immediately, if they dont change spray kick/ban etc. We are not casually allowing anything of that sort, it gets downloaded to all users, its a legal hazard to us, we dont want it. please take care of it as fast as possible.

phil.™
01-21-2016, 08:58 AM
Well, I have overstepped my role as an admin then. About a month ago I had someone come from the zombie server to the GG specifically to ask for an admin to help with a racist. Upon entering the server, the man was ranting about how he hated "dirty, filthy, n*****s" and had apparently been doing so for over 20 minutes. I muted him without warning. He wasn't specifically calling anyone in the server one, but made it very clear that they all needed to die in a tree. After muting the guy, I warned him against hate speech verbally, and he continued to type his rant into the chat bar, so I banned him. Some were asking him to knock it off, and several were very audibly upset at his continued use of the term. I suppose I owe that guy an apology. I'll step down from admin if I was too out of line. Let me know.

I assume that the majority of CS:S players are white males, but with hate speech enabled on these servers, I understand why. I'm surprised kayla and rawr play here as sexism isn't mentioned either. Would a female admin be reprimanded for kicking/banning those with sexist speech, as long as it's not directed towards them?

Child pornography is a federal offense in the U.S. which is the law that governs these servers. I don't see how ibis can casually allow it, as any tolerance is implicitly illegal. The rules allow child porn for crying out loud.
But, should it be gay porn created from 2 consenting adults, or a nude fat woman, it's specifically prohibited.

I'm just trying to figure out these very relaxed rules truth be told. Chalk it up to being a newer admin if you'd like.

An admin is not REQUIRED to make admin calls if they are unsure, so it's ok, next time try having an ULA or clan member on your friends list if you need further clarification.

Even though his racism wasn't directed towards anyone, yes we do still have a mic spamming rule, or inappropriate language.

Lastly as for the sprays, if it's like a dick spray or something gross, i will usually tell the customer to remove it, and if it isnt removed/changed then I will kick. Child porn sprays is immediate removal with admin command and warning and kick without a second warning. If they come back again and I see that shit, it's automatic ban without warning. That's for me atleast though.

phil.™
01-21-2016, 10:48 AM
OMG minj just told me i said "i will usually tell the customer to remove it"... i just had a customer in here.

I will usually tell to players to remove it. Players. Yah feel me playa?

Oh and all our female admins and players are strong independent woman! Sexism is not a factor.

StarsMine
01-21-2016, 11:02 AM
Sexism is not a factor.

I wouldnt say that, but most of the adults here know enough to just ignore the people that spew that shit out. And our female admins are pretty kick ass.

Seems to have died down since the release of GO, kids just moved onto that I suppose.

rawrr
01-21-2016, 12:25 PM
Sexism is never really an issue here, it's when someone goes out of their way disrespect and harass us because we're women. That falls under the player disrespect rule and is usually dealt with in a reasonable manner.