PDA

View Full Version : Conflict in GG

Ketchup
09-28-2010, 03:24 AM
Ok so i was playing on gg Ibis earlier tonight when a ton of stuff happened:
(I feel ridiculous for posting but someone i believe should post about it)

1. While game play there were about a thousand infractions being committed against server rules. There were teams/players camping for a full rounds/games. Excessive TK-ing. Racial slurs... etc.... I contacted all admins in my list none were available. It was very un-enjoyable.

2.When admins did show up. The problems seemed to subside. the players that were committing infractions were either gone or behaving. Then, two games later... For what seemed to be no reason at all half the players in the server were muted. I was not one of them. Cyber an admin on your server was muted himself (but not by himself)

3. When Envy entered he un-muted Cyber along with the remaining who had been muted. (Once again, I will state no reason was shown as to why were muted. Just seemed like an admin was having to much fun being malicious. No warnings were issued that I ever heard) A huge fight broke out between all the admins. Made the admins look disrespectful and childish in front of a lot of players.

Admins who I know where there at the time:
Coupbas
Zinta Piest
Cyber
Envy
and Joker I believe (not 100% on his actual time)

Now in stating all of this I just want it to be known I'm not attacking any of these admins, but I do believe the whole thing was childish, and drove a lot of players away at the time. After this and during the debacle the server went to about empty. I just think this sort of thing makes the admins look bad! I mean with rumors I hear everyday on Ibis servers, it seems people are saying Ibis is going "down hill". I don't think that you all should be represented this way!

I'm new to the server, along to the forum. Not sure if this is the right area to put this post in if so I shall move it!

Just expressing my two cents
Ketchup

XX0wnsXY
09-28-2010, 05:40 AM
I'm only disappointed I wasn't there to hear.

Christmas
09-28-2010, 06:50 AM
See, at least my shenanigans are cheeky and fun.

Mrs. Xen_Warrior
09-28-2010, 07:15 AM

+1 :wtg:

If you are saying there were two admins there (Cyber and someone else) and the other admin muted everyone incluidng Cyber then why didn't Cyber unmute everyone himself and then come make his own admin abuse thread?

acolyte_to_jippity
09-28-2010, 08:54 AM

and his shenanigans are cruel, and painful.

when i came in, cyber's name was set to "cyber | ibis.a (no audio)"

he messeged me asking if i could hear him. i said no, and on a hunch i ran @mute cyber, which unmuted him. then, envy started unmuting people, including coupas and joker. i have no idea how they got muted. nothing showed up in chat about them getting muted.

Superman
09-28-2010, 08:57 AM
I have admin again, or well, its being updated. I will be on more to help out.

Ketchup
09-28-2010, 12:59 PM

he messeged me asking if i could hear him. i said no, and on a hunch i ran @mute cyber, which unmuted him. then, envy started unmuting people, including coupas and joker. i have no idea how they got muted. nothing showed up in chat about them getting muted.

Cyber more or less joined, then figured out he had been a few seconds leter that he been muted. For some reason I don't know why but Envy had to un-mute him. No clue how you do that?

Ketchup
09-28-2010, 01:01 PM

No this one wasn't even enjoyable. Trust me.

acolyte_to_jippity
09-28-2010, 01:07 PM
Cyber more or less joined, then figured out he had been a few seconds leter that he been muted. For some reason I don't know why but Envy had to un-mute him. No clue how you do that?

i unmuted cyber.

envy unmuted a bunch of other people after i unmuted cyber

DJ_MikeyRevile
09-28-2010, 04:15 PM

mine are bettterrrr =P

maynard
09-28-2010, 05:05 PM
Racial slurs...

not against the rules

THE HOLY SH**T!
09-28-2010, 05:22 PM
what the canadians is up?

UNBAN ME FROM GG.

hallwagner
09-28-2010, 05:24 PM
yea i was there for most of the part, and i know i talk alot, but another thing i would like changed is the amount of constant blabbering in gungame. i was participating in the blabbering, but it got to a point where i was forced to use "voice_enable 0" because i couldn't concentrate at all and was performing very poorly. this needs to be resolved as well

maynard
09-28-2010, 05:26 PM
what the canadians is up?

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo230/ktown4life1337/Canada_iPod_Settlement.jpg

XX0wnsXY
09-28-2010, 05:39 PM
yea i was there for most of the part, and i know i talk alot, but another thing i would like changed is the amount of constant blabbering in gungame. i was participating in the blabbering, but it got to a point where i was forced to use "voice_enable 0" because i couldn't concentrate at all and was performing very poorly. this needs to be resolved as well

I don't really see anything being done about this. That is why voice enable and player list mute are there. If you feel that the chatter interferes with your playing, perhaps you should play pub, where things are a little more super cereal. GG is where people go to relax and have fun.

Joker
09-28-2010, 06:29 PM

Yea i didnt even know that i was muted untill envy unmuted me, and parently like 5 other people muted as well and when i looked back through the consol and chat logs i didnt see anything about anyone muting anyone, so i dont what happened.

mag36
09-28-2010, 07:45 PM
I don't really see anything being done about this. That is why voice enable and player list mute are there. If you feel that the chatter interferes with your playing, perhaps you should play pub, where things are a little more super cereal. GG is where people go to relax and have fun.

Agreed if someone is annoying or talking to much just mute them n player list since it works. I come to GG to have fun or blow off some steam. We all know Im not there to be competitive in GG.

Bumpkin
09-28-2010, 08:46 PM

LMAO.

I'd like to meet the person who told you this.

I'd also like to know why Aco is being an ass and muting everyone.

Christmas
09-28-2010, 09:25 PM
LMAO.

I'd actually like to know why you think your opinion matters on anything.

THE HOLY SH**T!
09-28-2010, 10:13 PM
I'd actually like to know why you think your opinion matters on anything.

IT DOES@!#@!EGQEGQ2EGRWEVWREVWEQEVQEWCWQERVQREFE2Re

Vladninja
09-28-2010, 10:41 PM
IT DOESN'T

Fixed.

THE HOLY SH**T!
09-28-2010, 11:27 PM
i love pussy

fixed.

Vladninja
09-28-2010, 11:38 PM
fixed.

Thanks bro!

acolyte_to_jippity
09-28-2010, 11:52 PM
LMAO.

as i said, i only unmuted cyber. i did not mute anyone else. nor did i mute cyber to begin with.

get your facts straight bitch lol

oh yeah...:hi:

hmmmm, probbaly should change my sig too now

Ketchup
09-29-2010, 02:30 AM
i unmuted cyber.

envy unmuted a bunch of other people after i unmuted cyber
I wasn't blaming you or anyone for that. Sorry, I thought it was Envy that un-muted my bad

Perry
09-29-2010, 02:36 AM
could it have been a glitch like the one who slays everyone after nade round?

Solarsoul
09-29-2010, 08:09 AM
could it have been a glitch like the one who slays everyone after nade round?

Probably not there are a couple admins who come on under false names do shit then leave i have seen it a couple times, never caught who they were but now about half way threw games ill ma_admin to make sure there arent admins without tags in the server. the other day an admin had no tag or name pertaining to his adminship came into the server and began yelling at people and he slayed 2 or three people i dont know who he was but this really needs to be handled.

Bumpkin
09-29-2010, 08:33 AM
IT DOES@!#@!EGQEGQ2EGRWEVWREVWEQEVQEWCWQERVQREFE2Re

My point exactly.

I'm sorry Christmas, but I'm like you in a way.

Whether you like it or not, I'll state my opinion.

Thankfully, I'm not a pompous ass as you are.

acolyte_to_jippity
09-29-2010, 10:12 AM
Probably not there are a couple admins who come on under false names do shit then leave i have seen it a couple times, never caught who they were but now about half way threw games ill ma_admin to make sure there arent admins without tags in the server. the other day an admin had no tag or name pertaining to his adminship came into the server and began yelling at people and he slayed 2 or three people i dont know who he was but this really needs to be handled.

what was his account name?

my admin's registered under acolytetojippity i believe

THE HOLY SH**T!
09-29-2010, 11:11 AM
thanks bro!

lool!

Aboose of power!

<3

DeadEyeDeNNi$
09-30-2010, 11:16 AM
A demo of the whole thing would have been a good thing.

There "may" have been an admin in there w/o tags on playing games too. Did anyone think of doing an "ma_admins" ? Even a sb_status would have given the ID's to have something to work with.

Try to be a bit more pro-active when in the server and something isn't right even tho you aren't an admin there's still commands you can use to help.

http://www.counter-strike.com/commands/half_life_2/client_console_server/

Thanks!

DED

acolyte_to_jippity
09-30-2010, 11:36 AM
A demo of the whole thing would have been a good thing.

There "may" have been an admin in there w/o tags on playing games too. Did anyone think of doing an "ma_admins" ? Even a sb_status would have given the ID's to have something to work with.

Try to be a bit more pro-active when in the server and something isn't right even tho you aren't an admin there's still commands you can use to help.

http://www.counter-strike.com/commands/half_life_2/client_console_server/

Thanks!

DED

i did ma_admins

no-tagless ones.

but the fact is is that no-one saw anything in console or chat about them being muted. all they saw was me unmuting cyber, and then envy unmuting half the server

DeadEyeDeNNi$
09-30-2010, 11:46 AM
This sounds like a job for.......

http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/images/avatars/Code_Geass/cg02_chesspiece.gif

acolyte_to_jippity
09-30-2010, 11:53 AM
This sounds like a job for.......

http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/images/avatars/Code_Geass/cg02_chesspiece.gif

i think it's just a glitch in mani. for some reason, it looks like mani muted abunch of people when i unmuted cyber (i didn't know he was muted, he had messeged me asking if i could hear him in-game and i said no, then i tried to unmute him on a hunch) with the @mute cyber command.

CYBER
10-03-2010, 05:58 AM
actually, when i joined at first, i didnt know i was muted till i started typing
bcos i didnt have neither voice or audio avaiable...but even typing didnt work... so then by the time aco unmuted me, i noticed smthn was off...
not sure who did it , but i didnt mute myself, and i didnt make a big deal out of it bcos at first i thought it was "leftover" from the admin war i had with someone a couple days back at 6 am ( we were the only ones on server) and so i thought i was still muted since then...but then i remembered talking to ppl on ibis in game after that day, and that i was sure i unmuted myself then...so it wasnt the issue..not sure what happened really... but either mani is fucking up, or someone has been toying around with us... its been happeneing quite a few times recently...

NOTE to ketchup: i wasnt in a conflict or argueing on the server btw... i couldnt even argue since i had no voice remmeber?:P i was only typing and didnt even care about the mute thing since i needed to confirm with that other admin first;P
oh well...