PDA

View Full Version : tk punishment menu

hallwagner
09-28-2010, 09:17 PM
the teamkill punishment menu option should be removed from the server. it does no good at all, it only causes problems and issues. if some1 accidentally teamkills, they should not be punished at all, half of my "teamkills" are because retarts decide to walk in front of my bullets or intentionally get in the way of a target im trying to shoot. they then decide to slay me or choose some other retarded punishment for me because of their mistake. if someone intenionally teamkills, they should be warned and if the teamkills continue the punishments should exponentially rise to more serious ones such as kicks and bans. its just ridiculous how many fags seem to intentionally want to be teamkilled so they can slay you

Mrs. Xen_Warrior
09-28-2010, 09:29 PM
I agree, it says in chat when a player is team attacking and the admins should just be able to watch for excessive team attacking and take any action as needed. This would also eliminate the problem of people slaying for grenade round because they are a n00b.

Envy
09-28-2010, 09:36 PM
I disagree, If you don't suck then pull your shots. Yeah sometimes shit happens. Hall in your case I think you get slayed frequently because you have an abrasive personality.

One of the good things is FF. It forces you to actually pay attention to what's going on around you.

Mrs. Xen_Warrior
09-28-2010, 10:14 PM
I disagree, If you don't suck then pull your shots. Yeah sometimes shit happens. Hall in your case I think you get slayed frequently because you have an abrasive personality.

One of the good things is FF. It forces you to actually pay attention to what's going on around you.

I don't have a problem team killing, if my team mate walks in front of me I stop shooting.

acolyte_to_jippity
09-28-2010, 10:15 PM
hall, stop bitching.

leave it as is.

Vladninja
09-28-2010, 10:37 PM
Also what would you do if someone was tking on purpose and no admins where on?

This menu may be annoying at times but isn't really a problem and is definitely there for a reason.

@dded... try saying your sorry and you may get slayd less...

jssaylor2007
09-28-2010, 11:41 PM
It is a bit frustrating getting slain for nade round, but what is the point of FF on if there are no consequences for shooting your team?

acolyte_to_jippity
09-28-2010, 11:53 PM
it is a bit frustrating getting slain for nade round, but what is the point of ff on if there are no consequences for shooting your team?

+++++++++++1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This!!!!!!!!

XX0wnsXY
09-29-2010, 01:13 AM
I agree that the slay menu should stay as is. sometimes i just want to take my frustrations out! grrrrr. haha. seriously though, knife on nade round or don't participae in warmup if you fear getting slayed. otherwise, shit happens.

hallwagner
09-29-2010, 02:05 AM
It is a bit frustrating getting slain for nade round, but what is the point of FF on if there are no consequences for shooting your team?

theres a difference between shooting your teamate mulitiple times on purpose than acidentally shooting them when they run around a corner or when they walk in front of you when your in the middle of shooting at someone else. most of my tk's are when some stupid fuck decides to walk in front of me when im shooting when he has like 20 hp, then decides to slay you for his stupidity. there is no reason at all a tk punishment should be installed. admins not being there is not a problem for me since i have like 30 on my friends list. the problem is people slaying you for their dumbass mistakes

Ketchup
09-29-2010, 02:33 AM
the teamkill punishment menu option should be removed from the server. it does no good at all, it only causes problems and issues. if some1 accidentally teamkills, they should not be punished at all, half of my "teamkills" are because retarts decide to walk in front of my bullets or intentionally get in the way of a target im trying to shoot. they then decide to slay me or choose some other retarded punishment for me because of their mistake. if someone intenionally teamkills, they should be warned and if the teamkills continue the punishments should exponentially rise to more serious ones such as kicks and bans. its just ridiculous how many fags seem to intentionally want to be teamkilled so they can slay you

Agreed the only person or persons who should have that power are those who are admins!

jssaylor2007
09-29-2010, 12:23 PM
theres a difference between shooting your teamate mulitiple times on purpose than acidentally shooting them when they run around a corner or when they walk in front of you when your in the middle of shooting at someone else. most of my tk's are when some stupid fuck decides to walk in front of me when im shooting when he has like 20 hp, then decides to slay you for his stupidity. there is no reason at all a tk punishment should be installed. admins not being there is not a problem for me since i have like 30 on my friends list. the problem is people slaying you for their dumbass mistakes

The problem is that there is no way for the server to differentiate between a puposeful spiteful TK and an accidental/dumbass teammate with 5 hp strafing in front of you TK. The only way I could think of improving the system would be a kind of TK tally system where say for each TK the pubishment gets worse. 1 kill slap 2 kill slap harder, 3 kill slapeveb harder up to 5 kill slay kind of thing

hallwagner
09-29-2010, 12:56 PM
The problem is that there is no way for the server to differentiate between a puposeful spiteful TK and an accidental/dumbass teammate with 5 hp strafing in front of you TK. The only way I could think of improving the system would be a kind of TK tally system where say for each TK the pubishment gets worse. 1 kill slap 2 kill slap harder, 3 kill slapeveb harder up to 5 kill slay kind of thing

there is a very easy way for it to differentiate between them, let the admins do their jobs and take away that uneeded mod

XX0wnsXY
09-29-2010, 03:10 PM
there is a very easy way for it to differentiate between them, let the admins do their jobs and take away that uneeded mod

If you take away the mod, you might as well take away friendly fire. You already bitch enough about how admins don't do their job, what about if the menu was taken away? I could only imagine the fire that would light under your ass to bitch at every opportunity. No thanks.

acolyte_to_jippity
09-29-2010, 03:23 PM
If you take away the mod, you might as well take away friendly fire. You already bitch enough about how admins don't do their job, what about if the menu was taken away? I could only imagine the fire that would light under your ass to bitch at every opportunity. No thanks.

she has a very valid point hall.

hallwagner
09-29-2010, 03:55 PM
she has a very valid point hall.

no she doesnt. admins arent doing their jobs, correct. my point is that they should do their jobs. the tk punishment is a worthless mod, and if admins dont want to do their jobs, and be lazy fucks, then they can expect to be slayed for every teamkill no matter how accidental or minor it was. slays after nade round, fuck yes, intenionally walking on front of you while your shooting, yea ill do that.

XX0wnsXY
09-29-2010, 04:16 PM
no she doesnt. admins arent doing their jobs, correct. my point is that they should do their jobs. the tk punishment is a worthless mod, and if admins dont want to do their jobs, and be lazy fucks, then they can expect to be slayed for every teamkill no matter how accidental or minor it was. slays after nade round, fuck yes, intenionally walking on front of you while your shooting, yea ill do that.

Go for it and quit your bitchin'!

hallwagner
09-29-2010, 05:35 PM
Go for it and quit your bitchin'!

i will, dont you worry

acolyte_to_jippity
09-29-2010, 06:29 PM

hall, if i find you intentionally walking in front of people so you can slay them, i will remove you for griefing.

stop being kavinsky. stop bitching.

DJ_MikeyRevile
09-29-2010, 06:52 PM
You know what happens in real life when a retared runs in from of your bullets like a retard.

The person shooting gets a consequence.

Control your fire and stop spraying.

Define an admin here at ibis as "doing there job." i can only assume your definition is along the lines of.. SLAY SLAY BAN SLAY RACIAL SLUR BAN SLAY ... GET BANNED....BECOME A LINGERING ANNOYANCE TO COMMUNITY.

this dosnt sound like a very good job at admining at all.. tisk tisk

orrrr keep it the way it is and keep a sense of morals... Apologize and hope fore forgiveness this thread sopunds like a way to avoide apologizing for a TK regardless if they were at fault.

hallwagner
09-29-2010, 07:05 PM
hall, if i find you intentionally walking in front of people so you can slay them, i will remove you for griefing.

stop being kavinsky. stop bitching.
you and mikeys comment contradict themselves, i walk in front of some1 firing, who are you to differentiate if i did it purposely or not, im just saying anybody who teamkills me is getting slayed, regardless of the situation.

You know what happens in real life when a retared runs in from of your bullets like a retard.

The person shooting gets a consequence.

Control your fire and stop spraying.

Define an admin here at ibis as "doing there job." i can only assume your definition is along the lines of.. SLAY SLAY BAN SLAY RACIAL SLUR BAN SLAY ... GET BANNED....BECOME A LINGERING ANNOYANCE TO COMMUNITY.

this dosnt sound like a very good job at admining at all.. tisk tisk

orrrr keep it the way it is and keep a sense of morals... Apologize and hope fore forgiveness this thread sopunds like a way to avoide apologizing for a TK regardless if they were at fault.

spraying is not the problem and you know that, its people that walk in front of your gun when ur firing, most times youll hit them with at least 1 bullet, even the best players teamkills in this sense. there is almost no way anybody can react that fast to some retard walking in front of you

DJ_MikeyRevile
09-29-2010, 07:39 PM
you and mikeys comment contradict themselves, i walk in front of some1 firing, who are you to differentiate if i did it purposely or not, im just saying anybody who teamkills me is getting slayed, regardless of the situation.

spraying is not the problem and you know that, its people that walk in front of your gun when ur firing, most times youll hit them with at least 1 bullet, even the best players teamkills in this sense. there is almost no way anybody can react that fast to some retard walking in front of you

so like in real life, the retards consequence is that he was killed by his faulty actions, and the shooters consequence is murder or if pleaded well, manslaughter.

now im sure if you apologized for teamkilling regardless if it weas his fault or yours they would be more forgiving.

hallwagner
09-29-2010, 09:00 PM
so like in real life, the retards consequence is that he was killed by his faulty actions, and the shooters consequence is murder or if pleaded well, manslaughter.

now im sure if you apologized for teamkilling regardless if it weas his fault or yours they would be more forgiving.

the fact that i always apologize makes me think that wont matter

acolyte_to_jippity
09-29-2010, 09:13 PM
intenionally walking on front of you while your shooting, yea ill do that.

right there you fucker. i can differentiate based on what you said you'd do.

hallwagner
09-30-2010, 12:31 PM
right there you fucker. i can differentiate based on what you said you'd do.

that doesnt mean anything all....fine maybe i wont play when admins are on, someone else said thats what the tk menu is for. plus, numerous people have stated that others should "watch their fire" or something similar, maybe if i walk in front of someone they should watch their fire. its obviously not my fault that they shoot 1 round of ammunition at me and do 10 dmg and i slay them. (sarcastic)

Nemesis
10-04-2010, 11:01 AM
not sure if it helps, but if a teammate walks infront of me while i'm shooting the only reason i let up is because of the slay menu.

Fish
10-06-2010, 10:48 AM
What burns my asshole is when people stand INSIDE me since noblock is on, and I cant shoot cause Ill kill the little tard. Then I end up getting killed cause I cant shoot at the guy shooting me. This usually happens so fast I cant move out of the way fast enough.

I rarely slay. Usually if I do, its an after round so no level is lost, or the person is a douce bag that has slayed other people after they said they were sorry.

Pseudo Idol
10-06-2010, 07:04 PM
What burns my asshole is when people stand INSIDE me since noblock is on, and I cant shoot cause Ill kill the little tard. Then I end up getting killed cause I cant shoot at the guy shooting me. This usually happens so fast I cant move out of the way fast enough.

There are certain locations on maps where this really bites me. Like on complex when I try to snipe down that long hall and someone just runs through me from behind right as I shoot.

I don't have a problem with the punishment menu except for Blinding a player, which doesn't work anymore.

If I tk someone, I say I'm sorry and they forgive me usually. If someone tk's me, I will either forgive or turn them into a beacon if they were dumb about it. I slay on occasion when someone really pisses me off.

hallwagner
10-06-2010, 07:21 PM

maybe we should take away friendly fire, it really does no good.

bloodwolfe
10-13-2010, 02:01 AM
I want the teamkill menu to stay there, I'll do my own judgement. If someone exploiting the system, I let the admin's know.

SHADY V1RU5
11-05-2010, 03:27 PM
in both aspects it does good and hurts but i think keepin the tk menu is good and does help when u have ignorant ppl that purposely tk. however if its after the round there shouldnt be a tk menu i think it should be a rule to forgive if its after the round but thats my opinion ;p still a great server.

Solarsoul
11-10-2010, 11:14 AM
Hall, even though you have "30" admins on your friends list not everyone else does. each person cant go whine to an admin about getting teamkilled. this is good for when admins arent in the server and "youre not in there to get an admin to come" if i wasnt an admin and i was playing and someone teamkilled me every round i would want to have consequences for them it would suck if someone could come in and tk non stop with no consequences. and to fix this you can take ff off but then the game gets worse, because i like playing with the sense of reality this game is fun with ff. if you have such a probelm with the slay menu in our server go to another one i dont think to many people will mind. FF is staying on in GG regardless of whether you post or complain about it. Gore mod is the only mod that needs to come off.

Hai
11-11-2010, 06:29 PM
Only thing I feel needs to be "Changed" to the tk menu is only allow so many "forgives" within x amount of time, if thats possible. Way too many people get away with TK after TK.

SHADY V1RU5
11-12-2010, 08:37 PM
agreed with hai its true but it really is apparent that it is up to the individual to decide to slay or forgive.