PDA

View Full Version : Aion

XX0wnsXY
10-07-2010, 03:13 PM
I played aion since the open beta release, and at first, I was unsure of what I thought about the game. I played my character to level 50 and quit sometime in march because the lack of end-game content was unreal! Then, a couple of weeks ago, I began to play again, because they had two massive updates...and let me just say..WOW!!!!!! The addition of content is crazy! I feel like I'm playing a new game because there is so much to do. Everything that was there already had been improved as well ... the LFG system, the Brokers, Crafting, etc. Plus the addition of new instances, better armor, etc.

What do you guys thing about this game? I know a lot of people on my friends list never play..but is there anyone here who does?

maynard
10-07-2010, 03:20 PM
graphically the most stunning MMO ive ever seen.

don't really remember why I stopped playing it.

XX0wnsXY
10-07-2010, 03:53 PM
graphically the most stunning MMO ive ever seen.

don't really remember why I stopped playing it.

I know why I quit, and at the time I felt like if they didn't do something major, i wouldn't come back. I actually just broke down my lvl 51 character (51 since I started playing again) and sold everything to give to my new character, because I felt like jumping back on my high level was just too much. I was lost...so much had changed and I felt like I knew nothing. I'm starting over new and enjoying the game fresh.

mag36
10-08-2010, 05:57 AM
Thought i might try it out any way to get a free Trial game for a few days ?

Jeimuzu
10-08-2010, 12:33 PM
Looked amazing but I refuse to pay monthly for games I've already bought.

Solarsoul
10-08-2010, 08:08 PM
agreed if they want someone to play a game and pay for it then the original price should be the same as the month to month payments. but it does look great. has anyone played SRO (silkroad online) its quite amazing as well its free to play but unless u buy premmy tickets for the month your not likely to get into a server. it is better than wow it just got outta control though all the damn bots

XX0wnsXY
10-09-2010, 05:40 AM
I think that the price monthly can be a bit much if you don't enjoy the game as much as those happy to pay it, but I love the game so much, that 14 a month is nothing to me. They have added so much stuff since I last played, and the updates keep coming, so It's worth it to me.

I can invite you guys to a short trial of the game (lvl 7 is the cap) if you want to try it, although I must say, that the cap of lvl 7 is not even beginning to scratch the surface of such an involved game.

mag36
10-09-2010, 09:08 AM
I think that the price monthly can be a bit much if you don't enjoy the game as much as those happy to pay it, but I love the game so much, that 14 a month is nothing to me. They have added so much stuff since I last played, and the updates keep coming, so It's worth it to me.

I can invite you guys to a short trial of the game (lvl 7 is the cap) if you want to try it, although I must say, that the cap of lvl 7 is not even beginning to scratch the surface of such an involved game.

Ill give anything a try and see how it is

Fluffy Frufflebottoms
10-10-2010, 10:15 AM
I considered picking it up after asking you about it, but then ArenaNet released a bunch of stuff for Guild Wars meant to tie it in with Guild Wars 2, so I've been entirely occupied on the online RPG front. :( If you still have an invite, I'd love to try it out, though.

maynard
10-10-2010, 04:54 PM
14 a month is nothing to me.

it generally is 2 any 1 with a job lawl.. that's what I don't get about ppl who bitch about mmo's having monthly fees.... it's 15 dollars? come on lol, ppl on wellfare can afford that shit lol.

+mmo's don't end, they constantly have new content, weapons, quests, instances, and blah blah blah being made for them constantly... hence the monthly fee... and it's beyond worth it imo.

mag36
10-10-2010, 10:50 PM
it generally is 2 any 1 with a job lawl.. that's what I don't get about ppl who bitch about mmo's having monthly fees.... it's 15 dollars? come on lol, ppl on wellfare can afford that shit lol.

+mmo's don't end, they constantly have new content, weapons, quests, instances, and blah blah blah being made for them constantly... hence the monthly fee... and it's beyond worth it imo.

I would be fine with something like that paying 15 bucks for an always changing game.
Just dont want to pay 60 bucks for a game that only good for one month then have to pay another 15 to slowly level up and stuff.
Id rather them give one free week or two. see if Im into the MMO then every month after. you pay a fee. 60 buck is like paying for 4 months already just to find out its not what your into.

I used to always rent games with gamefly on console, if i liked it i bought it. If not I returned it within that month and 15 bucks wasnt that big of a deal. Problem is you can really rent PC games. Sure you got demos but thats not really the whole scope of the game.

Fireye
10-11-2010, 10:24 AM
I played Aion at release, for about 6 months or so. It was nothing but an uncomfortable korean grindfest for me. I hear that they've made improvements on the game since then, so I've been tempted to go back and play it.

I know that there was a big teaser a year or so ago for a huge graphics upgrade, did that ever come to pass?

XX0wnsXY
10-11-2010, 02:16 PM
I played Aion at release, for about 6 months or so. It was nothing but an uncomfortable korean grindfest for me. I hear that they've made improvements on the game since then, so I've been tempted to go back and play it.

I know that there was a big teaser a year or so ago for a huge graphics upgrade, did that ever come to pass?

I've never heard of a graphics update. That is something that Aion doesn't need...the graphics are amazing. It is not a grind fest anymore, they have added tons and tons of new features with 3 different major patches now, with new XP quests and perks.

Fireye
10-11-2010, 06:52 PM
I've never heard of a graphics update. That is something that Aion doesn't need...the graphics are amazing. It is not a grind fest anymore, they have added tons and tons of new features with 3 different major patches now, with new XP quests and perks.

Actually, it runs on an ancient version of it's graphics engine. The promised graphics update would put it up to a more current version, and introduce a lot of nicities. Check this out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PAM0wr7cZ8&hd=1

Apparently it was a "Hmm, we COULD do this, but no firm plans" thing. Meh.

XX0wnsXY
10-11-2010, 11:42 PM
Actually, it runs on an ancient version of it's graphics engine. The promised graphics update would put it up to a more current version, and introduce a lot of nicities. Check this out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PAM0wr7cZ8&hd=1

Apparently it was a "Hmm, we COULD do this, but no firm plans" thing. Meh.

Cool shit!

DJ_MikeyRevile
10-12-2010, 02:24 AM
I considered picking it up after asking you about it, but then ArenaNet released a bunch of stuff for Guild Wars meant to tie it in with Guild Wars 2, so I've been entirely occupied on the online RPG front. :( If you still have an invite, I'd love to try it out, though.

OMFG BROOO F list meeee Mikeyrevile

GReAT Graphics Great Build set that allow your character to be unique and duiffrent from the rest. and the monsters are all diffrent. none of that.. same outlined monster with diffrent colored skin shit.

Aion is great iv played on a Private server for awhile to try it out.

if at the time i was finacialy unstable but id of paid for it to. but now im waiting for GW 2.

Edit: after watching that video... i feel like a complete DOUCHE BAG!!!!!! for playing on a private server...
i should be paying for a mmorpg like that if you have the ability TO BUILD YOUR OWN TOWNS AND HOUSES AND SHIT!!!! im king of MMORPG's id be top dog in a min!

D-Monic
11-05-2010, 11:24 AM
I actually do play this. Yes they made a lot of good changes but for the most part the changes were to the PvE aspect of the game. One of the coolest thing about the game before 2.0 was the rifting PvP. They have completly destroyed any PvP accept in the abyss which gives some classes an advantage and some classes a disadvantage. The abyss is an open PvP area you can fly anywhere in, which results in ppl flying away when pvp comes. Some melee classes have a problem tryin to fight when ppl fly away. Specially the Assassin class. Anyway........ yea they fixed it so it doesnt feel so grindy and there is more kinah and more drops than before. But how do you plan on a having a PvP game when the PvP is broken? Don't get me wrong I do think all of you should try this atleast for the month you get after purchase. The epic fort battles and the world bosses are pretty fun to fight. No they haven't bumped the graphics up like they show in the Aion Vision video. But they said to have A Lot more to come. OOOOO in all my babbling I forgot to tell you how the rifting PvP is broken, if you are an asmodian for example and you rift over to Eltnen the Elyos have a 80% def. buff......WTF I've seen 4 Elyos fighting a a lvl 38 Asmo temp and not be able to kill him because of the buff. Instead this guy stands there a types into LFG "hey could someone come kill these Elyos they are too high for me to kill but they can't kill me".....gogo NCSoft :) Im done ranting lol

XX0wnsXY
11-05-2010, 10:57 PM
I actually do play this. Yes they made a lot of good changes but for the most part the changes were to the PvE aspect of the game. One of the coolest thing about the game before 2.0 was the rifting PvP. They have completly destroyed any PvP accept in the abyss which gives some classes an advantage and some classes a disadvantage. The abyss is an open PvP area you can fly anywhere in, which results in ppl flying away when pvp comes. Some melee classes have a problem tryin to fight when ppl fly away. Specially the Assassin class. Anyway........ yea they fixed it so it doesnt feel so grindy and there is more kinah and more drops than before. But how do you plan on a having a PvP game when the PvP is broken? Don't get me wrong I do think all of you should try this atleast for the month you get after purchase. The epic fort battles and the world bosses are pretty fun to fight. No they haven't bumped the graphics up like they show in the Aion Vision video. But they said to have A Lot more to come. OOOOO in all my babbling I forgot to tell you how the rifting PvP is broken, if you are an asmodian for example and you rift over to Eltnen the Elyos have a 80% def. buff......WTF I've seen 4 Elyos fighting a a lvl 38 Asmo temp and not be able to kill him because of the buff. Instead this guy stands there a types into LFG "hey could someone come kill these Elyos they are too high for me to kill but they can't kill me".....gogo NCSoft :) Im done ranting lol

I agree with what you say about PvP, especially the rifting PvP buff. However, I think they'll soon fix that due to a recent survey they had about it, asking what everyone thought. I think it's a general consensus that it sucks. Melee classes do have a disadvantage in PvP, that will hopefully be addressed. I hated PvP with my chanter, and it wasn't until I got my lvl 50 skill that is a ranged attack that I started to enjoy PvP. I think NCSoft have done a decent job at fixing what the players thought were the biggest issues, and have faith that they will continue to do so.