PDA

View Full Version : Friendly Fire

Amon
10-12-2010, 09:15 PM
Hey,

I don't know how other people feel. The TKing on the pub can get out of hand and it's aggravating trying to settle it. Would it be so horrible if we just remove friendly fire from the server?

acolyte_to_jippity
10-12-2010, 10:01 PM
Hey,

I don't know how other people feel. The TKing on the pub can get out of hand and it's aggravating trying to settle it. Would it be so horrible if we just remove friendly fire from the server?

yes .

Perry
10-13-2010, 02:01 AM
no. if anything needs the slay menu from GG.

and the camping thing we were talking about

acolyte_to_jippity
10-13-2010, 10:29 AM
no. if anything needs the slay menu from GG.

and the camping thing we were talking about

to clarify, my yes was in answer to the "Would it be so horrible if we just remove friendly fire from the server?" question.

Amon
10-13-2010, 12:00 PM
to clarify, my yes was in answer to the "Would it be so horrible if we just remove friendly fire from the server?" question.

well that's all fine and dandy, but all I can see from having friendly fire on is losing population. I get msg'd constantly with people asking me to come in and deal with TKers. More so than hackers.

TBH: I like having friendly fire on. However, with all the hassle it just doesn't seem worth it. People will be assholes just cause they can.

*EDIT* It certainly ruins my fun, and makes me want to avoid the pub. Even though I love the pub.

acolyte_to_jippity
10-13-2010, 01:12 PM
well that's all fine and dandy, but all I can see from having friendly fire on is losing population. I get msg'd constantly with people asking me to come in and deal with TKers. More so than hackers.

TBH: I like having friendly fire on. However, with all the hassle it just doesn't seem worth it. People will be assholes just cause they can.

*EDIT* It certainly ruins my fun, and makes me want to avoid the pub. Even though I love the pub.

...what's wrong w/ dealing w/ tkers?

warn, kick, next time, they sit out for a day.

easy

hallwagner
10-13-2010, 02:17 PM

easy

its still fucking stupid...same with ff in gg....no need for it

acolyte_to_jippity
10-13-2010, 02:21 PM
its still fucking stupid...same with ff in gg....no need for it

learn 2 identify

Amon
10-13-2010, 02:46 PM

easy

i don't think you see where i'm coming from, or you're just trying to play devils advocate. If it was a limited few that TK every once in awhile then yea that's fine. But there have been days where it's constantly tking from many people causing me to not even play for rounds at a time. Then you get people who TK in 1 session then disco as soon as they can.

Also, what did you think I was doing?

acolyte_to_jippity
10-13-2010, 02:49 PM
i don't think you see where i'm coming from, or you're just trying to play devils advocate. If it was a limited few that TK every once in awhile then yea that's fine. But there have been days where it's constantly tking from many people causing me to not even play for rounds at a time. Then you get people who TK in 1 session then disco as soon as they can.

i'm not playing devils advocate. i'm simply saying that ff deserves to be on gg and pub.

THE HOLY SH**T!
10-13-2010, 03:32 PM
i'm not playing devils advocate. i'm simply saying that ff deserves to be on gg and pub.

do u must troll every thread... i dont think theres a thread within the last 6 months without atleast 5 post of yours.

hallwagner
10-13-2010, 05:40 PM
learn 2 identify

still fucking retarded regardless of whether i know if they're ct or t, it still happens, and does no good what so ever

-=NYS=- C.O.
10-17-2010, 04:58 PM
still fucking retarded regardless of whether i know if they're ct or t, it still happens, and does no good what so ever

Actually you're retarded. FF has been on PUB for years. Yet, it hasn't died. When have you started to play in IBIS ? Now STFU.

hallwagner
10-17-2010, 05:42 PM
Actually you're retarded. FF has been on PUB for years. Yet, it hasn't died. When have you started to play in IBIS ? Now STFU.

september 2008 fyi. i didnt say it was recent either, just that its stupid.

SCRIBBLE
10-17-2010, 09:21 PM
I enjoy having ff on in PUB. There aren't TOO many incidents of tkers that aren't dealt with appropriately.

Solarsoul
10-18-2010, 01:28 PM
FF makes the game more interesting, and it adds to the realistic aspect of Counter-Terrorist v Terrorist, if you dont like FF then play somewhere else.

whytboiz33
10-18-2010, 02:22 PM
learn 2 identify

i actually 100% agree with you.

its CSS and its part of the game. go be a nub on a 24/7 dust2 nub server if yo u dont want FF.

whytboiz33
10-18-2010, 02:23 PM
double post:

this whole TK bullshit hasent become a problem since we've had so many mod freaks start playing here. sicne when is this no longer CS:S?? now its GG, or its WCS.

stop reffering to the PUB as a CSS mod... its not a CSS mod... its CS:S

Perry
10-18-2010, 03:17 PM
umad?

SCRIBBLE
10-18-2010, 06:03 PM
double post:

this whole TK bullshit hasent become a problem since we've had so many mod freaks start playing here. sicne when is this no longer CS:S?? now its GG, or its WCS.

stop reffering to the PUB as a CSS mod... its not a CSS mod... its CS:S

:wtg::wtg: agreed 150%

Get out of PUB if you think GG, ZM, or WCS should be the standard.

hallwagner
10-18-2010, 06:06 PM
scribble[nuke];89104']:wtg::wtg: agreed 150%

Get out of PUB if you think GG, ZM, or WCS should be the standard.

pubs way to fucking boring though.....its like all i did for a couple years, why the fuck would i want to go back? lol

-=NYS=- C.O.
10-19-2010, 06:20 AM
september 2008 fyi. i didnt say it was recent either, just that its stupid.

Maybe FF can be taken off for GG, not for pub.

Bumpkin
10-19-2010, 07:44 AM
pubs way to fucking boring though.....its like all i did for a couple years, why the fuck would i want to go back? lol

It may be boring to you, but It's life to others.

And for once, I think I'll agree with the clanners.

I feel so weird when i don't receive anal on a daily basis...by NYSs' pink fluffy dildo.

hallwagner
10-19-2010, 01:41 PM
Maybe FF can be taken off for GG, not for pub.

i would like that, although sometimes it can be fun and challenging, theres always that one asshole who steps in front of you and you accidentally shoot him once and he slays you for tk. no offense, but gg is a much more fast paced game and its more difficult to hold your fire all the time in gg because of the fast paced game and style of the maps

edit: but this is for the gg section :p

Bumpkin
10-20-2010, 06:27 PM
Nice one, NYS pookie-bear.

Kavinsky
10-20-2010, 09:09 PM
Here we go again.

whytboiz33
10-21-2010, 03:40 PM
are all of you idiots blind?

if you are calling "PUB" boring, thats interchangable with calling "CSS" boring.

this is what you are saying... "CSS is boring". you are the type of people who are not happy with cocain, you had to move on to heroin.

acolyte_to_jippity
10-21-2010, 03:45 PM
are all of you idiots blind?

if you are calling "PUB" boring, thats interchangable with calling "CSS" boring.

this is what you are saying... "CSS is boring". you are the type of people who are not happy with cocain, you had to move on to heroin.

i do find regular css boring. but i don't think less of people who play it. to each their own. i enjoy the mods far more.

whytboiz33
10-21-2010, 03:53 PM
i do find regular css boring. but i don't think less of people who play it. to each their own. i enjoy the mods far more.

the sad truth that most of you do not know is this;

CS is a mod from HL. and it was such a leet mod that it became a game.

ZM and GG are mods of CSS. they are not leet enough to become their own game.

acolyte_to_jippity
10-21-2010, 03:58 PM
the sad truth that most of you do not know is this;

CS is a mod from HL. and it was such a leet mod that it became a game.

ZM and GG are mods of CSS. they are not leet enough to become their own game.

i know how the progression went.
I also know that gg and zm are not their own game. however, just because some people thought that vanillia cs deserved to be its own game does not mean that everyone loves it.

ricochet
01-23-2011, 12:04 PM
I think the best option is to come up with a way to turn it off via a vote similar to how map changes are brought up via RTV.

I deal with TK'rs and team attackers VERY VERY aggressively.

BaL-|-imore
02-07-2011, 04:01 PM
FF/On was the ENTIRE reason I started playing on the Pub#1 server.

It's common knowledge that FF/On servers are for skill players. While FF/Off servers are for the kids and baddies, who need training wheels to play.

devour
02-07-2011, 04:49 PM
FF/On was the ENTIRE reason I started playing on the Pub#1 server.

It's common knowledge that FF/On servers are for skill players. While FF/Off servers are for the kids and baddies, who need training wheels to play.

^ has it