PDA

View Full Version : curious

grayhat
10-29-2010, 06:14 PM
i have a request to be un-permanently muted.

i was cs:s ibis pub # 1 when i went to buy an awp, and i said on mic, 'oh, awps are completely restricted?'. i used to believe that they allowed 1 awp per team, but i obviously mixed that up with other servers on my favorites.

upon asking this question, some player angrily* responded "yeah awps are for fucking faggots" to which i replied "that is an ignorant and retarded statement"

for the life of me, i cannot recall who it was who said that, but immediately, i received fervent responses via the microphone from several players, the only one that stood out that i can remember is "what's retarded is calling an admin retarded".

i then said, calmly as usual [ i was pretty high and docile at the time, like i always am, unlike the primitive apes howling on the mic in defense of the no-awp policy ], "i said the statement itself was retarded, not the person who said it". what happened after that was astonishing, at least 6 random players whom i cannot name exclaimed "ban this guy!" amongst other things.

after a mere few more calm statements trying to simply defend myself, and not offend anyone, i was muted - not the hoard of needlessly angry folk who were howling, shouting, mic spamming, calling names, cursing me out etc.

how am i supposed to be able to single out the voice of an admin amongst a half-dozen people talking on the mic at once - or to know who is an admin and who is not to begin with? it seems my statement was a simple impersonal disagreement with the angry comment, no matter who it was, essentially calling me a faggot in response to a simple mundane question about the server.

i was even shot at by a teammate the next round for having an opinion [ again, i'll mention how seemingly innocent and impersonal my question and comment were, a contrast to the angry, almost hateful responses i got in return ], so i TK'd him - he was jeopardizing my conflict with an enemy on cat - it was a 2 second deviation from trying to kill the T on cat - after i killed him he pretended that it was an accident. had i not killed him, i think he might just have tk'd me.

i know i am posting here as a plea to become un-muted - most of the time, i do enjoy talking with people in the server, but it seems at 'prime-time' for cs:s in the evening, the server is flooded with ignorant, opinionated, delusional, arrogant and obnoxious folk, not to mention admins who abuse the wrong people [ i observed quite a few - more than one - unnecessary slayings, when in fact, unbiased, the other person in that conflict was the one meriting punishment ].

if anything, along with my plea for being un-muted, i guess this is just a consciousness raiser, that perhaps admin abuse might be an issue? i have but a handful of servers on my favorites, this being one - which says a lot, i try to avoid conflict and childish bullshit as best as possible.

please understand that i mean no disrespect and, i would imagine, a forum is a good place to discuss such matters about one of your most visited favorite servers

acolyte_to_jippity
10-29-2010, 06:20 PM
tl;dr he's very very sorry for calling an admin retarded

how do you know it's perma? and the number of awps/team depends on number of players in-server

grayhat
10-29-2010, 06:25 PM
tl;dr he's very very sorry for calling an admin retarded

how do you know it's perma? and the number of awps/team depends on number of players in-server

i had rejoined, and also a map change happened and i still could not type anything. i assume it is permanent?

also, thank you for that answer - nobody even came close to a legitimate response.

acolyte_to_jippity
10-29-2010, 06:36 PM
i had rejoined, and also a map change happened and i still could not type anything. i assume it is permanent?

also, thank you for that answer - nobody even came close to a legitimate response.

mutes are much stronger now. if you're mute for an hour, you do not talk until that hour is up. even reconnecting or switching maps doesn't do shit for you. unless you're damn sure you were perma'd it will wear off when it wears off.