PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty Black Ops

-=NYS=- C.O.
11-08-2010, 09:50 PM
Who's buying it. PC or XBOX ? I just bought it for PC.

maynard
11-08-2010, 10:18 PM
I wana try it.... but I feel like it's just gonna be a bad company 2 ripoff.. think ill see if I can find a torrent and try it out first.

let me know if it's any good

๖ReS
11-08-2010, 10:42 PM
NYS I'm getting it for PC too :D

whytboiz33
11-08-2010, 10:47 PM
it looks like im getting it for both systems.

maynard
11-08-2010, 10:49 PM
"Zombies!: Fan favorite Zombie mode is back providing endless hours of Zombie-slaying entertainment, solo or Co-Op"

well shit... now I kinda wana get it.

-=NYS=- C.O.
11-08-2010, 11:56 PM
I wana try it.... but I feel like it's just gonna be a bad company 2 ripoff.. think ill see if I can find a torrent and try it out first.

let me know if it's any good

I'll definitely let you know if its any good. I wanna test out my NVIDIA 260.

NYS I'm getting it for PC too :D

Are you planning to play multiplayer ? Add me if you are.

it looks like im getting it for both systems.

That's a good boy. LOL !

"Zombies!: Fan favorite Zombie mode is back providing endless hours of Zombie-slaying entertainment, solo or Co-Op"

well shit... now I kinda wana get it.

That's right !! I'm sure its better than CSS ZMOD. LOL !

Curdy
11-09-2010, 12:37 AM
getting it for the gungame and story to

Tickle Me Emo
11-09-2010, 06:19 PM
Bought for PC. So far single player is sweet; haven't had time to go online or try zombies yet.

Jeimuzu
11-09-2010, 08:58 PM
"zombies!: Fan favorite zombie mode is back providing endless hours of zombie-slaying entertainment, solo or co-op"

well shit... Now i kinda wana get it.

....... To google!

Rapedollar$
11-09-2010, 11:55 PM
pc. storyline rocks, still havnt hopped on zombie or multi yet.

-=NYS=- C.O.
11-10-2010, 08:39 AM
pc. storyline rocks, still havnt hopped on zombie or multi yet.

I'm up to shooting down the missile. For some reason I can't shoot the damn thing down. I tried the multiplayer and i'm horrible. I'm so used to CSS. COD requires more buttons to use in gameplay. Its ok.

anex
11-10-2010, 11:42 AM
I grabbed it for pc. Seems really glitchy to me for some reason. I had to restart the first level from the beginning because I got glitched into a door after I killed Castro. Vietnam pissed me off with the barrels. Still haven't gotten past that part.

I like the multiplayer. Demolition is nice and fast paced. Is it just me, or is there no gungame? I tried to find one and start my own gungame match but there was no option for it. I like how you have to buy upgrades.

NYS you probably figured it out already, but if you didn't, there is a rocket launcher across from the door.

-=NYS=- C.O.
11-10-2010, 12:33 PM
I grabbed it for pc. Seems really glitchy to me for some reason. I had to restart the first level from the beginning because I got glitched into a door after I killed Castro. Vietnam pissed me off with the barrels. Still haven't gotten past that part.

I like the multiplayer. Demolition is nice and fast paced. Is it just me, or is there no gungame? I tried to find one and start my own gungame match but there was no option for it. I like how you have to buy upgrades.

NYS you probably figured it out already, but if you didn't, there is a rocket launcher across from the door.

Yeah I did know. When I shoot it, I miss all the time.

anex
11-10-2010, 05:34 PM
Nm, this multiplayer is shit. Why the fuck did I spend $60 on this. I should have downloaded it. No strategy what so ever. Its all about luck.

Never again for COD.

Tickle Me Emo
11-11-2010, 02:57 PM
Well, I've played some Team Deathmatch online, and Zombies with a couple friends.

TDM is pretty much like every other CoD TDM, which is to say you kill people with guns, or explosives, or knives. It seems to me that the gameplay has a bit of a blended feel of MW1 and MW2. I haven't tried other game modes yet - my computer is barely keeping up with the game in multiplayer, so I'm waiting for some Black Friday/Cyber Monday computer upgrades to really jump in and play a lot online.

Zombies is pretty fun and hard as hell even with 3 people. I've never made it further than round 7. The maps aren't terribly large, nor are there very many of them, so I'm hoping more will be available later. Due to the relatively small size of the maps, small quantity of maps, and high difficulty of killing the zambies, it can be a bit repetitive trying to get to the end of the same levels over and over, and even when you make it to the end, not really having much to do other than spend all your money on defenses, and then die when they're overwhelmed. Overall a neat addition, but not the mode that I'll be playing primarily.

Nemesis
11-12-2010, 12:30 AM
Wow this is bullshit, they better fucking fix this soon.

-=NYS=- C.O.
11-13-2010, 04:42 PM
Yeah I did know. When I shoot it, I miss all the time.

I figured it out. Just had to aim ahead of it. Duh !

maynard
11-14-2010, 04:58 PM
I picked it up for 360 last night. I guess the IGN reviewer guy was correct when he said that black ops is like a micheal bay movie.... on steroids. games fairly decent so far.

-=NYS=- C.O.
11-14-2010, 07:05 PM
I picked it up for 360 last night. I guess the IGN reviewer guy was correct when he said that black ops is like a micheal bay movie.... on steroids. games fairly decent so far.

I have it for PC and im starting to like it...

XxMastagunzxX
11-14-2010, 08:34 PM
MW2 is better...

maynard
11-15-2010, 02:20 AM
ill never play MW2 again over black ops.

Tickle Me Emo
11-15-2010, 05:31 AM
I'll never buy another IW product that uses their terrible matchmaking system. For that alone Black Ops is ten times superior.

maynard
11-15-2010, 06:30 AM
I love the new lvling system with COD points. It's nice knowing when you get a new gun, you don't have 2 wait till a certain lvl for good attachments, you can just purchase what you want right away.

they did a lot of little things 2 really make black ops superior 2 MW. the make your own emblem shit is awesome as well. it's great that people can create there own logos n shit now.

XX0wnsXY
11-15-2010, 08:18 AM
I like the game so far. I'm having some graphical issues with the game, but haven't had time to tweak my settings.

-=NYS=- C.O.
11-15-2010, 04:19 PM
I like the game so far. I'm having some graphical issues with the game, but haven't had time to tweak my settings.

Your PC is noob.

maynard
11-15-2010, 04:23 PM
it's all about 360

XX0wnsXY
11-15-2010, 06:16 PM
Your PC is noob.

No, the opposite. it's old.

-=NYS=- C.O.
11-15-2010, 06:49 PM
it's all about 360

I refuse to play it on 360 using gay controllers.

No, the opposite. it's old.

Time for an upgrade ?

XX0wnsXY
11-15-2010, 07:36 PM

Time for an upgrade ?

Yes, in the very near future.

maynard
11-15-2010, 07:48 PM

that's normally my stance with console... but I LOVE the 360 controller... it's the best gaming controller ever designed imo... it feels nice 2 hold and it's just laid out perfectly.

I normally would have got this for PC but I already own like 4 other COD games on xbox... so keeping it alive...

Tickle Me Emo
11-15-2010, 10:44 PM
it's the best gaming controller ever designed.

I would say that it is the best CONSOLE controller ever designed, and then say the best gaming controller is a mouse and a keyboard. You just can't get anywhere near the precision or flexibility of the good old KB/M.

I've played a bit more multiplayer, and I'm noticing that there isn't much sniping going on. It seems like MW2 was much friendlier towards snipers. In Black Ops it's very difficult to snipe without getting butt-raped by rushers with SMGs or ARs. Not much good cover... in MW2 you could actually hide in tall grass and such and most people would not see you, if you played it smart (and used the right perks). Some of the maps were also larger, or maybe just more open. Doesn't bother me terribly, I just use an AR all the time, but it's something I noticed.

The spawn system is hilarious, especially on Nuketown. What a terrible map. Sit in a corner and wait for the enemies to spawn right next to you so you can rape them.

What guns/loadouts are you all liking? I'm running a FAMAS with silencer + red dot at the moment, with Ghost/Warlord/Ninja perks.

Nemesis
11-16-2010, 12:35 AM

Amen, as soon as they patch the PC version to fix the massive problems, it should make the game playable.

acolyte_to_jippity
11-16-2010, 12:49 AM
that's normally my stance with console... but I LOVE the 360 controller... it's the best gaming controller ever designed imo... it feels nice 2 hold and it's just laid out perfectly.

I normally would have got this for PC but I already own like 4 other COD games on xbox... so keeping it alive...

unrelated, but i like the old original xBox controllers. not the originial original controllers (duke controlers) but the ones they changed over to, i think they're called "S" controllers?

maynard
11-16-2010, 02:31 AM
I would say that it is the best CONSOLE controller ever designed, and then say the best gaming controller is a mouse and a keyboard. You just can't get anywhere near the precision or flexibility of the good old KB/M.

I've played a bit more multiplayer, and I'm noticing that there isn't much sniping going on. It seems like MW2 was much friendlier towards snipers. In Black Ops it's very difficult to snipe without getting butt-raped by rushers with SMGs or ARs. Not much good cover... in MW2 you could actually hide in tall grass and such and most people would not see you, if you played it smart (and used the right perks). Some of the maps were also larger, or maybe just more open. Doesn't bother me terribly, I just use an AR all the time, but it's something I noticed.

The spawn system is hilarious, especially on Nuketown. What a terrible map. Sit in a corner and wait for the enemies to spawn right next to you so you can rape them.

What guns/loadouts are you all liking? I'm running a FAMAS with silencer + red dot at the moment, with Ghost/Warlord/Ninja perks.

yes I shoulda used the word console instead of gaming, but that aside... yeah... black ops is way more of a offensive rush in and get r' done kinda game. there's no more noob tubers like masta, or much sniper action going on.... there wasn't a lot in MW but there was still some snipers, it seems every 1 goes assault weapons or heavy arms. I really like black ops though, and don't think ill play MW ever again over it.

-=NYS=- C.O.
11-16-2010, 12:12 PM

I just dont like using one stick to aim and the other to move. Its annoying. I guess im used to a mouse and keyboard all these years.

maynard
11-17-2010, 03:26 PM
I can't stop playing the multiplayer lol...

-=NYS=- C.O.
11-17-2010, 04:01 PM
I can't stop playing the multiplayer lol...

Me too, my kdr is horrible.

maynard
11-17-2010, 05:05 PM
Me too, my kdr is horrible.

what lvl you at?

ps

the AUG kicks ass

XX0wnsXY
11-17-2010, 05:10 PM
what lvl you at?

ps

the AUG kicks ass

I played for 13 hours yesterday. I'll admit it. I did..but..the hardcore FFA is so much fucking fun that i can't stop. I got to level 32 in one night haha.

maynard
11-17-2010, 05:14 PM
I got to level 32 in one night haha.

sexy:w00t:

XX0wnsXY
11-17-2010, 05:17 PM
sexy:w00t:

Also the hka1 light machine gun is ultimate. I love that thing, along with sticky grenade and extended mag. Oh god it's orgasmic.

maynard
11-17-2010, 05:26 PM
Also the hka1 light machine gun is ultimate. I love that thing, along with sticky grenade and extended mag. Oh god it's orgasmic.

get slight of hand perk. there's no point in getting extended mag when you can reload in 1 second lol.

XX0wnsXY
11-17-2010, 05:28 PM
get slight of hand perk. there's no point in getting extended mag when you can reload in 1 second lol.

No way. I don't have room for it. I have the one that does more damage through walls, the ninja one where you move silently, and of course I HAVE to use second chance. I love makin kids rage when they don't kill me all the way. hahaha.

maynard
11-17-2010, 05:30 PM
I have the one that does more damage through walls

waste of a perk. the increase in dmg is so minimal there's no point, hence why it's the starting free perk. I use hardline for the constant kill streak rewards (me loves the RC car). and I never saw a point in using ninja cause the only people it really lets you sneak up on is those who are camping, and those who camp constantly normally get the sensor or the security camera so they know you're coming anyway.

XX0wnsXY
11-17-2010, 08:22 PM
waste of a perk. the increase in dmg is so minimal there's no point, hence why it's the starting free perk. I use hardline for the constant kill streak rewards (me loves the RC car). and I never saw a point in using ninja cause the only people it really lets you sneak up on is those who are camping, and those who camp constantly normally get the sensor or the security camera so they know you're coming anyway.

hehe yeah that may be true. I love the RC car too. It's so fun! You just drive it up to somebody and BOOM! Also, I love blowing other people's cars up before they can get a kill. Makes for good times. I got to fly my first gunship the other day and THAT thing was total rape. Oh i love this game. Surprising, since I hated the other COD games.

maynard
11-17-2010, 09:25 PM
so am I like the only person who got it for 360?

-=NYS=- C.O.
11-17-2010, 10:00 PM
so am I like the only person who got it for 360?

Yeah 360 is gay. This is my first COD game. I have no idea what I'm doing.

-=NYS=- C.O.
11-17-2010, 10:02 PM
what lvl you at?

ps

the AUG kicks ass

27 lvl

Tickle Me Emo
11-18-2010, 03:51 AM
Yeah 360 is gay. This is my first COD game. I have no idea what I'm doing.

Don't run around like a retard, use caution when moving. Don't leave your back unprotected. Camping is fine even if they call you a faggot. Don't camp for too long or you'll get naded. Always try to get high killstreaks (chopper gunner, gunship, etc.). Pwn noobs.

In other news, I've started running with Second Chance Pro or Hacker and given up Ninja entirely. It really doesn't help much, and the other two come in handy quite often.

For killstreaks I usually go with RC car, attack helicopter, and chopper gunner.

I'm almost level 46, getting close to my first prestige! :icon_mrgreen:

X 1 Viper1
11-22-2010, 06:08 PM
The best load out you can use for none hardcore games is.

AR with silencer (preferably galil, aug, or commando)
Semtex, or the diversion grenade thing
Claymores

Perk 1- Ghost

Perk 2- Sleight of hand

Perk 3- Hacker or Marathon (mainly depends on the map)

TOTAL RAPE CLASS RIGHT THERE

This is also kind of like a rush class, what you need to do is get away from your teammates and the enemy will never see you coming because YOUR INVISIBLE!!!!!

maynard
11-22-2010, 07:38 PM
sleight of hand rules

SCRIBBLE
11-23-2010, 08:32 PM
I haven't bought a game in a while so this shit better be somewhat entertaining.

$60 and I didn't even get a hard copy I could sell to someone if I didn't like it...

maynard
11-24-2010, 01:47 AM
games should be cheaper on steam for not recieving the box, book, hard copy's....but what are ya gonna do.

black ops is pretty sweet though. if you're into MW1 and 2 then youll be at home with black ops. it's basically the same.... but better.

mastercheff
11-24-2010, 10:48 AM
Might get then from all of what you guys said.

**edit* Lol, never mind just did a test on canirunit and didn't even pass.

maynard
11-24-2010, 03:30 PM
get it for 360, we can pwwn together.

mastercheff
11-24-2010, 05:12 PM
Don't even have a 360 x.x

DeadEyeDeNNi$
11-27-2010, 05:08 PM
scribble[nuke];91916']I haven't bought a game in a while so this shit better be somewhat entertaining.

$60 and I didn't even get a hard copy I could sell to someone if I didn't like it...

Best Buy ??? I got mine there.

SCRIBBLE
11-27-2010, 06:31 PM
Here's an update:

I bought the game, got it installed and everything. I had some issues with performance but it wasn't game related at all. Come to find out my HPET was set to 32bit and I have a 64bit system. Fixed that, then realized I was having heat sink issues. Fixed the heat issues and now the game runs smoother than silk.

Great game! The story for single player is enjoyable and I've been having a great time with multiplayer.

XX0wnsXY
11-27-2010, 06:54 PM
scribble[nuke];92347']Here's an update:

I bought the game, got it installed and everything. I had some issues with performance but it wasn't game related at all. Come to find out my HPET was set to 32bit and I have a 64bit system. Fixed that, then realized I was having heat sink issues. Fixed the heat issues and now the game runs smoother than silk.

Great game! The story for single player is enjoyable and I've been having a great time with multiplayer.

What is hpet? ive been having some fps lagg while in action and can't seem to fix it and im running vista 64

SCRIBBLE
11-27-2010, 07:49 PM
What is hpet? ive been having some fps lagg while in action and can't seem to fix it and im running vista 64

HPET is high precision event timer. It's the new timer they've been using since vista.

Go in to your bios (restart comp and hit DEL repeatedly) and enable HPET if it isn't already and make sure it's set to x64.

If you're still having lag problems go to your STEAM library. Right click COD black ops and go to properties. Hit the local files tab and hit the "Defragment Cache Files" button. You can do this for any STEAM game and it might clear up some lag issues.

XX0wnsXY
11-28-2010, 06:35 AM
scribble[nuke];92349']HPET is high precision event timer. It's the new timer they've been using since vista.

Go in to your bios (restart comp and hit DEL repeatedly) and enable HPET if it isn't already and make sure it's set to x64.

If you're still having lag problems go to your STEAM library. Right click COD black ops and go to properties. Hit the local files tab and hit the "Defragment Cache Files" button. You can do this for any STEAM game and it might clear up some lag issues.

Will try these. Thanks.

mag36
11-28-2010, 10:54 AM
Ok just bought the game for PC last night. Still got to get used to the Multiplayer layout system since the Last one i really played was Cod_MW1 for xbox.

But so far Im liking it but I have noticed the same lag spike issues too. So i need to check my bios Settings too.

But i definitely need to get more memory i got 3 gigs and i have notice im at 89% usage when playing

:w00t:
**edited** I just got first in a Free-for-all match
ok not that big of deal but come on guys its me Mag the guy that can never win in Css gungame.

maynard
11-28-2010, 06:06 PM
before you guys go fucking with your PC's thought you should know, the lag spikes are 2 some degree part of the game. it happens on xbox as well.

SCRIBBLE
11-28-2010, 07:02 PM
before you guys go fucking with your PC's thought you should know, the lag spikes are 2 some degree part of the game. it happens on xbox as well.

Exactly. The lag issue I was having was specific to my system so be careful fucking around with your bios.

BIOS has to do with computer performance, not lag spikes with the connection.

XX0wnsXY
11-28-2010, 09:20 PM
I was told that the game has a memory leak..is it possible this is the cause? is it possible that it would effect some more than others?

A Baby
11-29-2010, 07:32 AM
Zombies is the only fun thing about this game.

We (Aaron and I) have made it to round 54? I think? lol Anyway, it was fun; gets hectic when reaching those levels...

-=NYS=- C.O.
11-29-2010, 09:18 AM
Zombies is the only fun thing about this game.

We (Aaron and I) have made it to round 54? I think? lol Anyway, it was fun; gets hectic when reaching those levels...

That's great.

-=NYS=- C.O.
11-29-2010, 01:28 PM
Only problem I have is my game crashes. I have 6 gigs of ram and a Pent i7 920 with an NVIDIA 260 GTX. I know it can't be my pc.

Tickle Me Emo
11-29-2010, 04:01 PM
Only problem I have is my game crashes. I have 6 gigs of ram and a Pent i7 920 with an NVIDIA 260 GTX. I know it can't be my pc.

How often does it crash? Mine crashes now and then, but not every time I play. I imagine it's just glitches in the game, although my computer is considerably slower than yours (upgrades come in tomorrow, hurray for Newegg's Black Friday deals).

-=NYS=- C.O.
11-29-2010, 04:27 PM
How often does it crash? Mine crashes now and then, but not every time I play. I imagine it's just glitches in the game, although my computer is considerably slower than yours (upgrades come in tomorrow, hurray for Newegg's Black Friday deals).

Most likely its the game. I lowered my resolution to 1024. Which is crappy in my opinion. So far, no crashes after the resolution change.

SCRIBBLE
11-29-2010, 04:55 PM
Most likely its the game. I lowered my resolution to 1024. Which is crappy in my opinion. So far, no crashes after the resolution change.

Your system should be able to handle black ops at 1920x1080. I also got a big performance boost when I updated my drivers to the latest release version (non version number) 260.99 . I don't know what operating system you use so go here: http://www.evga.com/support/drivers/

NVIDIA GTX 200 series only:
If you use Win7 x64 then here is the direct link:
http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/260.99/260.99_desktop_win7_winvista_64bit_english_whql.ex e

If nothing else I recommend you defragment your game's cache files through steam.

B1ackOut
11-29-2010, 04:56 PM
bought it last sunday for console and liked it enough to take a whole week off computer/other games to play it. great story, multiplayer, and i love the new zombie maps. definitely the best of the series in my opinion

-=NYS=- C.O.
11-29-2010, 08:12 PM
scribble[nuke];92518']Your system should be able to handle black ops at 1920x1080. I also got a big performance boost when I updated my drivers to the latest release version (non version number) 260.99 . I don't know what operating system you use so go here: http://www.evga.com/support/drivers/

NVIDIA GTX 200 series only:
If you use Win7 x64 then here is the direct link:
http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/260.99/260.99_desktop_win7_winvista_64bit_english_whql.ex e

If nothing else I recommend you defragment your game's cache files through steam.

I updated my drivers and did the cache thing. I played for over an hour with no crashes. I still didn't raise it to max resolution. I'll try it to tomorrow.

-=NYS=- C.O.
01-05-2011, 08:23 PM
Black Ops owns you all !

maynard
01-05-2011, 08:25 PM
Black Ops owns you all !

you should try bad company 2, if you want realism and 2 feel like you're actually in a war, it's the way 2 go. if you want CS style small maps and no world destruction, stick with black ops. both games are great.

-=NYS=- C.O.
01-20-2011, 05:37 PM
Actually, that's the reason why I like the game so much. It's kinda like CSS with the small maps. I actually might donate for an IBIS server.

SCRIBBLE
01-20-2011, 08:13 PM
Actually, that's the reason why I like the game so much. It's kinda like CSS with the small maps. I actually might donate for an IBIS server.

I'd donate for it... would be well worth it.

X 1 Viper1
01-21-2011, 06:21 PM
Personaly i hate this game it is my least favorite call of duty game ever. It is a piece of shit taht crashes all the time, also don;t buy a server it is usless cause u'll never find it the search engine to locate servers is completly broken like most of the game still is, even after 3 months of being released.

-=NYS=- C.O.
01-23-2011, 05:41 PM
Found a company with a good price. Will pre-order for 6 months. I will post ip once I receive server details. I will do it sometime this week.

-=NYS=- C.O.
01-27-2011, 07:33 AM
18 Players Call of Duty: Blackops [RANKED] [8.2.120.41:3234]

๖ReS
01-28-2011, 05:11 PM
18 Players Call of Duty: Blackops [RANKED] [8.2.120.41:3234]

Wow you actually did ?

I want it to be hardcore..

-=NYS=- C.O.
01-28-2011, 07:56 PM
Wow you actually did ?

I want it to be hardcore..

Well its FFA 24/7 Nuketown. It's hardcore too.

X 1 Viper1
01-28-2011, 08:13 PM
FFA is gay as shit make it tdm or domination...hell make it SND FFA is fucking stupid.

Tickle Me Emo
01-28-2011, 11:20 PM
24/7 Nuketown.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

-=NYS=- C.O.
03-14-2011, 08:06 PM
14th Prestige......Yeah im that good ! LOL !

maynard
03-15-2011, 01:11 PM
14th Prestige......Yeah im that good ! LOL !

very nice