PDA

View Full Version : ZOMBIE MOD+ Settings

ZERO
05-12-2008, 03:59 PM
We are updating the zombie server and I am putting some new settings in to correct map balance issues there are 3 settings that I want to adjust on a per map basis:

Zombie speed, health, and an option that will send the first zombie back to spawn.

It is important to note that these settings are a % and will effect all zombies the same.

Also I can now adjust the way that individual classes regen currently all zombies regen 10hp every 5sec that they are not being shot. If you have ideas for how some classes should be treated please let me know.

So what do you guys think, would giving the zomies in escape maps 50% less speed and only 80% normal health help? Or do you have a better setting :muffy:

-=NYS=- C.O.
05-12-2008, 04:39 PM
I AGREE ON GIVING LESS SPEED. DOnt know about less health though.

Cujo
05-12-2008, 08:05 PM
and an option that will send the first zombie back to spawn.
I like that idea :wtg:

brian4120
05-13-2008, 09:14 PM
I think zombie health should remain the same. Speed changes are fine.

Also, if possible, please re enable Zspawning for people who just joined the server.

Edit: Did I mention that I dont take changes well :(

D-Monic
05-14-2008, 01:48 AM
I AGREE ON GIVING LESS SPEED. DOnt know about less health though.

sounds good :wtg:

space_groceries
05-14-2008, 02:33 AM
the zombies are a little too crippled across the board i played at least 4 maps tonight where we zombie hunted and won...and we all know that is not how zombie hunting is supposed to end

the speed cuts in escape maps are a good idea but maybe not 50% and i would suggest that zombies get to regen their health again...it didn't seem like that was happening

thanks for continuing to try and improve the game play!

ZERO
05-14-2008, 02:55 PM
The issues you stated have been improved, although the speeds have not been changed. The first zombie now has 10000hp vs 7600ph, the zombies should regen health again. Not all zombies regen at the same rate or way. So lets see how it goes, with fast zombies regening faster but the same amount of hp over time other zombies like deformed lake a long time to regen but will now regen much more health. Example the amount of health that the deformed gets is almost 2x more than before after 20 seconds, but it takes him 20 seconds to get it. This is useful for strats as the deformed will need to wait a minimum of 20sec to be effective at another attack, otherwise his health will be the same. Such time gives humans a reload break.

Gump
05-14-2008, 09:21 PM
I completely agree on the speed changes, I like the HP boosts. I would like something around 80% or so, though.

Or how about 10% faster than humans? We do have to have a threat still, after all.

space_groceries
05-17-2008, 05:39 AM
i know i have already posted once on this thread and voiced my opinions but i have heard so many people bitch tonight that it encouraged me to visit once again...perhaps more moderate changes are in order as the old settings were closer to the desired performance than the current round of changes ex. the gravity is is making it impossible for humans to jump on stuff tonight
\
again thanks for seeking to make the game play better zero...i just wanted you to have some more feedback

ZERO
05-17-2008, 11:33 AM
the gravity has not been changed, so I really do not understand what you are talking about. Can you explain

MafiaMatic
05-20-2008, 01:54 AM
Well i was on tonight and a run map where humans usually lose won every round without even seeing a zombie even get relatively close to the end... most people got tired of waiting and chased the zombie down and killed him. I think % slower is a bit much and the the zombies should be faster. I do like how the zombie teles back to the beginning tho. And on non run Maps the no regenerative health kinda sucks and only experienced players can actually tag people with good barricades.

So,

Run maps- Keep non regenerative health. makes zombies their original speed or Not as slow as they are now. Keep teleport to the beginning for starting zombie.

Non run maps- Renerative health would be cool but not absolutely necessary.

That is really all i have to say.

Oh yeah alot of people were complaining about the speed so i thought i would post. One guy actually mention that he couldn't gain enough speed to jump on something. (not sure what zombie he was)

Also, maybe new maps.

:rant:

vicious
05-20-2008, 01:58 AM
Ummm... i've been playing all night and man, i seriously think one of the either options need to change:
1) zombie teleport back to spawn
2) the decrease of zombie speed

a lot of people were complaining tonight about this and i gotta agree, some maps are extremely to easy with both of these. :/

is there a way we can make it so on escape maps the zombie is sent back to spawn and on cade maps they just have less health? that would be the best setting i think.

MafiaMatic
05-20-2008, 02:06 AM
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l277/FunnyPics54/fail.png

Um this was a guy that just got changed into a zombie and instantly afterwards died. Well there were alot of us... but before that would of never happened...

ZERO
05-20-2008, 01:30 PM
the zombie regen has been on. so has it not been working!?

ZERO
05-20-2008, 01:34 PM
it is possible that the old settings were cached so I cleared it and now regen should hopefully work

Afroman
05-20-2008, 08:08 PM
On escape maps it is horrible. On almost all of the maps, by the time you escape zombies have not even gotten to the end yet. There is no real point in playing escape maps right now because your literally escapeing from nothing, witch makes them not even fun to play.

ManBearPig <ibis>
05-20-2008, 11:41 PM
On escape maps it is horrible. On almost all of the maps, by the time you escape zombies have not even gotten to the end yet. There is no real point in playing escape maps right now because your literally escapeing from nothing, witch makes them not even fun to play.

Is this the pub afro? Or just some other Afroman? Trae?

MafiaMatic
05-21-2008, 06:35 AM
I noticed run speed are faster in escape maps. Are they set at normal or still a little slower?

Cujo
05-21-2008, 11:05 AM

This Afroman plays with us at the Zombie server.. not the one your thinking of

-=NYS=- C.O.
05-21-2008, 11:51 AM

No he is definitely not Afro Samurai.

ZERO
05-21-2008, 01:46 PM
On some maps it was at 50% and 75% on others after seeing the complaint a made it 75% on all. I have played with the 75% setting on boat escape and found it to be balanced. Is there anything else that needs adjustment.

MafiaMatic
05-21-2008, 03:13 PM
No it seems balanced, Its possible for humans to win but only with coordination. Which nobody could understand last night... haha. anyways good job Zero. I'll come back if there are more comments.

MafiaMatic
05-30-2008, 06:56 AM
Um has the health on zombies been changed? i just saw a guy put one deagle clip in a guy that just turned zombie and they died... and para was killing people like crazy.

ZERO
06-01-2008, 06:07 AM
no the health has not been changed.

DarkRavin
06-30-2008, 06:13 AM
I got a few changes I like to see on Zombie sever. So just think them over ^_^

1. Unlock the awp please.
2. Make Deformed, either have 7500 health, over its 5000 now. Or make it run the same speed, if not a bit faster than a human. Or both ^_^
3. Make poison a bit faster as well.
4. Turn the hand grenade fire effect from 45 secs to 30 secs or lower!

Okay my reasons why I want them.

1. The awp: It not a uber weapon, and I would like to have it over the scout. Its still slow on the rate of fire and it has almost no kick back to a zombie. Even in a vent.

2. The deformed is a zombie that sured be feared. Not something you can shoot at on the run, laughing because he can't keep up with you.

3. The Poison. Again, its slower than dirt. You can walk faster than this thing can run!

4. An hand grenades: The maps seem to run alittle over 5 mins. Its sucks to wait almost a min every time a nade hits you. I mean if a nade hits a zombie that is something other than pred, or fast its gg, waiting time. Now I been hit more than 3 times in a row with nades when people have buffed up cages. An its just lame to waste a round to waiting for nade flames to run out.

ManBearPig <ibis>
06-30-2008, 06:02 PM
1. The awp: It not a uber weapon, and I would like to have it over the scout. Its still slow on the rate of fire and it has almost no kick back to a zombie. Even in a vent.

That is not the reason you want it, that is the reason we might give it to you.

Why would you like it over scout?

DarkRavin
06-30-2008, 06:52 PM
Why would you like it over scout?

I like it over scout, because it does more damage, an about the same rate of fire as the scout. ^_^

ZERO
07-01-2008, 03:41 PM
Yes for 50 slot I agree that deformed should have more hp. Under the idea that we keep auto respawn, should I make fast really week so it is like they keep attacking but are easy to kill. This would change the dynamics of the fast zombie to be a true quick attack and flee zombie unlike the deformed that is like a tank storming a castle.

DarkRavin
07-02-2008, 06:16 AM
Yes for 50 slot I agree that deformed should have more hp. Under the idea that we keep auto respawn, should I make fast really week so it is like they keep attacking but are easy to kill. This would change the dynamics of the fast zombie to be a true quick attack and flee zombie unlike the deformed that is like a tank storming a castle.

On the 31 man zombie sever, do you think you could make deform run faster than, since there is no respawn? I mean just to the speed of a human.