PDA

View Full Version : Team Balance?

ZERO
11-10-2010, 03:25 PM
Currently there is no Team Balance in the pub server, but should there be?

-=NYS=- C.O.
11-10-2010, 05:07 PM
I'll admit, teamstacking happens alot in the Pub. So yeah.

Jeimuzu
11-10-2010, 11:35 PM
Makes getting on a team with friends impossible. Unless you allow 2-3 people before team balancing kicks in.

ricochet
01-23-2011, 12:02 PM
If I notice an imbalance in player frag counts I'll manually switch a high fragger. They usually get pissed off but oh well. Admins are there to make the play enjoyable for all, not just one team.

BaL-|-imore
02-15-2011, 08:06 AM
I'd support team balance.

Stacking is pervasive, especially on CS maps.

dice
02-15-2011, 11:06 AM
Yes please

wack0
02-15-2011, 02:10 PM
I'm gonna go ahead and agree that team balance should be implemented.

Hitman
02-16-2011, 12:26 AM
Yes. It happens quite often. People bitch and I even up the teams but what can you do.

ZERO
02-16-2011, 02:51 PM
OK so then the question is what is the best method to properly balance the teams? Lets also try to think outside the box not only on detecting imbalances but also on how to deal with them.

For example what if a mod gave the worst players on the worst team some extra health!?

Are there any features that such a mod should have?

devour
02-16-2011, 03:19 PM
anything other than a basic teamswitch between the topfraggers/bottomfraggers on each team would have a negative impact on gameplay as well as the server i believe.

BaL-|-imore
02-17-2011, 07:34 AM
anything other than a basic teamswitch between the topfraggers/bottomfraggers on each team would have a negative impact on gameplay as well as the server i believe.

I agree. I don't see modding being the way to fix this issue.

It's all about balancing out those with the skills to get the kills that give the ladies thrills...or something like that.

:3VOLV3D:
02-17-2011, 09:42 AM
If there were only a way to make auto assign the only option... :mini idee:

BaL-|-imore
02-17-2011, 09:48 AM
if there were only a way to make auto assign the only option... :mini idee:

bingo!

devour
02-17-2011, 04:32 PM
auto-assigning is one thing you could force on one-sided maps, but on some league maps that are pretty even-sided it wont matter much. i always hit 5 though. :)

PTB is a good team-switching plugin.

ZERO
02-17-2011, 05:00 PM
The reason I do not like auto assign is that I like to play T on every map.

dice
02-18-2011, 02:20 AM
What devour said. And I don't believe Auto-assign will change anything on extremely sided maps.

Bizaro
10-01-2011, 11:28 PM
I am new to the forums, but i have a reserved slot on the wcs mod server and play there all the time. Teams are badly stacked like 70% of the time in that server. I asked Wassabi about it and he told me I should post a thread, but low and behold, there is already a thread on the topic.

Let me get to my point. like i said, more than half the time, the teams are so badly stacked to the point where one team will have zero wins for a whole map. that is the number one complaint i here people making on the server, teams are stacked. I am not talking about numerical stacking, cause obviously that gets fixed automatically. But stacking where all the skill is on one team.

So finally, i decided to ask Wassabi (dude is on that server like 24/7) why we don't have some sort of team evening protocol. I don't know if there is an automated program you can put in that would switch to make it so the people with the highest scores are spread out evenly on both teams, that would be cool.

But even if you don't have an automatic team evener, I was thinking, since admins are in that server almost 24/7 they could manually do the evening. But Wassabi said that it is considered admin abuse. So what is the rule, can admins fix teams, or not, and if not, why?

Also, Zero, I know you own the servers and all, but you can't always be on the team you wanna be on. lol
:P

Bizaro
10-02-2011, 12:08 AM
btw, i was just thinking about the logic of a program that would do that.

You could have it where the program checks if one team is ahead by 5 wins, then if they are, run the evening which takes the 6 people with the highest scores and places them on opposite teams, the number one guy going to the losing teams, number two to the winning team number three to the losing team, and so on.

You could also have it check after 3 more rounds to make sure the team that was losing has won at least one round since the switch. If they haven't then you can have it make the top two players be on the loosing team (i.e. switch the number 3 guy with the number 2 guy). it could keep doing this until all six top players are on the losing team if need be.

But I donno, i am sure there are better, already made programs out there that could balance teams, I just thought i would through my idea out there. :)

acolyte_to_jippity
10-02-2011, 12:46 AM
I am new to the forums, but i have a reserved slot on the wcs mod server and play there all the time. Teams are badly stacked like 70% of the time in that server. I asked Wassabi about it and he told me I should post a thread, but low and behold, there is already a thread on the topic.

Let me get to my point. like i said, more than half the time, the teams are so badly stacked to the point where one team will have zero wins for a whole map. that is the number one complaint i here people making on the server, teams are stacked. I am not talking about numerical stacking, cause obviously that gets fixed automatically. But stacking where all the skill is on one team.

So finally, i decided to ask Wassabi (dude is on that server like 24/7) why we don't have some sort of team evening protocol. I don't know if there is an automated program you can put in that would switch to make it so the people with the highest scores are spread out evenly on both teams, that would be cool.

But even if you don't have an automatic team evener, I was thinking, since admins are in that server almost 24/7 they could manually do the evening. But Wassabi said that it is considered admin abuse. So what is the rule, can admins fix teams, or not, and if not, why?

Also, Zero, I know you own the servers and all, but you can't always be on the team you wanna be on. lol
:P

wcs is special. it's only as stacked as you let it. if you change your race to counter your opponent's team comp, then it's not stacked anymore. the only exceptions are racewhores like zack, with spider man.

Bizaro
10-02-2011, 09:21 PM
lol, i agree about zack.

I still think an admin could switch players to fix unit composition (since so many noobs don't know how to fix it themselves). I just think there needs to be more proactiveness in fixing teams on the wcs mod server, cause like i said, it is the number one complaint i hear, and people rage quit over it all the time.

Chikun
10-02-2011, 10:08 PM
wcs is special. it's only as stacked as you let it. if you change your race to counter your opponent's team comp, then it's not stacked anymore. the only exceptions are racewhores like zack, with spider man.

I'm not a fan of blaming the victim. I know for a fact that there are some people who will join a team because "so and so" is on that team and it starts a snowball effect that causes most of the good players to join the same team. In the end this is still CSS and it's still skill based and not race based. Granted this doesn't always happen but it does and it becomes painfully obvious when the game becomes 24-0.