PDA

View Full Version : ok this is a personal request to cover admin asses

SHADY V1RU5
11-16-2010, 10:54 PM
ok the rule is dont camp excessively when its still used to there advantage however i believe if we change it to no camping unless on scout nade or knife it will vlear up problems since ive had admin before and that was our ruling it seemed to work better and its a higher understanding then it also helps admins take care of things easier just a suggestion but i think it would make things easier for us all ;p

Jeimuzu
11-16-2010, 11:11 PM
I thought that was already the understood rule?

No camping unless on sniper or something..

DJ_MikeyRevile
11-16-2010, 11:27 PM
I thought that was already the understood rule?

No camping unless on sniper or something..

james that is the "understood" rule. but it isnt written down "in ink". leaving it up for endless amounts of discussion.

i agree with shady implying the rules may need to be tweaked to make what most admins are fine with an actual written rule by Zero him self.

Hai
11-17-2010, 02:05 PM
My definition of camping is completely different from everyone else it seems. See, I'm under the impression that camping is that guy that chills behind that stupid box round after round no matter what gun he/she happens to be on just to get the "Advantage" over whoever happens to pass that way. Usually making the round last longer since he/she doesn't bother to look for anyone and would rather people come to them.

I don't understand the hatred behind using your resources for your advantage on certain situations. For instance, I hear someone following me so instead of just spinning around and shooting hoping I get the faster kill I hide behind a wall and let them walk past me. Yes, I "camped" for a few moments, but it helped me get the kill I was after. Now, if leave the "camp spot" and continue actively looking for people to kill I don't believe that to be camping.

Same thing with "spawn camping". If I'm actively shooting at people, from my spawn, why is that camping? Its one thing to be sitting on top of the roof of CT/T spawn on 007_abby but why can't I shoot you from spawn on bunker_arena? If I can see you, you should be able to see me.

I can't help but think the rules with camping/spawn camping are being manipulated to the advantage of the person who can't seem to remember to look in particular areas.

P.S. I'm in no way condoning the action of sitting in a corner all map long with whatever weapon you have prolonging the game just so you can "sneak" up on people.

XX0wnsXY
11-17-2010, 05:13 PM
It's mostly a matter of using your judgment.

When I was admin, I never really yelled at anyone for camping, unless it was blatant, and their camping served no purpose but to "Hope that someone walks by", therefor lengthening the round unnecessarily.

Even on churches, I never really yelled at people for getting on their own church, unless it was a continuous problem from the same player. Some people would yell at them for getting on their own church and getting a scout/awp kill. Which, is a waste of breath, IMO. Honestly, you can't keep the server completely and 100% camp free all of the time, so don't waste your breath unless it's an issue of impeding the game progress.

SHADY V1RU5
11-17-2010, 07:53 PM
ok good points are said and everything but im simply saying if that rule is tweaked to say no camping unless on knife or scout it would be easier and would have less "abuse" threats its plain simple and cut dry to simply say hey no god damn camping unless u have scout or knife then its simple to sit there and slay away since it is a gun game server there should be no camping regaurdless if its put into the rules and is enforced the right way then ppl cant say well i had this weapon or i had this problem its just basic excuses that ppl use to say well im ok cause i have a sniper its bull and spawn camping is just pointless thats a big no no period. ok if u leave spawn on churches for example and make it to the top of the other church to get ur awp or sniper kill fine but after that leave the church dont continue to sit up there and be a pansy. i could record demos and post and show u ok this is a legitimate camp cause its not excessive and camp 3 rounds and get away with it and possibly get 6 kills per round its dumb really so im just sayin to make it clear and known that hey no camping unless on scout or knife and it can be a message that pops up in the talk like the hop server thing it would just make the server more enjoyable and there wouldnt be many "admin abuse" problems but even if it were just tested it would show u how much ppl will listen and not camp.

Hai
11-18-2010, 01:39 AM
First I would like to start off by saying, Shady I demand a few more spaces next time. Anyways, what is the point of walking to the other tower in churchs to get your awp kill when the one you spawn under is just fine? I think people fail to realise that Counter-Strike isn't a game about making it to the other spawn, its elimating your emeny. I know, I know, it is also about planting a bomb or rescuing hostages. In Gun game, however, its all about making to level 26 and killing someone with a nade first, so why do I have to rush to you( The enemy) when your rushing to me already? Why does GG have to be a race to the other spawn and back again?

Lets not forget the problems we have with people "camping" bottle necks in the middle of the map. I believe it was JERM who ended up slaying a guy on 007_abby because he was camping the little hallway leading to the big middle hole in the ground area. Everyone walks by that spot in one way or another, yet he's still in a punishable camping "mode"? I understand the problem behind someone sitting in vents all night long on Complex, but whats wrong with chilling in the 4 exit/entrance area right outside T spawn?

I guess my point is, why are we so picky about how people move their characters. Why do we have to have one giant cluster fuck every single GG round? If I'm going to play CS for an hour, why do I have to spend 58 minutes of it running head first into my enemy who just so happens to be doing the same thing? Do you enjoy the fastest networking speed wins game? (For those of you who bitch about why you see blood but you died instead of them, its because they talked with server first)

I know, I'm rather new to IBIS. I just want to make sure we aren't over doing it a bit.

Tickle Me Emo
11-18-2010, 03:32 AM
It's mostly a matter of using your judgment.

When I was admin, I never really yelled at anyone for camping, unless it was blatant, and their camping served no purpose but to "Hope that someone walks by", therefor lengthening the round unnecessarily.

Even on churches, I never really yelled at people for getting on their own church, unless it was a continuous problem from the same player. Some people would yell at them for getting on their own church and getting a scout/awp kill. Which, is a waste of breath, IMO. Honestly, you can't keep the server completely and 100% camp free all of the time, so don't waste your breath unless it's an issue of impeding the game progress.

+1 to this whole post.

DJ_MikeyRevile
11-18-2010, 05:21 AM
james that is the "understood" rule. but it isnt written down "in ink". leaving it up for endless amounts of discussion.

i agree with shady implying the rules may need to be tweaked to make what most admins are fine with an actual written rule by Zero him self.

pretty sure... i called what would become of this thread...

Discussion

all in all.. the rules are out of date with what people keep requesting and non of those people understand that IBIS is a mother fucking dictatorship.

no further discussions need to be made regarding the GG camping issue..

why?

because everyone understands the general rule at this point.

(which btw i think is retarded... the rules stat "excessive camping as a crime" nothing else.)

ok good points are said and everything but im simply saying if that rule is tweaked to say no camping unless on knife or scout it would be easier and would have less "abuse" threats its plain simple and cut dry to simply say hey no god damn camping unless u have scout or knife then its simple to sit there and slay away since it is a gun game server there should be no camping regaurdless if its put into the rules and is enforced the right way then ppl cant say well i had this weapon or i had this problem its just basic excuses that ppl use to say well im ok cause i have a sniper its bull and spawn camping is just pointless thats a big no no period. ok if u leave spawn on churches for example and make it to the top of the other church to get ur awp or sniper kill fine but after that leave the church dont continue to sit up there and be a pansy. i could record demos and post and show u ok this is a legitimate camp cause its not excessive and camp 3 rounds and get away with it and possibly get 6 kills per round its dumb really so im just sayin to make it clear and known that hey no camping unless on scout or knife and it can be a message that pops up in the talk like the hop server thing it would just make the server more enjoyable and there wouldnt be many "admin abuse" problems but even if it were just tested it would show u how much ppl will listen and not camp.

ill vouch for shady's idea and where it comes from.

so far he has been a very great admin with a ton of potential.
he asks questions about specific actions before those actions, JUST in case it is over the line ect.

great admin so far.

it isnt out of line and in need of discussion for him to "say" i recommend that these rules that most people argue about are made clear so that the arguing stops.
it would be best for everyone.

SHADY V1RU5
11-19-2010, 08:38 PM
thank you that is all im really sayin the arguements of the camping rule is retarded and need to be just simple cut and dry if its a clear rule like i stated it would cut the arguing off entirely ;p im glad to see that ppl read these threads and like some of my ideas im just trying to make it better for all of us and enjoy playing rather than argue about our rules.

and hai my badd are theses spaces better for you.

am i making a better point.........

by spacing everything out lol

ok im done bein a smart ass lol until then hope to see u guys soon on the gun game server ;p.

oh yea btw if ur under me and my skills :plzdie: