PDA

View Full Version : Guild Wars 2

Pages : [1] 2 3

DJ_MikeyRevile
11-18-2010, 03:15 PM
http://www.guildwars2.com/en/ is a trailer.

I am not sure about just how many of you actually play MMO's because its never really a big subject on the forums or in the servers but i thought id let everyone who might not know just HOW awesome this game will be and have a further discussion about it.

my understanding is that the game wont be a Grind grind grind level game
but it will be more of a interactive game with a illustrated worlds.. not mountian tree bush tree.

the also say it will be an open real time world.

BAH so much just watch and discuss

XX0wnsXY
01-25-2012, 01:20 PM
http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/combat/healing-death/

I'm bringing this thread back to life because it's official that the release will be this year! A lot of sites are speculating that it will be a June release, while others are speculating a later 2012 release.

I was reading about some of the mechanics in the game, and the penalty system for dying is practically non-existent! I love that. They offer you the ability for a "last chance" if you will..so that when you're about to die, you can cast a few spells that are only for when you're down, that could turn the table, or be revived if an ally avenges you!

I am SOOOO excited for this game. With SWTOR being a bit of a disappointment for me, I'm ready for an MMO that lives up to all the hype..maybe this is the one!

Also, I bought GW Trilogy to try it out to get some background before GW2 come out!

So...who's excited!!!!!????

Steamer
01-25-2012, 03:47 PM
Definite pre-order for me. Already read everything there is to read about it.

I have tons of shit and money in GW and pretty much know everything about the game. In a GM guild also that has access to the beta.

The entire lore and story of GW is great, seems as the lacking of a "real" MMORPG is being implemented this time around, while retaining instanced story lines... :D

maynard
01-25-2012, 05:56 PM
meh... I'm on the fence. GW was a complete P O S... wasn't even a real MMORPG IMO...

ill have 2 wait and see... odds are ill be playing diablo 3 when this comes out, so wont bother till later down the road.

DJ_MikeyRevile
01-25-2012, 06:47 PM
Sent them an email about Beta testing.

I cant wait. Id marry GW if i could.
Unfortunately i will either be leaving or physically in Afghanistan when it releases.

Steamer
01-25-2012, 07:20 PM
Ehh, I really liked GW. Your just to use to the persistent style MMORPG. As long as there is a place for the masses to gather, still a MMORPG, just now as world massive.

On the fence or not, no subscription, single pay, can't beat that.

Diablo 3 is getting consolized... I'm now on the fence about that one.

And mikey, I would own your face in GW. Come at me.

DJ_MikeyRevile
01-25-2012, 07:48 PM
I hope they add minis again. I miss my mini panda. I also hope they add a secruity feature as well seeing as iv had two he accounts hacked for my in game wealth. Ecto Ecto Ecto ecto

maynard
01-25-2012, 07:48 PM
you couldn't even go anywhere you wanted on the map Lol... you couldn't run up random hills, check shit out, there was pre made running paths and you basically had 2 stick 2 them all the time, it was a joke. that's not a mmorpg. ive been playing them since 94, I enjoy all kinds... but no actual people in the world other than in towns? can't go where ever you want on the maps and go exploring? hellz no. I don't care about monthly fees, I care about a good game and I just didn't vibe at all on GW...

what you mean about d3 being colonized, you talking about how they making a console version? if so, who gives a shit? they making 2 versions, doesn't mean d3 will suck. keep an eye open for torchlight 2... that looks like it's gonna be pretty epic also from what ive seen, actually will have multiplayer this time and a ton of more shit 2 do... + actual maps and areas, not just the same reused slightly changed dungeon setting over and over lol..

DJ_MikeyRevile
01-25-2012, 07:51 PM
Every game that was pc the redistributed to console was ruined. There's good reason behind second guessing d3s potential awesomeness.

Can any one say voltaic spear x10 baby!!!!
Gw2 will be open world Maynard.

maynard
01-25-2012, 07:55 PM
dude, it's blizzard... enough said Lol...

blizzard has made 1 fail game ever, and it never even made release so who cares. blizzard makes SICK games that sell like crazy, D3 will be more than fine. they started with the PC version, later decided shit, we can make a console verison easy and make a shit ton more money, got another team and have them working on it. there's no reason what so ever for it 2 cause any issues for the PC version.... once again... It's blizzard lol...

Steamer
01-25-2012, 08:18 PM
I really can't wait for GW2, it looks so fucking win.

Either way, they still made bank on GW, the success rate of it was outstanding. I didn't play torchlight...

I just hope they can give 100% full support to the PC version also, and have 2 teams working and keep it entirely separate... no cross platform patches, menus, ect...

maynard
01-25-2012, 08:29 PM
the first torchlight SUCKED. you missed nothing.

XX0wnsXY
01-25-2012, 08:31 PM
GW2 really sounds like they stepped it up x 1million since GW and that's awesome. From reading, it sounds like it's going to be a very refreshing MMO experience.

maynard
01-25-2012, 08:41 PM
yeah, from what Ive seen they have deff stepped it up... I Just have been let down with so many MMORPG's... it's hard 2 find the faith these days lol...

DJ_MikeyRevile
01-25-2012, 09:31 PM
dude, it's blizzard... enough said Lol...

blizzard has made 1 fail game ever, and it never even made release so who cares. blizzard makes SICK games that sell like crazy, D3 will be more than fine. they started with the PC version, later decided shit, we can make a console verison easy and make a shit ton more money, got another team and have them working on it. there's no reason what so ever for it 2 cause any issues for the PC version.... once again... It's blizzard lol...

Respectfully please keep this hemhem *clears throat* topic related to GW2!
I think it will be a great game non the less but its sketchy knowing it will be for console as well.

Edit: iv heard rumors and mythical talk about there being a physics engine, in GW2? This engine would add all sorts of cool effects that can be seen in games like Vindictus, but most importantly and what got all the hype to begin with is... if you cast a fireball for example at a target, any other MMO would allow that fire ball to cross throw obstacles to hit you where as GW2 will allow you to literally LOS incoming projectiles to avoid damage.

On another happy note, its supposed to be a very dynamic game in regards to the race warfare. example being "Burn down a tree, that tree is burnt down for every one else until it grows back via game time or is planted by another player"

brett friggin favre
01-25-2012, 09:34 PM
gw2 makes a lot of promises and i hope it can deliver. they're sure taking their time with it which definitely raises my hopes.

Steamer
01-25-2012, 09:51 PM
Edit: iv heard rumors and mythical talk about there being a physics engine, in GW2? This engine would add all sorts of cool effects that can be seen in games like Vindictus, but most importantly and what got all the hype to begin with is... if you cast a fireball for example at a target, any other MMO would allow that fire ball to cross throw obstacles to hit you where as GW2 will allow you to literally LOS incoming projectiles to avoid damage.

Not a rumor. Fact.

maynard
01-25-2012, 10:15 PM
I only mentioned d3 2 talk about why I will most not likely be playing this game (on topic) everything else I said was in response 2 steamer and yourself...

it's damn near impossible 2 talk about a MMORPG and not compare it 2 others. you can't make a MMORPG thread and think no 1 is going 2 compare it 2 other games and or mention other games as all MMORPG players do is compare everything 2 every other RPG/MMORPG they have played.... perfect example, owns talking about SWTOR and the let down it was... it's what MMORPG players do...

if you're going 2 be a stickler on people commenting off topic, you should prob stay on topic yourself instead of callin me out when I'm replying 2 a post you made...

DJ_MikeyRevile
01-25-2012, 11:07 PM
I only mentioned d3 2 talk about why I will most not likely be playing this game (on topic) everything else I said was in response 2 steamer and yourself...

it's damn near impossible 2 talk about a MMORPG and not compare it 2 others. you can't make a MMORPG thread and think no 1 is going 2 compare it 2 other games and or mention other games as all MMORPG players do is compare everything 2 every other RPG/MMORPG they have played.... perfect example, owns talking about SWTOR and the let down it was... it's what MMORPG players do...

if you're going 2 be a stickler on people commenting off topic, you should prob stay on topic yourself instead of callin me out when I'm replying 2 a post you made...

i was not being serious lol. Just an attempt at a funny.

Steamer, it is good to know that it has been confirmed fact. That in its self will make this MMO 100 times more dynamic then every other one out there in regards to survivability and entertainment.

maynard
01-25-2012, 11:50 PM
it better be good... the world needs an epic MMORPG...

Chuck Brown
01-26-2012, 07:35 AM
Your post is very useful. Thank you so much for providing plenty of useful post. Thanks! :)

lux lighting (http://www.wiks.com.au/lightmeter)

acolyte_to_jippity
01-26-2012, 09:05 AM
Your post is very useful. Thank you so much for providing plenty of useful post. Thanks! :)

wait, wat?

emTr0
01-26-2012, 11:07 AM
wait, wat?

http://www.spam.com/ASSETS/0EE75B480E5B450F807117E06219CDA6/spamReg.png

brett friggin favre
01-26-2012, 02:24 PM
http://www.spam.com/ASSETS/0EE75B480E5B450F807117E06219CDA6/spamReg.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE

polluting epic threadage with worthless canned meat...how low.

anyways given my recent declaration of major...i'm looking forward to trying out the engineer class

Sin
01-26-2012, 02:29 PM
I can't decide on Warrior or Ranger for my main... I'm loving the mechanics behind each class though, very innovative.

emTr0
01-26-2012, 02:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE

polluting epic threadage with worthless canned meat...how low.

anyways given my recent declaration of major...i'm looking forward to trying out the engineer class

Damn, you're right. I should have used the bacon spam photo! :lmao:.

Anyway back on topic...I've always been interested in Guild Wars but never tried it because of all the other MMOs out there. Is it worth trying? Anyone played this and others?

Steamer
01-26-2012, 05:36 PM
I can't decide on Warrior or Ranger for my main... I'm loving the mechanics behind each class though, very innovative.

I will start with a Sylvari Ranger for PVE until I figure out game / skill mechanics and of coarse the runs. A Human Mesmer / Charr Theif for PVP and whatever rerolls call for.
I think I will be focusing more on PVP in this one.

DJ_MikeyRevile
01-26-2012, 10:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBC_ig73aMsits pretty old but all these things are still going to be in the game.

Maynard #7 will appeal most to you based off what you have said so far regarding this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjCehYrEbO0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je0mT7AHKqI

maynard
01-26-2012, 11:17 PM
hooray for number 7

Sin
01-27-2012, 08:46 AM
I will start with a Sylvari Ranger for PVE until I figure out game / skill mechanics and of coarse the runs. A Human Mesmer / Charr Theif for PVP and whatever rerolls call for.
I think I will be focusing more on PVP in this one.

Whatever class I pick, I'll be a Charr no matter what. I always wanted to play one since the tutorial of the first game. They're just so bad ass.

As for the Sylvari, they're little bitches with leaves for hair.

DJ_MikeyRevile
01-27-2012, 12:07 PM
I'll prob end up as an op ele like in Gw. Might go asura not sure yet.

Sexy femal human, it might be. This is one of those games that Deff pays out for being an attractive lady pixel. Any avid Gw players know all about pre and in game desprates.

XX0wnsXY
01-27-2012, 01:28 PM
I will either make a Sylvari or a Human for my RP character and an Asura for PvP. I care a lot about what I look like, so I can't have any fur y'dig? hahaha

maynard
02-16-2012, 11:49 AM
DAjgKGFcKfM&feature=g-all-u&context=G2782161FAAAAAAAAAAA

Steamer
02-20-2012, 08:52 PM
Beta game play all over.

Can't fucking wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:icon_mrgreen:

maynard
02-20-2012, 11:56 PM
as of now unless it's changed int he last week, the beta is for people involved in gaming press, and that's it.

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-21-2012, 06:03 AM
as of now unless it's changed int he last week, the beta is for people involved in gaming press, and that's it.

Hopfully they take my letter to heart and give me access here soon.

Steamer
02-21-2012, 07:36 PM

My guild leader is one of the game designers (Linsey Murdoch). I pretty much begged her to let me play as she is, big fat ass NO... QQ.

Good luck Mikey...

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-21-2012, 08:35 PM
they are reviewing my request and will reply.
it would truly suck not to get into as much of beta as i can to help make the game the best it can be for launch. Iv spent over 6k hours in GW and will be away for launch =/

maynard
02-21-2012, 09:06 PM
lol, mikey, you're not press which means you can't play the beta (as of now)

you think you're the only person sending them a email begging them 2 go on the beta lol?

Sin
02-22-2012, 08:51 AM
If you guys really want to get into beta, you can claim you're press and use the IBIS community as your medium. Most of the time the devs don't even look into that shit.

FUCKING EDIT: ANet just announced their surprise for today. BETA SIGNUPS ARE OPEN!

They're getting bombarded ATM though, so give it sometime before they have it back up and running.

https://beta.guildwars2.com/

XX0wnsXY
02-22-2012, 01:56 PM
Thanks for signing up for a chance to participate in the Guild Wars 2 beta test. We've received your application and we'll email you if you've been accepted. We appreciate your interest in Guild Wars 2!
Sincerely,

The Guild Wars 2 Team

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-22-2012, 03:05 PM
If you guys really want to get into beta, you can claim you're press and use the IBIS community as your medium. Most of the time the devs don't even look into that shit.

FUCKING EDIT: ANet just announced their surprise for today. BETA SIGNUPS ARE OPEN!

They're getting bombarded ATM though, so give it sometime before they have it back up and running.

https://beta.guildwars2.com/

I just shed a tear. My heart is throbbing and iv become so anxious that I just begged to get off work early to get home and apply.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-22-2012, 04:12 PM
i'm actually going to try this.

who knows? i might just end up enjoying it, and it'll be nice to start on roughly the same level as everyone else

edit: when they ask about a guild in any current games, should we put down like, ibisGamingPublic or something?

Sin
02-22-2012, 04:26 PM
You can put whatever you want. It doesn't really effect anything. In these types of signups they're looking at PC specs, hence the dxdiag tool.

I always put Damage Inc. in that field. lol

Oh and btw, for those who want to wait a bit before signing up, you only have 48 hours. So do it quick!

Steamer
02-22-2012, 06:52 PM
I'm in! Eat is fuckfaces! :icon_mrgreen:

Connected guild win!

brett friggin favre
02-22-2012, 06:57 PM
sweet, my system specs are pretty average...i'm sure they'd be interested in average. bell curve mothafuckaaaaa

maynard
02-22-2012, 07:07 PM
sorry mikey, they just closed the beta due 2 overwhelming amounts of people applying so quickly... that and they already are full on people for testing. maybe you can get in in 3 months when they do the next beta apps.

https://beta.guildwars2.com/betanowclosed

jk! bwahahahaha

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-22-2012, 08:24 PM
sorry mikey, they just closed the beta due 2 overwhelming amounts of people applying so quickly... that and they already are full on people for testing. maybe you can get in in 3 months when they do the next beta apps.

https://beta.guildwars2.com/betanowclosed

jk! bwahahahaha

i applied like 4 hours ago... im scared now STFU you have no idea how much this game means to me.

maynard
02-22-2012, 08:24 PM
fine... ruin my fun....

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-22-2012, 08:27 PM
fine... ruin my fun....
as a fellow forum troll, i do find hilarity in your post. as it would be something i would do to someone else for another game.
No emails yet from Anet, not even one saying my Beta app was submitted, im beginning to worry.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-22-2012, 08:29 PM
No emails yet from Anet, not even one saying my Beta app was submitted, im beginning to worry.

same.

and yeah, i thought it was legit at first. i was sad.

i'm going to play a ranger methinks. possibly the plant bitches. possibly human.

maynard
02-22-2012, 08:30 PM
if you haven't got a reply back for acknowledgement of submitting a beta app... that's deff not good.

and yeah, i thought it was legit at first. i was sad.

...heh

acolyte_to_jippity
02-22-2012, 08:31 PM
if you haven't got a reply back for acknowledgement of submitting a beta app... that's deff not good.

did you get a confirmation email?

edit: from the arenanet website: "
Our team is aware that a small number of people may be having email issues or Scannertron issues. We apologize & are looking into it. ~RB"

maynard
02-22-2012, 08:32 PM
yes sir. took about 20 minutes.

Thanks for signing up!

Thanks for signing up for a chance to participate in the Guild Wars 2 beta test. We've received your application and we'll email you if you've been accepted. We appreciate your interest in Guild Wars 2!

Sincerely,

The Guild Wars 2 Team

sin and owns got the same letter.

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-22-2012, 08:34 PM
If I don't get into beta, ill be playing ele somtime in summer of 2013...

FAil Boat
02-22-2012, 08:57 PM
OMG! I can't wait for gw2. I've been playing Aion since it came out. Doubt anyone has heard of it lol. Been looking for a replacement as it is getting old. I remember playing GW forever ago. I named my char on a friends account dirty girl and danced for money in one of the cities. lmfao. That's all i remember. But it was a fun game and I'm hoping (fingers crossed) GW2 will be just as if not more amazing. I just signed up for the beta invite. My specs are somewhat on the better side dunno if that gives me a good chance or not but I am excited. It didn't detect my other partition though. Said I only had 40 gigs open when i have 300. I cannot fuckin wait!

edit: maynard I almost cried looking at your link. Then I clicked it and I had to change my pants. Bastard.

maynard
02-22-2012, 09:00 PM
any one whose into MMORPG's knows what Aion is... I used 2 play it.

having good specs doesn't make you more likely 2 get invited 2 any beta as when they do beta invites they take people who can barley run it up 2 those who beyond exceed the requirements. they spread out the invites so they can get reviews and see how well it runs on all diff types of systems.

FAil Boat
02-22-2012, 09:20 PM
Aion was my first real mmo. I still play it. What server were you on?

I guessed they would do that but I've never really paid attention to the beta phase of games until recently. I tried out the tera beta 2 weeks ago. That was pretty fun. Next one is this weekend I beleive.

brett friggin favre
02-22-2012, 09:54 PM
if you didn't get the email, try to sign up for it again with the same email, it'll say "Your email was already used to register a Guild Wars 2 beta account."

im guessing that means all's well, just the email system is busted

maynard
02-22-2012, 10:00 PM
that or they just don't wana let a couple of nubs like aco and mikey on ^^

XX0wnsXY
02-22-2012, 11:10 PM
Aion was my first real mmo. I still play it. What server were you on?

I guessed they would do that but I've never really paid attention to the beta phase of games until recently. I tried out the tera beta 2 weeks ago. That was pretty fun. Next one is this weekend I beleive.

A lot of us played Aion. I can't remember what server I was on before the server merge, but after it was israphel. Fun game. Played a chanter to 50 then after the merge I rerolled a lot of alts

acolyte_to_jippity
02-22-2012, 11:35 PM
mikey, here:

https://beta.guildwars2.com/resend

(https://beta.guildwars2.com/resend)edit: it worked for me

maynard
02-22-2012, 11:46 PM
5zy8ad-gROI&feature=g-all-u&context=G2e02c85FAAAAAAAAAAA

acolyte_to_jippity
02-23-2012, 12:41 AM
hmmmm, gotta say, i'm also liking the elementalist and the necro...

maynard
02-23-2012, 12:43 AM
ive yet 2 really look into the races, classes, jobs etc... I should probably do that.

FAil Boat
02-23-2012, 01:49 AM
ive yet 2 really look into the races, classes, jobs etc... I should probably do that.

I thought you said you read everything there is on GW2? :P

I'm on vaizel. I know all about alt rolling lol. Here's 2 of my mains:
55 ranger - Heyhandsome (http://na.aiononline.com/myaion-character-detail?charId=116902&serverId=5)
55 cleric - FAilBoat (http://na.aiononline.com/myaion-character-detail?charId=36315&serverId=5)

I dont even wanna say how many characters I have. :x lol I enjoyed aion alot. Especially pre merge. Afterwards I mainly logged in to talk shit and occasionally kill elyos. Guildwars 2 will be better than aion but will it be good enough to replace it? D: I've put so much work into my chars I don't wanna leave but the game sux haha. Meh I'm getting gw2 regardless so we'll see. Fingers crossed!

acolyte_to_jippity
02-23-2012, 03:24 AM

basically, they're all kickass. guardian is your standard paladin tanky sonnofabitch, warrior is your off-tank/mele dps, and ranger is the ranged dps with mele ability (rangers also kick ass in mele, and use pets)

of the other classes, well:

mesmer's fight with mind-effecting shit. this includes cloaking yourself + allies from sight, stunning/distracting enemies, and creating clones and phantasms. clones are uber weak copies of you, that have rudimentary AI, and normally are created with certain additional effects (example, one skill has you leap-strike an enemy, leaving a clone behind, while another creates a clone that leap-strikes an enemy...see the inherent trickery?). phantasms are essentially you, copied, thus are MUCH more powerful than clones. additionally, mesmers can inflict confusion, which damages an enemy whenever they try to use an ability, and shatter their clones/phantasms for a variety of effects (basically, these guys will be REALLY powerful in pvp)

necros summon minions, and also seem to be the buffing class. area buffs, or targeted area activated debuffs. they can also cause fear, making effected enemy run away from you. they're probably the second tankyiest class, as they have an ability called death shroud, where they build up a second life bar, and can use it to enter a special state to avoid death.

engineers are turrets and explosives...blah

thieves are the combo-based damage dealers, fairly flexible, with pretty strong stealth and trap abilities

and elementalists are empowered gods of destruction. they're the standard mage, with a twist. see, they have 4 different elemental states, called attunements, that boost some stats and confer effects. fire reflects some damage when you're hit, water continuously heals you (and MAYBE nearby allies as well), air deals lightning damage to nearby enemies every so often, and earch magically boosts your defense. now, the skills you can use are determined by the class of item you're holding. a dagger on an elementalist, for example, gives you medium-ranged skills, while a staff gives long-ranged ones. so each class of item gives different skills, and the skills change based on your attunement. basically, instead of only getting 3 active skills from your main hand weapon (and 2 from off hand) as elementalist you get 12. at any time, with one loadout, they have access to 15 total skills. they're versitile, and quite honestly look awesome.

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-23-2012, 06:34 AM
basically, they're all kickass. guardian is your standard paladin tanky sonnofabitch, warrior is your off-tank/mele dps, and ranger is the ranged dps with mele ability (rangers also kick ass in mele, and use pets)

of the other classes, well:

mesmer's fight with mind-effecting shit. this includes cloaking yourself + allies from sight, stunning/distracting enemies, and creating clones and phantasms. clones are uber weak copies of you, that have rudimentary AI, and normally are created with certain additional effects (example, one skill has you leap-strike an enemy, leaving a clone behind, while another creates a clone that leap-strikes an enemy...see the inherent trickery?). phantasms are essentially you, copied, thus are MUCH more powerful than clones. additionally, mesmers can inflict confusion, which damages an enemy whenever they try to use an ability, and shatter their clones/phantasms for a variety of effects (basically, these guys will be REALLY powerful in pvp)

necros summon minions, and also seem to be the buffing class. area buffs, or targeted area activated debuffs. they can also cause fear, making effected enemy run away from you. they're probably the second tankyiest class, as they have an ability called death shroud, where they build up a second life bar, and can use it to enter a special state to avoid death.

engineers are turrets and explosives...blah

thieves are the combo-based damage dealers, fairly flexible, with pretty strong stealth and trap abilities

and elementalists are empowered gods of destruction. they're the standard mage, with a twist. see, they have 4 different elemental states, called attunements, that boost some stats and confer effects. fire reflects some damage when you're hit, water continuously heals you (and MAYBE nearby allies as well), air deals lightning damage to nearby enemies every so often, and earch magically boosts your defense. now, the skills you can use are determined by the class of item you're holding. a dagger on an elementalist, for example, gives you medium-ranged skills, while a staff gives long-ranged ones. so each class of item gives different skills, and the skills change based on your attunement. basically, instead of only getting 3 active skills from your main hand weapon (and 2 from off hand) as elementalist you get 12. at any time, with one loadout, they have access to 15 total skills. they're versitile, and quite honestly look awesome.

Just as in GW, ele will be the go to class for an OP power house. Im going to start as ele because i am not looking for a challange, i wish only to start at the top of the food chain with a game i will be playing for a very long time to come.

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-23-2012, 07:19 AM
Double post bump

because GW2 takes much more precedence over emtro's shitty Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs thread.

Gw2 = #1

XX0wnsXY
02-23-2012, 08:22 AM
I believe I'm gonna go mesmer. It sounds like its going to be fun and challenging. I'm still not sure if I'm going to play one in beta, as I don't want to ware it out before the game launches. We will see.

I'm sure ill have a few alts and change my mind a few times like I always do, although it would be nice to dedicate my energy to one and enjoy it if I can get it right the first time.

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-23-2012, 08:57 AM
For those of you who didn't play Gw take note that classes are not built on specific roles like other mmos do. Example tanks dos healers Ecto <---- lol ect. Auto correct.

The challange in gear wasn't about playing specific class, it was about a limited skill bar encompassed with your personal ability to rely only on yourself. Self healing, protection, and damage.

Mesmer is a great class for its ability to tick enemy's while providing support for team players threw ticks like "every time a party member strikes a for with your tick on it, he is healed x amount"

Ele has always been a great class, I used to tank with an ele. Assassins coyld tank, healers could tank every class can virtualy do and play any role. As you dwelve into the game you will begin coming up with specific builds for specific situations unlike other mmos where you could just mash all your skills at one time.

Remember that when you choose your main class.

Sin
02-23-2012, 09:11 AM
I can't wait for the structured PvP. Competitive play FTW! No gear/rep/expertise grind! WOOOOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4VKhrCDWfg

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-23-2012, 09:27 AM
I can't wait for the structured PvP. Competitive play FTW! No gear/rep/expertise grind! WOOOOO!

Very true good sir. I dont think we will find Much pve end game like raids but rather PvP. As Gw has always been huge on competitive PvP. Rewards and leaderboards. Also the hall of monuments will play a huge role in end game.

Sin
02-23-2012, 10:02 AM
They've already talked about raids/dungeons and such. My favorite thing about ANET is how they don't focus on a huge Leveling time-sink like every other MMO out there.

I think they said there will be 30 levels, but every level takes the same amount of XP to get to the next. So let's say every level takes 1000xp to attain, from level 1 to max level. All it then requires is killing mobs that are of your level or above in order to level quickly.

I really do enjoy the lore and story in the GW world, though, so I'm hoping for some really epic cinematics and voice acting. I believe GW was the first MMO to even try adding cinematics and some GOOD voice acting into the Campaign. Matrix Online a close second.

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-23-2012, 10:16 AM
They've already talked about raids/dungeons and such. My favorite thing about ANET is how they don't focus on a huge Leveling time-sink like every other MMO out there.

I think they said there will be 30 levels, but every level takes the same amount of XP to get to the next. So let's say every level takes 1000xp to attain, from level 1 to max level. All it then requires is killing mobs that are of your level or above in order to level quickly.

I really do enjoy the lore and story in the GW world, though, so I'm hoping for some really epic cinematics and voice acting. I believe GW was the first MMO to even try adding cinematics and some GOOD voice acting into the Campaign. Matrix Online a close second.

Yesssss cinematics were amazing. Anyone who didn't play Gw has no idea what they will be getting them selves into with Gw2. You will become a hermit!

As far as leveling. I used to argue and still do that Gw was better and more challenging then other mmos because of the small level cap that was super easy to reach. It put everyone on a even playing feild and really distinguished those who were good and those who were bad. Gear was never an issue either it was cosmetic except weapons and a few runes. Ihope this is the case with Gw2

acolyte_to_jippity
02-23-2012, 10:27 AM
Gear was never an issue either it was cosmetic except weapons and a few runes. Ihope this is the case with Gw2

no...i like the whole diablo situation, where you're looking for the best possible item for your class, and constantly working towards improving your stuff.

i'll be bummed if the gear is mostly cosmetic.

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-23-2012, 10:45 AM
no...i like the whole diablo situation, where you're looking for the best possible item for your class, and constantly working towards improving your stuff.

Don't get me wrong, though it was mostly cosmestic, the best looking gear took months for an average player to obtain. Not only do gear sets go toward your hom they also represented your skill. If you were wearing uw gear, people respected that. The fact that the gear was done this way only backs my argument from earlier regarding everyone being essentially on an even playing field.

maynard
02-23-2012, 10:47 AM
if the gear is just cosmetic... who gives a shit? honestly. I don't plan on standing around when I play 2 show off my cosmetic gear...

I Want gear that actually does something.

+1

Sin
02-23-2012, 10:48 AM
IMO, gear grind has been the downfall of MMO's of late. It seems every new MMO that comes out the devs decide that in order to keep people playing there needs to be vertical gear progression, which is a ridiculous reward system.

When it comes to PvP there shouldn't be any sort of grind in order to be competitive and at an equal footing. Skill should always be the deciding factor not a helmet or runed out gloves.

Thankfully GW2 will have none of this. If you make a PvP-Only toon then that toon will be at max level with EVERY skill and equivalent gear to every other player, where the deciding factor to any given match will be strategy and personal skill level.

It's the complete anti-no-lifer strategy and I love it. The only thing that time should effect in an MMO is how good you are as a player, but that won't put a veteran MMO player at any disadvantage just because he got the game later.

Bottom line: I can't fucking wait.

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-23-2012, 11:11 AM
I believe the skill system will be like Gw. You get all the standard skills for your class, but can grind out AMD hunt down better skills from boss types and skill books. Think of the best skills as the best gear. Only one mob has the skill you are looking for. Gear still has stats based off what you rune on them which will still be hard to get. And weapons and accesories are grinds as well.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-23-2012, 11:26 AM
so does that mean that every character with a certain race/class in pvp will have the same stats?

that's retarded. there should be some choice in the matter. instead of a single set of equipment, there should be a selection of gear you can use in pvp, and one's choices allow for different strategies and such.

maynard
02-23-2012, 11:39 AM
ahhh i c.

as long as you can invest time 2 make yourself stand out above the rest (not cosmetically)

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-23-2012, 11:49 AM
Yes but not much time on gear, same applys to PvP. You will spend time hunting down specific abilities that end up being essential in specific instances and PvP situations. Which means at the end of the day, if you want to experience all instances... You'll be spending time preparing for them. Then again abet has always tried to be different then other mmos and they could very well change a lot of what they have stated thus far. So I wouldnt knock the game until its certain.

As for standing out, titles and minis are huuuuuggggeeeee

maynard
02-23-2012, 12:02 PM
I'm not knocking it... I just hate cosmetic shit... I only care about what makes my character better than yours.

also, what's mini's?

brett friggin favre
02-23-2012, 12:10 PM
i read into all the classes, looked at all the explanation/showoff videos for each class, and i can not decide. i will be rolling every single class like a boss.

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-23-2012, 12:22 PM
I'm not knocking it... I just hate cosmetic shit... I only care about what makes my character better than yours.

also, what's mini's? minis are just pets for show, ranging from common mobs, to lore characters and even real world things like my former panda bear mini. There is a sweet system in play within the game called birthdays. Every year your character exsists you get a gift box containing a random mini. There also aquaried threw PvP comps as prizes and last route is threw world events. Gw is huge on social world events that relate to its lore, like the cathan new year. World events provide alternative means to gain loot and special items and consumables lile cup cakes!!!! Tokens and other stuff gained threw mini games. I can only assume they would continue this in Gw 2

Google roller beetle gw

Confirmed there will be mini games
Also to get an idea of how these events will work read this. Its truly amazing if what they are saying works.
http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/dynamic-events/dynamic-events-overview/

Steamer
02-23-2012, 01:12 PM
Gear will matter in this game, just not a huge deal. GW has always been about balanced PVP with all having an equal opportunity to prove themselves. What will come into play to prove yourself above others is your skill in skill build, game mechanics, ect.

I have always loved the fact that GW doesn't "cheat" with allowing select players that spend thousands of hours in game to get extremely OP gear, some people have lives ya know, yet have more skill than a player that has spent hours upon hours in game. Pretty much, the PVP is based more on one's brainpower than cheap shit.

XX0wnsXY
02-23-2012, 01:24 PM
I believe the skill system will be like Gw. You get all the standard skills for your class, but can grind out AMD hunt down better skills from boss types and skill books. Think of the best skills as the best gear. Only one mob has the skill you are looking for. Gear still has stats based off what you rune on them which will still be hard to get. And weapons and accesories are grinds as well.

I will enjoy this. I always find amusement in things like this. It gives me something to look forward to. Like, artifact hunting in Rift. I LOVED that shit. I know it's silly...but I also care about cosmetics. So sue me :p

Steamer
02-23-2012, 01:27 PM
Diving right into PVP this time after launch, will do the main story as a side.

The funny thing about GW, if ya want to get rich very fast, PVP rewards were usually the quickest and most effective way to do so if you had the skill for it (ie: holding Halls and getting the chest rewards), not spending hours in PvE. Though they both net great in-game income in different ways.

I could get more in game cash holding Halls for one night, in half the time it took a player in PvE to do something. The flow is more stable, and not too dependent on economy change. Lets see how GW2 pans out with this.

Sin
02-23-2012, 01:28 PM
Gear will matter in this game, just not a huge deal. GW has always been about balanced PVP with all having an equal opportunity to prove themselves. What will come into play to prove yourself above others is your skill in skill build, game mechanics, ect.

I have always loved the fact that GW doesn't "cheat" with allowing select players that spend thousands of hours in game to get extremely OP gear, some people have lives ya know, yet have more skill than a player that has spent hours upon hours in game. Pretty much, the PVP is based more on one's brainpower than cheap shit.

This. ANet has stated that there will be no vertical gear progression. Any "end-game" gear is purely cosmetic. If you want to be different, that's the way you can go. No word on pets n shit that I've read, but they pioneered that shit so I'm sure they will be in eventually.

I gotta find the interview article.

EDIT: Also, level 80 will be the cap at launch.

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-23-2012, 01:28 PM
I will enjoy this. I always find amusement in things like this. It gives me something to look forward to. Like, artifact hunting in Rift. I LOVED that shit. I know it's silly...but I also care about cosmetics. So sue me :p I'm a sucker for a cute kitty or chart mini following me around. It's social aspect is amazing.

Also steamer, read about the story. To put it simply, no ones story line will be the same, each individual story will be unique to the person playing.

Steamer
02-23-2012, 01:56 PM
Also steamer, read about the story. To put it simply, no ones story line will be the same, each individual story will be unique to the person playing.

Point? Already knew this... Only partially unique.

XX0wnsXY
02-23-2012, 01:57 PM
http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/game-faq/#fifteen

Steamer
02-23-2012, 01:58 PM
No word on pets n shit that I've read, but they pioneered that shit so I'm sure they will be in eventually.

Pets will be playing a huge role in this game, depending on race and profession that is. There is info around somewhere, I've read a bit of it.

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-23-2012, 03:11 PM
Pets will be playing a huge role in this game, depending on race and profession that is. There is info around somewhere, I've read a bit of it.
Pets as in companion moss and wolves or pets as in cute minis that follow you around.

Sin
02-23-2012, 03:29 PM
Mini's are pointless and retarded. I hope they don't waste time making a "unique system" on them...

I know REAL pets play a major role, as the Ranger was an awesome pet class in the first GW.

Mikey, you would like cosmetic pets. You used to run around with your faggot rabbits in Rift all the time. LOL

EDIT: Now if they were to have mini's that had storage capabilities like in Aion then I would be all over that.

maynard
02-23-2012, 03:39 PM
the cosmetic pets are pointless... it's the same as wow... just another task 2 keep people busy.

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-23-2012, 03:50 PM
Mini's are pointless and retarded. I hope they don't waste time making a "unique system" on them...

I know REAL pets play a major role, as the Ranger was an awesome pet class in the first GW.

Mikey, you would like cosmetic pets. You used to run around with your faggot rabbits in Rift all the time. LOL

EDIT: Now if they were to have mini's that had storage capabilities like in Aion then I would be all over that. or minis that gave minor stat bonuses.....

At anyrate ass, you where all about the bunnies. I would run around with my chipmunk one young surge and everyone else's emo bunny craze they had.

Edit: it was pretty entertaining though raiding and seeing every one with there bunny hanging out like it was 1969.

maynard
02-23-2012, 03:51 PM
they ever significant stat bonuses?

Sin
02-23-2012, 03:56 PM
Fuck no, they better not have bullshit stat bonuses. Once you start adding shit like that to the game that adds to the bullshit grind. If they do add stat bonuses they should be unavailable in PvP.

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-23-2012, 04:32 PM
Give* not gave. Lol stupid phone, stupid work.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-23-2012, 05:18 PM
Fuck no, they better not have bullshit stat bonuses. Once you start adding shit like that to the game that adds to the bullshit grind. If they do add stat bonuses they should be unavailable in PvP.

then what's the point of having gear at all? you might as well be running around playing rock paper scissors

maynard
02-23-2012, 05:34 PM
if you don't like Grind, don't play MMORPG's lol... simple.

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-23-2012, 05:37 PM
I was thinking stats like +5% item drop rate, gold amount drop, luck. Somthing along those lines.

XX0wnsXY
02-23-2012, 06:48 PM
I like a grind. I like to feel that I've worked for my accomplishments. I'm not talking rediculous grind...but still..I don't mind working for my shit.

maynard
02-23-2012, 06:51 PM
I like a grind. I like to feel that I've worked for my accomplishments.

which has always been the core concept and point of MMORPG's... I hate when people bitch about the grind... if you don't like it, go play a regular RPG... MMORPG's have ALWAYS been grinding... it's just about how big or little of a grind it ultimately is 2 accomplish what you want in the game.

when MMORPG's first started they were EPICCCC grinds lol... todays MMORPG's are about as hard as twisting a rubber arm..... there hasn't even been an actual hardcore grind game since vanilla wow or final fantasy 11

they keep making MMORPG's easier so they can pull in more accounts which in turn obviously makes them more money.

Steamer
02-23-2012, 07:57 PM
There will be grind. You just won't have to do it for every damn thing in game. =)

Sin
02-23-2012, 08:42 PM
Of course there will be a grind, that goes without saying. What I was referring to was BULLSHIT grinds. Like vertical gear progression. Like rep grinds. Like title grinds.

And by "grind" I mean something that you're FORCED to do if you want to compete in the top tier. The gear grind is out of the question in this game, stats-wise anyway. There will be lots and lots of gear though, but mainly cosmetic. GW did it pretty much the same way. And Mikey, yeah stats like those are extra and is fine, I'm talking primary/secondary stat boosts from Mini's. That would be fucking retarded.

Aren't you guys tired of "gear grind" MMO's? Fuck. This game will be a breath of fresh air for once.

Edit: And when it comes to working for your accomplishments, I can understand, but gear? Especially RNG-based systems which are complete luck. And running the same dungeons over and over and over again to get that next tier you need for the following dungeons/raids? And then so on and so forth. I just don't see what's fun in that anymore, really. Unless you're experiencing it with friends or something. That isn't the core concept of MMO's, it's the WoW concept of MMO's. I don't even know what you could call a core concept of MMORPG's, except for the old days where you could level up specific stats every level and choose new skills on the fly instead of going to a shitty trainer every time you level up. If anyone played Ultima Online here, you know what I mean.

All-in-all, I'm bitter as fuck about my MMO's these last few years, and I just want these developers to stop making me pay to beta test their shitty games after launch.

FUCK!

Yes WoW, Aion, Rift, DCUO, SWTOR, AoC etc... all disappointing pieces of shit.

/rant

acolyte_to_jippity
02-23-2012, 09:25 PM
but, what's the point of gear then?

brett friggin favre
02-23-2012, 09:38 PM
there's a difference between A GRIND and GRINDING.

grinding implies simply killing enemies for experience (i.e. no quests).

a grind is a long, drawn out road to max level.

A GRIND is fine, but GRINDING is just annoying as hell.

FAil Boat
02-23-2012, 10:07 PM
Of course there will be a grind, that goes without saying. What I was referring to was BULLSHIT grinds. Like vertical gear progression. Like rep grinds. Like title grinds.

And by "grind" I mean something that you're FORCED to do if you want to compete in the top tier. The gear grind is out of the question in this game, stats-wise anyway. There will be lots and lots of gear though, but mainly cosmetic. GW did it pretty much the same way. And Mikey, yeah stats like those are extra and is fine, I'm talking primary/secondary stat boosts from Mini's. That would be fucking retarded.

Aren't you guys tired of "gear grind" MMO's? Fuck. This game will be a breath of fresh air for once.

Edit: And when it comes to working for your accomplishments, I can understand, but gear? Especially RNG-based systems which are complete luck. And running the same dungeons over and over and over again to get that next tier you need for the following dungeons/raids? And then so on and so forth. I just don't see what's fun in that anymore, really. Unless you're experiencing it with friends or something. That isn't the core concept of MMO's, it's the WoW concept of MMO's. I don't even know what you could call a core concept of MMORPG's, except for the old days where you could level up specific stats every level and choose new skills on the fly instead of going to a shitty trainer every time you level up. If anyone played Ultima Online here, you know what I mean.

All-in-all, I'm bitter as fuck about my MMO's these last few years, and I just want these developers to stop making me pay to beta test their shitty games after launch.

FUCK!

Yes WoW, Aion, Rift, DCUO, SWTOR, AoC etc... all disappointing pieces of shit.

/rant

I've played aion rift and swtor and I completely agree. Pisses me off that I put money into things they don't seem to care enough about to fix bugs and make it a fun game. It's annoying as shit! I'm hoping gw2 will change everything. I don't think i made it into the beta :(

Steamer
02-23-2012, 10:16 PM
but, what's the point of gear then?

Just get out, if you ever played GW to a decent level you would already know about the different gear types. Prestige is cosmetic in PvE as well as PvE, there are still other key elements as far as AR +/- type to gear to build strategy goes.

Sin
02-23-2012, 10:18 PM
there's a difference between A GRIND and GRINDING.

a grind is a long, drawn out road to max level.

A GRIND is fine, but GRINDING is just annoying as hell.

That used to be the case, then "grind" evolved into so many things. Quest grinding, gear grinding, mob grinding, rep grinding... LOL My thing is, time sinks are okay AS long as there is a goal.

And when it comes to gear, don't get me wrong, I'm not talking about having the same piece of gear as you level from 1 - 80. What I'm complaining about is the typical "end-game" gear grind. As you level of course you're gonna get that new piece of gear that's going to help make you more powerful, that's fine and great and I DO love that.

Also, ANET has mentioned that there will be no typical "end-game" in that once you hit 80 the game changes. They want you to be doing the same or similar things to what you were doing as you leveled. Just like GW1.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-23-2012, 10:34 PM
I've played aion rift and swtor and I completely agree. Pisses me off that I put money into things they don't seem to care enough about to fix bugs and make it a fun game. It's annoying as shit! I'm hoping gw2 will change everything. I don't think i made it into the beta :(

i don't think they've sent out acceptances yet

FAil Boat
02-23-2012, 11:11 PM
i don't think they've sent out acceptances yet
oh... I signed up with 2 different email addresses just in case. lol

maynard
02-23-2012, 11:31 PM

lol no it doesn't it implies you're doing 1 of the many things that involve grinding in an mmo... there isn't just killing mobs. you can grind quests, grind professions, grind mobs for loot, grind them for xp... the list goes on...

the only diff between grinding and grind is grind is referring 2 it as where grinding implies you're doing it or are referring 2 it in the sense someone is doing it.

Sin
02-24-2012, 01:17 PM
lol no it doesn't it implies you're doing 1 of the many things that involve grinding in an mmo... there isn't just killing mobs. you can grind quests, grind professions, grind mobs for loot, grind them for xp... the list goes on...

the only diff between grinding and grind is grind is referring 2 it as where grinding implies you're doing it or are referring 2 it in the sense someone is doing it.

Yeah, and it's safe to say every MMO has a grind. If it didn't it would have no time sinks and people wouldn't play it for long. I remember SWG had a HUGE profession and mob grind just to have the chance to become a Jedi... what a pain in the ass, but it was fun back then.

maynard
02-24-2012, 02:45 PM
SWG was EPIC back in the day.

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-24-2012, 03:42 PM
What are all looking forward to the most regarding this game?

Is have to say underwater dynamic content and exploration.

FAil Boat
02-24-2012, 06:26 PM
I'm looking forward to skill based pvp. Gear based pvp is no fun. Exploring a new game is always awesome.

Steamer
02-24-2012, 07:07 PM
I'm looking forward to skill based pvp.

This. And of coarse the epic story lines.

Sin
02-26-2012, 01:32 AM
Skill based PvP, far and wide. It's about fucking time.

EDIT: PCGamer review http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/guild-wars-2-beta-all-your-questions-answered/

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-29-2012, 07:56 AM
When are they sending out acceptance emails

Sin
02-29-2012, 09:17 AM
Beta weekend is over Mikey. They sent them out last friday. The next beta will be near the end of March they said.

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-29-2012, 09:54 AM
Beta weekend is over Mikey. They sent them out last friday. The next beta will be near the end of March they said. i don't trust you.

Can someone who isn't a renowned troll answer my question?

Sin
02-29-2012, 10:04 AM
Lol Seriously, Mikey. I've been keeping up with this game for a while now. Ever since this past beta weekend so much information on the game has been released.

The trait system is super neat!

acolyte_to_jippity
02-29-2012, 11:23 AM
Beta weekend is over Mikey. They sent them out last friday. The next beta will be near the end of March they said.

the recent signups were for the end of march.

not sure what you're talking about with "they sent them out last friday"

Sin
02-29-2012, 11:37 AM
Yeah you're right, I misread their tweets/fb updates. The beta weekend that passed was for the press.

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-29-2012, 11:39 AM
the recent signups were for the end of march.

not sure what you're talking about with "they sent them out last friday" due to my 6000+ hours spent in Gw and my extremely strong personal connection with the game. Combined with the fact that I will be over seas for the game release. Him and several others find great amusement in trolling me in regards to beta and a chance to be given such an esteemed honor.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-29-2012, 11:39 AM
Yeah you're right, I misread their tweets/fb updates. The beta weekend that passed was for the press.

alright. i was confused. i hate twitter, so i wasn't sure if i was doing something wrong.

Sin
02-29-2012, 11:45 AM
They combined the announcement about the beta keys between the two media. Plus all the info coming from different MMO/Gaming sites it all got jumbled up.

They did say that they will start to send out keys in early March, and will continue to send them through March, but the next beta weekend will be at the end of March (no date yet).

So yeah, they haven't sent them out from the sign-ups last week. Either way, Mikey, and everyone else who signed up last week before they shut the sign-ups down, will still have a chance to get in.

maynard
02-29-2012, 03:58 PM
sswweett

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-29-2012, 07:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFdWA3GrUsw&feature=related

I also hope they do there bans similar to how they did it in GW's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1LalZ1yY2k&feature=related

XX0wnsXY
03-02-2012, 02:17 PM
Omg...gw2 is going to have puzzles! They posted one on facebook. This makes me excite! That was one of the elements I loved about rift..it also promoted exploration..which is my forte!

maynard
03-02-2012, 04:26 PM
....lame!

Steamer
03-02-2012, 04:37 PM
....lame!

Yes...

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-02-2012, 05:08 PM
Omg...gw2 is going to have puzzles! They posted one on facebook. This makes me excite! That was one of the elements I loved about rift..it also promoted exploration..which is my forte!if you say so columbus :3. I wonder if there will be under water cities to explore!

Steamer
03-02-2012, 05:15 PM
if you say so columbus :3. I wonder if there will be under water cities to explore!

They already said there will be....

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-02-2012, 05:34 PM
They already said there will be.... eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I can't wait tell summer 2013

Steamer
03-02-2012, 05:38 PM
eeeeeeeeeeeee I can't wait until beta weekend opens. :smirk:

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-02-2012, 05:41 PM
eeeeeeeeeeeee I can't wait until beta weekend opens. :smirk: I don't have high hopes ): I always get fucked when I truly want somthing.

maynard
03-02-2012, 06:04 PM
beta WEEKEND?

it's like the fucking swtor beta?!?

Steamer
03-02-2012, 06:33 PM
beta WEEKEND?

it's like the fucking swtor beta?!?

I've said too much already........

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-02-2012, 06:48 PM
I've said too much already........ I suppose ill be the one to say, you don't know Jack shit! Unless of course you tell your contact to help a desperate soldier who won't be around for launch.

Steamer
03-02-2012, 09:36 PM
I suppose ill be the one to say, you don't know Jack shit! Unless of course you tell your contact to help a desperate soldier who won't be around for launch.

Come again.

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-02-2012, 09:57 PM
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guild:%EC%B9%98_The_Spearmen_%EC%B9%98

http://www.guildwars.com/community/guildweek/gotw-2006-10-10-thespearmen.php

Come again.

i fail to see your affiliation with this guild, you keep your silly guild, this is mine http://www.sickalliance.com/index.php

kidding btw lolol

Steamer
03-03-2012, 12:26 AM
HEY! lol

Sure you fail to.... :smirk:

KISS? lolololol Fucking peons... I have been in two guilds in GW, the former being PTK, also from CB1. DOA 3m foundry farm... < Me and Skillz pioneered and built that shit, 5 man clear, we also built, perfect the base ideas to BP, EoE Bomb, ect, the amount of jank and gimmick me and some buds introduced to the game is hilarious, especially watching everyone trying to copy the builds. I fucking miss BP Tombs/UW/FoW w/ the Orders MM spammer. HA gimmicks and jank is fucking hilarious. Recently we went in ninja and destroyed HA with a shit jank ranger ball. Lmfao. Unlimited minions was win....

XX0wnsXY
03-03-2012, 04:31 AM
Hey, no, let me tell you guys something. That is NOT lame. :(

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-07-2012, 07:12 AM
So I'm sure most of you know about the hall of monuments. I for one and I'm sure owns as well are interested in the cosmetic aspects of Gw2, the hom from Gw1 gives you weapons, gear and minis depending on how much you have completed and gives these items in Gw2. I plan on playing Gw a lot more and creating a new character this weekend to try and complete as much as possible for items and cosmetic gear in Gw2 and am wondering if any of you wish to join.

Sin
03-07-2012, 09:09 AM
Tried to go back to GW1 a few weeks ago... I can't get over how clunky everything feels.

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-07-2012, 09:16 AM
Tried to go back to GW1 a few weeks ago... I can't get over how clunky everything feels. clunky? What do you mean. i demand an explanation because as I was typing this I walked head first into some scaffolding. Direct hit to the temple.

Sin
03-07-2012, 09:19 AM
It just feels outdated. Maybe the fact that there is no "jump" feature brings me back to SWG days, too. I jump around everywhere in games, especially ones that require a lot of travel time on foot.

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-07-2012, 09:30 AM
It just feels outdated. Maybe the fact that there is no "jump" feature brings me back to SWG days, too. I jump around everywhere in games, especially ones that require a lot of travel time on foot. lol I tried the same shit when i logged in the other day. At least the game is still more visually appealing then let's say, wow or star wars.

Just use /jump

maynard
03-07-2012, 12:19 PM
GW1 more visually appealing than WoW? you must be kidding lol

Sin
03-07-2012, 12:31 PM
It was. WoW looked like shit even back then, but that was the point. To go with a stylized artistic approach that wouldn't become outdated over the years. Exactly the same thing BW went with, with SWTOR.

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-07-2012, 12:35 PM
GW1 more visually appealing than WoW? you must be kidding lol
I dont like playing games that look like the characters where drawn by a 10 year old boy having nightmares about him being raped by a orge.

acolyte_to_jippity
03-07-2012, 12:41 PM
I dont like playing games that look like the characters where drawn by a 10 year old boy having nightmares about him being raped by a orge.

what in the name of fuck is an orge?

maynard
03-07-2012, 12:41 PM
the character models are more realistic in GW... but that hardly means it's games visuals are better and or more artistic. GW put very little into there actual backgrounds and scenery's in comparison 2 WoW.

not sure about you, but when I play a MMORPG... I'm not staring at myself constantly, I'm looking at my enemies, and surroundings...

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-07-2012, 12:49 PM
what in the name of fuck is an orge? Its a Mentally handicapped Ogre.

maynard
03-07-2012, 12:51 PM
Its a Mentally handicapped Ogre.

go play space marine... they got lots of those in there.

XX0wnsXY
03-07-2012, 12:53 PM
the character models are more realistic in GW... but that hardly means it's games visuals are better and or more artistic. GW put very little into there actual backgrounds and scenery's in comparison 2 WoW.

not sure about you, but when I play a MMORPG... I'm not staring at myself constantly, I'm looking at my enemies, and surroundings...

Well..uhh..I do stare at myself a lot. I'm self involved when it comes to my character. Not that I am like those weirdos that feel that their character is a part of them..that's just retardation at it's finest. I'm saying...when my character is hott..I stare. LOL.

maynard
03-07-2012, 12:54 PM
Well..uhh..I do stare at myself a lot. I'm self involved when it comes to my character. Not that I am like those weirdos that feel that their character is a part of them..that's just retardation at it's finest. I'm saying...when my character is hott..I stare. LOL.

when you first start playing maybe, or get some new gear that you're happy with. the bulk of the time you will be watching your enemies, or the bosses you're fighting... not 2 mention when exploring you look at the visuals around you and the detail put into things.

bu even all that aside... I agree the character models are more realistic in GW... but that hardly means GW as a game is more visually appealing than WoW

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-07-2012, 01:17 PM
go play space marine... they got lots of those in there. Thank you for the suggestion but id rather not considering i have a severe phobia of mentally Challenged life forms. Taz scares the living shit out me.

XX0wnsXY
03-07-2012, 01:20 PM
Thank you for the suggestion but id rather not considering i have a severe phobia of mentally Challenged life forms. Taz scares the living shit out me.

rofllllllll

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-07-2012, 01:22 PM
you probably thought i was joking but in reality, words cant describe how sincere my previous post really is.

maynard
03-07-2012, 01:23 PM
not only are the orcs mentally challenged... but they all are from London in that game... not sure why they thought using English voice actors for ogre's was an intelligent idea? ... taz was prob head of the project.

Sin
03-07-2012, 01:38 PM
Cuz Warhammer's the shit!

acolyte_to_jippity
03-07-2012, 01:39 PM
Cuz Warhammer's the shit!

40k or fantasy?

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-07-2012, 01:58 PM
Fuck, I'm mortified. Does this mean every Britt iv met is mentally challenged?

maynard
03-07-2012, 02:09 PM
curdy's alright.

Sin
03-07-2012, 02:42 PM
40k or fantasy?

40k ofc. Can't wait for that MMO.

acolyte_to_jippity
03-07-2012, 05:43 PM
40k ofc. Can't wait for that MMO.

indeed. i'm reading the soul drinkers omnibus atm.

maynard
03-07-2012, 05:57 PM
the fantasy game pwwns... just requires a lot of time and money.

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-10-2012, 07:58 PM
anyone got a couple min? Need a favor in GW1, all i need you to do is help me transfer some items from one account to my main account. PM me on steam if you will help, thanks!

Sin
03-12-2012, 11:39 AM
In just over 48 hours, 1 million players signed up for a chance to participate in upcoming Guild Wars 2 beta events. Although we wish we could invite everyone who signed up to playtest the beta, we do have a limited number of slots available for each event and not everyone will be able to play. We know you're very eager for us to send out beta invitations, and we will be sending these confirmations out shortly.

In the meantime, we've prepared a little thank you for all those who applied - a brand new video that features never-before-seen in-game footage.

Just head over to the Guild Wars 2 Facebook page and "Like" us to watch the video! Thanks for your support, and we'll see you in game!

Email I received from ANET a few mins ago.

acolyte_to_jippity
03-12-2012, 11:41 AM
Email I received from ANET a few mins ago.

same. the vid looks amazing, though i was sad at first when i read the "unfortunately" part lol.

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-12-2012, 11:48 AM
this is fucking bullshit.

nvm

Sin
03-12-2012, 12:33 PM
Lulz Mikey.

XX0wnsXY
03-12-2012, 12:46 PM
I didn't get any stinkin' Email...

maynard
03-12-2012, 03:57 PM

oh noes!

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-12-2012, 04:09 PM

Don't worry, all it was, was just a very disheartening email that chopped at the hopes of getting into beta. Then proceeded to link you to a video that congratulated ones self for getting into beta.

acolyte_to_jippity
03-12-2012, 04:44 PM
Don't worry, all it was, was just a very disheartening email that chopped at the hopes of getting into beta. Then proceeded to link you to a video that congratulated ones self for getting into beta.

god damnit. my video just showed like, 30 seconds worth of gameplay footage

XX0wnsXY
03-12-2012, 04:49 PM
Now I got it :/...suspense!

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-12-2012, 04:51 PM
god damnit. my video just showed like, 30 seconds worth of gameplay footage. Yay, that's the one, before thebfootage of my future self in beta some guy said "blah blah blah you got in beta, blah blah blah you got in beta". It was all extremely well hidden subliminal messages.

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-13-2012, 12:01 PM
DOUBLE POST BUMB!

https://buy.guildwars2.com/

XX0wnsXY
03-13-2012, 01:46 PM
DOUBLE POST BUMB!

https://buy.guildwars2.com/

I have this marked on my calendar of win.

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-13-2012, 02:02 PM
I have this marked on my calendar of win. you should be able to buy the Collectors addition right now.

Sin
03-13-2012, 04:02 PM
They should include a closed beta key with pre-order purchases, like Tera is doing.

That would be AMAZING!

Steamer
03-13-2012, 07:23 PM
I have this marked on my calendar of win.

you should be able to buy the Collectors addition right now.

They should include a closed beta key with pre-order purchases, like Tera is doing.

That would be AMAZING!

This!!!!!!!!!

https://buy.guildwars2.com/collectors-edition.

I will be getting the Deluxe. CE has nothing over it atm like it did with GW with the glowing particles on hands and holo dances, ect.

XX0wnsXY
03-14-2012, 12:02 AM
This!!!!!!!!!

https://buy.guildwars2.com/collectors-edition.

I will be getting the Deluxe. CE has nothing over it atm like it did with GW with the glowing particles on hands and holo dances, ect.

Am i reading correctly that the CE is 149.99? wowsuh...still gettin it.

Sin
03-14-2012, 07:33 AM
Only good thing the CE has is the statue. That's pretty sick.

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-14-2012, 08:30 AM
Only good thing the CE has is the statue. That's pretty sick. one of the reasons I'm going collector. I will not go collector under 1 condition though. If I'm not in the next beta.. I'm saving 75$

Sin
03-14-2012, 09:49 AM
Well, until ANET comes right out and says that pre-orders will receive beta access, I wouldn't pre-order anything.

acolyte_to_jippity
03-14-2012, 10:11 AM
Well, until ANET comes right out and says that pre-orders will receive beta access, I wouldn't pre-order anything.

All pre-purchase editions include these exclusive bonuses:

Access to all Guild Wars 2Beta Weekend Events

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-14-2012, 11:22 AM
also, on there official facebook page

Guild Wars 2
From 10th April, players can pre-purchase the Guild Wars 2 Collector’s, Digital Deluxe or Standard Editions from buy.guildwars2.com or select retailers. All players that pre-purchase Guild Wars 2 will be given access to all upcoming beta events and will be given head start access prior to release. Follow the link for more information about this and our incredible Collector’s Edition!

acolyte_to_jippity
03-14-2012, 11:37 AM
also, on there official facebook page

Guild Wars 2
From 10th April, players can pre-purchase the Guild Wars 2 Collector’s, Digital Deluxe or Standard Editions from buy.guildwars2.com or select retailers. All players that pre-purchase Guild Wars 2 will be given access to all upcoming beta events and will be given head start access prior to release. Follow the link for more information about this and our incredible Collector’s Edition!

according to their twitter, there's a difference between pre-purchase and pre-order

maynard
03-14-2012, 11:39 AM
cause that makes sense.

Sin
03-14-2012, 12:05 PM
Well pre-orders at retailers usually just mean a $5 fee for a beta key, but this is good news! I will def be pre-ordering on April 10th. :O

acolyte_to_jippity
03-14-2012, 12:22 PM
cause that makes sense.

sarcasm?

maynard
03-14-2012, 12:26 PM
sarcasm?

mmmhmmm

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-14-2012, 12:27 PM
The difference is that a pre order implys small amount of money down for you to reaerve for relase day in which you pay full price, pre purchase is when you pay full price upfront and wait for release day.

maynard
03-14-2012, 12:33 PM
I'm aware of what they are trying 2 do mikey....

my point is it's splitting hairs, nothing more.

pre purchase and pre order are the same thing lol. they are both steps 2 own the game, nothing more. if they are scared of people putting down 5 dollar minimum 2 get a beta key, then they could easily only offer it 2 those who buy the game out right.

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-14-2012, 12:55 PM
I'm aware of what they are trying 2 do mikey....

my point is it's splitting hairs, nothing more.

pre purchase and pre order are the same thing lol. they are both steps 2 own the game, nothing more. if they are scared of people putting down 5 dollar minimum 2 get a beta key, then they could easily only offer it 2 those who buy the game out right.

Which is exactly what they are doing with the pre purchase.

maynard
03-14-2012, 01:03 PM
I'm getting the original version as I don't give a shit about the art book or CD, nor do I think they make it worth over double the game price.... not a lore fan when it comes 2 this game.

XX0wnsXY
03-14-2012, 01:12 PM
I'm getting the original version as I don't give a shit about the art book or CD, nor do I think they make it worth over double the game price.... not a lore fan when it comes 2 this game.

Not me! I'm chompin' at the bit to pay double price for useless items.

maynard
03-14-2012, 01:16 PM
I'm 2 on the fence with this game 2 drop that kind of money.

acolyte_to_jippity
03-14-2012, 01:26 PM

THIS!!!!

this, right here!

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-14-2012, 01:41 PM
Clearly non of you understand guild wars glory..... You underestimate its power.

XX0wnsXY
03-14-2012, 01:43 PM
Clearly non of you understand guild wars glory..... You underestimate its power.

I'm excited, but I'm keeping my expectations in check. Too many MMOs have promised gamechanging gameplay and excellence and fell way too short. We will see!

maynard
03-14-2012, 01:44 PM
if GW1 wasn't such a horrible game I might care about it's lore... but it was and I don't... so here we are....

am looking forward 2 trying GW2 though.

Steamer
03-14-2012, 05:25 PM
if GW1 wasn't such a horrible game I might care about it's lore... but it was and I don't... so here we are....

am looking forward 2 trying GW2 though.

GW1 wasn't a horrible game at all. At the time it came out it was rather great, it's shown its age lately very well.

Also, the statue and book shit are not worth all that extra money to me, I want more in game shit.

maynard
03-14-2012, 05:44 PM
no... it sucked. if you want 2 compare it 2 MMORPG's which is exactly how they marketed the game, it sucked.

couldn't even go where ever you wanted on the maps lol... was so linear.

I only played it cause they constantly kept claiming it's a MMORPG with no fee! yeah... the no fee really reflected the game and how it operated. hated it, had little 2 no fun playing it.

also no jump = fail.

Steamer
03-14-2012, 06:41 PM
It sucked to you, others loved it. The games success and profit proves otherwise.

maynard
03-14-2012, 07:09 PM
It sucked to you

Sure did.:wtg:

Fluffy Frufflebottoms
03-14-2012, 07:31 PM
no... it sucked. if you want 2 compare it 2 MMORPG's which is exactly how they marketed the game, it sucked.

couldn't even go where ever you wanted on the maps lol... was so linear.

I only played it cause they constantly kept claiming it's a MMORPG with no fee! yeah... the no fee really reflected the game and how it operated. hated it, had little 2 no fun playing it.

also no jump = fail.

They specifically marketed it as not being an MMORPG. I think they coined the term "CORPG," and they made strides to separate the game from the MMORPG genre.

maynard
03-14-2012, 07:36 PM
I could careless what terms were coined lol... they talked the talk and did not walk the walk.

they also made claims that it would be like a MMORPG that has no monthly fee, and it wasn't anything like a MMORPG... when you leave town, no ones there unless they are in your party... there's nothing MMORPG about that... I could name many more reasons... but see no point.

if you like the game, good for you. just stated why I don't.

Fluffy Frufflebottoms
03-14-2012, 07:42 PM
I could careless what terms were coined lol... they talked the talk and did not walk the walk.

they also made claims that it would be like a MMORPG that has no monthly fee, and it wasn't anything like a MMORPG... when you leave town, no ones there unless they are in your party... there's nothing MMORPG about that... I could name many more reasons... but see no point.

if you like the game, good for you. just stated why I don't.

Did you ignore the part where I told you that they specifically said that their game was not an MMORPG, and that they highlighted the fact at every turn?

maynard
03-14-2012, 07:43 PM
funny cause it was an ad on their website claiming that if I liked MMORPG's id love their game.. hence why I bought it lol...

Fluffy Frufflebottoms
03-14-2012, 07:51 PM
funny cause it was an ad on their website claiming that if I liked MMORPG's id love their game.. hence why I bought it lol...

So you buy products solely based on singular advertisements, and make no effort to understand what it is that you're purchasing? Suggesting that you'll like product X if you enjoy genre Y does not mean that product X belongs to genre Y.

It's okay to be wrong. You don't have to be defensive.

maynard
03-14-2012, 07:53 PM
how am I wrong? they made a claim, it was false.... I'm not seeing where exactly I was wrong. and I believe I talked with mikey about the game before I purchased it... but the end result is you can't really know a game till you play it... I also am down 2 try any RPG.

and the only person wrong is you, as they strait up did compare it 2 a mmorpg

Fluffy Frufflebottoms
03-14-2012, 07:56 PM
how am I wrong? they made a claim, it was false.... I'm not seeing where exactly I was wrong. and I believe I talked with mikey about the game before I purchased it... but the end result is you can't really know a game till you play it... I also am down 2 try any RPG.

Where did they make the claim that it was an MMORPG? The entire initial marketing campaign centered around the fact that the game wasn't a traditional MMORPG, so when you're suggesting that they marketed the game as an MMORPG, that's where you're wrong.

Is Guild Wars an MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game)?

Guild Wars has some similarities to existing MMORPGs, but it also has some key differences. Like existing MMOs, Guild Wars is played entirely online in a secure hosted environment. Thousands of players inhabit the same virtual world. Players can meet new friends in gathering places like towns and outposts where they form parties and go questing with them. Unlike many MMOs, when players form a party and embark upon a quest in Guild Wars, they get their own private copy of the area where the quest takes place. This design eliminates some of the frustrating gameplay elements commonly associated with MMOs, such as spawn camping, loot stealing, and standing in a queue in order to complete a quest.

Guild Wars takes place in a large virtual world made up of many different zones, and players can walk from one end of the world to the other. In Guild Wars much of the tedium of traveling through the world has been eliminated. Players can instantly return to any safe area (town or outpost) that they have previously visited just by clicking on it in the world overview map.

Rather than labeling Guild Wars an MMORPG, we prefer to call it a CORPG (Competitive Online Role-Playing Game). Guild Wars was designed from the ground up to create the best possible competitive role-playing experience. Success in Guild Wars is always the result of player skill, not time spent playing or the size of one's guild. As characters progress, they acquire a diverse set of skills and items, enabling them to use new strategies in combat. Players can do battle in open arenas or compete in guild-vs-guild warfare or the international tournament. Engaging in combat is always the player's choice, however; there is no player-killing in cooperative areas of the world.

Players in Guild Wars can play with or against players from around the world in the global tournaments and arenas. And while players are initially placed in a region based on their selected language (so that there is a greater likelihood that others will be speaking their language) they can join up in the always-available International District to form parties and to play with anyone from anywhere in the world.

maynard
03-14-2012, 07:57 PM
no I'm not cause when I went on their website 2 further check it out, they had an add up at the time talking about the game, and they were comparing it 2 an MMORPG with no monthly fee. last I checked, that's marketing.

also if you're going 2 further try and split hairs or some shit I honestly don't care.

they told me one thing, it was another...

Fluffy Frufflebottoms
03-14-2012, 08:00 PM
no I'm not cause when I went on their website 2 further check it out, they had an add up at the time talking about the game, and they were comparing it 2 an MMORPG with no monthly fee. last I checked, that's marketing.

also if you're going 2 further try and split hairs or some shit I honestly don't care.

they told me one thing, it was another...

Split hairs? You're making a claim that's outright wrong. Calling you out on it isn't splitting hairs for any measure of hair.

maynard
03-14-2012, 08:15 PM
ummm they had an add up which said one thing.... the game turned out 2 be another and I say that from a long history of playing MMORPG's.

not sure what you aren't getting about this incredibly simple situation. I don't care what you read and where, I'm telling you what was posted up as info regarding the game directly on their website when I purchased it, and what they said was 1 of the reasons I purchased it. what they said elsewhere, or said later on I could careless as it's completely irrelevant 2 my situation

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

back on topic.....

WHERES MY FUCKING BETA INVITE! I wana try this damn game out already before mikeys excessive salivating floods the world.

Steamer
03-14-2012, 09:03 PM
Go make a GW1 thread and argue in that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Idk... Linsey must have lost yours, and Mikey's. :smirk:

XX0wnsXY
03-15-2012, 12:27 AM
Go make a GW1 thread and argue in that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Idk... Lindsey must have lost yours, and Mikey's. :smirk:

.....!

maynard
03-15-2012, 12:36 AM
fuck you both!:smirk:

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-15-2012, 06:31 AM
it would be a shame if she saw all this name dropping steamer! (If she even exists)

Sin
03-15-2012, 07:27 AM
Shaniqua should be sending me my key at any moment here. I'm glad I went to kindergarten with her. Bahaha!

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-15-2012, 10:41 AM
Shaniqua should be sending me my key at any moment here. I'm glad I went to kindergarten with her. Bahaha! man can that Bitch give a blow job <3

Sin
03-15-2012, 11:36 AM
Inappropriate Mikey. Shaniqua would not be amused. No key for you.

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-15-2012, 03:51 PM
Inappropriate Mikey. Shaniqua would not be amused. No key for you. oh jezz ... Oh man.. i feel dumb. Tell her I apologize, iconfused her with shanaynay

Sin
03-15-2012, 04:09 PM
I believe that's her mother. She's thoroughly upset, Mikey. Your IP range will most likely be blacklisted from the GW2 servers. Better get acquainted with proxies and tunnels maaaaan.

Sorry.

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-15-2012, 04:26 PM
I believe that's her mother. She's thoroughly upset, Mikey. Your IP range will most likely be blacklisted from the GW2 servers. Better get acquainted with proxies and tunnels maaaaan.

Sorry.. Nah shanaymay isn't a mother, I met her in Vegas. Shes a prostitute who wore fancy business cloths. I always thought it was strange when she would scream help when we had sex... Was kinda kinky.

Steamer
03-15-2012, 05:28 PM
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/User:Linsey_Murdock

"I am a Spearwoman. 치 The Spearmen 치 [치치치치]

Thank you for the offers, but I am not accepting any guild invites. I've been in The Spearmen for a long time and I'm quite content there."

Asshats.

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-15-2012, 06:42 PM
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/User:Linsey_Murdock

"I am a Spearwoman. 치 The Spearmen 치 [치치치치]

Thank you for the offers, but I am not accepting any guild invites. I've been in The Spearmen for a long time and I'm quite content there."

Asshats.

Awe steamer, i admire your willingness to take time in creating a fake Wiki page.

Steamer
03-15-2012, 07:38 PM
Trolololol >.>

Shadow_√II
03-17-2012, 11:02 AM
http://www.facebook.com/GuildWars2/posts/10150658968674209 :icon_mrgreen::icon_mrgreen:

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-17-2012, 11:36 AM
The Time has come

XX0wnsXY
03-17-2012, 12:49 PM
The Time has come

For what?

acolyte_to_jippity
03-17-2012, 12:54 PM
For what?

to wait and hope!!!

just like we've been doing the last few weeks...BUT THE TIME HAS STILL COME

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-17-2012, 01:22 PM
They have started giving out beta keys!

XX0wnsXY
03-20-2012, 01:20 PM
Discussion of the microtransaction system. Sounds promising. Allows players to trade gems (the microtransaction currency) for in game gold and vice versa, thus limiting the need for RMT companies, and still allowing the company to make money and the players to have more control..

http://www.arena.net/blog/mike-obrien-on-microtransactions-in-guild-wars-2

Steamer
03-20-2012, 05:17 PM
Idea is good if they stick strictly to the no advantage in play over anyone else. If so, I support this, if not, this will be a cutting deal in time spent in game.

maynard
03-20-2012, 05:27 PM
similar 2 what D3 is doing.

Xerenix
03-28-2012, 03:48 PM
Managed to save up some money for the Pre-Purchase edition and due to error on game store website, already pre-ordered it even before it was supposed to be available and cheaper than it was supposed to be too :D

XX0wnsXY
03-28-2012, 03:50 PM
Managed to save up some money for the Pre-Purchase edition and due to error on supplier website, already pre-ordered it even before it was supposed to be available and cheaper than it was supposed to be too :D

Do tell....error still there? 0. o

Xerenix
03-28-2012, 04:00 PM
Do tell....error still there? 0. o

Swedish website. It was the same way with Swtor CE edition, They put it up on the website when the game is announced even before the pre-order and cost info is released at sometimes a lower price then if you pre-order it then, the order remains with the said price even if they remove it from the website or update the price.

XX0wnsXY
04-10-2012, 12:36 AM
Todaaaaaaaaaaay is the dayyyyyy!

DJ_MikeyRevile
04-10-2012, 06:44 AM
53925393\

I will have my CE tmrw! I will then proceed with the box unwrapping in a dim, candle lit room, a boombox with a open cd tray in which i will insert my new soundtrack CD. I then will begin reading the Making guildwars book to my new charr statue, when this is all said and done i will make sweet love to my CE box and thank Arena net for taking my moneys.