PDA

View Full Version : The N word.

Rob
12-10-2010, 12:34 PM
Okay, so as i am typing this, i am in ZM talking to Placard man, He used the "N" word, we all know what that would be.

I told him to not use it. then he went on about how everyone in the server yesterday, and the day before was using it, including admin ProRanger.

I don't give a flying fuck if its not directed at anyone, admins throwing the word around in the server do NOT set a good example, and cause the entire server to use it.

Placardman: "superranger said nigger and his friends did too, so i said N****r too. Proranger i mean. And his friends used n****r. and i said n****r too. so i thought it was okay."

I have a copy of the entire conversation with him, deleted all the clutter.
if its needed, then ill add it later.

(yes i know the first n word is not censored. i did that on purpose.)

BladeTwinSwords
12-10-2010, 12:41 PM
Wait, isn't ProRanger black

acolyte_to_jippity
12-10-2010, 12:42 PM

who gives a fuck?

i believe in equality.

Christmas
12-10-2010, 02:46 PM
ZERO said you can use those words if they aren't directed to anyone.

Which contradicts his ruling on the Kool Kats Klub (founded by a black man).

ProRanger!!!
12-10-2010, 02:58 PM
Placardman is kinda known for constantly saying the n-word. However, i'm not a admin -_-. I don't use the n-word as I would be encouraging people to use it and i'm pretty sure NessLookAlike started a ban request thread on another player for this very reason.

ProRanger!!!
12-10-2010, 03:00 PM

Sorry for the double post. Blade yeah I am black. And Placard was pretty much aiming it at everyone when I was on with him so....

NLA
12-10-2010, 03:13 PM

I was just thinking the same thing.

whytboiz33
12-10-2010, 03:48 PM

do you even still play on our servers?

or is our clan so leet that you like to post on our forums?

maynard
12-10-2010, 04:03 PM
I don't give a flying fuck if its not directed at anyone, admins throwing the word around in the server do NOT set a good example, and cause the entire server to use it.

if you got a problem with zero's rules, take it up with him... I don't recommend it though seeing how this issue has come up many times and ends the same way every time.

-=NYS=- C.O.
12-10-2010, 05:18 PM

I seriously LOL'ed !

Christmas
12-10-2010, 05:50 PM

Hey, we can't all be 100% pure.

whytboiz33
12-10-2010, 07:17 PM
so, with that, youre a basic troll with nothing better to do.

all i needed to know bud!!

Christmas
12-10-2010, 09:50 PM

You keep taking the bait so apparently I know how to strike a chord with you.

It's the internets, bro.

taz1stP
12-11-2010, 01:00 AM
the admin was me by that way the other admin was i dont remember

-=NYS=- C.O.
12-11-2010, 07:15 AM

It's the internets, bro.

You're both 100% pure.

taz1stP
12-11-2010, 10:37 AM
You're both 100% pure.

what do you mean by that do you mean by that.

-=NYS=- C.O.
12-11-2010, 11:01 AM

They're both 100% pure jerkoffs. LOL !

maynard
12-11-2010, 04:39 PM
They're both 100% pure jerkoffs. LOL !

....lol

whytboiz33
12-11-2010, 05:36 PM

It's the internets, bro.

i rarely post on your moronic comments. i just had to wonder what youre exactly doing here. you make it sound like your "bait" is even remotely clever.

i guess chris farly said best ; "i got no place else to go!!!"

&&toasties
12-11-2010, 09:01 PM

Have you failed every english class you took in school?

hallwagner
12-11-2010, 09:03 PM

i dont even think he went to school, hes like an african peasant or something

taz1stP
12-11-2010, 09:21 PM

no i got almost all A's in English its just when i type i am half asleep.

-=NYS=- C.O.
12-12-2010, 07:29 AM

Have you failed every English class you've taken in school ?

Christmas
12-15-2010, 12:22 AM
i rarely post on your moronic comments. i just had to wonder what youre exactly doing here. you make it sound like your "bait" is even remotely clever.

It's clever enough to keep you occupied in some capacity on this forum.

Also, youmad?

i guess chris farly said best ; "i got no place else to go!!!"

Cool story.

THE HOLY SH**T!
12-15-2010, 12:56 AM
It's clever enough to keep you occupied in some capacity on this forum.

Also, youmad?

Cool story.

no but im mad.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll37/Geesaroni/RageFace.png

Vladninja
12-15-2010, 01:11 AM
Point is the N word is ok as long as its not being used to slander a player specifically. Its not up to whether you personally have a problem with it or not.

Hell I heard Zero use it last night (in context) of a story he was telling.

DJ_MikeyRevile
12-15-2010, 06:34 AM

dont make fun of a real life Forest gump who hasnt accomplished anything in life yet. its just not right

NLA
12-16-2010, 05:11 AM
Point is the N word is ok as long as its not being used to slander a player specifically. Its not up to whether you personally have a problem with it or not.

Hell I heard Zero use it last night (in context) of a story he was telling.

I owe Alex a return ban then.. :violin:

EDIT: Prepare for relevant double-post to bump this topic.

NLA
12-28-2010, 03:39 AM
So tonight there was a very fresh and rampant bout of extreme racism in the server. I demo'd players, collected steam ID's, and now I'm wondering whether to report (with proof) all players being blatantly offensive or to let it slide and deal with extreme cases of racism on a case-by-case basis in order to quell other slightly-racists from being as overt and unpleasant to the rest of the server.

:assault: HALLWAG THIS MEANS YOU <4 :rambo:

hallwagner
12-28-2010, 06:12 AM
So tonight there was a very fresh and rampant bout of extreme racism in the server. I demo'd players, collected steam ID's, and now I'm wondering whether to report (with proof) all players being blatantly offensive or to let it slide and deal with extreme cases of racism on a case-by-case basis in order to quell other slightly-racists from being as overt and unpleasant to the rest of the server.

:assault: HALLWAG THIS MEANS YOU <4 :rambo:

well i know i should know better, but its kinda hard to stop when nobody seemed to have a problem with it and i wasn't getting anything in the way of warnings. hell even you seemed to enjoy it....so gtfo

acolyte_to_jippity
12-28-2010, 01:14 PM
ok, let's be real clear:

as long as it's not being directed towards any player, it's allowed. HOWEVER, if the racist person in question is saying shit continuously, then it can constitute mic spamming, or griefing (as in, "hey, you can't ban me since i'm not directing it towards anyone, so nigger nigger nigger....")

mcilwain
12-29-2010, 04:03 AM
well i know i should know better, but its kinda hard to stop when nobody seemed to have a problem with it and i wasn't getting anything in the way of warnings. hell even you seemed to enjoy it....so gtfo

Stfu fagner you blasted the zm server with the n word and got people to say it last night

hallwagner
12-29-2010, 10:34 AM
Stfu fagner you blasted the zm server with the n word and got people to say it last night

yes, but i don't remember any of those being directed towards an individial player. trolololol

acolyte_to_jippity
12-29-2010, 11:44 AM
yes, but i don't remember any of those being directed towards an individial player. trolololol

i would ban you for griefing. might be only an hour, but it would be deserved

hallwagner
12-29-2010, 01:13 PM

how would it be griefing? take your biased, egotistically manufactured opinions elsewhere

CYBER
12-29-2010, 07:32 PM

u're lame aco... i would ban him for the fun of it :D
i doubt the fucker will post an admin abuse thread on me since he knows i hate that i like fucking around with him:P

hallwagner
12-29-2010, 11:12 PM
u're lame aco... i would ban him for the fun of it :D
i doubt the fucker will post an admin abuse thread on me since he knows i hate that i like fucking around with him:P

yes, i would actually be less pissed off if you banned me for fun than if you banned me for "griefing" lolol

DeadEyeDeNNi$
12-31-2010, 10:34 AM
The below is an excerpt from:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/nigger

"The term nigger is now probably the most offensive word in English. Its degree of offensiveness has increased markedly in recent years, although it has been used in a derogatory manner since at least the Revolutionary War. Definitions 1a, 1b, and 2 represent meanings that are deeply disparaging and are used when the speaker deliberately wishes to cause great offense. Definition 1a, however, is sometimes used among African-Americans in a neutral or familiar way. Definition 3 is not normally considered disparaging—as in “The Irish are the niggers of Europe” from Roddy Doyle's The Commitments —but the other uses are considered contemptuous and hostile."

Essentially if the word is used in ANY context in ANY server or ANYwhere else, then it is by definition "OFFENSIVE" and on my watch I'll warn ONE time then it's a 30 min ban. The next time it's a day ban.

I don't care if Zero used the word, or JC himself used the word in any server. it's OFFENSIVE.

People, it's not that hard to find another word to use to get your point across! Quit trying to skirt the issues and getting over on everything there is to do with rules or other negative criteria just to see how far you can push the envelope.

hallwagner
12-31-2010, 11:31 AM
The below is an excerpt from:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/nigger

"The term nigger is now probably the most offensive word in English. Its degree of offensiveness has increased markedly in recent years, although it has been used in a derogatory manner since at least the Revolutionary War. Definitions 1a, 1b, and 2 represent meanings that are deeply disparaging and are used when the speaker deliberately wishes to cause great offense. Definition 1a, however, is sometimes used among African-Americans in a neutral or familiar way. Definition 3 is not normally considered disparaging—as in “The Irish are the niggers of Europe” from Roddy Doyle's The Commitments —but the other uses are considered contemptuous and hostile."

Essentially if the word is used in ANY context in ANY server or ANYwhere else, then it is by definition "OFFENSIVE" and on my watch I'll warn ONE time then it's a 30 min ban. The next time it's a day ban.

I don't care if Zero used the word, or JC himself used the word in any server. it's OFFENSIVE.

People, it's not that hard to find another word to use to get your point across! Quit trying to skirt the issues and getting over on everything there is to do with rules or other negative criteria just to see how far you can push the envelope.

well seeing as how banning me for just saying the word nigger would be against the rules, i invite you to do that.

DeadEyeDeNNi$
12-31-2010, 12:26 PM
well seeing as how banning me for just saying the word nigger would be against the rules, i invite you to do that.

Hall, do u see the part about "pushing the envelope"? You are one of those people.

I don't know what or why you changed, but do us all a favor and go soulsearching for the "other" guy and return when you find him.

As far as banning you for the above statement you made, Yes - You can take that to the bank!

EDIT--- ALSO - Just because of this post in your case specifically, I'll ban you for a week just due to defiance!

acolyte_to_jippity
12-31-2010, 01:25 PM
hall, it would be griefing because you' be saying it SPECIFICALLY to annoy the admins because they couldn't ban you for racism. doing something just to cause grief to other players, is called griefing. an you' get a time-out

OMGBEARS
12-31-2010, 02:18 PM
I've always held people who throw around "The N Word" in contempt. As best as I can tell, if an admin warns against such a thing, and is in turn ignored and baited, then the player in question has at least a mute coming. Racism is not a fine line, and in this case I agree with Dennis. The word is offensive, and should be banned from IBIS servers. If you want to be racist, and ignorant of racial tolerance, then you can play somewhere else in my book.

Vladninja
12-31-2010, 08:19 PM
I've always held people who throw around "The N Word" in contempt. As best as I can tell, if an admin warns against such a thing, and is in turn ignored and baited, then the player in question has at least a mute coming. Racism is not a fine line, and in this case I agree with Dennis. The word is offensive, and should be banned from IBIS servers. If you want to be racist, and ignorant of racial tolerance, then you can play somewhere else in my book.

Point is you are here to admin server rules not your own personal beliefs.
Zero has been very clear on this issue. While I don't like the word either....
If they aren't directing it at an indivual player or spamming the word and you ban it is technically abuse.

OMGBEARS
12-31-2010, 09:54 PM
Point is you are here to admin server rules not your own personal beliefs.
Zero has been very clear on this issue. While I don't like the word either....
If they aren't directing it at an indivual player or spamming the word and you ban it is technically abuse.

I feel as though it falls under respect in our server rules. Use of the word is gravely disrespectful, and almost anyone who uses it is intending it to be so. A warning should be all it takes to get the point across.

Vladninja
01-01-2011, 03:51 AM
I feel as though it falls under respect in our server rules. Use of the word is gravely disrespectful, and almost anyone who uses it is intending it to be so. A warning should be all it takes to get the point across.

Fair enough. All I'm saying is start with a warning, then kick, then a short ban, if they continue move into the day (and week) bans.
Again Zero has made his position on the issue very clear and like it or not it is his server.

taz1stP
01-01-2011, 05:53 AM
Fair enough. All I'm saying is start with a warning, then kick, then a short ban, if they continue move into the day (and week) bans.
Again Zero has made his position on the issue very clear and like it or not it is his server.

yeah but if they ban i can see that moving onto an abuse tread. which those are fun to get.

maynard
01-01-2011, 06:58 PM
unless it's directed at a certain person, you can't ban... if it is directed at someone you can, and given they fight the ban, it wont matter cause you were following zero's rules...

there's really nothing more 2 discuss regarding this. it's been brought up many times and the end result is always the same

-Racist jokes and terms are permitted provided you're not directing it at any actual person.

also it only falls under disrespect if you direct it at someone.

OMGBEARS
01-01-2011, 09:47 PM
It's hugely offensive to me, and therefore is disrespectful providing they disregard my warning. It's not a word that people need to use to get a point across, and therefore they shouldn't have an issue with not using it following a warning. Otherwise I'd consider it baiting in addition to disrespect.

maynard
01-02-2011, 12:08 AM
your personal feelings regarding this rule do not matter. you can't punish ppl for saying racist terms or jokes if they're not directed at any 1. It's a rule made by zero, follow it, or you're abusing, it's quite simple.
Ibis is a dictatorship. There is no debating zero's rules

Vladninja
01-02-2011, 01:40 AM
It's hugely offensive to me, and therefore is disrespectful providing they disregard my warning. It's not a word that people need to use to get a point across, and therefore they shouldn't have an issue with not using it following a warning. Otherwise I'd consider it baiting in addition to disrespect.

I found the fault in your statement in your first sentence.
It's hugely offensive to me
Well you don't own the server Zero does... and here his opinion over rides your own personal beliefs or opinion on the matter.

See the problem with your logic-
What if I felt a word like "omgbears" (just as an example) was hugely offensive to me and said "I find that word highly offensive and if you continue to use it after my warning your disrespecting me." Would I be ok to ban a player because I personally had a problem with it? Of course not.

In reality when you threaten a player who knows the server rules than he cant say the "N" word (when they know clearly they can if its not directed at a player) you are baiting that player.

your personal feelings regarding this rule do not matter. you can't punish ppl for saying racist terms or jokes if they're not directed at any 1. It's a rule made by zero, follow it, or you're abusing, it's quite simple.
Ibis is a dictatorship. There is no debating zero's rules

Well said... this issue has been covered to the point I feel people are just repeating themselves. Clsoing Thread.