PDA

View Full Version : Reduce GG join handicap (VOTE YES NO)

CYBER
12-13-2010, 09:00 PM
Hey,
just asking for an opinion here...
i vote that the handicap for joining should be reduced to the lowest level a player has...
it is REALLY pissing me off when someone would play their best to get off the shitty guns, while someone can join at the end of the game , with a lv 15, put their focus on only 10 guns instead of 24 and win the game...
not gonna say names of those ppl bcos i like all of them , but u guys know who am talking about that join late and win most games like that, leave and come back at end of other game...
or noobs joining with a handicap higher than GD players having hard time in game against other gd players...
also some ppl try to leave and come back to get lv up, and sometimes u cant prove it unless recorded over a few maps...

i vote that if someone wants to play, either start at a new game, or join as the lowest lv...
that is my motion, please vote... so i can report this outcome to zero if possible... thanks
PLEASE VOTE REDUCE (to wtvr level u feel fit) OR NOT

brett friggin favre
12-13-2010, 09:18 PM
I agree. I sometimes join late but never on purpose, and I usually stay on for a while after. If you don't like joining and being at the bottom, then stay in til the next game. Use the first round as a warm-up. The gungame server I used to play on had no handicap whatsoever for joining late, and nobody complained except when everyone would be on pistols and they'd get awped, but if the handicap is simply minimized then that won't be a problem, and joining late won't give an advantage.

+1

dice
12-13-2010, 11:09 PM
I'm all for a complete removal of the handicap, but will settle for a significant reduction.

acolyte_to_jippity
12-13-2010, 11:13 PM
meh, don't care

StarsMine
12-14-2010, 12:06 AM
I like the handicap, but if you guys are annoyed by 1 below the mean, fine how bout like 3 below the mean, and call it even

DJ_MikeyRevile
12-14-2010, 01:56 AM
I like the handicap, but if you guys are annoyed by 1 below the mean, fine how bout like 3 below the mean, and call it even

stars .. no negotiating!

NO HANDICAP REDUCTION PERIOD.

if you are good enough to win GG you are good enough to stay in the lead of people joining with a handicap. If you lose.. shitty luck, try again next time.

enough said

Fluffy Frufflebottoms
12-14-2010, 12:47 PM
I'd vote yes simply because it would give the people who bitch and moan about everything one thing less to bitch and moan about. I'm getting tired of joining on levels as low as 3, and hearing certain individuals flare up on their microphones about how I apparently deliberately join late to win games. These complains are voiced only against people who end up winning the games, and those same people invariably win by an even larger margin when joining the game at the start of the map, completely invalidating the tearful complaints lobbed against them.

Those of us who win from a 10 level handicap don't win because we start 15 levels short of you. We win because we can gain 16 levels before you manage to gain even one. That's not going to change no matter which level we join at. It should be obvious to anyone that there's no legitimate advantage, but plenty of legitimate disadvantages to joining with a handicap.

Jeimuzu
12-14-2010, 01:22 PM
Hell no, how else do you think I get off the scout?

DeadEyeDeNNi$
12-14-2010, 05:55 PM
All goes along with what ZERO posted and MY response to this thread !!!

http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5269

hallwagner
12-14-2010, 05:57 PM
Hell no, how else do you think I get off the scout?

not sucking

taz1stP
12-16-2010, 03:39 AM
not sucking

well you should show us all how to do that.

hallwagner
12-16-2010, 03:42 AM
i'm sorry, sucking is in my nature :smirk: :icon_wink:

CYBER
12-16-2010, 11:58 AM
lol, the fact that zero himself voted a no, i dnt see the point of this thread anymore :P hehehe
oh well, we tried ! , unless a lotttttt more ppl vote yes ! viva la revolutiona! nah just kdn!!
altho i do still think that the handicap shouldnt be higher than LV 10
not 15....:s

DJ_MikeyRevile
12-16-2010, 02:02 PM
with as much honesty, at this given time to give on my very humble birthday....

i again say, this thread is stupid!

reducing the handicape would be rediculous. only people who are good at gun game can progress and win with a handicap.

CYBER
12-16-2010, 03:54 PM
with as much honesty, at this given time to give on my very humble birthday....

i again say, this thread is stupid!

reducing the handicape would be rediculous. only people who are good at gun game can progress and win with a handicap.

happy bday?:P

DJ_MikeyRevile
12-16-2010, 04:49 PM
happy bday?:P

thank you?

StarsMine
12-17-2010, 10:04 AM
lol, the fact that zero himself voted a no, i dnt see the point of this thread anymore :P hehehe
oh well, we tried ! , unless a lotttttt more ppl vote yes ! viva la revolutiona! nah just kdn!!
altho i do still think that the handicap shouldnt be higher than LV 10
not 15....:s

15 would only happon if the avredge level of everyone on is 16, it takes a couple of people in there 20s to push it up that high

kr@zy Simon
12-17-2010, 11:30 PM
Those who join in the late game and win are leeeet. They can win even without handicap . Cyber. you lose :lmao:

Ganq
12-29-2010, 12:37 PM
It's fine either way honestly. I know all of us have reaped the benefits of coming in late, so at that time.. we didn't oppose. But coming in after the first few rounds when the action has slowed a bit does seem to be a definite advantage. Seeing people 17-0 and stuff like that seems to be unfair, But at the same time we should be able to be at 17 kills too, just with a higher possibility of deaths. =P so I don't care either way.

Rellikdloc
01-01-2011, 02:05 PM
fuck yea reduce the handicap!! its some major bs how im 17-8 and a guy comes in 16-0 and the leader is on 21.....BS!

emouchet
01-02-2011, 12:28 AM
Fluffy will be sad , he always come in middle of the game , lol

Smurf
01-02-2011, 04:48 PM
I Vote To Have It Reduced To Like Lvl 8 So They Have To Atleast Go Threw Scout

Ganq
01-10-2011, 12:42 AM
Lol @ "threw" scout..