PDA

View Full Version : 001 Undead Scourge [0] v1.1.0

ZERO
12-13-2010, 09:13 PM
Undead Scourge
Required Level: 0
Levels per ability: 8
Item Restrictions: boot

http://classic.battle.net/war3/images/undead/spells/vampiricaura.gifVampiric Aura: Gives you a 60% chance to gain 12-30% of the damage you do in attack, back as health
http://classic.battle.net/war3/images/undead/spells/unholyaura.gifUnholy Aura: Gives you a speed boost, 8-36% faster
http://classic.battle.net/war3/images/undead/upgrades/skeletallongevity.gifLevitation: Allows you to jump higher by reducing your gravity for 8-64%
http://classic.battle.net/war3/images/undead/spells/orbofannihilation.gifSuicide Bomber: On death, you have a 30-70% chance to explode and make 80-130 damage on each player in 12-18 feet range

Broken free of its demonic masters the Undead Scourge is actually not technically undead, but instead is a monstrous construction created by science and magical experimentation. The Undead Scourge keeps itself going though its Vampiric Aura and its Unholy Aura and Levitation abilities let it come in close for the kill. Where as a last resort the Undead Scourge will even detonate itself at the last second to take as many others with it as possible.

http://www.ibisgaming.com/wcs_stats/player.php?id=11861

Initial Release

Restricted boots of speed

Made suicide bomber have a chance to activate. Removed the factoring of damage so that if it goes off players will take the correct damage. You can no longer activate it manually.

Fixed exploit in suicide bomber where you could kill your own team

Updated descriptions
Made suicide bomber an actual ultimate but made it so that it will bypass immunities.

Confirmed CODE is 100% same as 1.0.4

Reprogramed from scratch!
Less code and larger file size (b/c code is simpler but does a shit ton more stuff)
Effects Added
Ability to trigger ult from ult button (blockable from ult immunity)
Can now leach over 100hp (no limit)

Now uses 5 new stock functions to reduce the number of lines of code and increase readability of the program.

Added && !StrEqual(weapon,"claws",false) to hit test

Max health gain limited to 400hp

Max health gain is now actually limited to 400hp

ZERO
12-15-2010, 06:56 PM

Restricted boots of speed

ZERO
12-21-2010, 03:40 PM

Made suicide bomber have a chance to activate. Removed the factoring of damage so that if it goes off players will take the correct damage. You can no longer activate it manually.

CYBER
12-21-2010, 08:22 PM

i think the scourge is not doing blast damage... i mean ppl keep saying : maybe u're not close enough...
well when i get knifed and i die, i would think that its close enough for me to do ANY damage....
but their HP stays full , (i asked them and they were testing it out with me ...) and they had no neckless of immunity or anything... just regular random race...
and every time it does nthn...reason?
thanks.
i think the blast power and radius should be amplified to make it worthy enough to face higher level classes like preds etc...

maynard
12-21-2010, 09:38 PM
some races automatically block ultimates.

CYBER
12-21-2010, 10:24 PM
some races automatically block ultimates.

i know that, but am talking about for example testing it with a class that does do this (forgot which one we tested, we tested 4 of them...)
i dnt know... nways scourge aint that gd of a class apparently nways.

ZERO
12-21-2010, 11:38 PM
This was tested right after I updated it and we confirmed that it deals damage and works. The settings now are exactly the same as the old wcs, exactly.

BladeTwinSwords
12-23-2010, 08:31 PM
If you switch teams, undead's ability procs and it can potentially kill the entire team.

maynard
12-23-2010, 09:18 PM
If you switch teams, undead's ability procs and it can potentially kill the entire team.

or just maynard....:plzdie:

ZERO
12-24-2010, 12:49 AM

? what happens?

BladeTwinSwords
12-24-2010, 12:55 AM
? what happens?

Ever since the update, if you switch teams while you are alive, it kills you. This can activate the Undead's Suicide Bomber and if maxed, can kill half of the team in range.

CYBER
12-24-2010, 01:17 AM
Ever since the update, if you switch teams while you are alive, it kills you. This can activate the Undead's Suicide Bomber and if maxed, can kill half of the team in range.

so in other words, "switching teams" in mid game can act as a trigger to blow ur ass up and anyone next to you, such as team mates?

that could kinda be abused if u want to kamikazee ur ass to get someone up close before they run away :P

BladeTwinSwords
12-24-2010, 01:23 AM
I killed 4 people on 3rd street with it and got about 200 xp off of it.

CYBER
12-24-2010, 01:31 AM

hahaha thats a win for a fail :P

but btw, the scourge's bomb does low damage on lv 3 of its ultimate, it starts doing damage at 4+)
thats why i was complaining before that it wasnt doing damage even if someoen is close enough to knife me. apparently i thought that lv 3 was enough, like other classes...
so discard my comment above about it not doing damage;P i got KOed at least 5 times in a row after having 125 HP and Armor before killing maynard -.- and bigdumbanimal :S

ZERO
12-24-2010, 12:22 PM

Where these players on the same team as you?

BladeTwinSwords
12-24-2010, 01:07 PM
Where these players on the same team as you?

I was on T team, I switched sides. It counted me as a CT and I got xp.

ZERO
12-24-2010, 01:27 PM

Fixed exploit in suicide bomber where you could kill your own team

Xerenix
12-30-2010, 07:32 PM
Is there a possibility of making Vampiric Aura give you health past the 100 hp limit?

acolyte_to_jippity
12-30-2010, 08:27 PM
Is there a possibility of making Vampiric Aura give you health past the 100 hp limit?

it used to. same w/ cryptlord. crypt coul get himself up to 150+ i think, an his armor started at like, 150 when he spawned

Masskid
12-31-2010, 12:08 AM

if we are making it like before the update then i think it should leach up to a max of like 175 >.< because i hear some people complaining that the leach "doesn't" work

ZERO
12-31-2010, 02:13 PM
I will need to look at the code and see how high it could go before.

jonny5v
01-04-2011, 11:57 AM
Is the cap for the race 100 HP?

ZERO
01-07-2011, 06:08 PM

Updated descriptions
Made suicide bomber an actual ultimate but made it so that it will bypass immunities.

Steamer
01-07-2011, 06:22 PM

Thank you!

acolyte_to_jippity
01-07-2011, 07:29 PM
suicide bomber wouldn't activate if there was a necklace nearby in the old version. did you just make it able to?

ZERO
01-07-2011, 11:43 PM
Uh it does now, lets just keep it this way and consider it a balance change for this class.

Blackmage
01-10-2011, 07:24 PM
Description still says it can be activated manually in game.

Blackmage
02-04-2011, 02:56 AM
Still says it can be manually used in game, and this confuses some new players. Is this on the plate to be changed, or do we just have to tell people it wrong?

StarsMine
03-07-2011, 06:24 PM
is there any reason why the ultimate only does half of the supossed damage?
its at diffrent ranges two from 70 feet to 170 feet

Edit: I have actually gotten two (though its been out of many 65 damge ones..) 130s at 120 feet and 140... its doesnt seem that distance has anything to do with it but what is causeing the halfing of the damage?

ZERO
03-07-2011, 06:42 PM
It may be doing that if more than one person was hit or something. The stock races have some strange programing meant to balance them which just fucks them up. After all the races are back I will be reprogramming these sections from scratch to ensure that the original programing is totally removed.

StarsMine
03-07-2011, 06:48 PM
usually I only have one person huging me when I explode

Edit: I just did 98 o.o at distince of 132

Spasm
04-12-2011, 06:33 PM
So I was wondering why the hp doesn't go above 100 anymore like it used to. Makes undead seem a lot weaker to me then before :(

ZERO
04-12-2011, 10:10 PM
Before when? Also what do you mean by this was there no cap on how high the health could go before?

acolyte_to_jippity
04-12-2011, 10:32 PM
Also what do you mean by this was there no cap on how high the health could go before?

there was, but it capped at like 175.

i'm pretty sure this as already brought up somewhere

Spasm
04-13-2011, 07:47 AM
Before when? Also what do you mean by this was there no cap on how high the health could go before?

Back before the huge CS:S update is what I am talking about on the old WCS server. With V. Aura you could suck health from your enemies even if your health was at 100 (full). Now it won't do anything unless your hp is below 100. At least this is happening to me and I quite miss being able to go above 100 hp with undead.

ZERO
04-13-2011, 12:13 PM
Ok I will fix that. Also was this for all races with this sort of ability. If so was there a cap where you could not go higher?

StarsMine
04-13-2011, 10:06 PM
Im not sure about the cap, I just think I remember it being that you didnt have to be hurt before you could use these skills before

Spasm
04-14-2011, 07:54 AM
Ok I will fix that. Also was this for all races with this sort of ability. If so was there a cap where you could not go higher?

I don't rem if there was a cap or not, I hit over 160 before but I am not sure though. I hit over 250 on jack though, but we don't have jack yet =\

acolyte_to_jippity
04-14-2011, 05:04 PM
jack and santa were not capped.

Spasm
04-14-2011, 05:12 PM
jack and santa were not capped.

true, I believe shadow hunter heal took your health to 145 on the old wcs, now your stuck below 100.

HypeRNT
01-16-2012, 10:55 AM
In the older wcs you were not able to go above 100 with undead, atleast not in the servers ive played in. To me the undead ult seems the weakest ult out of them all. The range is WAY TO SHORT. The damage output seems WAY TO SMALL. It seems like sometimes my ult doesnt even go of when i die and i check if people have laces and they dont, which would lead me to believe the cooldown for this ult from the start of the round is WAY TO LONG, since this is a rush race with its skills boosting your speed.... Improving Undead ULT IMO would be a must and make this race more popular.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-16-2012, 11:31 AM
in our older server, the undead could go above 100.

unfortunately, that is hard-coded into this mod,to not allow it.

undead is completely fine otherwise, absolutely balanced

ZERO
03-19-2012, 10:17 PM

Confirmed CODE is 100% same as 1.0.4

maynard
03-20-2012, 02:41 PM
In the older wcs you were not able to go above 100 with undead, atleast not in the servers ive played in. To me the undead ult seems the weakest ult out of them all. The range is WAY TO SHORT. The damage output seems WAY TO SMALL. It seems like sometimes my ult doesnt even go of when i die and i check if people have laces and they dont, which would lead me to believe the cooldown for this ult from the start of the round is WAY TO LONG, since this is a rush race with its skills boosting your speed.... Improving Undead ULT IMO would be a must and make this race more popular.

you were not around for the old WCS... and yes it could go above 100.

HypeRNT
06-20-2012, 08:46 PM
you were not around for the old WCS... and yes it could go above 100.

well, i dont know how long you were around so i wont speak about that, but ive played since version 1.4 beta test, even the old war3 servers (4 races) god those were the good old days, then blood elf was introduced and i loved that race, undead was much better aswell, since it was bascially the fastest race out there, thats what it was meant for, to be the fastest race out of all of them. It seems it has been forgotten pretty much in the current WCS servers, i remember server owners would say that they would always keep the old 4 races(undead,human,orc,elf) the best races even when the new races would come up to preserve the oldies from being underplayed.

i love that human is strong, makes for a great starting race to get to the others, but i do miss the forgotten original 5th race(blood elf) was a great race with good special effect coding and was very fun, really hope that one day, after all the old races get finished, this one might get considered by the ULAS to be a great addition to the other races, and maybe making it the top 5 beginner races like good old times:)

Blackmage
08-01-2012, 02:33 AM
Description still says it can be activated manually in game.

Still true, still confusing people.

ZERO
01-17-2013, 02:11 AM
I have started the scratch recode for this race. Please note that I have discovered the following:

Suicide Bomber currently can not be blocked in any way by ult immunity (this will likely not change)

Suicide Bomber currently has a .15 sec delay before it goes off after death (this was not intended and will be removed)

Expect to see a test version soon.

maynard
01-17-2013, 02:25 AM
yay, maybe undead will be good again.

ZERO
01-17-2013, 03:02 AM
Race completed, will be up for testing tomorrow but it is late at night now so I sleep.

Note that as stated in the past there will be no limits on how much health you can steal.

Please keep in mind if you would like to see any effects added to this race. Currently effects for this race are virtually non existent. The following can have effects:

Spawn (currently none)
Vampiric Aura (currently only txt and screen flash)
Suicide Bomber (already has an extensive effect but feel free to post your changes)

The new race is 289 lines of code vs 525. Compiles at 27 vs 24kb. So despite less lines it is slightly larger due to all the added methods that never existed in the original but are needed to improve stability and prevent errors.

What
01-17-2013, 03:05 AM
Is the damage consistent enough within the range to kill people at a distance now, I know from 1.6 WC3 the explosion could take out a decent area.

Also, can you explode yourself on purpose by pressing the ult button now?

ZERO
01-21-2013, 10:59 PM
Now on test server, report any problems.

ZERO
01-22-2013, 03:48 PM
Once everyone gets a chance to test this race and post any change requests it will be released. I will wait until the end of the week.

brett friggin favre
01-22-2013, 04:40 PM
i'll test this later tonight, but i'd suggest an effect similar to dragonfly's blood loss to add to vampiric aura, since it's got the whole bloodsucking vibe going on.

and i do think it would be nice to have the ultimate usable by the +ultimate bind. having it the way it is works great for flame pred but as undead, you aren't always trying to be right up in someone's face. if that was considered, i'd also suggest doubling the radius if you activate it with +ultimate, standard radius if activated on death, just to give it a bit more bite. that said, i do think undead is pretty strong, i'm just a little nostalgic for how it was back in 1.6.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-22-2013, 06:37 PM
i'll test this later tonight, but i'd suggest an effect similar to dragonfly's blood loss to add to vampiric aura, since it's got the whole bloodsucking vibe going on.

and i do think it would be nice to have the ultimate usable by the +ultimate bind. having it the way it is works great for flame pred but as undead, you aren't always trying to be right up in someone's face. if that was considered, i'd also suggest doubling the radius if you activate it with +ultimate, standard radius if activated on death, just to give it a bit more bite. that said, i do think undead is pretty strong, i'm just a little nostalgic for how it was back in 1.6.

you couldn't activate it manually on the old server.

brett friggin favre
01-22-2013, 06:47 PM
you couldn't activate it manually on the old server.

never said you could. i'm assuming that's why it's been the way it is for so long.

CYBER
01-23-2013, 10:24 AM
This is only a suggestion, and before people bite my head off telling me that "this wasn't on the server before!" (im looking at you aco), please consider this.

What if suicide bomber can be triggered on death AND by using the +ultimate, but each trigger has different results:

+Triggered ondeath:
- Blockable by lace.
- Same damage output and radius observed on undead right now.

+ Triggered intentionally with +ultimate:
- NOT blocked by lace.
- Damage output is doubled, range is increased to 1.5x.

This will keep the race similar to what we have now when it comes to dying by someone else's hands.
However, it takes real courage to admit defeat with no possible chances of comeback/survival, and INTENTIONALLY sacrifice yourself and pull the trigger, and you are therefore rewarded with a higher chance of fucking people up.

And if you pulled the trigger YOURSELF, it shouldn't be blocked by ultimate since it would be a "Hail Mary" attempt made by the defeated undead player to try to take out his killer and deny them the kill like a BAWS.

Thoughts?

Spasm
01-23-2013, 10:31 AM
This is only a suggestion, and before people bite my head off telling me that "this wasn't on the server before!" (im looking at you aco), please consider this.

What if suicide bomber can be triggered on death AND by using the +ultimate, but each trigger has different results:

+Triggered ondeath:
- Blockable by lace.
- Same damage output and radius observed on undead right now.

+ Triggered intentionally with +ultimate:
- NOT blocked by lace.
- Damage output is doubled, range is increased to 1.5x.

This will keep the race similar to what we have now when it comes to dying by someone else's hands.
However, it takes real courage to admit defeat with no possible chances of comeback/survival, and INTENTIONALLY sacrifice yourself and pull the trigger, and you are therefore rewarded with a higher chance of fucking people up.

And if you pulled the trigger YOURSELF, it shouldn't be blocked by ultimate since it would be a "Hail Mary" attempt made by the defeated undead player to try to take out his killer and deny them the kill like a BAWS.

Thoughts?

denying XP by suicide

maynard
01-23-2013, 10:49 AM
no manual activation of the ultimate.

CYBER
01-23-2013, 11:03 AM
no manual activation of the ultimate.

Fine. I'll just have to suicide bomb manually somewhere else, outside of wcs. humph.
http://oneway2day.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/human-bomb-class-suicide-bombers.jpg

ZERO
01-23-2013, 01:32 PM
Actually I do like the idea of bringing back the ability to activate it manually even though that is new. However I would implement it differently.

Currently the ult can not be blocked and so what we could do is add the button in but make it blockable. This way someone could try to detonate but then they get click click, oh shit when there is a lace. Player then gets killed by lace but has a chance of going off like normal on death.

Secondly it is strange that this is the only race that does not have a manual trigger for its ult. In addition part of the reason it was removed was b/c back then the programing was so bad that allowing manual trigger would blow up your team.

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

I can also confirm there was effects for this race in the original server that are not in this one. I will now proceed to port all effects from the old wcs over.

maynard
01-23-2013, 01:42 PM
if you can better code it so we wont have any issues this time around, I'm game for it.

ZERO
01-23-2013, 01:55 PM
Also I have found a nice maths to make it so we can have the alpha of effects change as a player levels up just like in the original wcs. I removed such things in the past when converting effects b/c I did not want more global arrays, however I can use a formula to derive the needed value on the fly.

In fact I could logically apply the same practice to all global arrays even for actual abilities and use formulas to compute everything based off the user level. This would be the most effecient way to code but unfortuantly it would be very hard to maintain and make balance changes to, which is why I will not do that lol.

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

Oh cool, looks like there is spawn effects for the two spawn abilities too that we had in the past!

ZERO
01-23-2013, 02:20 PM
NEw test version released! Effects for all abilities added so we got all the effects from the original back (100% port) We also now have the ult button support added and as always with the new updates it does include the ultblock sound played to the user of the race so he knows if his ult is being blocked.

Dj panda
01-23-2013, 02:32 PM
so far so good :P

brett friggin favre
01-23-2013, 03:02 PM
blocked ult is how i'd like to have it, gives undead the same way of catching vagas/raps as other classes. still, if possible i'd think a range/damage increase would be awesome for the manually activated ult, with how much health people have and the fact that your ult's gonna kill you entirely. will check out how it works in the test server later though, find the max damage, kill radius, see how all that balances out before i make a solid proposal. pretty pumped about this though, undead's one of my faves.

ZERO
01-23-2013, 03:08 PM
actually the ult dmg was buffed in that it will now deal the dmg directly to health. Previously your armor would absorb a percent of it so that you could not be killed unless you already had <100hp and or low armor. Now it kills when your 100hp/100armor as intended and how it worked on the original server.

brett friggin favre
01-23-2013, 03:26 PM
actually the ult dmg was buffed in that it will now deal the dmg directly to health. Previously your armor would absorb a percent of it so that you could not be killed unless you already had <100hp and or low armor. Now it kills when your 100hp/100armor as intended and how it worked on the original server.

ooo didn't notice it hit armor before, very nice :w00t:

ZERO
01-23-2013, 03:38 PM
Yea I am likely going to start making it so that all ult based dmg abilities deal true dmg to make them more powerful than regular abilities.

CYBER
01-23-2013, 04:17 PM
I predict that there will be many MANY times were an idiot, such as myself, would be running all happy in game and go "oh, as usual, let's spam the ultim- BOOOOM MOTHERFUCKER!"
-"GODDAMNIT, killed myself again at spawn..."

This happens WAYYYY too much with shadow hunters and nebulas, especially if u were a crypt lord or athena the round before.

brett friggin favre
01-23-2013, 05:40 PM
just tested it, everything's working as it should it seems. chat alerts for vamp aura, screen flash, shot effects, and manual ultimate.

What
02-04-2013, 11:03 PM
Will the raceinfo in server now also reflect the actual percentages of the abilities instead of general text?

ZERO
02-04-2013, 11:58 PM
It should, does it look correclty on the test server?

What
02-05-2013, 12:07 AM
Indeed it does

ZERO
02-06-2013, 02:10 AM

Less code and larger file size (b/c code is simpler but does a shit ton more stuff)
Effects Added

ZERO
02-07-2013, 04:11 AM
What do you all think of me starting to add some icons for abilities? As stated before I want to start updating these threads in such a way as to help enrich the feel and personality of these races.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-07-2013, 11:46 AM
What do you all think of me starting to add some icons for abilities? As stated before I want to start updating these threads in such a way as to help enrich the feel and personality of these races.

icons? what do you mean?

Masskid
02-07-2013, 02:25 PM

Effects Added

Will the ultimate still have a chance to proc on death??

ZERO
02-07-2013, 03:44 PM
Yes it works exactly as before excet for the addations.

The icons are on the first page of this thread as an example. They would only appear in these threads.

I could also use these icons as an idicator of the type of power by giving ults a yellow box around them and ability activated things a silver box and normal passive skills no border.

ZERO
02-07-2013, 04:04 PM
I have added some to the items as well. I actually want to try to get these up b/c with the images we might be able to come up with better names for shit too.

For example what if we changed the name of Levitation to Unbounded Bones (Bones are not bound by gravity (get it)) or something like that. One of the things I want to cover in the big reprogramming besides bug fixes and optimization/ some rebalance is to REALLY bring out the feel of each race in names and effects.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-07-2013, 05:43 PM
I have added some to the items as well. I actually want to try to get these up b/c with the images we might be able to come up with better names for shit too.

For example what if we changed the name of Levitation to Unbounded Bones (Bones are not bound by gravity (get it)) or something like that. One of the things I want to cover in the big reprogramming besides bug fixes and optimization/ some rebalance is to REALLY bring out the feel of each race in names and effects.

...ehh. i guess it might look nicer to noobs that come in expecting all sorts of easy-kills and no work...

Wolfenstinger
08-12-2013, 10:36 PM

Effects Added

13. Self slaying is not allowed on the server. It is only acceptable during a time in which a player may be glitched into the map or an object and is stuck and not able to get out of the situation.

In light of some "recent" events... this has been brought up on server from time to time on how this rule is for Undead....
I understand we can trigger the ulti now, but how does this go along with Rule 13?? I ask this because .... Allah Akbar. Suicide Bombing Only. Etc. AKA - if this is perfectly OK whether the player misses with ulti and just kills himself or just fails altogether, or it just shouldn't be allowed for the reasons of XP denial because they were rooted and would of died by a player or just suicide before they get killed etc.

There's a lot of factors behind it and scenarios, but yeah. Just trying to clear things up mostly.

Masskid
08-12-2013, 10:40 PM
I've seen people blow up right when I start shooting them using the excuse "oops I used my Ulti"

brett friggin favre
08-13-2013, 01:46 AM
if you're trying to kill someone but miss, no problem. if you're not, its not cool. sometimes you do accidentally press it, especially if you panic, so we won't be really strict on it. if you see it happen though, let someone know that they deprived you of xp and to try to avoid doing it. if it's repeated, then we can punish. but i don't see it being a real issue after the warning.

What
08-13-2013, 02:04 AM
Kind of like when someone wards on reflex in an area they are not supposed to. Warn, and make sure it doesn't happen again. If it happens with any frequency I think it will be easy to see what they are doing, especially if they like try and run away from gun fire or are slowly being shot from somewhere and just blow up.

ZERO
09-16-2013, 03:12 AM

Now uses 5 new stock functions to reduce the number of lines of code and increase readability of the program.

ZERO
06-13-2014, 03:49 PM

Added && !StrEqual(weapon,"claws",false) to hit test

ZERO
11-01-2014, 01:40 PM

Max health gain limited to 400hp

ZERO
12-03-2014, 12:40 AM

Max health gain is now actually limited to 400hp