ZERO
12-13-2010, 09:28 PM
Orcish Horde
Required Level: 0
Levels per ability: 8
Item Restrictions: scroll,glove
6882Critical Strike: Gives you a 15% chance of doing 40-240% more damage
6883Critical Grenade: Grenades will always do 40-240% more damage
6884Reincarnation: Gives you a 15-80% chance of respawning, with old equipment and where you died
6885Chain Lightning: Discharges a bolt of lightning that jumps on up to 4 nearby enemies 40-75 feet range, dealing each 32 damage

http://www.ibisgaming.com/wcs_stats/player.php?id=11855

Initial Release

Restricted gloves and respawn shop menu items

Decreased respawn time to 5 seconds
Removed the zz weapon check output in chat used for debugging.

Updated in game descriptions

Made it so that the number of targets for chain lighting works like in the description
Made so all take same damage.

Now prevents respawn in objects

Fixed glitch that prevented critical grenade from working

Improved programing of stuck detection

Improved programing of weapon removal for increased safety with regard to plugin and server stability. Added W3DropWeapon(client,ent); before every UTIL_Remove(ent);

Updated programing of nade dmg so that it is possible for a player to get a kill from it.

Improved performance of hit based abilities
Improved filtering to prevent ability dmg stacking

Patched ultimate dmg stack

Fixed glitch where there was a 1% chance of resurrecting even if the skill was not leveled

Changed the way weapons are removed and confirmed team check for respawn

Race now on RESTORED VERSION
Updated to best weapon removal code

Updated weapon removal code.

Reprogramed from scratch
25% reduction in code
Only 1kb increase in compiled size despite a dramatic increase in code complexity and new content
added effects for nade and critical strike
added txt based feedback for abilities
added nade trail
made race color theme purple.
made critical nade and ult deal true dmg
dramatically improved ult programing
changed cool down to be dependent on % effectiveness of the ult
added universal sounds
added template stocks
grant god mode for 1 sec on respawn
improved respawn system
clients are now told if resurrection is active on round start

Race can only respawn itself, no respawn if your race changes when you die.

Fixed it so that spawn timers can not be created when one is already in progress (prevents double reincarnation message when switching to this race after surviving the previous round) Change was done in a stock function and was also updated in all other races using the new stocks as it also prevents strange glitches and possible crashes.

Added && !StrEqual(weapon,"claws",false) to hit test

ZERO
12-15-2010, 06:59 PM

Restricted gloves and respawn shop menu items

ZERO
12-16-2010, 04:37 PM

Decreased respawn time to 5 seconds
Removed the zz weapon check output in chat used for debugging.

taz1stP
12-28-2010, 06:41 PM
i think we should change the reincarnation so that people dont just camp the dead body to kill them when they come back it gets really annoying.

acolyte_to_jippity
12-28-2010, 07:22 PM
i think we should change the reincarnation so that people dont just camp the dead body to kill them when they come back it gets really annoying.

it's called strategy.

it works identically to how it did before OB update. only difference is that it's more of an instant thing. before it took 4 seconds or so to revive you.

taz1stP
12-28-2010, 07:59 PM
it's called strategy.

it works identically to how it did before OB update. only difference is that it's more of an instant thing. before it took 4 seconds or so to revive you.

it takes 5 now
but i hate when people camp the dead body and then head shot it right once it spawns so they dont have a chance

CYBER
12-28-2010, 08:17 PM
it takes 5 now
but i hate when people camp the dead body and then head shot it right once it spawns so they dont have a chance

aco is right, its like coming back to kill whoever was near u back then... what i would suggest instead of that is perhaps giving the orchish 1-2 seconds of immunity on respawn??? same as when spawned by bloodmage?
for example if u died by wards, and respawning in them... well u are littereally dead... its not skill by the person who killed u , its just luck that u respawned there...what good is respawning if someone warded the place u died? that 1-2 sec is enough to jump away from wards (bcos u know when u;re gonna respawn) THEN its YOUR job to actu quickly, that little time is enough to jump u out of wards, but not enough to kill the shit out of a person near u ...
heck poor james he once LITTERALLY spawned FIVE times on my own wards and he was pissed as hell he couldnt do anything neither time.

StarsMine
12-28-2010, 08:22 PM
aco is right, its like coming back to kill whoever was near u back then... what i would suggest instead of that is perhaps giving the orchish 1-2 seconds of immunity on respawn??? same as when spawned by bloodmage?
for example if u died by wards, and respawning in them... well u are littereally dead... its not skill by the person who killed u , its just luck that u respawned there...what good is respawning if someone warded the place u died? that 1-2 sec is enough to jump away from wards (bcos u know when u;re gonna respawn) THEN its YOUR job to actu quickly, that little time is enough to jump u out of wards, but not enough to kill the shit out of a person near u ...
heck poor james he once LITTERALLY spawned FIVE times on my own wards and he was pissed as hell he couldnt do anything neither time.

no, no immunity, that would be to much

CYBER
12-28-2010, 08:28 PM
no, no immunity, that would be to much

oh well, it was just a suggestion.

acolyte_to_jippity
12-28-2010, 10:13 PM
we could keep it exactly like it used to be

taz1stP
12-29-2010, 01:56 AM
we could put it so that you spawn near a team member who ever is closest to where you died.

CYBER
12-29-2010, 04:14 AM
zero?
any chance we can get rid of that 30 second cooldown period when u spawn???
its kinda VERY lame that u cant use ur ultimate first 30 seconds and most of the time u end up facing a spider man or wtvr before that...
or at least make it 10 sec?
specially since shadow hunter can ward at beginning and use HIS ultimate too...
orcish is pretty lame with the current cooldown on it... should reduced...if possible..?

Masskid
12-29-2010, 09:27 PM
zero?
any chance we can get rid of that 30 second cooldown period when u spawn???
its kinda VERY lame that u cant use ur ultimate first 30 seconds and most of the time u end up facing a spider man or wtvr before that...
or at least make it 10 sec?
specially since shadow hunter can ward at beginning and use HIS ultimate too...
orcish is pretty lame with the current cooldown on it... should reduced...if possible..?

Second this

CYBER
12-29-2010, 10:27 PM
side note about orchish,
i was just playing i died as orcish, a BM respawned me, i respawned with the left weapon glitch, could only use my knife until i pickup another gun?
any reason why it did that?

maynard
12-30-2010, 12:05 PM
cyber, what part of we're making the races back 2 what they used 2 be don't you get? every thread is you complaning or claiming we should change something. it's getting quite old.

orc has the best ultimate out of the starting races in terms of dmg.... it also hits multiple targets. the time delay at the start is 2 prevent you from rushing in and just chain lightning ppl. regardless if you understand why we have things set a certain way, they are set the way they are for a reason.

CYBER
12-30-2010, 11:38 PM
cyber, what part of we're making the races back 2 what they used 2 be don't you get? every thread is you complaning or claiming we should change something. it's getting quite old.

orc has the best ultimate out of the starting races in terms of dmg.... it also hits multiple targets. the time delay at the start is 2 prevent you from rushing in and just chain lightning ppl. regardless if you understand why we have things set a certain way, they are set the way they are for a reason.

u're right maynard, u probably know this more than i do , u being a WCS admin way longer than me , and i respect that.

thing is, i'm not trying to complain or wtvr, i would play the race regardless, i am simply asking a QUESTION, not a demand, if the timer should be cut to atleast half the time.

i have played orc a lot of times, and my average "use" of its ultimate is barely 0.5.
u either get fucked too quick, or u use it only once, which tells ppl where u are, and then u die. simple. what about as defense??? when u get spawned by own effect or bm, and someone is camping us ass, u litterally cant do anything. shadow hunter can ward ur ass or safe itself, this one just "dies".
sry for long post, again, not asking anything, simply suggesting to understand WHY it is the way it is .sry bro.

Masskid
12-31-2010, 12:05 AM
cyber, what part of we're making the races back 2 what they used 2 be don't you get?

well it kinda is unfair >.< i mean night elf can use the ulti right off the bat but orc has to wait the whole cool down b4 it can use it? i mean i usually find people b4 the cool down is done and i end up dieing before i can even use it.

I know we are getting them back to normal but i would like to be able to use the lightning :(

maynard
12-31-2010, 02:43 AM
don't get me wrong cyber, I'm glad 2 have ya on WCS and see that you like the server and want 2 help. but when all I read (not only from you) is people complaining about things I just get annoyd. the goal is 2 get everything back 2 what it was before. zero said there will be some tweaking once all the races are back, but till that time, people posting how they think the race should work is not helping anything.

WCS is a fragile balance that runs from the starting races till the last. as we keep adding new races over time, there will be periods where certain races will clearly be far better, but that's only cause we just don't have all the races in yet. this is something ppl will have 2 deal with.

well it kinda is unfair >.< i mean night elf can use the ulti right off the bat but orc has to wait the whole cool down b4 it can use it

you kidding? is it not obvious? the nightelf ultimate doesn't hurt you or effect your aim in any way, you just can't run away. the orc ultimate hits 3 ppl if within range and does moderate dmg... it's obvious why orcs can't use it right off the bat.

CYBER
12-31-2010, 07:29 AM
don't get me wrong cyber, I'm glad 2 have ya on WCS and see that you like the server and want 2 help. but when all I read (not only from you) is people complaining about things I just get annoyd. the goal is 2 get everything back 2 what it was before. zero said there will be some tweaking once all the races are back, but till that time, people posting how they think the race should work is not helping anything.

WCS is a fragile balance that runs from the starting races till the last. as we keep adding new races over time, there will be periods where certain races will clearly be far better, but that's only cause we just don't have all the races in yet. this is something ppl will have 2 deal with.

you kidding? is it not obvious? the nightelf ultimate doesn't hurt you or effect your aim in any way, you just can't run away. the orc ultimate hits 3 ppl if within range and does moderate dmg... it's obvious why orcs can't use it right off the bat.

i understand what u mean. and yes i seem to like wcs recently, i used to be a zm guy, then gg guy, wcs seems pretty dam nfun too.
and i was only trying to make suggestions bcos we keep getting creamed by the over powered (currently i mean) other classes on higher levels...but u;re right, we should wait till the end.

acolyte_to_jippity
12-31-2010, 01:28 PM

actually, night elf's ult does seem to lift you in the air an inch, just enough to make your aim shit. or does this only effect me?

ZERO
12-31-2010, 02:11 PM
I should note that this ultimate was pined for changes prior to the server going down as I felt that it became very nerfed. It will likely be one of the first things changed, also considering that it does not even work exactly like it did before. (although it appears to, I will not say more to prevent placebo effect)

jonny5v
01-04-2011, 11:58 AM
Is chain lightning suppose to slow down people it hits?

acolyte_to_jippity
01-04-2011, 12:52 PM
Is chain lightning suppose to slow down people it hits?

it's damage. damage always slows you down

ZERO
01-08-2011, 03:54 AM

Updated in game descriptions

ZERO
01-09-2011, 08:58 PM

Made it so that the number of targets for chain lighting works like in the description
Made so all take same damage.

ZERO
01-13-2011, 12:07 AM

Now prevents respawn in objects

ZERO
01-15-2011, 05:47 PM

Fixed glitch that prevented critical grenade from working

ZERO
01-19-2011, 03:27 PM

Improved programing of stuck detection

ZERO
01-24-2011, 02:39 PM

Improved programing of weapon removal for increased safety with regard to plugin and server stability. Added W3DropWeapon(client,ent); before every UTIL_Remove(ent);

ZERO
02-06-2011, 02:28 PM

Updated programing of nade dmg so that it is possible for a player to get a kill from it.

ZERO
04-08-2011, 03:20 PM

Improved performance of hit based abilities
Improved filtering to prevent ability dmg stacking

ZERO
04-27-2011, 11:06 PM

Patched ultimate dmg stack

Superman
05-03-2011, 02:02 PM
Nope, this class and radean still one hits people. Even though the damage say like 76 damage. It actually does like 140.

ZERO
08-07-2011, 01:17 AM
Fixed glitch where there was a 1% chance of resurrecting even if the skill was not leveled

Blackmage
01-17-2012, 04:13 PM
Can't confirm if this can get the spectator glitch, but revives self with Respawn, so suggesting spectator spawn filtering.

ZERO
01-19-2012, 02:15 PM

Changed the way weapons are removed and confirmed team check for respawn

blackmail242
03-02-2012, 01:23 AM
Zero I would like to bring to your attention that the Orc can revive multiple times within a round. I myself have revived solely off my ability on average 3-4 times every couple of rounds. When you throw a bloodmage or nebula in the mix the respawns get a little more hectic. :/ The only reason I mention this is because the description mentions only being able to revive once.

brett friggin favre
03-02-2012, 02:55 AM
Zero I would like to bring to your attention that the Orc can revive multiple times within a round. I myself have revived solely off my ability on average 3-4 times every couple of rounds. When you throw a bloodmage or nebula in the mix the respawns get a little more hectic. :/ The only reason I mention this is because the description mentions only being able to revive once.

apparently its not only orcs. revived myself 10 times one round as nebula. 10. not even joking.

acolyte_to_jippity
03-02-2012, 04:36 AM

apparently its not only orcs. revived myself 10 times one round as nebula. 10. not even joking.

both races have always been able to do that.

taz1stP
03-02-2012, 04:58 AM
yeah once i revived my self 8 times in a row as orc from my ability and bloods.

blackmail242
03-02-2012, 05:15 AM
both races have always been able to do that. As I said earlier: The description only states that it should be able to do so once. :/

acolyte_to_jippity
03-02-2012, 05:42 AM
As I said earlier: The description only states that it should be able to do so once. :/

Reincarnation: Gives you a 15-80% chance of respawning, with old equipment and where you died

where do you see "only once"?

blackmail242
03-02-2012, 06:03 AM
In server not forums.

brett friggin favre
03-02-2012, 11:42 AM
also, from nebula, "ProtoStar: 30-58% chance to raise teammate "

teammate. i guess i'm my own teammate?

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-02-2012, 12:18 PM
I don't think it is this race that is the problem, what I see happening is, you die, revive by ability, die again, revived by bloodmage, die, then revive again ny your ability. It seems that races that revive you reset your personal revive ability.

I have over 80k exp over max lvl on my orc and have never revived as many times as some of you are claiming. Making up numbers vs testing and posting results are two completely diffrent things and dosnt help in solving an appreant issue.

brett friggin favre
03-02-2012, 12:22 PM
I don't think it is this race that is the problem, what I see happening is, you die, revive by ability, die again, revived by bloodmage, die, then revive again ny your ability. It seems that races that revive you reset your personal revive ability.

i wish i had gotten the console text of this >.< but i remember seeing
Brett Favre will revive you via Proto Star in 6 seconds.
You will revive Brett Favre...

for 10 straight respawns. the only reason i'm not posting this on nebula is because i made one post regarding it and here is where the discussion is taking place.

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-02-2012, 12:27 PM
i wish i had gotten the console text of this >.< but i remember seeing
Brett Favre will revive you via Proto Star in 6 seconds.
You will revive Brett Favre...

for 10 straight respawns. the only reason i'm not posting this on nebula is because i made one post regarding it and here is where the discussion is taking place.

That is very odd, regardless of how many times it was.

brett friggin favre
03-02-2012, 12:37 PM
That is very odd, regardless of how many times it was.

which is why i posted it

http://i.imgur.com/zHkuI.gif

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-02-2012, 12:45 PM
which is why i posted it now THAT is a good post for your new picture :3

Rosie
03-02-2012, 01:31 PM
The revive is based on a % and that gets reset when you get revived. for you Brett if you raised yourself that many times you had a 0.04308042% chance of that happening when maxed, just consider yourself lucky.

brett friggin favre
03-02-2012, 01:37 PM
The revive is based on a % and that gets reset when you get revived. for you Brett if you raised yourself that many times you had a 0.04308042% chance of that happening when maxed, just consider yourself lucky.

still wondering how i can revive myself if it's just supposed to rez teammates (speaking of nebula of course)

blackmail242
03-02-2012, 04:49 PM
http://steamcommunity.com/id/blackmail242/screenshot/505766033492667800 Just so we know :P

Blackmage
03-02-2012, 07:22 PM
As for the nebula thing, I'm going to say, teammate is just meaning "someone on the team you're on, self inclusive" or "member of the CT or T team, whichever you're on".

On the other topic, monkeys with typewriters :)

ZERO
03-19-2012, 10:27 PM

Race now on RESTORED VERSION
Updated to best weapon removal code

ZERO
04-23-2012, 12:24 PM

Updated weapon removal code.

CYBER
05-30-2012, 01:15 AM
orc doesn't give you ANY warnings that you're gonna respawn, or at least i have never read anything, and im a chat box fanatic that reads everything on the bottom left...It seems to random and instant, sometimes 2 seconds in, sometimes almost 8 seconds, and every time i get a bit surprised although i try m best to keep my hands at work in the game and not let go till 15 seconds passed... Can you also add the respawning sounds to the races so ONLY THE USER can hear it?

DJ_MikeyRevile
05-30-2012, 06:27 AM
orc doesn't give you ANY warnings that you're gonna respawn, or at least i have never read anything, and im a chat box fanatic that reads everything on the bottom left...It seems to random and instant, sometimes 2 seconds in, sometimes almost 8 seconds, and every time i get a bit surprised although i try m best to keep my hands at work in the game and not let go till 15 seconds passed... Can you also add the respawning sounds to the races so ONLY THE USER can hear it?

then you are a chat box fanatic who cant read.....

ZERO
09-12-2013, 02:23 PM
From scratch reprogramming started. :smirk:

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

Note that as always code is being made to match 100% balance wise with original pre OB values. In today's case this for example means making orc immune to damage for 1 second after coming back to life. :wtg:

What
09-12-2013, 02:42 PM
Can you also add a warning that you will respawn? Orc, beast, and Chamelon respawn currently with no warning they are going to and it makes it really hard to not instantaneously die

ZERO
09-12-2013, 02:51 PM
Remember that is already part of the update for any races that do not have the global sounds yet.

ZERO
09-12-2013, 03:36 PM
Updated from scratch version is now live on the test server. All abilities other than the ult have been programed.

All effects from the original OB version are now added.

Please post your thoughts and ideas for what colors the chat notifications should be. Also if you have any ideas for changes to the effects ect.

As always please report bugs.

Lastly as you can see I am moving quick trying to get a few races finished in the next few days :wtg:

ZERO
09-14-2013, 12:45 PM
What color are you all feeling for the orc abilities? I am thinking of purple.

brett friggin favre
09-14-2013, 12:50 PM
What color are you all feeling for the orc abilities? I am thinking of purple.

i was about to reply with purple. then i read that you said purple

so fuck you.

CYBER
09-14-2013, 07:17 PM
purple with some magenta hue would seem to fit best to orc imo.

but zero, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE no grenade trails... we have more than enough trails from santa's bullshit in the server!

What
09-14-2013, 07:28 PM
Santa has a particle thing, a grenade trail isn't so cumbersome, and it would be a nice effect for people to know that a crit nade is coming their way.

brett friggin favre
09-14-2013, 09:04 PM
simple trail like it was in 1.6 would be awesome.

ZERO
09-14-2013, 10:06 PM
So much stock code!

The good news is that making all these stocks will dramatically speed up future races that need highly filtered near code. (Ability to return closest client within X range and on X team and excluding X clients and if you want to check for ult immunity or not)

I even got to have stocks for the stocks lol. But this will on the race side save like 100 lines of code (by replacing it with a single stock).

Within the stocks ect I am as always using switches when possible to improve compiled efficiency as well.

ZERO
09-15-2013, 12:16 AM
I have decided to add an interesting buff to Chain Lightning. The cool down will change depending on the number of targets hit relative to max so for example if you only hit 1 of 2 possible targets the cool down will be half as only half the effective spell was cast.

ZERO
09-15-2013, 01:50 AM
Now ready for release testing. All abilities and effects are complete.

reprogrammed entire race from scratch
16% reduction in code
only 1kb compiled size increase over original
created near code stocks
created inverse team stock
added nade trail
improved ult target finding
added universal sounds
improved respawn system
better variable, method declaration and cleaning methods discovered which after testing will become the new standard for some methods and will DRAMATICALLY improve bug prevention and reduce code complexity.

Please test Orc and report back! Also cat works now :smirk:

ZERO
09-15-2013, 04:33 AM
All abilities and effects are in final release status. Please report any issues before release. :wtg:

ZERO
09-16-2013, 03:25 AM

Reprogramed from scratch
25% reduction in code
Only 1kb increase in compiled size despite a dramatic increase in code complexity and new content
added nade trail
added universal sounds
added template stocks
improved respawn system

What
09-22-2013, 08:25 PM
I am not sure this is really a glitch, but now with the 1 sec god mode on respawn, players are frequently changeing races so that they can respawn as a shadow hunter, jack, etc that can not die upon its respawn. People who get spawned by bloodmage, nebula, eye ra, and beast don't get this immortality so i don't think its fair for orc to have it, especially with how much it can be and is exploited.

ZERO
09-22-2013, 09:26 PM
Ah will change it so that it will only apply when the race has not changed. As for having this ability it is how it worked pre OB any races that alo had this pre OB will be changed to have it as well.

Blackmage
09-22-2013, 10:37 PM
Tested on the test server. Staying on Orc = invuln. Changing to Human, dead. Changing to Archmage: Dead. Well, took damage, but headshots to unarmoured foes kill with a usp.

Did this multiple times on both Orc and Human. Only did it once for Archmage.

Also, when you respawn, you get the following message: Teleport Suscess. While I assume that just means you didn't try to spawn in something, Success normally has a slightly different spelling :)

Side note, if you're fast enough, you can kill humans before they get their bonus health now :)

ZERO
09-22-2013, 11:05 PM
Bonus health from what oh you mean when they respawn as human b/c it takes .5 seconds?

Blackmage
09-22-2013, 11:09 PM
Exactly. Was killing the respawned human by dealing 133 damage.

ZERO
09-22-2013, 11:11 PM

ZERO
09-23-2013, 01:28 AM

Fixed it so that spawn timers can not be created when one is already in progress (prevents double reincarnation message when switching to this race after surviving the previous round) Change was done in a stock function and was also updated in all other races using the new stocks as it also prevents strange glitches and possible crashes.

CYBER
09-23-2013, 02:17 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....

ya couldn't just prevent the God Mode when u respawn as another race? much like what you did with dragonfly's sparks and warden's shadow strike ?:(

ehhem,
re-incarnating as another race after being orc used to be a decent tactic for the unsuspected, especially if in need of a speed race later in game.

ZERO
09-23-2013, 02:36 AM
the god mode was restricted only to this race people said it was not fair that you do not get the god mode when you respawn and are not another race so I made it more fair for them by just removing the respawn for other races to see if they like that better...

ZERO
06-13-2014, 03:51 PM

Added && !StrEqual(weapon,"claws",false) to hit test