View Full Version : 004 Night Elf [0] v1.0.9

ZERO
12-13-2010, 09:29 PM
Night Elf
Required Level: 0
Levels per ability: 8
Item Restrictions: NONE
6886Evasion: Gives you 5-30% chance of evading a shot
6887Thorns Aura: 15-50% chance to return 10-33% of the damage you take to the enemy.
6888Trueshot Aura: Does 10-60% extra damage to the enemy, chance is 30%
6889Entangling Roots: Every enemy in 25-60 feet range will not be able to move for 3-10 seconds

http://www.ibisgaming.com/wcs_stats/player.php?id=11900

Initial Release

Fixed evasion so that on level 2 it gives you 9 instead of 90% chance to evade.

Updated in game descriptions

Made entangle work like in description
Updated cooldown time for balance

Round start cooldown changed to 15

Improved performance of hit based abilities

Confirmed CODE is 100% same as 1.0.5

Reprogramed from scratch
chat based ability feedback
changed roots from physical freeze to very slowed movement (so slow your frozen)
ensured that all effects and abilities work as intended from original wcs pre OB server
added ult block feedback
will give ult blocked sound even if it went off but 1 client avoided it (b.c range is > than immunity range)
new effects for abilities

Added || !StrEqual(weapon,"claws",false) to hit test

Fixed redundant evasion trigger from FF bug.

acolyte_to_jippity
12-19-2010, 04:38 PM
fix evasion.

lv. 2 evasion allowed me to put 8 entire m3 shells into someone's face, and they ended up with 57 hp left. for some reason, the percentages are mesed up. lv. 2 seems to evade almost 90% of shots, and it goes down with lv. 3 and up

ZERO
12-19-2010, 06:40 PM
your right it is set to exactly 90% for that level, patch on the way

ZERO
12-19-2010, 06:59 PM

Fixed evasion so that on level 2 it gives you 9 instead of 90% chance to evade.

Blackmage
12-23-2010, 12:05 AM
Roots + Flight(both archmage and strider) interacts oddly. If the target is in flight, or switches into flight, they are not bound by the roots. If they switch out, they are immediately bound. Switching in and out of flight will toggle bound and not bound.

CYBER
12-23-2010, 12:10 AM
Roots + Flight(both archmage and strider) interacts oddly. If the target is in flight, or switches into flight, they are not bound by the roots. If they switch out, they are immediately bound. Switching in and out of flight will toggle bound and not bound.

isnt that a gd thing?
if u get rooted u can just simply fly away as a counter mesure? (at the cost of ur own ultimate?)
but do u mean that the roots STILL root u even after the ultimate wears off?

acolyte_to_jippity
12-23-2010, 12:25 AM
isnt that a gd thing?
if u get rooted u can just simply fly away as a counter mesure? (at the cost of ur own ultimate?)
but do u mean that the roots STILL root u even after the ultimate wears off?

flight skills are suppose to completely remove roots (and, stoning from athena for that matter) if they're use after being rooted.

Blackmage
12-23-2010, 01:16 AM
Cyber: no, only until the ulti goes away. Also, given the CD of the flight skills is nigh instant, there's no real cost.

Jip: If you're hit while in flight, it "removes" them right away, but will come back when you land, if roots aren't done. But I don't see why they should trump the "not able to move" when the point of roots is to stop the speedy things from running.

Hmm, should check vaga, spidey and human too.

acolyte_to_jippity
12-23-2010, 02:04 AM
Cyber: no, only until the ulti goes away. Also, given the CD of the flight skills is nigh instant, there's no real cost.

Jip: If you're hit while in flight, it "removes" them right away, but will come back when you land, if roots aren't done. But I don't see why they should trump the "not able to move" when the point of roots is to stop the speedy things from running.

Hmm, should check vaga, spidey and human too.

one of the counters to nightelf and athena's ult. is the fact that flying races (not teleporting races) can escape instantly

Blackmage
12-23-2010, 03:41 AM
One other thing, about roots, you now have to get your target in a forward arc instead of just hitting anyone in the radius. Haven't seen root hit more than one person either.

I still don't follow this, when one of the main uses for this ability is countering speed. Why would a counter for the ability be what it is supposed to counter? But if this is what zero will, so be it. I REALLY don't get, flavour wise, why teleporting would NOT get away, and flight would.

A funny note: if vaga/spidey uses their ult while tangled, they keep the momentum when the tangle goes away :)

acolyte_to_jippity
12-23-2010, 11:56 AM
One other thing, about roots, you now have to get your target in a forward arc instead of just hitting anyone in the radius. Haven't seen root hit more than one person either.

I still don't follow this, when one of the main uses for this ability is countering speed. Why would a counter for the ability be what it is supposed to counter? But if this is what zero will, so be it. I REALLY don't get, flavour wise, why teleporting would NOT get away, and flight would.

A funny note: if vaga/spidey uses their ult while tangled, they keep the momentum when the tangle goes away :)

speed != flight.

speed is flame pre, undead, suc. hunter, spiderman...

flight is flight. bash is your best friend against flight, since bash (at least it use to) make them drop from the sky

Blackmage
12-23-2010, 02:43 PM
As you seem willing to ignore and/or create your own facts, I shall concede the point.

acolyte_to_jippity
12-23-2010, 03:43 PM
As you seem willing to ignore and/or create your own facts, I shall concede the point.

what exactly o you mean? vines was never a counter for flight races. they have ALWAYS been able to escape easily.

also, != means "not equal"

Blackmage
12-23-2010, 05:26 PM
At least Stone was a counter for flight. As I had remembering them being the same except for range and duration, I assumed that Vines were the same.

Yes, I know what != means. The problem was, != is misleading at the best. While they are not the same sets, for Ibis at least, the flight set is COMPLETELY contained in the speed set. Speed may not be flight, but flight IS speed.

acolyte_to_jippity
12-23-2010, 05:45 PM
At least Stone was a counter for flight. As I had remembering them being the same except for range and duration, I assumed that Vines were the same.

Yes, I know what != means. The problem was, != is misleading at the best. While they are not the same sets, for Ibis at least, the flight set is COMPLETELY contained in the speed set. Speed may not be flight, but flight IS speed.

no, stone still was avoidable if you ult. flew.

at least that's how i remember it

ZERO
12-24-2010, 12:53 AM
I do not believe the flying races ever had any hard counters.

acolyte_to_jippity
12-24-2010, 12:04 PM
I do not believe the flying races ever had any hard counters.

bash and weblines (not the ult, the one that made you pause for a second)

they made flyers literally, drop from the sky. other than those two skills however, there wasn't anything.

ZERO
12-24-2010, 02:39 PM
I am currently trying to have a new native added to wcs that will make it easy to update abilities like entangling roots to work on a radius instead of just within view. If all goes well expect an update in January.

jonny5v
01-04-2011, 12:01 PM
I am currently trying to have a new native added to wcs that will make it easy to update abilities like entangling roots to work on a radius instead of just within view. If all goes well expect an update in January.

Would this mean multiple target possibilities? And also the root time needs to be reduced drastically. 10 seconds is an eternity :)

acolyte_to_jippity
01-04-2011, 12:51 PM
Would this mean multiple target possibilities? And also the root time needs to be reduced drastically. 10 seconds is an eternity :)

it'll be just like before. 8-10 seconds, everyone in range

jonny5v
01-04-2011, 02:29 PM
it'll be just like before. 8-10 seconds, everyone in range

In the future, a well placed roots and a couple nades/orc nade can kill a lot of people >.<.

Blackmage
01-04-2011, 03:26 PM
In the future, some well place bullets can kill people too! But, locking people down so you or your team can kill them IS the idea :)

ZERO
01-08-2011, 03:58 AM

Updated in game descriptions

ZERO
01-09-2011, 08:59 PM

Made entangle work like in description
Updated cooldown time for balance

Blackmage
01-12-2011, 08:17 PM
Entangle + teleport. Now, you can teleport while entangled, you stay rooted where you end up though.

Steamer
01-12-2011, 08:47 PM
The 30 sec cooldown at round start make's it very difficult to counter fast races (vagabond, stryder, spiderman) from demolishing your team.

Tickle Me Emo
01-12-2011, 08:55 PM
The 30 sec cooldown at round start make's it very difficult to counter fast races (vagabond, stryder, spiderman) from demolishing your team.

Yeah, considering this race is the only hard counter (right now) to the aforementioned speed races, having such a long cooldown at spawn is crippling. Speed races have this nasty tendency to not wait for your ultimate to come up before killing you, due to their inherent... speed.

maynard
01-12-2011, 10:01 PM
Yeah, considering this race is the only hard counter (right now) to the aforementioned speed races, having such a long cooldown at spawn is crippling. Speed races have this nasty tendency to not wait for your ultimate to come up before killing you, due to their inherent... speed.

we're not gonna change races 2 apease the current situation of whatever races there are, that would just be stupid... + wards destroy pretty much all the speed races so there's that option as well.

Steamer
01-13-2011, 07:27 PM
Original cooldown was 15 seconds at round start. Wards are shit for round start vs. vagabond / spiderman / stryder.

I thought ZERO was trying to make the races back to the way they were before. If so, cooldown should be 15 second CD at round start, not 30. Current in round cooldown seems just fine.

This is ZERO's server, there is no we. Just user input.

ZERO
01-13-2011, 08:14 PM

Round start cooldown changed to 15

ZERO
04-08-2011, 03:25 PM

Improved performance of hit based abilities

ZERO
03-19-2012, 10:29 PM

Confirmed CODE is 100% same as 1.0.5

ZERO
09-16-2013, 05:11 PM
Race reprograming started.

Wow this thing is a clusterfuck...

if(!W3HasImmunity(victim,Immunity_Skills) && Math_GetRandomFloat( 0.00, 1.00 ) <= 30)
{
War3_DamageModPercent(TrueshotDamagePercent[skill_level_trueshot]+1.0);

Yes your reading that correctly due to an error it looks like this race currently has 100% trueshot damage. However as we get no feedback as to what was done who knows if that ability really did ever work at all. So the fix is going to be a buff or a nerf but I guess we will find out.

You all see now why I am just making all of them from scratch, when on my code base they are much much easier to read and bug fix.

ZERO
09-16-2013, 05:37 PM
New version has been placed on the test server. Ultimate and effects are not yet programed.

ZERO
09-16-2013, 05:53 PM
Effects have been added for all the abilities.

NOTE: the effects are all new compared to the live version but are actually ALL the original effects from the pre OB version.

Let me know what you think of the effects and suggestions for changes. I have for now made all txt from this race green. I can use other green shades for example as well if we want to make it more different.

Please feel free to sugest changes to the effects, new effects and color changes that will fit this race. Remember that part of this big reprogram is not just to make everything run great but also to highlight the uniqueness of the indivual races though some more polished effects.

ZERO
09-16-2013, 07:09 PM
Ult is now finished except for the effects.

You are now told in txt if no valid clients are in range and when it does go off you are told how many clients you froze and for how long.

While making the methods for roots I developed some better callback methodology and so I might be making some changes to the teleport checking stock to reflect this and reduce the total number of methods in addition to providing better call back flexibility.

ZERO
09-17-2013, 04:54 PM
No one testing this yet?

Passarelli
10-11-2013, 05:25 AM
Zero, I was just wondering why the Night Elf evasion is lower then Molecule. Given, 3% isn't huge. When I get home tomorrow from work, I'll see if I can grab someone into the test server as I want to test a few other things as well.

acolyte_to_jippity
10-11-2013, 07:50 AM
Zero, I was just wondering why the Night Elf evasion is lower then Molecule. Given, 3% isn't huge. When I get home tomorrow from work, I'll see if I can grab someone into the test server as I want to test a few other things as well.

because elves are easier to hit than a single molecule.

Masskid
10-11-2013, 09:37 AM
because elves are easier to hit than a single molecule.

Idk every time I try to hit an elf it just turns out to be a human with pointy ears. I'm beginning to think that they don't exist .

CYBER
10-14-2013, 09:28 PM
i didn't know that this race was being rebuilt on the test server. i will take a look at it .

Passarelli
10-15-2013, 02:06 AM
Zero, the text that appears is great!

CYBER
10-15-2013, 06:21 AM
Zero, the text that appears is great!
I honestly wish we could rename the
"trueshot aura" and "thorns aura" ... to just "Trueshot aura" and "thorn spikes or thorns"... because the naming is very confusing especially when fast-reading in console, and especially if going 1 night elf vs another.

and I also wish that any damage dealt TO you (like an enemy's trueshot or enemy thorns) is colored red or something so we can know that it was dealt to you...
and anything dealt BY you to enemy, like your trueshot and thorns, is colored in a darker green...

because it's jsut really confusing...

also, are u planning on adding an effect for thorns? or just the trueshot?
and the entangle doesnt have an effect btw.

Passarelli
10-15-2013, 10:28 AM
Yeah, the effects hasn't been added yet. That is a great idea Cyber. We didn't test night elf v night elf so I didn't notice it. Your suggestion would make it much easier to parse through the information.

ZERO
10-23-2013, 02:01 AM
Yea I noticed that issue in testing and plan to make some changes to the colors. I also will look into some skill name changes to improve things as well. :wtg:

ZERO
01-18-2014, 11:15 AM
Now updated and in final testing. The ult will stop flying races that are within range. All effects are completed. Please report any glitches. This will be rolled live once confirmed good.

ZERO
01-18-2014, 12:25 PM

Reprogramed from scratch
chat based ability feedback
changed roots from physical freeze to very slowed movement (so slow your frozen)
ensured that all effects and abilities work as intended from original wcs pre OB server
added ult block feedback
will give ult blocked sound even if it went off but 1 client avoided it (b.c range is > than immunity range)
new effects for abilities

Wolfenstinger
01-30-2014, 09:39 PM
So.... Masskid suggested checking this on the test server real quick with night elf's ultimate after playing a bit against one last night. The results were.... interesting.

First demo consists of a pump shotty after a few fail shots (just shooting at the wall counts as fail) and then 1-shotting Masskid WHILE staring at the ground
Second demo consists of an auto shotty - failing and then repeating the pump shotty (while missing a shot... shut up)
Third demo consists of dualies. Shooting too fast messes up your Field of View (I think that's what I want to call it? Correct me if I'm wrong) to the point where - we couldn't look down at all. You see me headshot Masskid as it fixes AFTER the ultimate disappears.

Masskid
01-31-2014, 01:10 PM
So.... Masskid suggested checking this on the test server real quick with night elf's ultimate after playing a bit against one last night. The results were.... interesting.

First demo consists of a pump shotty after a few fail shots (just shooting at the wall counts as fail) and then 1-shotting Masskid WHILE staring at the ground
Second demo consists of an auto shotty - failing and then repeating the pump shotty (while missing a shot... shut up)
Third demo consists of dualies. Shooting too fast messes up your Field of View (I think that's what I want to call it? Correct me if I'm wrong) to the point where - we couldn't look down at all. You see me headshot Masskid as it fixes AFTER the ultimate disappears.
This is also every race which has a slow effect (human, chameleon) it's just extremely noticeable with a 10 second slow

What
02-07-2014, 11:39 PM
So yeah, entangle is definitely fucking with aim. I would suspect its the same as the original bash, since it completely stops you, the momentum is fucking up your aim. Perhaps the entangle very slow movement would help to mitigate the issue. I don't think it is completely fixable since it is involving game physics, a very quick momentum shift is going to carry onto the things coming off of you, like bullets or grenades, while the physical model is having a different effect applied to it. So unless there is a way to make the physics uniform not just to the player model, but also objects like grenades and bullets, there will always be an issue.

Also..... YOLO

CYBER
02-08-2014, 04:03 AM
What if entangle duration was reduced from 12s at max to like 5-7s and use the leftover 7-5 to slowdown the player progressively without fucking up their aim?

Because let's be honest, you don't need all 12s in wcs: after 5 of full freezing, if you haven't seen/killed the frozen player, you probably aren't. Plus there is another instant freezing race (Athena), and this might introduce different mechanics.

In fact, the 'effect' can do like 3-step ring drawing at each progressive speed reduction until a max 3-4 rings at full stop?

Might add some interesting mechanics in those 5s of progressive slow for someone to round a corner or move slowly to safety instead of the current "yawnnnnmmm I'm frozen forever and no one has seen me yet" feel after the full 5s of standing still?

Wolfenstinger
02-08-2014, 12:40 PM
Just saying it now... if anyone viewed those demos in that rar I posted for Masskid, you'd get a better visual of how fucked up your aim gets. Like, yeah. It's pretty hectic.

kionay
02-08-2014, 12:51 PM
i thought the whole "slow way down you're not moving" instead of "frozen" was supposed to fix your aim?

did this not apply to night elf?

What
02-08-2014, 12:59 PM
wolfen try testing it where the guy you entangle has been standing still, not running or jumping or crouching, just have mass stand perfectly still, entangle him and see if the aim is fine or fucked up, that would show whether or not momentum/movement is the root issue.

Masskid
02-08-2014, 01:28 PM
wolfen try testing it where the guy you entangle has been standing still, not running or jumping or crouching, just have mass stand perfectly still, entangle him and see if the aim is fine or fucked up, that would show whether or not momentum/movement is the root issue.

The issue is that the slow doesn't allow the player to reset his recoil. This was already apparent with camelions skill that slowed you down when you hit them. The game needs time reset your momentum for recoil but its moving at like 0% speed so it never reaches the amount of time to reset recoil, the slower the movement is the longer it will take to fix the recoil of a gun.

Wolfenstinger
02-08-2014, 01:29 PM
Here is a set of demos with the following :

Auto Shotty
Pump Shotty
Para
Dualies
and a HE Nade. Because we got curious. (There is 2 of them because we were trying to figure out what happened the first time.... The 2nd one made more sense.)

All of these are standing still. No running. No jumping. No crouching. Just purely standing up and not adjusting my mouse as I shot until I go to shoot Masskid.

Passarelli
03-13-2014, 06:14 PM
Entangle, medusa's gaze, as well as bash still most definitely screw with aim and it is very frustrating.

That said, I'm curious why entangle gives the message, "Enemy has immunity" even when the person with the lace is not within range of entangle. I liked being able to use it as a rangefinder, but as soon as someone gets a lace, that idea is kaput. I'm not sure if it is intentionally programmed this way, but if so, orc, athena and other races with targeting ults should also do the same thing.

the_best_noob
03-13-2014, 07:50 PM
I agree. With Raiden, Orc, Night Elf, and ults that tell you if someone is in range, I always spam ult unless I have a clear reason not to, but with elf the sound is ridiculously annoying, and it is very hard to tell if someone actually has a lace, or if someone is simply not close enough to me.

Passarelli
03-13-2014, 08:02 PM
How it is currently working on live is thus:

It works the same as any other race if no one on the enemy team has a lace.
If any opponent has a lace no matter the distance, it will give the error message "enemy has immunity" and play the tone. If someone without a lace ventures within range, they will be entangled properly. While this is moderately useful to tell if your enemies do not have a lace without going into playerinfo, the tone it makes is loud and very annoying. I'd rather be able to tell if one of those pesky lace users is close so I can be better prepared and say, toss out a flashbang/warn my team. As other races with very similar abilities can do this, I find it odd enough that I would consider it a bug.

That and I probably would have been able to continue on my flawless victory tonight instead of ending up ~35-13.

What
03-13-2014, 08:17 PM
Agreed, sound is annoying as hell, though I have found if you jam the button enough, it will eventually make no noise at all.

ZERO
06-13-2014, 03:52 PM
Added || !StrEqual(weapon,"claws",false) to hit test

ZERO
06-17-2014, 01:12 PM

CYBER
06-17-2014, 06:18 PM

I think I missed the point where the FF acronym was explained, what does FF stand for again? And how was it proccing the multiple evasions (which pass and i noticed was absurd recently)? :)

Blackmage
06-17-2014, 06:23 PM
Friendly fire. Paraphrasing Zero here: "it was checking any bullet that would hit you before it actually did, without checking if the bullet came from the same team".

CYBER
06-17-2014, 06:33 PM
Friendly fire. Paraphrasing Zero here: "it was checking any bullet that would hit you before it actually did, without checking if the bullet came from the same team".
I assumed FF would be this but didn't make any sense... how would that be abused or proc more evasions when being shot at by enemies? Or is it bring fixed just for the sake of fixing it?

Blackmage
06-17-2014, 06:36 PM
For this race, I assume it's just a bug to be fixed. We found it on Alchy and THERE, you could get all the armor!

CYBER
06-17-2014, 06:45 PM
Ahhh. Well then.

But this doesn't help me prove that night elf evasion seem to have more proc chances these days... I'm talking like emptying a full part point blank in front of a night elf with a human, see the night elf bashed forever, and yet evading all dmg like no body's business... Adding a helm to that I creases it even more than what a helm usually does...

ZERO
06-17-2014, 06:45 PM
Yea b/c coed from existing races is often used to make new ones so if there is a bug in an old one it will be in all code that uses that code. Thus a new standard model for how to code that code is required and all must confirm to the model to prevent bugs. Even if it does not help night elf it should not occur and is thus a bug and thus needs to be fixed. The fix is fast and easy and was done right away.

Passarelli
06-17-2014, 08:07 PM
Cyber, if you wanted to test the proc rate on night elf, I'm sure you could work out a date and time with Zero. He could revert the FF change for night elf in the test server for that day, and you, me, and someone else (to balance teams) could hop in and run a few thousand rounds.

That said, I've been playing NE a lot recently, and the evasion for me seems to be working properly. The most shots in a row I have dodged so far is 4 and that is very very rare.

ZERO
06-17-2014, 08:54 PM
The chance of dodging 4 in a row is 0.81%.

Passarelli
06-17-2014, 09:54 PM
Seems about right then to me. As I said, it is very, very rare. You definitely notice when it happens though XD

It also helps that I'll buy helm + health so it has more time to happen.

Zero, any chance you can get the "enemy has immunity" message to only appear when someone has a lace (or skill equivalent) while in range? It is kind of annoying to see it 100% of the time whenever someone on the other team has a lace.

ZERO
06-17-2014, 10:39 PM
Yea but do you all want it to say something else or nothing at all. Or I can make it only apply to users who were within the effective range but who did not get effected due to the immunity.

Passarelli
06-17-2014, 11:08 PM
I think it should be like other targeted ults are now and how it used to be. It would say, "No targets in range" when you use it and it can find no players in range with no sound, "Player has immunity" when the target has immunity and makes the failed ability sound, or "x players effected". I believe this is how Orc works already also. Currently it does not tell you if there is still a player with immunity in range as well as who it targets, though you could implement it that way if you want to give the ult even more power (or give it to all targeted ults to reduce the power of lace--not sure if you would want to do this, but the option is there ^_^).

Alternatively, you could take out the player has immunity if you wanted to increase the power of the ult--though then you would have to do it for other races, such as Orc.

At the very least, the sound is horrible in it's current state as when you press it even when there is no one nearby you get that beep. When you press it like I do pretty often, it is just about all you hear :violin:

CYBER
06-18-2014, 03:54 AM
I think it should be like other targeted ults are now and how it used to be. It would say, "No targets in range" when you use it and it can find no players in range with no sound, "Player has immunity" when the target has immunity and makes the failed ability sound, or "x players effected". I believe this is how Orc works already also. Currently it does not tell you if there is still a player with immunity in range as well as who it targets, though you could implement it that way if you want to give the ult even more power (or give it to all targeted ults to reduce the power of lace--not sure if you would want to do this, but the option is there ^_^).

Alternatively, you could take out the player has immunity if you wanted to increase the power of the ult--though then you would have to do it for other races, such as Orc.

At the very least, the sound is horrible in it's current state as when you press it even when there is no one nearby you get that beep. When you press it like I do pretty often, it is just about all you hear :violin:

i second this fag's suggestion.

Passarelli
06-18-2014, 04:16 AM
i second this fag's suggestion.

I only pitch for you Cyber. You make such a good catcher. Mmmmhmmm.

Wolfenstinger
07-06-2014, 01:14 PM
Night Elf and Athena need their roots fixed so when a player dies while rooted, and is revived; the effect is still not there when they come back to life. I'd like to say Chameleon would be the same, but I'm not 100% sure since it hasn't been touched up last I checked.

What
07-06-2014, 01:57 PM
Its been the case for a while now, I think he has a fix in the works for it, though personally I like it when a flyer spawns rooted in the air and then quickly drops to their death.

Wolfenstinger
07-07-2014, 03:55 PM
It gets obnoxious whenever I revive through a Scroll of Resurrection just to sit in spawn for another 5-8 seconds rather than utilizing my 5-8 seconds moving and preparing to TP as a lion. Also it's just being re-posted if anything because it does need to get fixed. I don't like getting reverted back to spawn half the time, even if it's a good thing.

CYBER
07-07-2014, 06:10 PM
Yeah this needs to be fixed... Perhaps we could also fix the fact that Athena and night elf roots affect the aim of the people shooting DRASTICALLY ...

I think it's the fact that the player is usually in motion when rooted... Perhaps there is a way to reset the player or "respawn" their body model when rooted so that their momentum is no more?

I don't know how that could be programmed tho...

But all rooting and bashing skills are currently broken because of that momentum thing, it's rly a problem

Passarelli
07-07-2014, 06:30 PM
Yeah this needs to be fixed... Perhaps we could also fix the fact that Athena and night elf roots affect the aim of the people shooting DRASTICALLY ...

I think it's the fact that the player is usually in motion when rooted... Perhaps there is a way to reset the player or "respawn" their body model when rooted so that their momentum is no more?

I don't know how that could be programmed tho...

But all rooting and bashing skills are currently broken because of that momentum thing, it's rly a problem

Until Zero figures out a way to fix bash effects, a fix for this is unlikely. Just aim a lot lower ^_^

CYBER
07-07-2014, 07:06 PM
Until Zero figures out a way to fix bash effects, a fix for this is unlikely. Just aim a lot lower ^_^

What if the game actually disabled WASD input for a second on the client while applying a slow before applying the root? (counting that second as part of the effect)

This should put the player model to rest just before applying the root, and then keep the WASD and +jump disabled until root is over?

I believe this might at least PARTIALLY reduce the aim screwing side effect...

Short if being in air when the root happens, ur aim shouldnt be affected theoretically then... And ppl rooted in air had it coming lol

ZERO
07-08-2014, 12:04 AM
Bash was fixed 4 updates ago...

CYBER
07-08-2014, 01:16 AM
Bash was fixed 4 updates ago...

I respectfully say: FUCK NO! lol

Passarelli
07-08-2014, 09:05 PM
Zero, bash still messes with aim on live. If you need some demos, I'm sure Cyber and I can get a few. It actually moves the crosshairs now, so I'll set my shooting button to spacebar or such and not touch the mouse.

ZERO
07-09-2014, 04:33 PM
It does not even freeze you anymore. It just slows you down. The only way it could be actually effecting you is if your not on the ground when hit by it. Alternatively it could just be your client side prediction.

Wolfenstinger
07-09-2014, 05:06 PM
Here is a set of demos with the following :

Auto Shotty
Pump Shotty
Para
Dualies
and a HE Nade. Because we got curious. (There is 2 of them because we were trying to figure out what happened the first time.... The 2nd one made more sense.)

All of these are standing still. No running. No jumping. No crouching. Just purely standing up and not adjusting my mouse as I shot until I go to shoot Masskid.

Old but they are still about the Entangle issue that's being brought up atm.

CYBER
07-09-2014, 06:05 PM
Old but they are still about the Entangle issue that's being brought up atm.

What it felt like was that when u shoot under entangle effect, its almost as if your stationary crosshair/aim is repositioned slightly higher than usual each time u shot because the entangle effect "freezes it" back in place at the very end of the shot instead of resetting the cross hair back to the original pre-shot position... The more u shot the more u shot upwards, and even started to shoot the ceiling above and behind u while aiming horizontally to a wall in front of u... The demos are there zero...

What I don't understand is why bash or root for example, who are mainly to slow down your MOVEMENT drastically, end up freezing your v_model view and screen when turning or smthn too... I personally see the effect as more of welding the feet in place so that they dnt move on the plane, but i dnt understand why mouse rotation are also affected and actually locking your aim slightly before ur intended target.

ZERO
07-09-2014, 11:14 PM
Based on what your saying logically any time in cs:s that you give a player increased movement speed they will have lower recoil and any time you slow them down they will have increased recoil.

I will take a look at the effects when under roots again in the test server next time I am on there.

Wolfenstinger
12-19-2014, 05:50 PM
Would like to add that when you die to a root effect, such as Entangling Roots, and use a Scroll of Respawn or something similar, the time you are rooted for is still in effect when you come back to life.

What
12-20-2014, 03:19 AM
Would like to add that when you die to a root effect, such as Entangling Roots, and use a Scroll of Respawn or something similar, the time you are rooted for is still in effect when you come back to life.

White girl problems

Wolfenstinger
01-17-2015, 01:40 AM

In picture, shows that Night Elf (me; Marracas ibis.a) dealt damage to myself. The problem is though, how? HOW?!

Scenario was this : Running.... running.... failing at aiming.... get stabbed and kill self. This wasn't done through a kill bind, nor did I use a HE Nade. I was just playing Night Elf and this has a tendency to happen from time to time which STILL is a complete mystery to me on how this happens. Is it thorns that is acting up somehow which is reflecting damage to user in process rather than delivering the damage?

ZERO
01-17-2015, 01:34 PM
If you got dmg from 1 of its abilities you would get the message in chat. Who attacked you, what races?

Wolfenstinger
01-17-2015, 04:14 PM
The only person that I attempted to attack and was attacked by was a vagalion. His blades proc'd and as the console log shows, I did take the knife damage (did not evade it) but I did die to myself. I've seen this happen but it's not as COMMON as it is RARE to actually even catch.

StarsMine
01-17-2015, 08:21 PM
I have seen it happen once to me, It was to quick to really regester what happend but I was annoyed at the xp loss. I thought the other guy was fucking with me, ill take note next time I see it happen.,