Broom of Velocity: You can run and fly (with lift-off) faster, 5-30% more speed
Weapon of the Sorcerer: On spawn 10-90% chance to get Desert Eagle/M4A1
Lift off: You can fly and gain 5-10 additional health while flying

http://www.ibisgaming.com/wcs_stats/player.php?id=11907

Initial Release

Fixed weapon of sorcerer to remove current weapons and force spawn the new ones
Updated the way the chance is calculated so it works correctly
Added message so user has confirmation that the ability is working

Fixed so that you actually get a speed increase instead of a speed reduction.

Released patch to ensure that speed bonus does not carry over to other races.

Improved programing of weapon removal to prevent crashes.

Updated to prevent ultimate use if within 30ft of an immunity.

Patched weapon spawn function to give based on correct odds.

Updated weapon removal code

Race now on RESTORED VERSION
Updated to best weapon removal code

Initial Release of reprogrammed version

Recompiled to have the 400hp limit

Superman
12-22-2010, 10:13 PM
Archmage Proudmoore

This doesn't work while running.

ZERO
12-22-2010, 10:19 PM
Despite the description I do not think it ever made you actually run faster, just fly faster.

Blackmage
12-22-2010, 11:25 PM
The health does not go away after leaving flight, so each time you enter, you gain that much health. Given max rank is almost instant toggle and gains 10 hp each time, I don't believe this was the intention.

acolyte_to_jippity
12-23-2010, 12:29 AM
The health does not go away after leaving flight, so each time you enter, you gain that much health. Given max rank is almost instant toggle and gains 10 hp each time, I don't believe this was the intention.

lol, zero foun that out earlier.

and it is supposed to increase running speed. seems to at least for me. maybe you on't have it leveled enough? you don't see a real difference til it's at least haf-way leveled (only 15% increase at that point)

CYBER
12-23-2010, 03:55 PM
Archmage Proudmoore
Required Level: 50
Levels per ability: 6

Earthquake: Shake your enemy on attack, 25% to activate for 3-6 seconds
Weapon of the Sorcerer: On spawn, you may get for 30-50% a Desert Eagle/M4A1
Lift off: You can fly and gain 5-10 additional health while flying

something is wrong with this guy's ultimate.
if u click ultimate while running it does nthn, not even lift off, u have to be actually JUMPING first.
lets say this is what is supposed to happen, well there is another thing, when u lift off without running or accidentally press ur ultimate without run+jump, you cant move at ALL until the ultimate wears off and u press +ultimate again to land... its just VERY hard to control this guy.
not to mention that, if i was flying , and i die, when i respawn (for me im talking about same round respawn at least), i respawn in flight mode, and since i respawned that way , i,e without running and jump +ultimate, then i would also be somewhat stuck, only able to move sideways for a very limited area...
i guess u have to see it urself to judge,... it could be just me failing, but i asked around and a lot of ppl like echo told me that the ultimate of this race IS somewhat glitchy to use...insight?

acolyte_to_jippity
12-23-2010, 04:06 PM
if u click ultimate while running it does nthn, not even lift off, u have to be actually JUMPING first.
lets say this is what is supposed to happen, well there is another thing, when u lift off without running or accidentally press ur ultimate without run+jump, you cant move at ALL until the ultimate wears off and u press +ultimate again to land... its just VERY hard to control this guy.
not to mention that, if i was flying , and i die, when i respawn (for me im talking about same round respawn at least), i respawn in flight mode, and since i respawned that way , i,e without running and jump +ultimate, then i would also be somewhat stuck, only able to move sideways for a very limited area...
i guess u have to see it urself to judge,... it could be just me failing, but i asked around and a lot of ppl like echo told me that the ultimate of this race IS somewhat glitchy to use...insight?

were you running up a ramp? i don't have much of a problem controlling it for some reason, and it was never all that maneuverable to begin with

StarsMine
12-23-2010, 04:09 PM
look down and back up and you will fly with out jumping

CYBER
12-23-2010, 04:30 PM
were you running up a ramp? i don't have much of a problem controlling it for some reason, and it was never all that maneuverable to begin with

nope, i would be on straight line... it tells me "ready to lift off", i use it , sometimes get stuck in place if i wasnt already running uber fast and jumping,
but u cant stop the lift off in mid air untill all ur ultimate seconds are used up? its just confusing.,.. thats one of the 2 races i never understood the point of em...but still at least u know it is hard to manoeuver it nways.

Superman
12-23-2010, 05:50 PM
lol, zero foun that out earlier.
and it is supposed to increase running speed. seems to at least for me. maybe you on't have it leveled enough? you don't see a real difference til it's at least haf-way leveled (only 15% increase at that point)

No, it doesn't, I have it maxed out and there is 0 run speed bonus. Ive tested it with people running normal speed.

Despite the description I do not think it ever made you actually run faster, just fly faster.

I say this class sucks then. You have 3 pointless skills. One, you can't fly on our server, its almost impossible and easy get you out of control, so the ultimate is a bust, if you can't run faster, then there is 0 logic in putting points in run speed untill after you max out fly and because flying sucks, you now have 2 skills that are worthless in wcs. 3, pistols? Seriously? Do i even have to speak on how stupid it is to get a free pistol? Oh, thats right, you get a choice of 2 pistols...lol Def not worth it. Thus, 3 out of 4 very, extremely, useless skills for this class!

Superman
12-23-2010, 05:53 PM

No, you doing fail. Its almost impossible to fly on WCS servers. Its only good for long distance moving and to land on something high up for advantage points. And because 90% of the time you can't control the speed or direction, its almost worth not doing it just to save yourself trouble and stress.

acolyte_to_jippity
12-23-2010, 05:56 PM
I say this class sucks then. You have 3 pointless skills. One, you can't fly on our server, its almost impossible and easy get you out of control, so the ultimate is a bust, if you can't run faster, then there is 0 logic in putting points in run speed untill after you max out fly and because flying sucks, you now have 2 skills that are worthless in wcs. 3, pistols? Seriously? Do i even have to speak on how stupid it is to get a free pistol? Oh, thats right, you get a choice of 2 pistols...lol Def not worth it. Thus, 3 out of 4 very, extremely, useless skills for this class!

wow, you're quite wrong. flying is a pain to control, but once you're goo at it it's quite effective. yes, zero needs to fix run speed bonus, but earthquake is fucking insane, and the free deagle/m4 is very nice (though, increasing the proc chance woul be very VERY appreciate zero)

the race is a sleeper race, not too goo on paper but great if you use it right. crackhouse, nipperhouse, deathcookin...they're all goo maps for archmage, because of it's flying ability, and it's earthquake is incredibly disorienting.

Superman
12-23-2010, 06:01 PM
wow, you're quite wrong. flying is a pain to control, but once you're goo at it it's quite effective. yes, zero needs to fix run speed bonus, but earthquake is fucking insane, and the free deagle/m4 is very nice (though, increasing the proc chance woul be very VERY appreciate zero)

the race is a sleeper race, not too goo on paper but great if you use it right. crackhouse, nipperhouse, deathcookin...they're all goo maps for archmage, because of it's flying ability, and it's earthquake is incredibly disorienting.

The description shows 2 pistols, not an m4. But I had 3 points in it and in 25 rounds I didn't get one proc either way. As for flying, its only usefull if someone DOESN"T see you. If anyone see's you, your dead, you can't shoot in the air and you can't move in time to get out of the way. And shocke is decent, but if they don't move their mouse, they are still shooting in the same direction and thus, doesn't affect the bullets being shot at you. Any noob who sprays and prays can easily get shocked and still kick ass.

acolyte_to_jippity
12-23-2010, 08:30 PM
The description shows 2 pistols, not an m4. But I had 3 points in it and in 25 rounds I didn't get one proc either way. As for flying, its only usefull if someone DOESN"T see you. If anyone see's you, your dead, you can't shoot in the air and you can't move in time to get out of the way. And shocke is decent, but if they don't move their mouse, they are still shooting in the same direction and thus, doesn't affect the bullets being shot at you. Any noob who sprays and prays can easily get shocked and still kick ass.

are you talking about in-game description? because it's a deagle/m4A1. and even if it procs, i buy a pump shotty an use it in the air.

i'm not saying that it's a god-class, just that it isn't as bad as most people say. i've found that most of the races everyone says "is worthless" end up being decent to really good once you learn to play them. take human for example. everyone just ramped it to 10 and got off of it because they thouhgt the ult. was useless. but then i took it, learned to use the ult. and the class correctly (this was on the pre-OB update server) and ended up showing people just how incredible it was.

ZERO
12-24-2010, 01:01 AM
Also the fact that it can regen health for its ultimate. I will look into if there needs to be speed added to it when I can. Also when I get back from vacation I will be updating the ingame descriptions for all the classes.

CYBER
01-01-2011, 08:02 AM
Also the fact that it can regen health for its ultimate. I will look into if there needs to be speed added to it when I can. Also when I get back from vacation I will be updating the ingame descriptions for all the classes.

weapon sorcerer still not working :(

acolyte_to_jippity
01-01-2011, 02:38 PM
weapon sorcerer still not working :(

it does, it just procs way WAY too seldom

CYBER
01-01-2011, 04:00 PM
it does, it just procs way WAY too seldom

meh, archmage could use the extra kick...
heck even if archmage spawned with an m4 one round, and a deagle the other, it still would be considered a "fun" race, not a competitive one...
but i sure do love flying away from viper's flame pred:P haha

Xerenix
01-05-2011, 07:04 PM
The flying is fine. I am able to run very fast on the ground with it and i can controll it in the air almost perfectly. It's a very reliable race depending on the map you play it on. I had a 30 10 score or something with just flying around and shooting people with a shotgun in the air.

The only fix needed is the Weapon of a sorcerer skill which dosn't seem to be working.

CYBER
01-05-2011, 07:12 PM
The flying is fine. I am able to run very fast on the ground with it and i can controll it in the air almost perfectly. It's a very reliable race depending on the map you play it on. I had a 30 10 score or something with just flying around and shooting people with a shotgun in the air.

The only fix needed is the Weapon of a sorcerer skill which dosn't seem to be working.

weapon sorcerer is working ,but VERY rarely, but i did get an M4 3 times in a full game... which needs to be more.

and btw xenerix, the shooting in air only works for u bcos of that fucking aimbot of urs -.-
i wish i was kidding lol, gotta love ur swivel HS across the map with a scout 5 times in a row , IN MID AIR, on port -.-
i hate u :( :plzdie: hehehehehe

Xerenix
01-05-2011, 08:23 PM
i wish i was kidding lol, gotta love ur swivel HS across the map with a scout 5 times in a row , IN MID AIR, on port -.-

Pfft. I only did one hs with a scout in the air against mikey and it was complete bs. I didn't even see him on my screen, just gotta love the weapon reg in CS :reddot:

CYBER
01-05-2011, 09:47 PM
Pfft. I only did FIVE hs with a scout in the air against mikey and it was complete bs. I didn't even see him on my screen, just gotta love the weapon reg in CS :reddot:

corrected :)

got demo lol, was specking a guy back then, just happened to have checked u bcos mikey was trying to scout u at least 5 times and failing at distance , while he was CROUCHING lol

ZERO
01-06-2011, 03:07 AM
The weapons do work but the leveling is very steep you do not even have a chance to get a m4 until level 5 at which the chance is then 30%. Ultimately you have a 50% chance to get degal/m4 when fully leveled.

Xerenix
01-06-2011, 08:02 AM
corrected :)

got demo lol, was specking a guy back then, just happened to have checked u bcos mikey was trying to scout u at least 5 times and failing at distance , while he was CROUCHING lol

I wasn't flying at those times... I was still on the ground

CYBER
01-06-2011, 10:51 AM
I wasn't flying at those times... I was still on the ground

xerenix, take a hint, am just fucking with u :P

but yeah, archmage's fly is "progressively" learned, but there is a VERY steep learning curve and it depends on the maps... it is very unfortunate that what seems to be open sky maps actually have a very low skybox...
also the recoil in mid air is retardedly annoying...

can anyone tell me from experience where to aim with a scout or shotgun on a person to get the highest probability of a hit when u're in mid air depending on the current reg? i never get enough time to test it bcos i would be a sitting duck up there...

acolyte_to_jippity
01-06-2011, 10:55 AM

but yeah, archmage's fly is "progressively" learned, but there is a VERY steep learning curve and it depends on the maps... it is very unfortunate that what seems to be open sky maps actually have a very low skybox...
also the recoil in mid air is retardedly annoying...

can anyone tell me from experience where to aim with a scout or shotgun on a person to get the highest probability of a hit when u're in mid air depending on the current reg? i never get enough time to test it bcos i would be a sitting duck up there...

pump shotty, directly at their chest.
scout, LOL. you're fucked.

if you're using archmage to fly to someplace to scout from, you're best off taking a glock as your pistol, since it's burst fire is suprisingly accurate in midair. otherwise, shotty's the way to go. it's incredibly accurate while your in the air

Xerenix
01-06-2011, 11:07 AM

I knew you were joking from the beginning.. Geez.

You aim depending on which direction your flying.

CYBER
01-06-2011, 11:09 AM
pump shotty, directly at their chest.
scout, LOL. you're fucked.

if you're using archmage to fly to someplace to scout from, you're best off taking a glock as your pistol, since it's burst fire is suprisingly accurate in midair. otherwise, shotty's the way to go. it's incredibly accurate while your in the air

I ALWAYS GO WITH SHOTTY, BUT IM JUST SURPRISED AT THE RATE I KEEP GETTING SCOUTED IN MID AIR...

ANY CHANCE A PERSON CAN GET EITHER AN M4 OR PUMP SHOTTY for weapon sorcery?:P instead of the worthless deagle (fucked by the new update:P)?
hehehe jkkkkk... shotty imho is probably the best overall primary weapon in wcs, if u consider the (strenght+accuracy)/price ratio :D

ZERO
01-14-2011, 12:23 AM

Fixed weapon of sorcerer to remove current weapons and force spawn the new ones
Updated the way the chance is calculated so it works correctly
Added message so user has confirmation that the ability is working

ZERO
01-20-2011, 01:23 AM

Fixed so that you actually get a speed increase instead of a speed reduction.

BlindGam3r
01-23-2011, 07:34 PM
Archmage>all other races :D

Also, Ive found this bug where when switching from archmage to a new race, you keep the speed gain from broom of velocity

E.G I was playing my maxed archmage, switched to crypt lord (lvl0) and still had the 1.2 speed or whatever it is for the rest of the map, it went back to normal on the next one

ZERO
01-23-2011, 10:13 PM

Released patch to ensure that speed bonus does not carry over to other races.

ZERO
01-24-2011, 02:45 PM

Improved programing of weapon removal to prevent crashes.

ZERO
02-10-2011, 03:25 PM

Updated to prevent ultimate use if within 30ft of an immunity.

ZERO
02-21-2011, 02:28 PM

Patched weapon spawn function to give based on correct odds.

Sword of Gideon
06-16-2011, 10:38 PM
Would it be possible to place a "AAAAAAAAAEEEENNNNNNNNGGGGGGGHHHTTTT" kind of harsh buzzer sound when a teleport failed to go off because of someone else's necklace or whatever?
I don't really understand what the hell is going on; think lag is the culprit, and then realize sometimes too late that it was prevention. It would be nice to realize I was prevented. Wouldn't I in real life? INstead of wondering what it was, I would know. I'm being prevented from flying. I wouldn't be like, "hmm, is this lag?" What do you think?

acolyte_to_jippity
06-16-2011, 11:59 PM
Would it be possible to place a "AAAAAAAAAEEEENNNNNNNNGGGGGGGHHHTTTT" kind of harsh buzzer sound when a teleport failed to go off because of someone else's necklace or whatever?
I don't really understand what the hell is going on; think lag is the culprit, and then realize sometimes too late that it was prevention. It would be nice to realize I was prevented. Wouldn't I in real life? INstead of wondering what it was, I would know. I'm being prevented from flying. I wouldn't be like, "hmm, is this lag?" What do you think?

i think there's output in chat...

also, play more. you'll learn.

ZERO
06-17-2011, 01:21 AM
This is a good point though and something I will look into implementing in the future. It would need to be standardized across the races though for ease of use.

acolyte_to_jippity
06-17-2011, 06:55 AM
This is a good point though and something I will look into implementing in the future. It would need to be standardized across the races though for ease of use.

why? there's nothing really wrong with just having a messege in chat. we never had any sound on the pre-ob server

ZERO
06-18-2011, 05:05 PM
Yea but this I think is a nice feature to add in once I finish all the races. Remember that we do want to improve the quality of game play as well :wtg:

BladeTwinSwords
09-13-2011, 07:59 PM
I've noticed a few people have been abusing the fly ultimate to get back free health. Before the update, it originally gave you +15 health when you flew but took it away when you landed. Right now it only gives you the health. It needs to take it away like it used to.

Blackmage
09-13-2011, 11:28 PM
Given this has been known for almost a year now, and taking Zero's comment into account, I think this is how it's supposed to work now.

ZERO
01-19-2012, 02:39 PM

ZERO
03-19-2012, 11:41 PM

Race now on RESTORED VERSION
Updated to best weapon removal code

ZERO
04-23-2012, 12:31 PM

ZERO
10-21-2014, 05:29 PM
Reprogramming from scratch.

ZERO
10-21-2014, 08:32 PM
Race is on test server and in FINAL RELEASE STATUS. The weapon give at spawn has been buffed. No other changes from live were made.

Please test and confirm that everything is working correctly.

Xerenix
10-22-2014, 10:58 AM
Race is on test server and in FINAL RELEASE STATUS. The weapon give at spawn has been buffed. No other changes from live were made.

Please test and confirm that everything is working correctly.

How much was the chance increased?

Got pretty much the weapons every other round before.

ZERO
10-22-2014, 12:34 PM
Now you will always get both instead of not getting the primary until it is leveled up more.

Blackmage
10-27-2014, 01:40 AM
HP cap removal helps this race. That is all I have to say :)

Passarelli
10-27-2014, 12:41 PM
HP cap removal helps this race. That is all I have to say :)

Great. Now people will sit somewhere safe and spam their ult until there is barely enough time (or not enough time) to complete their objective. *coughronniecough*

ZERO
10-27-2014, 08:41 PM
Initial Release of reprogrammed version

ZERO
12-24-2014, 01:16 PM

Recompiled to have the 400hp limit