PDA

View Full Version : 006 Shadow Hunter [60] v1.1.1

ZERO
12-13-2010, 09:34 PM
Shadow Hunter
Required Level: 60
Levels per ability: 5
Item Restrictions: ring
6894Healing Wave: Heals teammates in 15-25ft range, 7-15HP randomly every 3-25sec

6895 Hex: Chance to Evade a skill 10-50%

6896 Serpent Ward: 3 serpent wards, damage enemy in 20-28ft range for 10-14sec at 20 damage/sec. Bind '+ability1'

Constricting Shadows: 30% chance to destroy boots of speed and slowdown enemy for 2-6sec by 25-45%.

6897 Big Bad Voodoo: Invincibility for 2-3 seconds

http://www.ibisgaming.com/wcs_stats/player.php?id=11881

Initial Release

Restricted Ring of Regeneration

Updated descriptions

Ward now slows player like before

Ward will last after death

Updated to prevent ultimate use if within 30ft of an immunity.

Confirmed CODE is 100% same as 1.0.5

Initial Release of reprogrammed version

Max health gain limited to 400hp

Patched wards so they can not drop after round end.
Increased max timer length chance from 15 to 25.

Max health gain is now actually limited to 400hp

Lace has a 50% chance per shot to deal dmg even when ult is activated

ZERO
12-15-2010, 07:05 PM

Restricted Ring of Regeneration

ZERO
01-08-2011, 04:06 AM

Updated descriptions

maynard
01-10-2011, 06:30 PM
not sure how big of a fix this is for ya, but we still need 2 look into making it so wards don't stop when the shadowhunter that places them dies. not sure if you wana wait till the final tweaking or what to look at it, thought id mention it though seeing how it's not been said in this thread.

CYBER
01-10-2011, 06:56 PM
not sure how big of a fix this is for ya, but we still need 2 look into making it so wards don't stop when the shadowhunter that places them dies. not sure if you wana wait till the final tweaking or what to look at it, thought id mention it though seeing how it's not been said in this thread.

just want to get my facts straight, are strider wards supposed to stay after death as well? or just the shadow hunters?

maynard
01-10-2011, 07:01 PM
i never really played strider before... never liked it much so I don't 100% remmeber. but I believe that strider wards did stay when the strider died, like shadowhunter.

Wolfenstinger
01-10-2011, 07:03 PM
shadow hunter suicide bomber? :P

ZERO
01-13-2011, 12:09 AM

Ward now slows player like before

maynard
01-14-2011, 02:02 AM
will making the wards stay after the shadowhunter dies be a bix fix?

ZERO
01-14-2011, 02:30 AM
I will try to push the ward update when the hells demon is finished.

maynard
01-14-2011, 03:18 AM
I will try to push the ward update when the hells demon is finished.

sweet:wtg:

Zack
01-15-2011, 01:31 AM
When i was playing as a Shadow Hunter i found out i could shoot through peoples' Force Field (molecule). Not sure if Hex is suppoused to work on Ultimates such as Force Field.

I was only able to shoot through that as a shadow hunter and tried using Necklace of Immunity but it didnt work.

The items i was using were
- Ankh of Reincarnation
- Helmet of the black legion
- Claws of Attack

Hope this helps.

maynard
01-15-2011, 01:51 AM
When i was playing as a Shadow Hunter i found out i could shoot through peoples' Force Field (molecule). Not sure if Hex is suppoused to work on Ultimates such as Force Field.

I was only able to shoot through that as a shadow hunter and tried using Necklace of Immunity but it didnt work.

The items i was using were
- Ankh of Reincarnation
- Helmet of the black legion
- Claws of Attack

Hope this helps.

Hex: Chance to Evade a skill 10-50%

ZERO
01-15-2011, 05:48 PM

Ward will last after death

frvwfr2
01-16-2011, 07:17 PM
Could you (Zero) make +ability1 list the current # of Wards left, without placing one? Also, time left for Ultimate would be cool... I hate checking to see the time left of my Ult recharge, only to accidentally use it.

CYBER
01-16-2011, 07:24 PM
u get a sound warning u when ur ultimate is done, u just have to keep ur ears open, and have a sence of time, specially since having a countdown till ur ultimate might be a bitch "luxury" to program.
that said, i understand why u'd ask such thing, and if zero is ok with it , it could be a cool feature, +ability1 to count wards aint bad either... sometimes i spam a few wards when freaked out by sudden vaga nxt to me, and i forget how many, if any, i have left :(

maynard
01-16-2011, 08:02 PM
everytime you use a ward it tells you how many are left....

morale of the story, don't button mash.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-16-2011, 08:57 PM
everytime you use a ward it tells you how many are left....

morale of the story, don't button mash.

this.

learn your ult an when it comes back

frvwfr2
01-16-2011, 11:01 PM
So I guess we shouldn't even have cooldown timers then either, just get to know your Ult! Duh!

Jeez guys, is convenience bad? If it's difficult, I don't care if Zero doesn't. But it would be a nice feature to have. I talked to him about the Ward part while he was on the server, and he said post on here and he'd [think about it.] or something. I don't remember exactly... But anyways, yeah.

maynard
01-16-2011, 11:09 PM
So I guess we shouldn't even have cooldown timers then either, just get to know your Ult! Duh!

Jeez guys, is convenience bad? If it's difficult, I don't care if Zero doesn't. But it would be a nice feature to have. I talked to him about the Ward part while he was on the server, and he said post on here and he'd [think about it.] or something. I don't remember exactly... But anyways, yeah.

it's not hard 2 hit your ultimate, and look at how long left till you can use it... sorry if that presents a challenge 2 you.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-17-2011, 01:29 AM
dumbing the mod down just defeats the purpose of it in the first place.

it's really not so hard to learn what each race's ult does, and what it's cooldown is.

maynard
01-17-2011, 01:35 AM
there's nothing hard about the process....

frvwfr2
01-17-2011, 01:59 PM
it's not hard 2 hit your ultimate, and look at how long left till you can use it... sorry if that presents a challenge 2 you.

But I don't want to do that right as it's coming back and accidentally use it. Sure, it happens rare enough, but it would still be a nice thing to have.

maynard
01-17-2011, 02:23 PM
But I don't want to do that right as it's coming back and accidentally use it. Sure, it happens rare enough, but it would still be a nice thing to have.

I'm sure there's a reason you're the only person in the servers history who has had a prob with this.

Blackmage
01-17-2011, 05:07 PM
That's why there's also the woosh sound whenever your ult is ready. Unless you're saying you manage to push it AS it prepares and still manage to trigger the ult.

ZERO
01-17-2011, 05:11 PM
They are upset about you asking about the ultimate being improved. Unfortunately I do not think it could be made easier than it is currently. As for the wards I want to make a feature of all races that have extra abilities that if you press your first unused ability button it will tell you extra info. In the case of this race it would be current ward count. In the case of a race like succubus hunter it would be the current number of skulls you have ect.

maynard
01-17-2011, 05:23 PM
people should be able 2 remember in a 3 minute period how many times they clicked the ward button Lol... like come on...

also it did tell you before how many skulls you had at the beginning of each round in the text area.

ZERO
01-17-2011, 05:40 PM
actually if you type skulls or something like that in chat it will tell you. This is actually what originally gave me the idea to make it so you could press a button to see your skills as chameleon.

Superman
01-17-2011, 05:48 PM
So, I just got back and noticed that wards don't go away when you die. Ummmmm, WTF man. I know thats how it used to be, but, seriously, it was retarded. People would buy absolutly nothing, run to a popular area, pop invulnerable, drop 5 wards (that slowed and almost ALWAYS killed you), get money for each kill among xp, then buy a scroll and come back and do it again. Its completely unfair to the opposite team to have no max amount of Shadow Hunters all dropping wards all over the place making it so no one can move until they disappear, which if done properly, would be never. I like the idea that a shadow hunter actually had to use SKILL to get kills and xp and money. This bullshit pussy method is disrespectful to the skilled players. If you want to see a repeat of what happened before, cause this did happen before, your about to see it.

maynard
01-17-2011, 06:03 PM
it's how the server was before. stop being a baby and get better. I don't let shadow hunters run up on me and pull shit, so why do you?

there's stupid pepople who never learn (not you) and it will forever and always be easy 2 kill them with wards. any smart player will make sure there's always distance between them, and when approaching corners which they can't see around, doing it carefully 2 prevent a shadow hunter popping out and warding you.

it's very easy 2 not die by wards... people just need 2 buck up.

also with the new races out now, not many ppl been playing shadow hunter. nor have I seen a single person play shadowhunter and constantly ward every 1 and just keep respawning 2 do it over.

PPL forget you can force people off a race in WCS, by playing the best counter and just pwwning them. once they get frustrated, they will change races.

also you can buy a necklace of immunity and just pwwn a shadow hunter, provided you still keep your distance.

with WCS the issue generally is, people don't want 2 change their race or play style, they rather just bitch and cry about OP or whatever they can. in WCS you HAVE to change races frequently.

Superman
01-17-2011, 06:31 PM
it's how the server was before. stop being a baby and get better. I don't let shadow hunters run up on me and pull shit, so why do you?

there's stupid pepople who never learn (not you) and it will forever and always be easy 2 kill them with wards. any smart player will make sure there's always distance between them, and when approaching corners which they can't see around, doing it carefully 2 prevent a shadow hunter popping out and warding you.

it's very easy 2 not die by wards... people just need 2 buck up.

also with the new races out now, not many ppl been playing shadow hunter. nor have I seen a single person play shadowhunter and constantly ward every 1 and just keep respawning 2 do it over.

PPL forget you can force people off a race in WCS, by playing the best counter and just pwwning them. once they get frustrated, they will change races.

also you can buy a necklace of immunity and just pwwn a shadow hunter, provided you still keep your distance.

with WCS the issue generally is, people don't want 2 change their race or play style, they rather just bitch and cry about OP or whatever they can. in WCS you HAVE to change races frequently.

These threads are here for people to complain, so with much respect to you, fuck off! You don't like to see people bitching, then find a new hobbies (aside from reading forums). I respect you Manyrd, but you always putting people down is getting really old. No one says that you have to respond to people or even listen to them bitch.

Now onto the server and how wards sticking around after death affects everyone.... Simple, not everyone that comes onto our servers are pro's. When I first joined and got hit with wards by some fag with a power trip running into us with invulnerability or dropping 5 wards around a corner, it gets frustrating. And people don't like to get frustrated while playing a game.

I can handle wards, but most can't, and I, unlike others, am trying to look out for other people.

maynard
01-17-2011, 06:35 PM
when did I disrespect you superman lol? all I said was there will always be stupid people who will easily die by wards cause they're just shitty CSS'ers overall and I wasn't talking about you. even when I said there's dumb people out there, I said in brackets it's not directed at you, so how exactly am I being rude or disrespectful towards yourself?

I respect you Manyrd, .

clearly not

I can handle wards, but most can't, and I, unlike others, am trying to look out for other people.

the only people who can't are those who are new 2 the server... and just like anything in life when you start doing something new, you need 2 learn and figure things out. if you were able 2 do it, other obviously will be able 2 as well.

These threads are here for people to complain

actually they're here 2 get the races back on track 2 what they originally were, and 2 report any issues or bugs relating 2 the class in question.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-17-2011, 06:44 PM
no, these threads are for bugs.

wards lasting after death is not a bug, or a problem. just because you have trouble with something does not mean it's a problem.

an while it's noble for you to look out for others, those others are perfectly able to get better.

having wards disappear after death was one of the worst differences between the old server and the new one, an now they're fixed. thank god

and any wcs issue is one where maynard is quite simply the best person to go to. nobody knew the old server like him, and we're getting this server back to exactly (read: exactly) like it use to be.

ZERO
01-17-2011, 07:42 PM
They are also for suggesting changes but as stated previously no changes will be considered until we have everything back the way it was. I think peoples opinion of this will change when we are able to get anti ward items again.

Superman
01-17-2011, 07:54 PM
They are also for suggesting changes but as stated previously no changes will be considered until we have everything back the way it was. I think peoples opinion of this will change when we are able to get anti ward items again.

Until then, shouldn't we consider going back to the way it was?

acolyte_to_jippity
01-17-2011, 08:09 PM

it is the way it was.

that's kinda what zero is oing, putting everything back the way it was

maynard
01-17-2011, 08:11 PM

why, it's not as big of an issue as your making it out 2 be. it's not like each team has 5 ppl playing it at all times. we just did office and dust, 2 maps that are great for shadow hunters and there was only 3 of them, and every 1 was in good spirits and having a good time. and not a single person complained about shadow hunters.

even when we had the potion back in the day, no 1 bought it worth 2 shits lol.

CYBER
01-17-2011, 08:22 PM
u know, to be fair with everyone, i'm thinking of putting a tag at the beginning of each of my comments, either "BUG", "CRASH" or "important change", "luxury/suggestion/requests"
that way, people like zero interested in bugs for now until all races are made can skip through favor requests, and people like maynard and aco and many others who are very "traditionalists" regarding the old wcs rules can just pick their battles ...

maynard, aco, like zero said, these threads are also to see what other ppl think... yes i know u guys were in the old wcs, and everytime u guys told me to stop bitching, i did, and learned ur ways (which i am thankful), and i know that u guys want to bring back wcs to its old glory, which i am all for and i am backing u guys up.
but for the sake of arguement, can we stop stalking those who request an OPINION on a change in wcs? zero already stated that no change will be made till after all races are made. so for now, ppl are just asking for everyone to post their opiniong on smthn , including u guys of course.
yes u guys are the oldies, but u're not the only people around anymore, there are more newcomers than oldies, and like u said maynard "wcs is about adapting"... maybe oldies should adapt to some changes as well , IF worth it . but i know what u guys mean, i think u guys' have had it with ppl bitching instead of playing better, i am one of them! but i learned from my mistakes and i know what u guys meant...but people are getting disturbed by the way ALL responses can be summed up to " old wcs used to balblabla, we want it the same blablabla, wont change blablab, play better blablabla" . i have yet to see a response differ from this pattern... so ppl (not me) might resent that... just a thought... again, am not against u guys, i like all of u , and not trying to complaing..just a friendly advice.

that said, superman, wards look OP now, but soon the anti-ward item will be released, and if a douchebag rushes at u trying to ward u , u could simply laugh ur ass off when they see its not affecting u ... also many races can play well against shadow hunters... i prefer the wards stay , but ppl need to be more careful not to ward near objective... perhaps a timer after a person is dead? does that solve ur problem?
i am like u , i like making suggestions, but i learned i'm better off waiting till all races are out before requesting ppl's OPINION on possible changes...

Superman
01-17-2011, 08:45 PM
Does this mean that the anti ward drink will last a round and be used as your in a ward or will you have to be like able to type 600 wpm and buy one right as wards are landed in your face?

maynard
01-17-2011, 09:50 PM
but for the sake of arguement, can we stop stalking those who request an OPINION on a change in wcs?

I don't stalk people, I tell them 2 stop complaining when they're doing so.

yes u guys are the oldies, but u're not the only people around anymore, there are more newcomers than oldies,

never assumed I was the only person around, and obviously there's more new people then oldies, it's always like that on a server. it's CSS random ppl join all the time.

and like u said maynard "wcs is about adapting"... maybe oldies should adapt to some changes as well , IF worth it

you're taking my reference out of context. I said that as in people who don't ever buy a gun, and only play the class they wana lvl, and then that complain cause there team is losing and start claiming everything is OP are idiots. if they actually bought a gun, and changed up races depending on the situation they might win and could drastically change the tide.

. but i know what u guys mean, i think u guys' have had it with ppl bitching instead of playing better, i am one of them! but i learned from my mistakes and i know what u guys meant...but people are getting disturbed by the way ALL responses can be summed up to " old wcs used to balblabla, we want it the same blablabla, wont change blablab, play better blablabla" . i have yet to see a response differ from this pattern... so ppl (not me) might resent that... just a thought... again, am not against u guys, i like all of u , and not trying to complaing..just a friendly advice.

what you don't understand is people are complaining 2 make the game suit what THEY want 2 deal with, not what's better for the server overall. ive seen little actual legitimate suggestions, most of it is just people who are pissed off rambling about how they don't want this in the game anymore, or it should be changed cause they're angry. as ive also said before, you new people haven't even seen all the race yet and how they bounce off each other, so you have no grounds 2 really claim what's OP, and what's not or what should be changed till you've seen the full view of things. people also need 2 realize the majority of things I say are all things zero has said as well. if people want 2 come up with ideas that benifit the server overall, I'm all for it. as for hearing ppl QQ about the same shit for going on 2 years now lol... yeah... gets old... even when the WCS server wasn't up ppl were still QQing 2 me....

I'm all for positive and good ideas regarding WCS, I just haven't seen many. if we listened 2 every 1's ideas, our server would be a joke. cause almost every 1 has an issue with a certain aspect of WCS and wants that specific aspect dumbed down 2 suite their needs.

think your mad at wards.. HA.. wait till eye ra's are summoning you 2 your death and giving you negative score lol. or wait till you start dealing with Eva's.

Blackmage
01-17-2011, 09:57 PM
Does this mean that the anti ward drink will last a round and be used as your in a ward or will you have to be like able to type 600 wpm and buy one right as wards are landed in your face?

First, that's why you set a key bound to buying pot, like tomes :)

Second, when it actually worked, you had it, until you reached a ward, then you had ward immunity for X seconds, something like 10. It was a once a round item.

maynard
01-17-2011, 09:58 PM
im pretty sure it was based on the amount of dmg you took. like it prevented X amount of dmg. and once that dmg was used up, it would wear off.

ZERO
01-17-2011, 10:02 PM
Actually I take into account that everyone is going to complain for things that make it easier for their play style. The process of doing this however makes it easier for me to identify the full impact of particular users play styles from what they want changed. This then makes it easier for me to see how balance changes will impact all the players when compiled together.

In addition while most of the old players know that I already take the overall balance of many things into account (as the old version was fairly well balanced) however the new players do not know what things I have or have not thought about. So even if it is something I have already addressed or plan to it is easier to let them complain about it so that they know for sure that their complaint or view point is known and or being taken into account when balance decisions come in. While most of the old races are likely not going to change the input is going to be very important when I start making and adding new races and that will be when we start to branch out from the original balancing that we had in the past.

maynard
01-17-2011, 10:07 PM
that's my point though. Nothing new has been said. it's the same stuff we've been listening 2 forever. but you can ignore my PM I sent ya regarding what changes you're going 2 imply. the "While most of the old races are likely not going to change the input is going to be very important when I start making and adding new races and that will be when we start to branch out from the original balancing that we had in the past." answered my question.

CYBER
01-17-2011, 10:39 PM
I don't stalk people, I tell them 2 stop complaining when they're doing so.

never assumed I was the only person around, and obviously there's more new people then oldies, it's always like that on a server. it's CSS random ppl join all the time.

you're taking my reference out of context. I said that as in people who don't ever buy a gun, and only play the class they wana lvl, and then that complain cause there team is losing and start claiming everything is OP are idiots. if they actually bought a gun, and changed up races depending on the situation they might win and could drastically change the tide.

what you don't understand is people are complaining 2 make the game suit what THEY want 2 deal with, not what's better for the server overall. ive seen little actual legitimate suggestions, most of it is just people who are pissed off rambling about how they don't want this in the game anymore, or it should be changed cause they're angry. as ive also said before, you new people haven't even seen all the race yet and how they bounce off each other, so you have no grounds 2 really claim what's OP, and what's not or what should be changed till you've seen the full view of things. people also need 2 realize the majority of things I say are all things zero has said as well. if people want 2 come up with ideas that benifit the server overall, I'm all for it. as for hearing ppl QQ about the same shit for going on 2 years now lol... yeah... gets old... even when the WCS server wasn't up ppl were still QQing 2 me....

I'm all for positive and good ideas regarding WCS, I just haven't seen many. if we listened 2 every 1's ideas, our server would be a joke. cause almost every 1 has an issue with a certain aspect of WCS and wants that specific aspect dumbed down 2 suite their needs.

think your mad at wards.. HA.. wait till eye ra's are summoning you 2 your death and giving you negative score lol. or wait till you start dealing with Eva's.

again, i know what u mean, i wasnt trying to call u out or anything.
if anything, i am agreeing with u . after playing for a long time, i'm currently top 5 (unless no-lifers nocked me out of my rank again...)
and i know what u meant by balance and i know zero does his best to balance everything eventually...
i am not against u, on the contrary, i am with u , i see that many people have done the same mistake as i did, and its to complain about smthn because they sucked at it , just like me :P , instead of learning how to cope with it .
and i'm sure they will learn that too... in time... so what if they complain really? it's like their stress reliever, or their way to learn WHY they suck at smthn because ppl call them out on their mistakes when they bitch about it...thats how i learned myself...
i know u;re not "Stalking" , but some players who posted here have mentionned that this is how they percieved it , i told them what u told me , they need to adjust and not to hold it against the oldies bcos they know what to expect, unlike us. so i see that if they complain, so be it , zero can easily say no to them, its not their call, but its their right to discuss about it :)
sry if i appeared as if going against u maynard, quite the contrary really :)

maynard
01-17-2011, 11:09 PM
again, i know what u mean, i wasnt trying to call u out or anything.

I know cyber. you're good ppl.:wtg:

acolyte_to_jippity
01-17-2011, 11:49 PM

simple:

bind j "say shopmenu; menuselect 9; menuselect 6" (or whatever combination will bring you to the potion.

oh god. i literally cannot wait for eva an eye-ra. but before eva comes out, zero needs to make a decision about a few things. eye-ra will piss so many people off though, i literally cannot wait ^_^

im pretty sure it was based on the amount of dmg you took. like it prevented X amount of dmg. and once that dmg was used up, it would wear off.

it was time-based as far as i could tell.

BulletSponge
01-27-2011, 07:01 PM
the range on the wards is a little out of control imo, you will get hit at least 10-15 feet from the outer ring of the ward.

I didn't read every post so if someone has already said this then I apologize and will cut my wrist later.

ZERO
02-02-2011, 03:32 PM
Will be updated to correct number of wards and leveling pattern.

maynard
02-02-2011, 04:01 PM
will the dmg be raised then? cause I'm 100% positive that 3 wards from back in the day, would kill you a hell of a lot quicker then 3 do now.

ZERO
02-02-2011, 06:25 PM
No it is the same on those values. The only thing that was a bit different before was that we were not slowing down players enough which we are now. So they should die from 3 easily just like before.

ZERO
02-10-2011, 03:30 PM

Updated to prevent ultimate use if within 30ft of an immunity.

VladtheImpaler
03-24-2011, 08:49 PM
I seem to have discovered an issue though I am not 100% sure about it. It seems to me that while under the effects of their ultimate a shadow hunter can shoot through a molecule shield?

Tickle Me Emo
03-25-2011, 12:16 PM
I seem to have discovered an issue though I am not 100% sure about it. It seems to me that while under the effects of their ultimate a shadow hunter can shoot through a molecule shield?

A Shadow Hunter always has a chance to shoot through Molecule shield, the Hex ability provides that.

StarsMine
03-25-2011, 03:39 PM
I thought hex was just ability, not ultimate

Damn hex keeps blocking my scout crit >.<

Dj panda
04-10-2011, 11:27 AM
Immunity Still does not work we confirmed this on the real server, :(

ZERO
04-10-2011, 11:58 PM
That runs constantly the code has not been changed. Let me know if voodoo does not work as I think that may be broken. :wtg:

---------- Post added at 12:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 AM ----------

I have updated it to fix the ultimate.

taz1stP
09-14-2011, 06:57 PM
we should make a rule that about office and placing rules in the projector room b/c it a big problem with toughing the hostages and people arguing if they are toughing or not.

acolyte_to_jippity
09-14-2011, 07:27 PM
we should make a rule that about office and placing rules in the projector room b/c it a big problem with toughing the hostages and people arguing if they are toughing or not.

*touching

and the rule is EXTREMELY simple. they cannot touch the hosties, or block off all paths to/from them.

maynard
09-14-2011, 08:03 PM
it's only an issue cause there's a buncha new ppl on as of late who don't know wtf they are doing. I am currently dealing with all those involved and educating them on the subject of wards.

acolyte_to_jippity
09-27-2011, 01:44 AM
ummm, the ultimate is no longer an 'invulerability' ultimate...

it's completely pointless to block bullet damage if the ability behind it is still a 1-hit KO (not vaga, any race w/ damage ability it seems)

ZERO
09-27-2011, 01:27 PM
UHM it is:

public OnWar3EventPostHurt(victim,attacker,dmgamount)
{
if(IS_PLAYER(victim)&&IS_PLAYER(attacker)&&victim>0&&attacker>0) //block self inflicted damage
{
if(bVoodoo[victim]&&attacker==victim){
War3_HealToBuffHP(victim,dmgamount);
return;
}
new vteam=GetClientTeam(victim);
new ateam=GetClientTeam(attacker);

if(vteam!=ateam)
{
if(bVoodoo[victim])
{
if(!W3HasImmunity(attacker,Immunity_Ultimates))
{
}
else
{
W3MsgEnemyHasImmunity(victim,true);
}
}
}
}
return;
}

acolyte_to_jippity
09-27-2011, 03:00 PM
UHM it is:

public OnWar3EventPostHurt(victim,attacker,dmgamount)
{
if(IS_PLAYER(victim)&&IS_PLAYER(attacker)&&victim>0&&attacker>0) //block self inflicted damage
{
if(bVoodoo[victim]&&attacker==victim){
return;
}
new vteam=GetClientTeam(victim);
new ateam=GetClientTeam(attacker);

if(vteam!=ateam)
{
if(bVoodoo[victim])
{
{
}
else
{
}
}
}
}
return;
}

then i don't think it's working, cause i know i get killed while it's active

wait, the way it works is that it automatically heals you for any damage taken? then if you get dealt enough to kill you in a single hit (aka, an ability procing) then you'd die before the heal is added

ZERO
09-27-2011, 06:26 PM
No that is not how sdk hooks work the event that calculates damage is being intercepted and the damage removed before it is actually given. Thus the calculation as to how much the user has left to trigger death is after this. You will not that users that have necklace can kill you regardless.

acolyte_to_jippity
09-27-2011, 07:05 PM
No that is not how sdk hooks work the event that calculates damage is being intercepted and the damage removed before it is actually given. Thus the calculation as to how much the user has left to trigger death is after this. You will not that users that have necklace can kill you regardless.

wait, so even if a necklace doesn't prevent the activation of voodoo, it still negates it?

that's retarded.

Masskid
09-28-2011, 11:06 PM
If we can shoot through voodoo with a necklace can we do the same with molecule?

SCRIBBLE
09-29-2011, 07:29 PM
If we can shoot through voodoo with a necklace can we do the same with molecule?

No and this frustrates the shit out of me. I hate buying a lace to counter a molecule and it never works.

acolyte_to_jippity
09-29-2011, 10:09 PM
scribble[nuke];115637']No and this frustrates the shit out of me. I hate buying a lace to counter a molecule and it never works.

it shouldn't fucking work for shadow hunter in the first place!!!

that's not how it was on the old server!!

maynard
11-27-2011, 09:27 PM
it shouldn't fucking work for shadow hunter in the first place!!!

This:wtg:

ZERO
03-19-2012, 10:41 PM

Confirmed CODE is 100% same as 1.0.5

Assassin
07-25-2012, 06:45 PM
Hey zero can you fix the grphcs of the ward for shadow hunter to match its actual radius? seeing as it doesn't grow it would help out a lot. Ty.

ZERO
07-25-2012, 07:18 PM
The dmg radius is always slightly larger then the animation by design.

Assassin
07-25-2012, 07:41 PM
Yeah but can you recode it to be the right radius? the only reason I ask is because the other day we were on Italy and I warded where the t's spawn...and the boxes next to the house were being hit but the waves didn't pass through the walls...however the dmg radius did and I got yelled at for it. Not saying I was in the right here or nothing just it would be easier for everyone considered if it just showed exactly where it was hitting ya know?

acolyte_to_jippity
07-25-2012, 07:46 PM
The dmg radius is always slightly larger then the animation by design.

Yeah but can you recode it to be the right radius?

in other news, zero, does a necklace still go through shadow hunter's invuln?

Assassin
07-25-2012, 08:27 PM
Aco that's the point of the question...most code simply has a graphic that is x radius...u change x to the right number and it's done....in other news...yes it still does.

acolyte_to_jippity
07-25-2012, 09:08 PM
Aco that's the point of the question...most code simply has a graphic that is x radius...u change x to the right number and it's done....in other news...yes it still does.

and zero says it was designed like that.

maynard
07-25-2012, 10:07 PM

or you could figure out the radius of the wards, and not gamble with them till you've figured it out.

w00t! problem solved.

Erdenay
07-25-2012, 10:22 PM
in other news, zero, does a necklace still go through shadow hunter's invuln?

Yes, necklace trumps invulnerability.

CYBER
07-26-2012, 09:17 AM
zero,
not to step on anyone's toes, but seriously, a necklace SHOULD NOT be able to go through the shadow hunter's ultimate like a hot knife through butter.
We always talk about balance, and in a server where a "lace" is bought as the second object after a primary weapon, the race's ultimate is fucking useless...

IF ANYTHING, it should be only if the enemy's "immunity" is from its SKILL , not a LACE. You did say you wanted to make it so that inherited immunity skills gets better than lace?... here's your chance. This way, if people wanna counter a shadow hunter immunity, they can play void or shadow hunter or athena etc...
The shadow hunter's immunity is barely a few seconds nway...

BTW, scribble ^^^ you CAN shoot through a molecule's shield, if you are a shadow hunter, WHILE invul mode, WHILE ur "hex" chance activates. i can prove it because i did it in the scrim against spasm on dust , and its sin's demo, and zero's

SCRIBBLE
07-26-2012, 10:02 AM
BTW, scribble ^^^ you CAN shoot through a molecule's shield, if you are a shadow hunter, WHILE invul mode, WHILE ur "hex" chance activates. i can prove it because i did it in the scrim against spasm on dust , and its sin's demo, and zero's

that is for shadow hunter, i'm talking about any race selected with a lace. my issue, for example, is being a human with a lace against a molecule with a lace. i can't teleport next to the molecule but if i was only 10 ft away and he used bubble, i wouldn't be able to shoot through it.

acolyte_to_jippity
07-26-2012, 05:14 PM
zero,
not to step on anyone's toes, but seriously, a necklace SHOULD NOT be able to go through the shadow hunter's ultimate like a hot knife through butter.
We always talk about balance, and in a server where a "lace" is bought as the second object after a primary weapon, the race's ultimate is fucking useless...

IF ANYTHING, it should be only if the enemy's "immunity" is from its SKILL , not a LACE. You did say you wanted to make it so that inherited immunity skills gets better than lace?... here's your chance. This way, if people wanna counter a shadow hunter immunity, they can play void or shadow hunter or athena etc...
The shadow hunter's immunity is barely a few seconds nway...

fuck balance. back on the old server, when your invuln went off (molecule or shadow hunter) you were invulnerable. period. there was no shooting through it at all.

maynard
07-26-2012, 05:23 PM
fuck balance. back on the old server, when your invuln went off (molecule or shadow hunter) you were invulnerable. period. there was no shooting through it at all.

this is true.

Assassin
07-26-2012, 10:59 PM
or you could figure out the radius of the wards, and not gamble with them till you've figured it out.

w00t! problem solved.

It's not a problem of figuring out the spread it's a problem with knowing if ur the inch into a non-wardable zone or not...one nets u a ban...one doesn't. Also for new people to the server who don't have such knowledge why would you not want this fixed? Less admin's having to say watch ur warding...less admins having to ban ppl who ward (accidental or not) seems like a win win to me. You guys were the ones saying hey if you see something that will benefit the server bring it up...just something i noticed that would save a lot of headaches.

acolyte_to_jippity
07-27-2012, 12:13 AM
It's not a problem of figuring out the spread it's a problem with knowing if ur the inch into a non-wardable zone or not...one nets u a ban...one doesn't. Also for new people to the server who don't have such knowledge why would you not want this fixed? Less admin's having to say watch ur warding...less admins having to ban ppl who ward (accidental or not) seems like a win win to me. You guys were the ones saying hey if you see something that will benefit the server bring it up...just something i noticed that would save a lot of headaches.

think of it as a natural cut-off point. those with some intelligence (at least, enough to figure out a fairly simple rule by the time they reach shadow hunter) deserve to remain. those who do not figure it out, don't.

though we do appreciate your attempts to improve the server.

Assassin
07-27-2012, 02:17 AM
think of it as a natural cut-off point. those with some intelligence (at least, enough to figure out a fairly simple rule by the time they reach shadow hunter) deserve to remain. those who do not figure it out, don't.

though we do appreciate your attempts to improve the server.

Yeah Natural Selection and all.

h4x0r
08-19-2012, 01:47 PM
For Zero: Ok, just got kicked for warding spawn after being summoned by Panorama the previous round, I thought this was allowed per the same rules if you get summoned by Eye Ra? Am I wrong? Someone please let me know.

Kicked By Administrator (Beni)
Kicked By Administrator
(ALL) βΣNìHíΜΣ | ibis. a: hes done that shit alot and been warned plenty of times

P.S I'm tired of [CG] Mr. Blam hacking... like right now, someone please catch him

CYBER
08-19-2012, 02:35 PM
For Zero: Ok, just got kicked for warding spawn after being summoned by Panorama the previous round, I thought this was allowed per the same rules if you get summoned by Eye Ra? Am I wrong? Someone please let me know.Kicked By Administrator (Beni)Kicked By Administrator(ALL) βΣNìHíΜΣ | ibis. a: hes done that shit alot and been warned plenty of timesP.S I'm tired of [CG] Mr. Blam hacking... like right now, someone please catch him
Its a very thin line. I wondered about that too before. The main DIFFERENCE between eye rae and panorama is that when u get summoned by eye rae , u dnt know where u're being summoned to.

As opposed to panorama, u know where u killed the last guy and should know that u'd be warding spawn or objective. So technically speaking, no it is not like eye rae, since the ONLY reason u are allowed to ward when summoned by eye rae is bcos u have no fucking idea where u're going, and it's the eye rae responsability to know where it's summoning u.

So techniy ben is right...
HOWEVER, i cant say that i havent done the same thing you did haxor, on a couple occasions, simply because i didnt notice i was getting summoned soon.

Personally i wouldnt mind if the panorama summon got treated like eye rae, but as by the current wording of the rules, you are not allowed to use paronama as an excuse to ward obj or spawn. Try going by my cue for now until maynard or other clan can confirm or deny this.

For now, dnt break rules when warded by pano, it is not eye rae. (for now)

h4x0r
08-19-2012, 02:54 PM
Yeah I thought so, it makes sense because we do know where it's taking us, just checking. thanks... now someone record blam

maynard
08-19-2012, 03:33 PM
the only time you can ward the houses that are not allowed 2 be warded, or ward objectives is if an eye ra summons you.... that is it.

"re match" is not a summon, nor is it eye ra.

h4x0r
10-21-2012, 02:02 AM
See thread (Shadow of the Void) Serpant Wards attacking all players from Spectate.

Spasm
01-04-2013, 07:34 PM
Shadow Hunter
Required Level: 60
Levels per ability: 5
Item Restrictions: ring[INDENT]Healing Wave: Heals teammates in 15-25ft range, 7-15HP every 3-15sec
Hex: Chance to Evade a skill 10-50%
Serpent Ward: 3 serpent wards, damage enemy in 20-28ft range for 10-14sec at 20 damage/sec. Bind '+ability1'
Bid Bad Voodoo: Invincibility for 2-3 seconds

A couple things ZERO
-Hex overrides molecule. To me that is not evading a skill per say.
-I think big bad voodoo should be just like molecule invincibility in that if it gets activated your good, but if within a certain range of lace you can't even use the ultimate.
-Description on Healing wave is incorrect. It should read 7-15HP every 10-7 seconds. That was according to my stop watch but prob not perfect.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-04-2013, 08:56 PM
A couple things ZERO
-I think big bad voodoo should be just like molecule invincibility in that if it gets activated your good, but if within a certain range of lace you can't even use the ultimate.

+1
that's how it was on the old server.

brett friggin favre
01-04-2013, 09:17 PM
i don't like the voodoo idea...a mobile molecule that can drop wards? spasm i know you wanna go 80-0 but come on...lol

Spasm
01-04-2013, 09:29 PM
Thats the way it was and its 3 seconds not 6 like mole.

brett friggin favre
01-04-2013, 09:46 PM
Thats the way it was and its 3 seconds not 6 like mole.

mmm true.

CYBER
01-04-2013, 10:07 PM
A couple things ZERO
-Description on Healing wave is incorrect. It should read 7-15HP every 10-7 seconds. That was according to my stop watch but prob not perfect.

i agree on this.
Thats how it was. and how it should be.

If there's a lace nearby, u cant activate it.
If you activated ur ultimate BEFORe and THEN a lace guy showed up, they shouldn't be able to slice through ur shield like a hot knife through butter...
The ultimate duration isn't long, so this ladder senario will leave the guy with at most a couple seconds of invulnerability.

Whereas the current ultimate is almost useless considering that a lace is almost a staple item for every player in the server....

What
01-04-2013, 10:13 PM
i agree on this.
Thats how it was. and how it should be.

If there's a lace nearby, u cant activate it.
If you activated ur ultimate BEFORe and THEN a lace guy showed up, they shouldn't be able to slice through ur shield like a hot knife through butter...
The ultimate duration isn't long, so this ladder senario will leave the guy with at most a couple seconds of invulnerability.

Whereas the current ultimate is almost useless considering that a lace is almost a staple item for every player in the server....

It depends man, you'd think so but there are lots of idiots who still allow a shadowhunter to Bass Tape their team for an entire map. I for one never have an issue having a good kdr with shadow regardless of the amount of laces around since the wards and healing do a fine job of making you diz-eadly.

CYBER
01-04-2013, 10:17 PM
It depends man, you'd think so but there are lots of idiots who still allow a shadowhunter to Bass Tape their team for an entire map. I for one never have an issue having a good kdr with shadow regardless of the amount of laces around since the wards and healing do a fine job of making you diz-eadly.
dnt take me wrong. shadow is a fucking strong race. it's one of my favorites to play to counter others.
thats why i want to add smthn to spasm:
hex is fine overriding the molecule, heck it's probably one of the best coutners with it. But the description should show that...

As for the invul, i stand by it. the shadow hunter ulti duration is barely half of molecule's and it should be able to stand out on its own ,not get shot through it like a bullet vest made in china-.-...

Spasm
01-05-2013, 06:26 AM
dnt take me wrong. shadow is a fucking strong race. it's one of my favorites to play to counter others.
thats why i want to add smthn to spasm:
hex is fine overriding the molecule, heck it's probably one of the best coutners with it. But the description should show that...

As for the invul, i stand by it. the shadow hunter ulti duration is barely half of molecule's and it should be able to stand out on its own ,not get shot through it like a bullet vest made in china-.-...

It's a glitch and should be fixed, just because it's fine doesn't mean it's not a glitch. If my other changes are implemented shadow hunter will counter molecule harder.

CYBER
01-05-2013, 02:11 PM
It's a glitch and should be fixed, just because it's fine doesn't mean it's not a glitch. If my other changes are implemented shadow hunter will counter molecule harder.
the only way i can see a shadow countering a molecule with ur suggestion, is to put on ur 3 second invul, have it run recklessly towards the molecule who used its ulti, drop a couple wards, and keep running away before ur shield drops and the molecule pops u in the face. If the molecule bought a couple anti_wards, it can get out of it unscratched. point and simple.

The only way shadow will ever get an upper hand is with mobility, forcing the molecule to empty its clip at a moving invulnerable guy whereas the molecule will be fixed in place, and can be flanked specially if busy countering the wards...

but other than that, the hex is the only thing that can seriously put a molecule down.

Then again i might have a personal bias towards it, because my hex saved me a round on dust in the scrim when u rampaged my team with molecule in the tunnels, and i just ran around that corner with no wards left and popped a hex in ur face :smirk: i think that was the first time the "hex" glitch was truely discovered by most, specially aco who went "wtf? we cant afford laces, how did u shoot though spasm's shield!?"

maynard
01-05-2013, 02:17 PM
i think that was the first time the "hex" glitch was truely discovered by most,

how is it a glitch?

CYBER
01-05-2013, 02:32 PM
how is it a glitch?
refer to spasm's first post directed to zero on the last page.

Hex says that it has a chance to evade SKILLS. Shooting through a molecule ULTIMATE shield doesn't fit the criteria, and apparently it wasnt like this back in the day (I cant remember this "glitch" myself to be honest)

What
01-05-2013, 03:20 PM
refer to spasm's first post directed to zero on the last page.

Hex says that it has a chance to evade SKILLS. Shooting through a molecule ULTIMATE shield doesn't fit the criteria, and apparently it wasnt like this back in the day (I cant remember this "glitch" myself to be honest)

I've never seen that happen, only if you gave a lace and then use your voodoo have i seen a shadow hunter shoot through the molecule's shield, though maybe the hex goes into overdrive when voodoo is on?

CYBER
01-05-2013, 05:12 PM
I've never seen that happen, only if you gave a lace and then use your voodoo have i seen a shadow hunter shoot through the molecule's shield, though maybe the hex goes into overdrive when voodoo is on?i've seen it happen with me all the time, especially since shadow hunter is a last-resort race for me when i can barely afford a gun and i cant buy a lace to stop the vagas...

Spasm
01-05-2013, 07:18 PM
hex will allow for bullets to go through bubble anytime, it has nothing to do with lace or if voodoo is being used.
also to add that if hex is designed to be that way then the description of hex should reflect that.

What
01-05-2013, 07:37 PM
hex will allow for bullets to go through bubble anytime, it has nothing to do with lace or if voodoo is being used.
also to add that if hex is designed to be that way then the description of hex should reflect that.

ok, but it does work 100% with a lace and voodoo on, at least I've never had a problem doing that when shooting a molecule.

Spasm
01-05-2013, 07:39 PM
I think it's 50% just like the description, I am assuming it's hex that's allowing the damage, just because I have done it without lace and voodoo on.

CYBER
01-07-2013, 03:09 PM
I think it's 50% just like the description, I am assuming it's hex that's allowing the damage, just because I have done it without lace and voodoo on.

tested that with brett.
without a lace, a maxxed shadow hunter had about 50% chance to proc hex, allowing him to shoot through the molecule shield without a lace AND without having their ultimate activated.

Passarelli
10-11-2013, 04:47 AM
Does Hex actually allow shadow hunter to avoid other skills such as Bash, Lightning, Critical Grenade, or Locust Swarm? I've never noticed it, and I can't remember ever evading things like Locust Swarm. I always get dinged and then heal up. From my play experience, the only useful thing for Hex is to counter molecules, and with the 33% dodge chance on top of Hex only having a 50% proc rate, I've emptied large clips into molecules and not killed them. I've noticed it doesn't apply to wards hitting them either while bubbled (though I think it used to). I'd also really like to test shadow hunter v shadow hunter and see if you can shoot through their ultimate sans lace, as I can not remember ever having this happen either.

By the way, if anyone is interested, a shadow hunter has a .385% chance to hit a molecule inside his bubble. This is not high at all IMO, even though I'm fairly sure it is supposed to hard counter molecule. Especially if Hex is not working against other abilities.

acolyte_to_jippity
10-11-2013, 07:49 AM
By the way, if anyone is interested, a shadow hunter has a .385% chance to hit a molecule inside his bubble. This is not high at all IMO, even though I'm fairly sure it is supposed to hard counter molecule.

nothing should be able to pen a molecule shield or shadow hunter invuln. nothing could pre-OB. nothing should now. shadow hunter is not a "hard counter" to anything. it is a very strong class that can fuck up many other classes if played right. the entire point of the class is to give newer players a chance against higher-level classes. this does not mean 100% enemy classes, but rather being strong enough to stand toe to toe.

Passarelli
10-11-2013, 11:38 AM
nothing should be able to pen a molecule shield or shadow hunter invuln. nothing could pre-OB. nothing should now. shadow hunter is not a "hard counter" to anything. it is a very strong class that can fuck up many other classes if played right. the entire point of the class is to give newer players a chance against higher-level classes. this does not mean 100% enemy classes, but rather being strong enough to stand toe to toe.

{
}
else
{
}
}[/CODE]

The way the code is set up, it is working correctly. This is not pre-OB. I'm sure Zero has a good reason for keeping that else statement in there. Without it, shadow hunter would not be hit by people with immunity. I'm sure he has a hook elsewhere that would not allow a SH to use the ultimate within 30 yards, as with other classes. My guess is balance. Shadow hunter is very powerful even with being able to be hit by people with laces. The class that gives newer people a chance against higher level classes would be human or night elf, IMO.

Passarelli
10-12-2013, 04:19 AM
By the way Zero, I have noticed that because shadowhunter heals the damage during their ultimate, a undead can reach absurd amounts of health by shooting them during the ultimate. I am not sure if you intended this. If not, using a similar line of code to the line for helm to simply reduce all damage by 100% would stop this from happening.

CYBER
10-12-2013, 05:55 AM
By the way Zero, I have noticed that because shadowhunter heals the damage during their ultimate, a undead can reach absurd amounts of health by shooting them during the ultimate. I am not sure if you intended this. If not, using a similar line of code to the line for helm to simply reduce all damage by 100% would stop this from happening.

hahahah... nothing is more hilarious than watching a shadow hunter round a corner and bump into an undead/santa/jack that doesnt have a lace, drop wards, activate invul, and shoot them crazy... and they just keep shooting back, rehealing allllllllllllllll the ward/bullet damage AND THEN SOME...

done it a few times myself... i actually like it the way it is... allows the life leeching races to counter a shadow SLIGHTLY if they are good players that can aim for shit... u know... assuming u didnt have the bucks for a lace and antiwards:P

Passarelli
10-12-2013, 11:30 AM
Yeah, the main thing is when there are several people on the other team and the undead is just out of range of wards and the shadow hunter starts with the other people. The undead ends up having 400+ health. I've seen it go as high as 600 hp.

What
10-12-2013, 01:12 PM
lulz The only problem with changing it is that currently because the shadow hunter can be hit, he can still be bashed, banished, etc. Which helps the people shooting him at least confuse the shadow hunter. If Zero changes it to where the hits don't register, like with the molecule bubble, that would in turn make shadow hunter a lot stronger imo.

Passarelli
10-12-2013, 01:33 PM
The hits would still register, as they do with the helm, they just wouldn't deal damage, I believe. I haven't programmed in the language used, but I'm sure zero knows. I'm just not sure if it is a bug or if it is intended.

What
10-12-2013, 01:50 PM
Its not a bug, the damage is recorded, but discounted from actually happening. That is why you can do like 1100 damage to a shadow hunter, but 0 to a molecule. Its a different system of registration.

Passarelli
10-12-2013, 02:15 PM
True, but Zero also remade how vamparic works, so someone can go above their max HP. That is why it could be considered a bug (unintended). It all depends on if he intended for this to happen or not when he remade vamparic. I wasn't complaining really, simply bringing it to his attention as I was not sure if he intended that to happen or not.

Passarelli
10-13-2013, 02:31 PM
Zero, I just ran some tests with Shadow Hunter. Hex does not seem to be able to evade any ultimates at all, other then shooting through molecule's shield. However, it is working with player abilities. When testing with wolf, it was very spiky. He was undead so vamparic (which hits every time). I'd ult so he'd heal himself. The first 3 times, he would shoot 29 shots into me and not proc any. Then, on the 4th attempt, he proced 17/29 shots (which is about what it should be). When he was human, out of 30 rounds, 1 bash proced (we switched to undead after so the tests were more reliable). The random number generator seems to be wonky, at least on the test server.

I know random number generators are not perfect, but the tests we ran were absurdly spiky. No wonder I can't kill what when he is bubbled as Molecule.

What
10-13-2013, 02:37 PM
A percentage chance never means something must happen a certain amount of times. Ideally it won't ever be consistent it will always vary.

Passarelli
10-14-2013, 03:02 AM
We ran close to 500 shots, with a 60% chance of vamp aura, and hex having a 50% chance of blocking, it should be a 30% chance of hitting with vamp aura. We had 5 or 6 29+ streams of shots not proc at all. The odds of this happening 1 time is
.3 ^ 29 = 0.00000000000000068630377364883
or 0.000000000000068630377364883%. Considering this happened multiple times it is a fairly good sign of something wonky going on. I know non quantum CPUs don't really have randomization, but that is still pretty low odds, and the fact we did it multiple times means it likely wasn't a false positive.

My math skills for probabilities is a little rough, haven't used the math in years, but I'm pretty sure I got it right XD

What
10-14-2013, 10:48 AM
I'm not certain you know how percentages work.

If you flip a coin, you have a 50% chance of heads or tails. That does not mean if you flip it twice you are guaranteed to get 1 head and 1 tails. Each outcome has a 50% chance of happening, it happens in a vacuum, you can't add up all the chances and assume it should equal the percentage. It could equal out to the percentage, but it may very well be higher or lower than the assumed percentage.

maynard
10-14-2013, 11:19 AM

it's actually not 50/50, it's closer to 51/49...

acolyte_to_jippity
10-14-2013, 12:52 PM
it's actually not 50/50, it's closer to 51/49...

depends on the coin. Quarters, yes (since they're two different metals combined, one half weights SLIGHTLY more which skews probability by a fraction.) dimes, no.

maynard
10-14-2013, 01:21 PM
it's not just about weight, stains can also effect the outcome like dried coffee, more finger grease on one side than the other.... there's really a lot of variables...

a coin is closer to 51% chance to re-land on the same face that it started out on.... dimes are not excluded.

fun fact, the U.S. Lincoln penny (the one with the memorial on the back) will land tails side up roughly 80% of the time.... provided it's a newer one that's not all dirty from use.

Passarelli
10-14-2013, 02:24 PM

If you flip a coin, you have a 50% chance of heads or tails. That does not mean if you flip it twice you are guaranteed to get 1 head and 1 tails. Each outcome has a 50% chance of happening, it happens in a vacuum, you can't add up all the chances and assume it should equal the percentage. It could equal out to the percentage, but it may very well be higher or lower than the assumed percentage.

What, I'm guessing you have never done much in probabilities.

The probabilities of two sequential events having the desired outcome is the product of those events (you can also look at this as the odds of predicting said events prior to the first flip). Since these events have the same probabilities, the forumla was

T(P) = P^n

T(P) output is the total probabitity of P
P is the probability of one event
N is the number of times this event repeated.

So for your Coin flips, if you flip the coin 10 times and it came up heads each time, it would be:
T(P) = .5^10 = 0.0009765625 Which is .0977% or 1 out of 1024

If you did this 29 times it would be

.5^29 = 0.00000000186264514923095703125 or 0.000000186% or 1 out of 536870912.

EDIT: Clarified language

Passarelli
10-15-2013, 02:04 AM
While I was at work, I figured out my original number was wrong, as I was doing the probability of vamparic procing through hex, then used it in the formula to show how rare of an occurrence it should be to not hit 29 times in a row.

It should be .7 instead of .3, so it becomes:

.7^29 = 0.00003219905755813179726837607 or
.00322% Much better odds of it happening, but still enormously small. As I said, the fact that this happened several times during our testing shows something strange is going on.

CYBER
02-09-2014, 06:36 PM
Zero? Any chance you can send me a pastebin of the shadow Hunter code, perhaps commenting the section specific to HEX?

I'd like to take a look at how the hex works because Wolf and I noticed some internal cool down and fun facts about hex,

and I want to confirm that inconsistency we are seeing in a case without troubling you to do it:)

If you don't wanna post it publicly to preserve the code, can you send it by pm like last time you did? When we trying to fix the shadow void's changerace lace glitch? :)

kionay
02-10-2014, 04:33 PM
what i wouldn't give to be able to try to debug the code for these problems

gah i hate not knowing >_<

i guess we're all forced to play the flawless races from now on /s

ZERO
10-19-2014, 07:44 PM
From scratch reprogramming work started

ZERO
10-19-2014, 07:54 PM
Note that Hex will be fixed so that it will no longer be a joke ability that does nothing. (yes this ability basically does nothing right now)

It will be restored to the original version: "Destroy boots of speed and slowdown enemy for 2-6sec by 25-45%, 30% chance"

ZERO
10-19-2014, 08:16 PM
Note that the cap on healing wave shall be removed and that you and your team mates will just keep gaining health with no direct max limit.

ZERO
10-19-2014, 09:04 PM
Reprogrammed version is 50% complete expect to have ready for release testing tomorrow night.

Passarelli
10-19-2014, 09:08 PM
Zero, so you know Hex does work in its present form (although it doesn't make much sense how it works), and if you remove it from shadow hunter, I hope you will give it to whatever new race you are making. It is a great ability, it just needs to either show when it is active or not, or the timer needs to be put down to a .5 second thing or something.

ZERO
10-20-2014, 12:41 AM
Hex currently claims that it helps you against abilities but in reality it does literally nothing. As in when you level that ability you are not immune to anything.

It will now work like how it did in the original WCS "Destroy boots of speed and slowdown enemy for 2-6sec by 25-45%, 30% chance"

Put another way Hex is now being fixed to actually be an ability that does something other than just take up 5 upgrade points. I think everyone is going to get the idea that this race is about to become a lot better and more powerful after this next update.

ZERO
10-20-2014, 02:45 AM
All abilities and effects from the existing race have now been reprogrammed from scratch. Please test and confirm that everything is working as it should. This race is considered to be in FINAL RELEASE TESTING!

Passarelli
10-20-2014, 04:38 AM
Zero, I had tested it extensively when I was trying to figure out why it didn't seem to work 50% of the time. I had posted several times as to how it worked. It might not do anything while it is leveling but at max level it definitely does something. I mean, otherwise how would it shoot through molecule's shield?

ZERO
10-20-2014, 11:41 AM
Wow your right that is actually the only fucking race that the ability actually worked with... :banghead:

I will figure something out to deal with that. Maybe give lace users a % chance to break the shield or have this reimplemented correctly on a different race (implementing it correctly requires all races to be reprogrammed first).

In theory this ability is better served in the planned Kakashi race. (which requires massive reprogramming anyways)

But I can say that an ability that is hit based on a decent % chance that woks on all opponents is much more useful than an ability that might penetrate the shield of a single player.

Passarelli
10-20-2014, 04:14 PM
Zero, it works against any race's regular abilities such as bash, vamparic aura, and jack shit. It is just that how it currently works is there is a timer or something that runs for a while then cuts out. Read page 13 or talk to Cyber for more info. I know for a fact that it is currently working because of testing previously done with Wolfenstinger. Sometimes he would shoot me 29 times and vamparic would proc 17ish times (which is about 60% proc) and other times there would be 0 out of 29 procs. This is the same thing that happens with molecule. Either every shot goes through the bubble or no shots go through. The code that prevents abilities from affecting the Shadow Hunter is correct, but the code the decides when the Shadow Hunter is immune is what is wonky. I hope that helps with your reprogram of the ability for Kakshi (if you decide it belongs there). I'll be sad to see hex gone from the Shadow Hunter toolkit--especially since there won't be a hard counter for Molecules and running around with the ultimate and not getting perma bashed is awesome--but the slow looks pretty nice too.

If you want to see any of it first hand, I'd love to show you even though this computer sucks.

CYBER
10-20-2014, 04:16 PM
Before anything zero, let me remind u that hex DOES work. It's just stupid and inconsistent lol. The proof is in the undead rework thread when wolf and I did some testing.

Onto the important shit... That hex changing...

I'm one of those people strongly opposed to having a % chance to shoot through a molecule shield using a lace. I'LL ONLY be willing to accept such thing if it is for this race only.
Don't take me wrong, molecule is a strong niche pick but if the shield is unreliable, it would make or break the race.

Unless a molecule knows that there's a shadow Hunter in game, I don't want any other race just casually shooting through my shield because RNG said so..

What hex should be :
I really want shadow hunter to be the low level goto race to counter some if the strong ones like molecule. And i don't see that slow % hex fitting into the tank machine beast. U already get slows from ur Wards..

What I wish hex did was to proc a % chance to passively disable on hit effects on shadow hunter AND/or have an on hit minimal % chance to vanillarize (turn into normal skilless race) any enemy for 1 second (disable invisibility, dodging, bash, speed, EVERYTHING for 1 second. With a 1 second internal cool down but still a VERY minimal proc %

If that feels like too much, then I can settle for it disabling that target of applying active on-hit pros such as leech or bash or crit etc..

Bottom line is... Shadow hunter is a low level soaking tank race... And hex should be part of that kit.

ZERO
10-20-2014, 04:51 PM
Ok here are some possible ways to improve hex (I can add hex support to the races that are missing it).

Rather than make it so you randomly get it at any time during a match (like how it is now). You would instead have a % chance to get it for X time when hit by an enemy. So you then know that it is activated and you have the ability for X time.

I could also keep the other version of Hex and add it as a new ability.

ZERO
10-20-2014, 04:55 PM
Also yes I have confirmed that the back end requirements are already implemented in my method standards.

ZERO
10-20-2014, 05:16 PM
Hex will have the new features and still allow you to avoid abilities.

ZERO
10-20-2014, 05:18 PM
Hex will trigger and work as well as it does now but instead of constantly being locked to 3-15 second intervals for the entire map it will change between 3-15 seconds randomly just like the heal wave.

ZERO
10-20-2014, 05:34 PM
OK the updated version of hex with the previous ability implemented at the same time is now out. So as you can see the hex ability is getting quite the boost in this update. Level cap changes may be made to this race as needed but we will see how it goes for now. I also might implement a cool down for the hit based side of the hex ability as well depending on how balance tests go.

Please report any bugs the race is on FINAL RELEASE STATUS unless major bugs or balance issues are found.

Passarelli
10-20-2014, 06:42 PM
So what does hex do now exactly? When you shoot someone you have a chance to gain the ability ignoring power and slow them? Or?

ZERO
10-20-2014, 06:44 PM
See updated description on first post.

Passarelli
10-20-2014, 07:09 PM
Holy buffnuggets batman! Shadow Hunter is going to be amazing now XD

ZERO
10-20-2014, 08:17 PM
That is why I said some balance tweaks might be needed b/c I do not want it to be OP but it should be a lot more powerful now.

CYBER
10-21-2014, 12:05 AM
That is why I said some balance tweaks might be needed b/c I do not want it to be OP but it should be a lot more powerful now.

Loving the new hex fix zero.
I didn't mind that the "slow" would be it's own 5/5 ability named "Murky Shades" or some dark themed shit.
This way the race won't exponentially grow too strong with each hex point.

In fact, having this race requiring more levels to max out will allow players to have a better time reaching some of the higher level races requirements to unlock. Which is a pain between lv 100 and 180.

Speaking of levels, you need to remember that this race is supposed to be a noob tube counter race for new players facing off higher level races, so you can't push the unlocking requirements too high. Maybe at lv 90 at most since most ppl will level up flame pred at lv 70 to at least lv 85 to start benefiting from that race.

Perhaps you should post a thread where the veteran players or clan or ula vote on a new rearrangement of the race unlocking order so that it makes a bit more sense.
For example rapscallion at 260 is too high for a weak race, same with piano or genocide.
While molecule, human, and spiderman can be pushed up a good 20-50 levels easy.

ZERO
10-21-2014, 12:11 AM
Level changing might be better handled after I finish the big reprogram as I plan to double all the levels per abilities for all races at that time and curve the xp on the upper end more. Given that would you all still like to have the new parts of the ability split off onto its own ability slot?

ZERO
10-21-2014, 05:18 PM
I have made a new ability for the race. Your points that are in the ult will go into it by default unless you reset your race.

ZERO
10-27-2014, 08:39 PM

Initial Release of reprogrammed version

ZERO
11-03-2014, 08:48 PM

Patched wards so they can not drop after round end.
Increased max timer length chance from 15 to 25.

ZERO
12-03-2014, 12:33 AM

Max health gain is now actually limited to 400hp

Devilbear
01-01-2015, 05:30 PM
Currently it seems you can't damage a shadow hunter when he has his ultimate on, like you could before with a lace. Not sure if this happens all the time, but I noticed it at least 4 or 5 times. I'm 100% sure I hit him and checked console but had no hits registered. Is this intentional or a bug?

Passarelli
01-01-2015, 05:36 PM
Is there a alchemist camping with them? The anti-items ward might be causing this issue, though you should be seeing messages for that.

Devilbear
01-02-2015, 06:42 PM
No alchemists. I have done like 15k xp on shadow hunter since I noticed this, and I'm 90% sure I haven't been taking damage while the ultimate was up and getting shot at. Just wanna know if this is intentional.

ZERO
01-03-2015, 02:50 PM
Currently yes, once the ability is cast it is not possible to stop it.

Passarelli
01-03-2015, 06:45 PM
So it's like a molecule that can move? Will hex from an opposing shadow hunter shoot through it, like a molecule shield? Or does hex no longer do that against molecule now?

Passarelli
01-03-2015, 08:03 PM
Zero, after playing office, this really does need changed. Shadow Hunter was already great on maps like this, and now they are completely unstoppable. Go into office when it's 5v5 and test out this race.

What
01-03-2015, 08:59 PM
shadow hunter can be invincible, but vaga cant no-scope anymore, sounds like some great choices there

Passarelli
01-03-2015, 09:50 PM
Vaga can noscope still, albeit it is harder. Shadow Hunter not being counterable is just a bit ludicrous though.

CYBER
01-03-2015, 10:24 PM
I do have to a that the over-leech cap being lifted to 400+ makes this even more harder to kill.

Before, I was an advocate of an invulnerabily that doesn't get shot through like butter but can be disabled from Activating to begin with. But having that AND the overhead...
Zero u have to pick. Either u can shoot through its ult with a lace and hex but allow it to overheal, or ONLY AN OTHER SHADOW HEX can't pierce through it while removing overhealing for shadow Hunters.

Right now I'm hearing negative feedback on this race all over. Also, What's comment is spot on.
:)

Passarelli
01-03-2015, 10:34 PM
Overheal isn't as absurd as the invulnerable ult. At least with molecule they can't move and you can just hide till it is over. Even without the overheal, it will be absurd on maps like office.

ZERO
01-12-2015, 11:40 PM

Lace has a 50% chance per shot to deal dmg even when ult is activated