ZERO
12-13-2010, 09:38 PM
Succubus Hunter
Required Level: 80
Levels per ability: 6
Allowed per Team: 3
Item Restrictions: NONE
6934Daemonic Knife: Do 50-90% extra damage with knife
6936Head Hunter: 30% chance to do 20-40% more damage, gain extra 5-20 XPand less time to collect a SKULL
6937Totem Incantation: You gain 2-4HP for each skull and $5-20
Assault Tackle: Makes you jump longer (50% further with knife, and more based on skulls)
6935Daemonic Transformation: Get 22-70% invis, 20-50% lower gravity and 20-50 HP. Costs 3 SKULLs.

http://www.ibisgaming.com/wcs_stats/player.php?id=11886

Initial Release

Fixed chat messages to output correct data

Limited to 3 per team

Released patch to prevent ultimate abilities from working on your next race if you change races after using it.

Updated descriptions

Patched some errors in chat output data

Improved performance of hit based abilities
Improved filtering to prevent ability dmg stacking

Confirmed CODE is 100% same as 1.0.6

Changed long jump to be correct values

Reprogramed long jump effect to work without producing errors!

Initial Release of reprogrammed version

ZERO
12-15-2010, 12:25 AM
Chat messages to client do not display all data they should.

ZERO
12-15-2010, 12:34 AM

Fixed chat messages to output correct data

acolyte_to_jippity
12-15-2010, 05:18 PM
bump assault tackle's magnitude up a bit (more powerful)

bring back the random-skulls (not just on kills, but also on hits at random)

ZERO
12-15-2010, 05:21 PM
The skulls are only supposed to appear when you get a skull... do any show up on kills at all right now?

acolyte_to_jippity
12-15-2010, 06:04 PM
The skulls are only supposed to appear when you get a skull... do any show up on kills at all right now?

ok, now when you kill someone w/ it you get a skull.

before, there was a random chance for a skull each time you hit them.

ZERO
12-15-2010, 08:05 PM
Yea, b/c before I think you got a skull randomly instead of by kill or something waky.

acolyte_to_jippity
12-15-2010, 08:13 PM
Yea, b/c before I think you got a skull randomly instead of by kill or something waky.

all i know is that it was nice, getting them like that. you could still be a contender even if you weren't killing people just by damageing them.

ZERO
12-15-2010, 10:03 PM
As they are the exact same gibs that the gore mod makes they do actually produce lag for some clients with bad computers just like when enabled in the gore mod. As a result keeping them to a minimum is recommended in order to prevent choppy gameplay for some users.

acolyte_to_jippity
12-15-2010, 10:19 PM
As they are the exact same gibs that the gore mod makes they do actually produce lag for some clients with bad computers just like when enabled in the gore mod. As a result keeping them to a minimum is recommended in order to prevent choppy gameplay for some users.

o.O oh, you were talking about physical skulls. i was just talking about the electronic ones that we burn for the ult. those used to fill up faster.

ZERO
12-15-2010, 10:25 PM
Yea that is becuase before this race got them randomly vs requiring an actual kill. This is a balancing change to make leveling this race harder as it was previously the easiest race to max out. This is one of the few cases where a race is being balanced from launch. Some of the other undeveloped races may also incur changes as needed in order to work out balancing problems that were never addressed prior. However I think it is important to note that this is a minor balance change when you consider this race overall compared to the others, even the ones that have not been released yet.

ZERO
12-21-2010, 06:00 PM

Limited to 3 per team

Masskid
01-03-2011, 11:00 PM
If you use the ultimate then die, then switch to another race you keep the gravity of the succubus ultimate :\

ZERO
01-04-2011, 11:41 AM

Released patch to prevent ultimate abilities from working on your next race if you change races after using it.

ZERO
01-08-2011, 04:22 AM

Updated descriptions

ZERO
01-20-2011, 10:11 PM

Patched some errors in chat output data

ZERO
04-08-2011, 05:57 PM

Improved performance of hit based abilities
Improved filtering to prevent ability dmg stacking

ZERO
03-20-2012, 02:42 AM

Confirmed CODE is 100% same as 1.0.6

HypeRNT
03-20-2012, 04:18 AM
any chance to increase the max lvls for this race? Its a very fun race to play, just wish it went higher then 16 lvls:icon_mrgreen:.

acolyte_to_jippity
03-20-2012, 11:10 AM
any chance to increase the max lvls for this race? Its a very fun race to play, just wish it went higher then 16 lvls:icon_mrgreen:.

ummm, no? why do you need higher levels on it? just play it.

ZERO
06-26-2012, 11:16 PM
Changed long jump to be correct values

ZERO
06-29-2012, 12:49 PM

Reprogramed long jump effect to work without producing errors!

Xerenix
11-04-2012, 11:29 AM
Is it possible to make this race a little bit faster with it's longjump? As it is now, it's very slow and without low gravity, it's inferior to simply running.

ZERO
11-04-2012, 03:56 PM
I do agree that the long jump for this race was intended to be functunally more powerful than it is. Small balance changes such as this will be preformed durring the big reprograming of each race.

CYBER
11-05-2012, 06:22 AM
I do agree that the long jump for this race was intended to be functunally more powerful than it is. Small balance changes such as this will be preformed durring the big reprograming of each race.
thanks, the longjump on this race should be just slightly less than that of jack's.
jack has many kickass abilities, this race used to be a fun race to play, specially for those of us who are maxxed bcos it collects xp...but ever since the update i only play that race when im owning against new players that dont want me race-whoring.

acolyte_to_jippity
11-05-2012, 11:48 AM
it's supposed to be substantially less powerful than jack's...succubus was always the weakest long-jumper of them, outside of chameleon's occasional luck-based thing.

Xerenix
11-05-2012, 12:33 PM
it's supposed to be substantially less powerful than jack's...succubus was always the weakest long-jumper of them, outside of chameleon's occasional luck-based thing.

This. Jack and Spider-man have speed with their longjump while Succubus hunter had range. It was slower but could jump farther with each jump compared to the other races. It only needs to have it's speed increased a bit for how it is now.

CYBER
11-05-2012, 12:46 PM
This. Jack and Spider-man have speed with their longjump while Succubus hunter had range. It was slower but could jump farther with each jump compared to the other races. It only needs to have it's speed increased a bit for how it is now.in that case wouldnt it be better if it has a slight (an i mean MINIMAL) increase in speed boost along with a slight gravity change (like built in socks) for it to have longer jumps but slower movement than jack?

Xerenix
11-05-2012, 12:51 PM
in that case wouldnt it be better if it has a slight (an i mean MINIMAL) increase in speed boost along with a slight gravity change (like built in socks) for it to have longer jumps but slower movement than jack?

Gravity is fine as it is now and with the ultimate, you gain lower gravity equal to the socks item and yes, it only needs a minimal speed increase which is why in my previous post i said "Increase it a bit" :)

Erdenay
11-05-2012, 01:35 PM
To be fair, you can still do it faster than running - but it's nowhere near as good as it used to be and it's frustrating. It's still an extremely fun race (and one of my personal favs), but a small boost could do wonders for it...

CYBER
10-25-2013, 12:59 AM
Zero, Can we have a SLIGHT longjump boost on this race? ( hell keep same grav, just faster motion jumping motion overall per skullcollected for example?).

I remember a time where succubus hunter was actually FUN to play, and quite the late-bloomer race in a game with decent mobility.

currently, bhopping on this race is DOABLE, but very counter intuitive and feels clunky and and slower than if i just bought boots and ran...

spidey is super powerful as it is, jack is one of the most op races in the game, and they BOTH have MUCH MUCH faster/longer longjumps...
and succubus only shines after capping the skulls, with a full set of items, without any abilities injected into shooting (again, using succubus as a knife only race is not simple because it's slow as fuck compared to other knife races)

I'd love to play this race, but most of the time, when fast gameplay is needed, you almost never see someone on this race, when they can be whoring jack and spidey...

- - - Updated - - -

OH AND... BRING BACK THE DAMN TRAIL, but only if increased its speed :P

What
10-25-2013, 01:01 AM
Fuck that! Succubus is already pretty fucken powerful if you know how to play it right, boosting its speed even more is completely unnecessary. Especially since it already can bhop at an increased speed, there is no reason to crank it up even more.

acolyte_to_jippity
10-25-2013, 01:07 AM
succubus needs a bit of a buff on its long jump. not much, but some. compared to pre-ob, the race is WAY too sluggish. its not supposed to be jack/spiderman levels, but it does need more than it has currently.

before OB update, i feel like succubus had a very slight low-grav. it smoothed its jumps slightly. they went a bit farther, and were easier to chain (NOT bhop. chain.) they might have also been slightly faster as well (through the air)

and we need the trails back.

Wolfenstinger
10-25-2013, 01:11 AM
Currently - my only complaint is that it's trail is no longer live, as I missed that. As for the LJ speed, it is SLOWER than all the other LJ races. Spider-man being the fastest, Jack as 2nd fastest. Chameleon is even faster than Succubus Hunter, which is depressingly true.

Overall - give succubus trail back! idgaf bout it's speed. LJ speeds were nerfed when we switched to 66tick if I recall?

CYBER
10-25-2013, 01:11 AM
succubus needs a bit of a buff on its long jump. not much, but some. compared to pre-ob, the race is WAY too sluggish. its not supposed to be jack/spiderman levels, but it does need more than it has currently.
THIS is what i mean WHAT.
im not talking about a HUGE increase in speed, hell, it MUST be slower than the other 2 races...
but it feels sluggish to bhop with it... DOABLE but sluggish, just feels unnatural and that's all im asking to be fixed.
dont want it uber buffed, just fixed to what it used to be: a decent LONG jumper, not as FAST as spidey and jack, but quite LONG coverage at slower speeds...

side suggestion if you guys dont want to buff the race's jump on a wholescale:
zero could make it so that the longjump DISTANCE is affected by the skulls u have? might be an interesting mechanic, and certainly wouldnt remove the "you need to be skilled at shooting and moving and playing to get this race stronger, nub!"

acolyte_to_jippity
10-25-2013, 01:12 AM
Currently - my only complaint is that it's trail is no longer live, as I missed that. As for the LJ speed, it is SLOWER than all the other LJ races. Spider-man being the fastest, Jack as 2nd fastest. Chameleon is even faster than Succubus Hunter, which is depressingly true.

Overall - give succubus trail back! idgaf bout it's speed. LJ speeds were nerfed when we switched to 66tick if I recall?

its not supposed to be this slow.

What
10-25-2013, 01:37 AM
Say what you mean, and mean what you say.

Passarelli
10-25-2013, 01:43 AM

An elephant's faithful, one hundred per cent!

acolyte_to_jippity
10-25-2013, 02:05 AM

not entirely sure what you mean. are you saying that i don't actually mean what i'm saying in this thread? remind me when you started playing on ibis WCS again? i don't seem to remember you being here pre-OB update. i'm telling you that the succubus hunter was much different back then.

What
10-25-2013, 02:15 AM
not entirely sure what you mean. are you saying that i don't actually mean what i'm saying in this thread? remind me when you started playing on ibis WCS again? i don't seem to remember you being here pre-OB update. i'm telling you that the succubus hunter was much different back then.

I was clearly talking to you, well done.

Jeez why does Mikey keep talking directly at me?

acolyte_to_jippity
10-25-2013, 11:42 AM
I was clearly talking to you, well done.

Jeez why does Mikey keep talking directly at me?

considering how you posted that after my post, and you didn't quote anyone, the options were that you were just making a useless rhetorical statement or directing it at the last person to post.

i gave you the benefit of the doubt, and assumed you were NOT just a useless cunt spouting random shit. i recognize my mistake and apologize.

What
10-25-2013, 12:15 PM
Read what Cyber wrote, I know that takes 4 seconds of actual thought but you might be able to pull it off.

Xerenix
10-27-2013, 02:39 PM
The Pre-OB update speed was the same as if you buy boots of speed with the current one.

I miss whoring Succubus hunter as it was my favorite race before the update.

ZERO
10-29-2013, 02:44 AM
Balance changes will be made when it gets reprogrammed. All the races are going to get reprogrammed but with me moving it is going to take some time with all the packing and shit now. Luckily now that the servers are upgraded that is less issues for me to deal with so it should free up more time for programing. :wtg:

CYBER
05-12-2014, 12:01 AM
Just a friendly reminder for when this race ever gets reprogrammed...

As I currently see it?
Spiderman should have Succubus's current bhop.
Jack should have spiderman's current bhop, maybe with like a 5% distance reduction.
And Succubus should GO BACK TO ITS FUCKING GLORY DAYS of the jack-like bhop with higher/longer jumps...

I really miss when succubus hunter was the go to "pro" race, rewarded for getting kills, rewarded for being the best.
But the race is underwhelming now, underrated for sure and still packs a punch, but not as good as it once was...

I'm willing to suggest adding that jack-like + high/distance jump to succubus that it used to have before, and in exchance, tweak it so it's no longer a "just keep getting 1 kill every now and then and wait for its late game..." or as i2o4 used to play it "I'ma stay on this race when there isnt many people in the server so that when people join, i'd have max skulls all game".

I strongly think that this movement buff suggestion can be compensated by making it so that you lose skulls at a round-rate.
The more skulls is you have, the faster u lose them.
For example, start out with losing a skull once per 5 rounds, then at 10 skulls you lose one skull per 3 rounds, at 20 skulls you lose once skull per 2 rounds, and at max skulls, you will lose a skull once a round,

i.e you can't stay maxed forever unless you keep your killing streak...instead of the currently INSANELY SLOW pace that this race has compared to all other races.
The fact is, this race is NOT USED as a KNIFING race, although its kit suggest otherwise... and the problem is MAINLY its movement... perhaps with a loooooongjump buff, it can be used more with a knife assassinating people, than as a camping TANK gun race.

ZERO
10-22-2014, 06:47 PM
I will code it first and make the balance changes once the abilities are all in order. I will be making buffs to this race for its release.

Passarelli
10-22-2014, 07:55 PM
Cyber, it is a COUNTER to knife races. I agree the longjump needs improved, but it should not jump higher. It should be about where jack is at the moment. If you want low grav, you can use the ultimate.

Zero, would it be possible to let it have improved cloak when holding a knife when the ultimate has been used? Similar to what it is like with cloak + ultimate (since they currently stack). That would help bring the knife into it's own for this race--especially with a better longjump.

ZERO
10-22-2014, 09:14 PM
I could even very the long jump based on if the user currently has the knife our or not.

Passarelli
10-23-2014, 11:10 AM
That'd be awesome. Like Jack longjump normally and spiderman with a knife. Hit q mid jump to fuck with people trying to predict where you'll be.

ZERO
10-23-2014, 08:14 PM
Currently other than using your ult heads do not effect long jump in any way. I think one key will be to change that as well.

CYBER
10-23-2014, 11:39 PM
I could even very the long jump based on if the user currently has the knife our or not.

i love this.
I would totally love to play this as a "knife in / knife out" race.

gun mode? current bhop jump height, speed and range.
knife mode out? double up (or +50%) jump height speed and range.
could make interesting mechanics between needing mobility with knife out, or having to battle ranged with gun out.

Passarelli
10-24-2014, 10:24 PM
Cyber, adding height to the jump is a bad idea. It already gets low grav from the ult and adding low grav to a longjump typically makes it easier to hit (because you have more time to figure out where they will land). Simply adding distance to make it's jump like jack or spiderman to increase it's mobility will help it plenty.

CYBER
10-25-2014, 02:12 AM
Cyber, adding height to the jump is a bad idea. It already gets low grav from the ult and adding low grav to a longjump typically makes it easier to hit (because you have more time to figure out where they will land). Simply adding distance to make it's jump like jack or spiderman to increase it's mobility will help it plenty.

what i meant is a longer bhop (longjump) range.
obvious a ranged fast jump at current heigh is better than a rapscallion-like jump... but i'll take anything for this damn race now.

im still for zero's knife in and knife out thing. i just think that knife mod COULD have a higher jump, just to be able to pull the ol' "right above u" jump out of their screen view.

Passarelli
10-25-2014, 09:22 PM
Adding low grav when they have their knife out would be even worse due to how knife range works.

Passarelli
10-25-2014, 09:46 PM
Not only that, but that is what socks are for.

ZERO
10-26-2014, 01:10 PM
Ok, here is the plan for skull collection. I am thinking of making it easier to collect skulls faster but harder to actually collect them!

The idea is that skulls will drop from all kills your team makes at the location of that users death. You then need to actually go over and collect the skull to get it. You will level how long the skull will stay there. The only event that can cause a skull to go away before it should would be the same user getting killed a second time in the same round before his skull has been collected. (should not occur often)

To make things cleaner I can design it so that the skulls are only shown to the Succubus Hunter. This way users who are not this race and new users are not confused by what the effect is for.

ZERO
10-26-2014, 01:16 PM
Note that making the skull drops work like that will also reward using the knife as you will be right there. I might lower how many skulls you can have at one time and make it so that if you pickup a skull over the limit it will automatically trigger the ult and consume the extra skull. I may require you to press an ability button to actually collect the skulls.

ZERO
10-26-2014, 05:04 PM
reprogramming started

ZERO
10-26-2014, 05:09 PM
Races with code like this one is why I got to have them all reprogrammed from scratch... :banghead:

Taking hard coded abilities and values to the next level!

new dmg = dmgamount;
if(skill_dmg == 1)
{
dmg = RoundToFloor(dmg * 0.5);
}
if(skill_dmg == 2)
{
dmg = RoundToFloor(dmg * 0.75);
}
if(skill_dmg == 3)
{
dmg = RoundToFloor(dmg * 0.9);
}

My eyes they bleed!

ZERO
10-26-2014, 06:35 PM
I need a cool skull image to use as the sprite to hover above dead players for this race to see.

ZERO
10-26-2014, 06:55 PM
I decided to make it so all players will see the skull icon once I figure out what to use for it.

ZERO
10-26-2014, 10:02 PM
Race is now on server for testing.

ZERO
10-26-2014, 10:28 PM
Well looks like everything works.

THIS RACE IS IN FINAL RELEASE STATUS will release with the rest within 24 hours unless a major bug is found.

The effect for the skulls worked exactly like I wanted and I think that you all are REALLY going to like the changes to this race. Also the levels have been increased from 4 to 6 per ability.

Blackmage
10-27-2014, 01:15 AM
Notes on things you brought up:

Suicide ONLY drops a skull if there is a Suc on your own team. This is odd. Only enemies can grab it, and they are able to. Via kill command. Waiting for a map to try via map death.

Only enemies of the player killed can pick up the skulls. So you can't farm skulls from your own team.

In response to "The idea is that skulls will drop from all kills your team makes at the location of that users death. You then need to actually go over and collect the skull to get it. You will level how long the skull will stay there. The only event that can cause a skull to go away before it should would be the same user getting killed a second time in the same round before his skull has been collected. (should not occur often)"

Skulls despawn when the round is declared over, even if standing in the last player when he dies. If this is intended, ignore.

ZERO
10-27-2014, 04:33 AM
All that is intended, even the way that it works if a player kills themselves as there are some abilities that may knock a player in the air and they die from the fall ect. Any enemy who dies will leave a skull which you should be able to collect.

Blackmage
10-27-2014, 10:33 AM
I don't follow why that is intended, or perhaps I explained it wrong. Why is it required to have a Suc on your own team as well for a suicide skull to spawn?

If a player dies via suicide, the only way the skull will spawn is if there is a suc on both teams. If only the other team has a suc (the team that DIDN'T suicide) no skull will spawn.

ZERO
10-27-2014, 12:05 PM
Oh sorry, I get it. I got to fix that so it will generate correctly from that.

ZERO
10-27-2014, 12:09 PM
Fixed:

new team = GetClientTeam(attacker);
if(client == attacker)
{
InverseTeamValue(team);
}

ZERO
10-27-2014, 08:46 PM
Initial Release of reprogrammed version