PDA

View Full Version : Clarifinalizing Bannification

NLA
12-16-2010, 03:35 AM
When I come on and say to people, "I'll ban this guy for 5/20/60/120 mins, but more than that and I'd have to see it or have screenshots/demo", I'm just trying to be a careful banner. When I'm in one of the servers, and, for example, Hallwag's in there and says NESS BAN THIS GUY PLZ and then bitches when I ask if he sceenshot'd etc, and lets say for example Mikey is in there and says NESS GROW SOME BALLS AND BAN IF A REGULAR TELLS YOU SO, what you don't realize is that in private chat, for example, Hallwag is saying NESS GOD DAMNIT PERMABAN ALL THESE FAGGOTS, ALL OF THEM NESS, THEY ARE THE CANCER KILLING THIS SERVER AND YOU JUST NEED TO PERMBAN THEM .. and for that to happen, I want demos/screenshots etc for major bans. People want longer bans than the warning bans, even for warning-prone offenses.

IMO just train screenshot to a key and take a screenshot of the guy in the act of cade breaking or whatever.. screenshotting doesn't take 30 seconds..

I think that if I don't see cade breakings or serious stupid shit going on, anything beyond a 5/20/60/120 minute ban and I want a demo/screenshot to be a reasonable admin that doles out bans. People like Hallwag, for example, expect larger bans to clean up the server, and I totally get that and want that as being part of my job having admin, which was part of the inspiration for my earlier thread about the freezing.

Thoughts? :wtg:

hallwagner
12-16-2010, 03:39 AM
When I come on and say to people, "I'll ban this guy for 5/20/60/120 mins, but more than that and I'd have to see it or have screenshots/demo", I'm just trying to be a careful banner. When I'm in one of the servers, and, for example, Hallwag's in there and says NESS BAN THIS GUY PLZ and then bitches when I ask if he sceenshot'd etc, and lets say for example Mikey is in there and says NESS GROW SOME BALLS AND BAN IF A REGULAR TELLS YOU SO, what you don't realize is that in private chat, for example, Hallwag is saying NESS GOD DAMNIT PERMABAN ALL THESE FAGGOTS, ALL OF THEM NESS, THEY ARE THE CANCER KILLING THIS SERVER AND YOU JUST NEED TO PERMBAN THEM .. and for that to happen, I want demos/screenshots etc for major bans. People want longer bans than the warning bans, even for warning-prone offenses.

IMO just train screenshot to a key and take a screenshot of the guy in the act of cade breaking or whatever.. screenshotting doesn't take 30 seconds..

I think that if I don't see cade breakings or serious stupid shit going on, anything beyond a 5/20/60/120 minute ban and I want a demo/screenshot to be a reasonable admin that doles out bans. People like Hallwag, for example, expect larger bans to clean up the server, and I totally get that and want that as being part of my job having admin, which was part of the inspiration for my earlier thread about the freezing.

Thoughts? :wtg:

i never said permaban (if i did, i was joking). a one hour ban, or even mikeys suggestion of a 5 minute ban would definately suffice. we're not trying to get these people off the servers and never come back, we're trying to have them learn their lesson, come back, and obey all the rules. 2nd, 3rd offenses and so on should be dealt with accordingly, i.e. longer bans