Improved filtering to prevent ability dmg stacking

Patched to prevent ult dmg stack

Patched to correctly label ult Raidens_Rath

Patched to detect immunities before triggering skills

Confirmed CODE is 100% same as 1.0.6

Initial Release of reprogramed version

ZERO
12-29-2010, 05:21 PM
Test the abilities and let me know if everything is working alright. I can then start to modify it as needed to get it back to how the old one was. Note that the ultimate uses ability and not ultimate right now.

CYBER
12-29-2010, 09:11 PM
Test the abilities and let me know if everything is working alright. I can then start to modify it as needed to get it back to how the old one was. Note that the ultimate uses ability and not ultimate right now.

hey zero
can u do me a favor and reset my level bank? just emptied the whole thing on the previous classes trying to get to the new races.

also the wards for both stryder and this are created fine, but there was no one to test against for damage degree:P

acolyte_to_jippity
12-29-2010, 09:41 PM
up levelbank to like, 400 or so.

CYBER
12-29-2010, 10:42 PM
up levelbank to like, 400 or so.

heck make it a 1000 ! lol... honestly its a tester server, its not like anyone is getting anything from it other than testing the classes at full capacities?

bloodwolfe
12-30-2010, 12:23 AM
Raiden
Required Level: 120
Levels per ability: 7
Fighting Thunder: Chance to do 90-240% more nade damage
Thundrbolt: 25% chance to do 30-240% more damage
Thunder God: 25% chance to shake enemy 1-5 seconds
Raidens Rath: Damage 3-5 enemies at longer ranges

Initial test release

Raiden's Wrath, not rath.

acolyte_to_jippity
12-30-2010, 12:39 AM
Raiden's Wrath, not rath.

no, i think it should stay rath.

the ol mod was full of spelling errors, made us all lol

StarsMine
12-30-2010, 02:54 AM
so this is like an uber orc?

acolyte_to_jippity
12-30-2010, 10:48 AM
so this is like an uber orc?

yes, with no respawn.

it's a fucking win class.

thunder god only worked w/ nades before i think though

ZERO
12-30-2010, 12:37 PM
this race never had wards before, are you saying it does now!?

acolyte_to_jippity
12-30-2010, 02:41 PM

what?

maynard
12-30-2010, 03:06 PM
ill be back tongight. havent been on much the last 4 days or so with family still in town for the holidays. ill check it out tonight, amongst other things.

acolyte_to_jippity
12-30-2010, 03:34 PM

ahhhh, i see. the version from the war3 boars is different from our old one. it does look like it has wards.

yeah, no. i vote for old one back

ZERO
12-30-2010, 03:39 PM
Well yea, it is like what I have been doing to get the other races back, I take the closest thing and then reprogram half of it. This is a lot faster than doing it from scratch.

acolyte_to_jippity
12-30-2010, 03:43 PM
Well yea, it is like what I have been doing to get the other races back, I take the closest thing and then reprogram half of it. This is a lot faster than doing it from scratch.

at least this time you just need to remake the ult. from orc, get rid of the one that's there now and delete staff.

maybe edit lightning bolt

CYBER
01-08-2011, 06:48 PM
yeah currently if u presse +ability it puts up to 3 golden wards with a very small range ...

and i dnt get what the other skills are supposed to do ...thunder god?and wrath?
then again i only checked the race when alone, dnt have a guinea pig to test skills on them.

ZERO
01-09-2011, 03:54 PM

Final Quality test release
Created ultimate
Set all powers to correct values
Updated descriptions

ZERO
01-09-2011, 03:54 PM
OK I am ready now to get this race bug tested and then it is ready to add to the server!

B1ackOut
01-09-2011, 04:14 PM
sweet

ZERO
01-09-2011, 09:02 PM

Initial public release

maynard
01-10-2011, 04:21 PM
w00t. Love this race. was working awesome for me last night.

ZERO
04-08-2011, 06:12 PM

Improved performance of hit based abilities
Improved filtering to prevent ability dmg stacking

VladtheImpaler
04-21-2011, 09:07 PM
we need to fix the Ultimate for this race It is criting and doing 1 shot kills to people with 100 health. That is not the way it is supposed to work?

ZERO
04-22-2011, 04:02 PM
It should only do 32hp dmg per person. Is this occurring every time? There should be rare instances where a players id could change at that exact moment due to another player connecting or something that causes it to hit more than once. However even if it did hit more than once you should see the stacked output in the console. :wtg:

Tickle Me Emo
04-22-2011, 04:12 PM
It happens frequently and it happens with Orc as well.

Superman
04-22-2011, 04:42 PM
Yes, both class's are now critting. Ive been hit for 495 once. Other times I will be killed instantly. So its either buy a necklace and go in with no weapon or go in with no weapon and die. Either way, its kinda...... gay. Teams are being stacked with either class 10 fold each... Granted, even without the ability to crit that would cause major damage to a group of people. But if one person can walk up to a group of 3 and take them all out with 1 chain lightning, then there is a problem.

VladtheImpaler
04-24-2011, 11:22 PM
Just wanted to report accurately that it is not the Ultimate itself doing the extra damage raiding Thunder bolt is procing from lightning bolt.

VladtheImpaler
04-25-2011, 09:14 PM
Please why does everyone have to abuse this race rite now? Its becoming sick, I have to play as shadow of the void or Warden to even have fun anymore. Or else buy a necklace otherwise its all 1 hit lightning bolts. Could we just remove the race till the problem is fixed because there is 3-4 players playing the race per team per night. It is making it not even fun to play anymore in the evening, and will probably chase new prospective players away who are like WTF 1 hit kill?

Tickle Me Emo
04-25-2011, 11:47 PM
Please why does everyone have to abuse this race rite now? Its becoming sick, I have to play as shadow of the void or Warden to even have fun anymore. Or else buy a necklace otherwise its all 1 hit lightning bolts. Could we just remove the race till the problem is fixed because there is 3-4 players playing the race per team per night. It is making it not even fun to play anymore in the evening, and will probably chase new prospective players away who are like WTF 1 hit kill?

When I was playing earlier, there were 5 raidens and 2 orcs, out of 14-15 people. Fully half the server. I am basically forced to play Warden until I have money built up to buy lace for other races.

I've been really tempted to just disallow those races while I'm in the server, but without official word that's a little above my authority.

maynard
04-26-2011, 12:52 PM
I've been really tempted to just disallow those races while I'm in the server, but without official word that's a little above my authority.

indeed.

issue will be dealt with shortly.

H.Bitch
04-26-2011, 01:44 PM
Yesterday playing in Italy, on CT:

Me- Yo what up guiz lets whoopasum ass rite?!
*runs up long hall*
Me- Wtf, all the T's are in the bomb house still?
*gets 1-hit like running into a wall of nails*
Me- God damnit guiz wtf seriously?
*scrolls*
T's- You guiz are sooo gay having to keep scrolling.

You know I am all for having fun with fighting a team of Raidens, makes it really difficult and opens my eyes to new ways to fight classes like that, but seriously.. of course we're gonna scroll, and I don't give a crap if I'm scrolling against 7 opponents or against 1, I'm in it to win it baby and you're my next kill.

ZERO
04-27-2011, 11:12 PM

Patched to prevent ult dmg stack

Superman
05-03-2011, 02:03 PM
Nope, this class and Raiden still one hits people. Even though the damage say like 76 damage. It actually does like 140.

ZERO
05-03-2011, 09:24 PM
What is it outputting in the console? As in are there any powers stacking when this is in use or is this being done by the ult only.

Superman
05-04-2011, 11:14 AM
I will have to check. I am referring to the white lettering on the bottom of the screen when it happens. It says 76 but it instantly kills me.

Steamer
05-20-2011, 06:20 PM
As last ct (while race Vaga w/ Necklace of Immunity) I get this while trying to kill 2 t's at bomb site.

: Thunder God
ATTACKER birdshooter » 291 Dmg, 3 Hits
Damage Taken from "birdshooter" - 291 in 3 hits

Still stacks, broken vs Immunity (Any Race / Item).

Stats page tells that along from experience of it.

Blackmage
05-20-2011, 06:32 PM
The getting through immunity has something to do with multiple targets, because it does work some of the time.

Steamer
05-20-2011, 09:59 PM
There where no multiple targets... "As last ct".

Maybe the code is is targeting all players regardless of team and bypassing teammates causing the damage to stack on last target of opposing team? The stack count seems to be related to the players within yourself and casters distance.

I know it attacks multiple enemies but this races' ulti is not suppose to stack damage.

ZERO
05-21-2011, 04:43 PM
Ok the issue was that the dmg was being delt under chainlightning instead of Raidens_Rath this will be fixed :wtg:

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

Patched to correctly label ult Raidens_Rath

Steamer
05-21-2011, 07:29 PM
Thunder God still penetrates Immunity's. It seems random and happens when other players are around.

ZERO
05-22-2011, 12:59 AM

Patched to detect immunities before triggering skills

StarsMine
05-23-2011, 08:58 PM
Is there any reason that the crit nade isnt a 100% proc? it doesnt say its a chance thing in the description

ZERO
05-23-2011, 10:06 PM
it is 25%

StarsMine
05-23-2011, 10:14 PM
oh I was looking in the ingame description :banghead:

SCRIBBLE
05-30-2011, 10:05 AM
Raiden is still critting for upwards of 130 dmg with Raiden's Rath. People are still taking advantage of the glitch. Could you please fix this shit Zero?

ZERO
05-31-2011, 09:05 PM
There was a missing _ it is fixed now :reddot:

brett friggin favre
09-14-2011, 03:52 PM
i feel like the grenade crit chance should be more like 50%. you usually only get one nade a round and its really disappointing that if you get a chance to throw it in the middle of 4 people...there's only a 1 in 4 chance to kill even one lol. makes raiden feel like a nerfed orc (lacking 100% crit nade AND resurrection), and i feel it should be an upgraded orc since it has a higher level requirement.

Spasm
09-15-2011, 06:15 PM
i feel like the grenade crit chance should be more like 50%. you usually only get one nade a round and its really disappointing that if you get a chance to throw it in the middle of 4 people...there's only a 1 in 4 chance to kill even one lol. makes raiden feel like a nerfed orc (lacking 100% crit nade AND resurrection), and i feel it should be an upgraded orc since it has a higher level requirement.

Agreed. I think it should be 100 % like geno and orc. Maybe change the damage percent to percent chance?

brett friggin favre
09-15-2011, 07:00 PM
Agreed. I think it should be 100 % like geno and orc. Maybe change the damage percent to percent chance?

i wouldn't say 100% because thunderbolt is crazy good, better than crit strike for sure, and thunder god is pretty useful too. but 25% is just too low if you ask me, and 50% would be reasonable...though i wouldnt complain if it was 75 or 100 :P

ZERO
03-20-2012, 10:14 PM

Confirmed CODE is 100% same as 1.0.6

brett friggin favre
07-13-2012, 08:45 PM
thunderbolt can stack.

ZERO
07-13-2012, 10:23 PM
public OnWar3EventPostHurt( victim, attacker, damage )
{
decl String:weapon[64];
GetEventString(W3GetVar(SmEvent),"weapon",weapon,63);

if( !W3HasImmunity(victim,Immunity_Skills) && !StrEqual(weapon,"raiden_thundrbolt",false) && !StrEqual(weapon,"Raidens_Rath",false) && !StrEqual(weapon,"explode",false) && ValidPlayer( victim, true ) && ValidPlayer( attacker, true ) && GetClientTeam( victim ) != GetClientTeam( attacker ) )
{
if( War3_GetRace( attacker ) == thisRaceID )
{
//Thunderbolt
new skill_dmg2 = War3_GetSkillLevel( attacker, thisRaceID, SKILL_DMG2 );
if( !StrEqual(weapon,"hegrenade",false) && !Hexed( attacker, false ) && skill_dmg2 > 0 && Math_GetRandomFloat( 0.0, 1.0 ) <= 0.25 )
{
War3_DealDamage( victim, RoundToFloor( damage * DMG2Multiplier[skill_dmg2] ), attacker, DMG_BULLET, "raiden_thundrbolt" );

The programing is correct.

brett friggin favre
07-13-2012, 10:29 PM
well i dunno what to tell ya, he shot me 1 time as shown in the ss and hit me twice with thunderbolt

ZERO
07-13-2012, 10:37 PM
Let us also look at some math:

new Float:DMG2Multiplier[8] = { 0.0, 1.3, 1.6, 1.9, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4 };

It says 94 DMG in 1 hit yet the skills did: 26dmg and 21dmg

So that means that for the first one they did either:

20, 16.25, 13.68, no point to cal rest b.c this and the next need to add to 94...

and

Wait so the max dmg they could have done was 20+16 at least for what triggered this or 36DMG this leaves a lot unaccounted for as far as dmg goes. What we can conclude here is that the game is clearly not reporting the correct amount of hits or somehow 1 hit of whatever they hit you with created multiple hurt events meaning that 1 shot did multiple amounts of dmg. Now what would do 1 shot and have multiple hits...

Oh, a shotgun. Logically a shotgun will have multiple hit events but literally only fires 1 shot. The engine reports 94 dmg done to you by that 1 shot however the abilities are based off a chance when dmg is taken not based on the amount of shots physically fired.

brett friggin favre
07-13-2012, 11:39 PM
edit: i derp'd. it was a shotty >.<

maynard
07-14-2012, 12:03 AM
edit: i derp'd. it was a shotty >.<

swing and a miss.

CYBER
07-23-2012, 02:45 PM
swing and a miss.
u're cheating on me... i thought that love hate relationship was unique with you stalking my posts with this comment... then i see THIS...
brett.. how could u

Passarelli
03-26-2014, 07:48 AM
maybe it's just that i'm too impatient or too straight up bad because i tend to die before i can use my ult

and my nades are attrocious, if i try to nade someone i just end up dead because i don't have a gun out or... well i'm bad

i've always had trouble playing as raiden, maybe i'm comparing it to the other races i play :-/

quick little how to:
When tossing a nade, use corners and such to get the nade where you need it to go. sound is your friend. try to guesstimate the ~ time it takes someone to run from point a to point b. This is great when you see/hear someone running into tunnels or down a hallway and you time the nade right at the other end. They pop around a corner and take a nade straight to the face. Hilarious.

Never go out around a corner with a nade out unless you know it is safe. Use corners to toss nades to clear the way. Remember, flash grenades are very powerful. It can be a fun tactic to toss out a crit nade, flash nade, then crit nade. Just watch your minimap before you flash as to not hit your teammates.

Typically, all the rushing classes should make it to you well before your ultimate is ready. Hopefully your team has them either dead or locked down. Shadow hunters are also good at funneling these fellows down 1 path which you then volley your nades into. Instant fun!

Your ultimate is your best friend. It deals decent damage, will hit multiple targets and most important, lets you know their postion. When your ult is ready, get your nade out. use your ult and corners to place your nade.

Orc plays the same way, except you typically stay in spawn to get nades. Raiden--being able to buy gloves--has the power to get out of spawn easier. Overall, a very good skill class. Buy claw, lace, and gloves.

Most of all, practice! Have trouble tossing your nades at the right spot? Practice. Go to an empty server (WCS test server is a wonderful place) spend 5 minutes getting the angles and distances down. It is much harder to become consistent with how you toss nades in a live game. Use sprays to place targets for getting your shotgun blasts to aim faster when you clear corners. You'll be surprised at the difference minimal effort to practice can make in your overall game. This and a couple late nights with cyber doing bond duels are the only reasons I do well with bond. I became proficient with nades doing 1v1 knife/nade battles with gangnam. So you know, the best race for this after extenstive testing is genocide XD

CYBER
03-26-2014, 10:50 AM
This and a couple late nights with cyber doing bond duels are the only reasons I do well with bond.

Thanks for the words bud, much appreciated that you didn't forget those practice sessions. I'm very glad I helped y improve ur gameplay, considering I haven't been much active in wcs as of late due to some hypa cunts, i mean race whores. Yeah, that.

ZERO
12-21-2014, 11:06 PM
Reprograming Started

ZERO
12-21-2014, 11:25 PM
Well this bs is getting fixed/nerfed:

RoundToFloor( damage * 3.0 * DMG1Multiplier[skill_dmg1] )

So apparently this race is hard coded to give an extra 300% bonus dmg to nades on top of the amount in the description. This is being corrected so that it will work exactly as intended, without the extra 300% dmg...

ZERO
12-22-2014, 12:10 AM
Race is on test server and ready for final release testing. Please report all bugs. Race should work as it does on the live server except now there is a correct dmg from the nade ability.

Note that the nade ability and the ult will maintain true dmg. IE they will deal their dmg directly to the players health. The per shot ability takes armor into account as per the new standard.

ZERO
12-24-2014, 03:11 PM

Initial Release of reprogramed version