PDA

View Full Version : Minecraft Server

Jeimuzu
01-05-2011, 04:30 PM
Not a Steam game, but this is where the games go usually..

We have a Minecraft server up for those who would like to join, hosted courtesy of Mag36. (If you want an official IBIS Minecraft server, you could try donating and message Zero about it.)

The two rules we have so far are simple: Build out of sight of neighbors, unless permission is granted, and no griefing, which means destroying other people's stuff, or stealing it.

Thanks goes to Taz, for giving us motivation to create these rules!

The address to connect to the server is: magserver.dyndns-server.com

IBIS Vent:
IP: 64.34.167.21
Port: 3426

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

mastercheff
01-05-2011, 04:56 PM
Sounds good, I'll be on to start my part of the town.

mcilwain
01-05-2011, 05:35 PM
I'd like to try minecraft but im broke hopefully i can get it soon enough and play!

Darkphoenix
01-05-2011, 06:53 PM
.....im so happy right now, i stopped playing after i rage quit because i lost a large amount of diamonds to lava maybe i can restart.

DJ_MikeyRevile
01-05-2011, 07:17 PM
ill join but probably not vent to avoid annoying tentoes lol

is it to much to ask for some minecraft noob guidance? =D

maynard
01-05-2011, 07:55 PM
is it to much to ask for some minecraft noob guidance? =D

youtube.com

mag36
01-05-2011, 08:23 PM
yeah I updated my minecraft server and running it from home..... Ill try to keep up with it and keep it up and running as long as people want to use it.... Hopefully ill have more time to read up and improve some things on the server in future. Mind you minecraft is still just beta now so there may be still some glitches hanging around specially multilayer.

BladeTwinSwords
01-05-2011, 11:40 PM
Does everyone mind posting their Minecraft username so we can keep a log of who is who.

Tickle Me Emo
01-05-2011, 11:52 PM
My Minecraft name is Takran.

Needs moar coal. I hate strip mining, cave exploration is so much more fun, but I couldn't find any sweet caves.

maynard
01-06-2011, 12:07 AM
im weedyrs

BladeTwinSwords
01-06-2011, 12:12 AM
Mine is BladeTwinSwords

I basically give starters free beginners gear and run the merchant store.

Jeimuzu
01-06-2011, 12:24 AM
The server has so many people from IBIS on it that the performance of the server is taking a beating.

I'm considering asking you guys if you feel like chipping in 1-2 dollars and we can get a real dedicated server up with a decent connection for a month or so.

DJ_MikeyRevile
01-06-2011, 12:29 AM
in game name is DJmikeyrevile

current owner of the most extensive mine in all.... what is the name of our world? =O

maynard
01-06-2011, 03:32 AM
this game is stupidly addicting....

DJ_MikeyRevile
01-06-2011, 07:04 AM
i can donate

check this out!
fEt6pP28C_U

CYBER
01-06-2011, 01:27 PM
mine is iCyber (fucking Cyber was taken -.-)

currently i have SQUAT in the game, but then again i only played 20 minutes.

currently working on a top secret project, hope it works :P

Curdy
01-06-2011, 01:49 PM
im up for that

minecraft name is curdy

acolyte_to_jippity
01-06-2011, 01:52 PM
i'm thinking of buying it, but i want to know what the payment thing is first. if i buy it now, will i still get the free updates? or will i have to pay for them?

maynard
01-06-2011, 03:07 PM
i'm thinking of buying it, but i want to know what the payment thing is first. if i buy it now, will i still get the free updates? or will i have to pay for them?

it's like 13 euro, pay through credit card or paypal. once you pay you can then login 2 the game. and when the full version of the game is released you're bumped up 2 it for free (which will cost 20 euro when it comes out). you're basically pre ordering this game for beta play. VERY worth it. I played for like 12 hours strait yesturday, I couldn't stop....

come on vent people so we can talk.

vent ibis

Darkphoenix
01-06-2011, 03:56 PM
i will be coming, my name is owskie

acolyte_to_jippity
01-06-2011, 04:04 PM
it's like 13 euro, pay through credit card or paypal. once you pay you can then login 2 the game. and when the full version of the game is released you're bumped up 2 it for free (which will cost 20 euro when it comes out). you're basically pre ordering this game for beta play. VERY worth it. I played for like 12 hours strait yesturday, I couldn't stop....

come on vent people so we can talk.

vent ibis

no. that's only if you got the game during alpha.

http://notch.tumblr.com/post/2175441966/minecraft-beta-december-20-2010

mastercheff
01-06-2011, 04:23 PM

Wow, well then. Anyways name in-game is MasterCheff. What program are we using to talk? I just wanna hear your funny reactions when some random creeper comes up and blows you guys up.

NLA
01-06-2011, 04:45 PM
So, the first post says BUILD YOUR STUFF OUT OF VIEW OF OTHERS, does that mean that we can't visit each other's place and see what they're up to? In reality, are people building close to each other? Or are people really trying to keep things isolated from each other? :b

EDIT: Whitelist me! Ingame nickname: NessLookAlike

jonny5v
01-06-2011, 05:54 PM
Ooooo! This sounds fun. I was going to ask if anyone wanted me to build a redstone minecart system for them. It will include flashing lights and empty cart return system for traveling :)

acolyte_to_jippity
01-06-2011, 05:55 PM
So, the first post says BUILD YOUR STUFF OUT OF VIEW OF OTHERS, does that mean that we can't visit each other's place and see what they're up to? In reality, are people building close to each other? Or are people really trying to keep things isolated from each other? :b

i think the out of site thing is just to make sure that people don't crowd each other.

mag36
01-06-2011, 06:06 PM
what is the name of our world? =O

Well what do we want call it i can change the name very easily.....

More or less dont build right up on someone aske permission from neighbors before building what may be there front yard..... Secondly dont mess with someone elses stuff......

Im work on a more customized server then what we have now and hopes to have it up ad a dedicated server this weekend. The Server is currently running from my home system and my ISP connection is limited so bare with me on some lag issuses till we get some better bandwidth....

Tickle Me Emo
01-06-2011, 06:36 PM

Actually what he said is correct. The post you linked states quite clearly that buying the game during beta still includes the release version (duh, no one is going to buy a beta), and all future bug patches - but not feature releases ("expansions", if you will).

acolyte_to_jippity
01-06-2011, 06:52 PM
Actually what he said is correct. The post you linked states quite clearly that buying the game during beta still includes the release version (duh, no one is going to buy a beta), and all future bug patches - but not feature releases ("expansions", if you will).

ok. that wasn't very clear. it sounded like if you bought it now, you' have to pay (hopefully just the difference) once it was put into release status

maynard
01-06-2011, 07:50 PM
FaMTedT6P0I

mag36
01-06-2011, 07:53 PM
FaMTedT6P0I

yeah thats probably teh best trailer i seen that explains the game been my fav fan made trailer for a while now

maynard
01-06-2011, 08:15 PM
I know eh! it's leet. after I watch It I just gotta play Lol

acolyte_to_jippity
01-06-2011, 08:38 PM
it seriously reminds me of a more freeform version of the old game Stranded 2

http://www.stranded.unrealsoftware.de/index.php

BladeTwinSwords
01-06-2011, 08:53 PM
Ok so far we have...

MetricZero: James
DJmikeyrevile: Mikey
Takran: Emo
weedyrs: Maynard
BladeTwinSwords: BladeTwinSwords
Mag36: Mag
Squeakdragon: Inny
Zankin: OMGBEARS
taz1stP: Taz
brentidge: Brentidge
owskie: DarkPhoenix
MasterCheff: MasterCheff
NessLookAlike: NessLookAlike
curdy: Curdy
iCyber: Cyber
jssaylor2007: Tentoes
Solarisoul: SolarSoul

jssaylor2007
01-06-2011, 09:37 PM
You didnt list me

B1ackOut
01-06-2011, 10:22 PM
hmm i think i might get it, because of the large amount of ibis people, and that trailer was pretty sweet

DJ_MikeyRevile
01-06-2011, 11:00 PM
here is an idea...

seeing as how im almost finished making my house (just need to add the lava roof xD
and seeing as how no one really listened to the first rule of the server.. building out of sight from another player. i figured why not work together and make a IBIS minecraft community start where most of us are now and build a town and expand? im just about finished making the public nether gate and if we were to light up around me james and maynards place we would have a HUGE area without monsters during night. it would open up that part of the world for outside building at night time.

mag36
01-06-2011, 11:02 PM
hmm i think i might get it, because of the large amount of ibis people, and that trailer was pretty sweet

only thing is your not alone anymore on that server. So take taht part out of the trailer unless you play single player

maynard
01-06-2011, 11:49 PM
Lmfao

kn2-d5a3r94

taz1stP
01-07-2011, 01:37 AM
im up for that

minecraft name is curdy
he will rob you if you dont watch out.

FaMTedT6P0I

holy shit that guy has no life to make all that

acolyte_to_jippity
01-07-2011, 02:38 AM
holy shit that guy has no life to make all that

correction, THIS guy has no life:

kn2-d5a3r94&

Jeimuzu
01-07-2011, 04:49 AM
Donate to the Minecraft for IBIS foundation today!

If 20 people each donate 50 cents, we'd have enough for a server with that many slots for a month. Bless Mag for trying to host for us but his 2 MB upload can only do so much..

Completely up to you guys.

Paypal @ [email protected]

DJ_MikeyRevile
01-07-2011, 05:52 AM
found my first dungeon and it is fucking MASSIVE!

died like 5 times but cleared out 20+ monsters.. and it is only the begginging

Picture 1 - dont dig up

picture 2 - Exploding Creepers fall threw hole and BLOW the hole even bigger.

more pictures to come if i can fucking survive it for more then 4 min.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-07-2011, 09:52 AM
wow, maynard, i did not see your post when i made mine. my bad

CYBER
01-07-2011, 11:31 AM
i'd like to add a rule myself:
dont fucking intentionally hit people for damage or push them off a cliff for them to die.
Not only u killed the person and made them lose their shit for u to take, but it's just LOW...

complements to taz for this rule after pushing me off of his bridge simply because i was afk on "his" bridge" while chatting with someone.
note: i wasnt disturbing anyone...

Christmas
01-07-2011, 05:04 PM
Currently chillaxing for the night till I can find a place to settle.

Name is Hollliday on there FTR.

mag36
01-07-2011, 05:32 PM
ok 20 slot server has been purchased now just waiting for email confirmation for ip and Defecated server setup for the basics.
I have been working on Hmod serve (http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=23340)r and it will let me control what mobsters will be in the server. so if you would like to get read of exploding creepers and things let me know.

ill keep my home PC as the server until Im done having everything setup on the dedicated server. And I will transfer the current world over to the new server. Unless everyone wants to start from scratch ?

Jeimuzu
01-07-2011, 05:47 PM
Lets see..

https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/btn_donateCC_LG.gif (https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=Jeimuzu%40live%2ecom&lc=US&item_name=Minecraft%20for%20IBIS%20Foundation&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonH osted
)

Neat! I learned coding! *Level up noise*

DJ_MikeyRevile
01-07-2011, 05:59 PM
Lets see..

https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/btn_donateCC_LG.gif (https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=Jeimuzu%40live%2ecom&lc=US&item_name=Minecraft%20for%20IBIS%20Foundation&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonH osted
)

Neat! I learned coding! *Level up noise*

lol ill donate 5 dollars when i get home from drill tonight

acolyte_to_jippity
01-07-2011, 07:32 PM
definaltely transfer everything over. i don't want to rebuild my place.

also, i'm acolytetojippity

Wolfenstinger
01-07-2011, 07:50 PM
on as Wolfenstinger.

and grats on the server mag

Jeimuzu
01-07-2011, 08:24 PM
We can transfer the current world to the new server, so we wouldn't need to restart.

NLA
01-07-2011, 08:45 PM
Donations you say? Hm. Tell me more.

taz1stP
01-07-2011, 10:20 PM
ok 20 slot server has been purchased now just waiting for email confirmation for ip and Defecated server setup for the basics.
I have been working on Hmod serve (http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=23340)r and it will let me control what mobsters will be in the server. so if you would like to get read of exploding creepers and things let me know.

ill keep my home PC as the server until Im done having everything setup on the dedicated server. And I will transfer the current world over to the new server. Unless everyone wants to start from scratch ?

plz get rid of the spiders during the day or make it so they burn like the rest b/c they are annoying as shit

Tickle Me Emo
01-07-2011, 11:19 PM
plz get rid of the spiders during the day or make it so they burn like the rest b/c they are annoying as shit

Spiders are not aggressive during the day. They will not attack unless attacked first.

mag36
01-07-2011, 11:34 PM
69.197.190.142:25565

Decicated server is up still will need to do some tweeks but everything needs to be done on this server now

There was a 2 hour period where i couldnt uplaod from my personal server. Sorry...... that where i uploaded from that point to the dedicated server. so any work you did then i cant just add in with out shutting down both servers

use /help to see some of the new features......
Theres is more to come but im out of time and have to go to work in 4 hours so night time for me get some sleep...
Will continue working on it tomorrow

CYBER
01-08-2011, 02:33 AM
69.197.190.142:25565

Decicated server is up still will need to do some tweeks but everything needs to be done on this server now

There was a 2 hour period where i couldnt uplaod from my personal server. Sorry...... that where i uploaded from that point to the dedicated server. so any work you did then i cant just add in with out shutting down both servers

use /help to see some of the new features......
Theres is more to come but im out of time and have to go to work in 4 hours so night time for me get some sleep...
Will continue working on it tomorrow

mag? any chance u can make it so that when u die u can spawn to a specific place in game? most likely ur own house?
bcos spawning to that tower and forcing me to walk all the way to my house is a drag, not to mention if its nighttime then its wasted time bcos u cant keep urself busy mining.

DJ_MikeyRevile
01-08-2011, 02:57 AM
mag? any chance u can make it so that when u die u can spawn to a specific place in game? most likely ur own house?
bcos spawning to that tower and forcing me to walk all the way to my house is a drag, not to mention if its nighttime then its wasted time bcos u cant keep urself busy mining.

better solution. DONT DIE! =D

BladeTwinSwords
01-08-2011, 03:09 AM
I will state this rule only once.

If you did not put your stuff in that chest.

IT'S NOT FUCKING YOURS!!!

CYBER
01-08-2011, 03:29 AM

hey blade? u mind if i used ur old house that is for rent as an old sleep over??
which reminds me, i could use those boulders and swivel axes i left in the old box, as well as the matches...they aint much ,but thats all i managed to collect before ,.. now am kinda handless and confused where to start:P

acolyte_to_jippity
01-08-2011, 03:40 AM

why is this such a hard concept to understand?

it's simple, don't fuck with shit that's not yours.

CYBER
01-08-2011, 03:44 AM
why is this such a hard concept to understand?

it's simple, don't fuck with shit that's not yours.

honestly? if i could talk to the fucking creator of this game, i would have asked him for a chance to put a lock on the chests.
like a combination or smthn that u can write in order to access the chest... makes life easier than to worry about "certain" pests....

taz1stP
01-08-2011, 04:53 AM
honestly? if i could talk to the fucking creator of this game, i would have asked him for a chance to put a lock on the chests.
like a combination or smthn that u can write in order to access the chest... makes life easier than to worry about "certain" pests....

or we all get stone doors and hide the buttions to them so that they cant get to the chest

Tickle Me Emo
01-08-2011, 04:56 AM
or we all get stone doors and hide the buttions to them so that they cant get to the chest

The problem is that anyone can destroy objects in the world... all they have to do is tear down your iron door... or your wall. Other people that I play with have also suggested that there should be a way to lock chests. Maybe one day it will actually happen.

edit: Apparently someone decided to relieve me of my gold. If I ever find out who you are, I will burn all your shit to the ground, for the rest of the Minecraft server's life. Also, I will kill you. :P

CYBER
01-08-2011, 05:28 AM
i honestly have no idea where to start... am thinking about building underwater, start with a cave in the middle of the water, by first building a big 3x3 stone plate on the floor and build it up all the way above water and then dig a way in the middle all the way down to under water...
whatcha guys think?
copyrighted ideas bitches:D
am thinking one day of having my own underwater glass villa , since many of u no-lifers have already occupied the skies -.-

maynard
01-08-2011, 06:53 AM
mag? any chance u can make it so that when u die u can spawn to a specific place in game?

type /help in game...

mastercheff
01-08-2011, 07:59 AM
I just got on the server and I decided to clear out a specific someone's castle of pests, and I lighted up the courtyard so mobs wouldn't spawn. I also installed a new furnace and I planted a little bed to tell that person that I was there. OH, it also looked like someone died there so I took all their materials to the owner's storage chest. I think it was James' castle, correct me if I'm wrong.

CYBER
01-08-2011, 09:21 AM
I just got on the server and I decided to clear out a specific someone's castle of pests, and I lighted up the courtyard so mobs wouldn't spawn. I also installed a new furnace and I planted a little bed to tell that person that I was there. OH, it also looked like someone died there so I took all their materials to the owner's storage chest. I think it was James' castle, correct me if I'm wrong.

i died in someone's house lol... not sure whose castle it was or if the material is mine :P
but it wasnt that much of stuff i recall for me, a few blocks and shit...
i think if u mean the castle that u get to by bridge? taz currently has it ...

mastercheff
01-08-2011, 09:51 AM
i died in someone's house lol... not sure whose castle it was or if the material is mine :P
but it wasnt that much of stuff i recall for me, a few blocks and shit...
i think if u mean the castle that u get to by bridge? taz currently has it ...

You dropped 14 blocks of IRON!

taz1stP
01-08-2011, 04:22 PM

stay the fuck out of my bases i have 4 or 5

brentidge
01-08-2011, 05:10 PM
that was my castle thank you for the help and not stealing my shit i rage quit befor i went to bed and said fuck it lol and forgot to hide my chest

acolyte_to_jippity
01-08-2011, 05:48 PM

god, you really are a dumbass aren't you?

i'm sending the email now!

DJ_MikeyRevile
01-08-2011, 05:54 PM
ok. we shouldnt have to fucking hide our chests it is as simple as that. DONT FUCKING STEAL.

Taz you have the balls to tell people to stay away from your shit when you are the one stealing from me and blade? Blade CAUGHT YOU attempting to steal from him! Also emo.. isnt taz close to you? would make sence considering he has 0 integrity to begin with....

can we have taz banned for making our world look like the ghetto and stealing from people?

maynard
01-08-2011, 06:31 PM
I caught JSS red handed, stealing from me.
I suggest ppl hide there shit, we apparently cant trust out own community which makes me incredibly sad...

Steamer
01-08-2011, 06:54 PM
This how yo serva be? Found Taz.

JKqlqR6fb6E

maynard
01-08-2011, 07:08 PM
Found Taz.

lol...

taz1stP
01-08-2011, 08:38 PM
ok. we shouldnt have to fucking hide our chests it is as simple as that. DONT FUCKING STEAL.

Taz you have the balls to tell people to stay away from your shit when you are the one stealing from me and blade? Blade CAUGHT YOU attempting to steal from him! Also emo.. isnt taz close to you? would make sence considering he has 0 integrity to begin with....

can we have taz banned for making our world look like the ghetto and stealing from people?

hey fucker i didnt steal any thing from him nor have i stole from you i was looking at what he had. i have caught curdy stealing my shit. then yesterday cudy and his buddy were going trew my house. then someone stole my lawn and my steps wtf is up with stealing my lawn.

CYBER
01-09-2011, 05:32 AM

not me then :P
but if u found a couple dropped balls and a long stick, plz be sure to return them to me , i kinda forgot them in someone;s ass back then -.-

Steamer
01-09-2011, 05:43 AM
someone stole my lawn and my steps wtf is up with stealing my lawn.

Lmfao!

DJ_MikeyRevile
01-09-2011, 06:47 AM
Operation Under waterworld is underway! ha get it UNDER xD cause its going to be UNDER water when im finished =o

mag36
01-09-2011, 08:21 AM
Oh first off ill be shutting down the server for an hour or so to add chest protect MOD (which will keep people from stealling from chests) and some others plugins. So look for that around 9am EST for a server shut down. I cant install plugins without shutting down the server and modifying text files.

Starting Monday I will try and at 3:30am EST every other day, I will be shutting down server for a few min to add a mod or just to clear cache to help keep server running smoothly.

Once i get the learning curve down and understanding everything from inside out for maintenance and updates should be very quickly. But shit is still all new to me far as running the hey0 Hmod program and plugins.
Mind you I work from 5am to 2pm-7pm monday through saturday. So my time can be very limited. So far James and Maynard are admins for Minecraft. And there will be others

This is the current groups.txt code

#Add your groups here (When adding your entry DO NOT include #!)
#The format is:
#NAME:COLOR:COMMANDS:INHERITEDGROUPS:ADMIN/UNRESTRICTED
#For administrative powers set admin/unrestricted to 2.
#For no restrictions and ability to give out items set it to 1.
#If you don't want the group to be able to build set it to -1.
#Inherited groups and admin/unrestricted are optional.
#Examples:
admins:c:*:mods:2
mods:b:/ban,/kick,/item,/tp,/tphere,/s,/i,/give:vip:1
vip:a::default
default:f:/help,/sethome,/home,/spawn,/me,/msg,/kit,/playerlist,/warp,/motd,/compass,/tell,/m,/who:default

everyone is pretty much has default for now so you have these commands
/help,/sethome,/home,/spawn,/me,/msg,/kit,/playerlist,/warp,/motd,/compass,/tell,/m,/who

mastercheff
01-09-2011, 11:06 AM

HIDE YO KIDS HIDE YO WIFE

http://files.sharenator.com/Antoine_Dodson_Hide_Your_Kids_Hide_Your_Wife_Hide_ your_Kids-s795x799-83731.jpg

Andrew_Pavlik
01-09-2011, 12:16 PM
I am 'iamheavenxsent' in game, I had a lot of fun building my 'house' last night but I logged in today and it was totally gone ><.... the house-my mines-everything... I don;'t want this to happen every time I log in! :(

Christmas
01-09-2011, 12:26 PM
Yup, everything has pretty much been destroyed that wasn't made like awhile ago.

My entire place is caput. Fucking bullshit.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-09-2011, 12:35 PM
Operation Under waterworld is underway! ha get it UNDER xD cause its going to be UNDER water when im finished =o

where, the ocean next to my house is taken by me an my friend

Tickle Me Emo
01-09-2011, 01:32 PM
Yeah... I lost all of my recent work as well... mining and cave exploration, and thus a bunch of iron and coal, as well as one small construction project. Did you have to do a restore to an old version?

Also, how does this chest protection mod work?

Masskid
01-09-2011, 01:53 PM
Any way you can restore the old one?

DJ_MikeyRevile
01-09-2011, 03:53 PM
where, the ocean next to my house is taken by me an my friend

underneath my ibis sign

brentidge
01-09-2011, 04:46 PM
fuck man wpent 7 hours last night working on my shit made two toweres too the top of the map had my giant court yar with took me a few hours taken away from me ugh man ugh i feel as if i just waysed my last few days for nothing i am angrey but not at you mag just in generall more about how i let a game anger me

acolyte_to_jippity
01-09-2011, 04:53 PM
fuck man wpent 7 hours last night working on my shit made two toweres too the top of the map had my giant court yar with took me a few hours taken away from me ugh man ugh i feel as if i just waysed my last few days for nothing i am angrey but not at you mag just in generall more about how i let a game anger me

wait, so the stuff we o isn't being saved?

mag36
01-09-2011, 05:45 PM
Server saves there was a corruption error with setting up up SQL database.and it ovewritten map in its place without warning.....

its my fault should have saved the world map files before switching over. Themap your on is a backup file that I did have or everything would have been from scratch......

Next time ill make sure everything is completely backed up. I do appologize sinerely foe the work everyone did Saturday.......
Everything should be good now though and ill test mods and SQL database as much as I can before trying to implement anything.

DJ_MikeyRevile
01-09-2011, 07:07 PM
Server saves there was a corruption error with setting up up SQL database.and it ovewritten map in its place without warning.....

its my fault should have saved the world map files before switching over. Themap your on is a backup file that I did have or everything would have been from scratch......

Next time ill make sure everything is completely backed up. I do appologize sinerely foe the work everyone did Saturday.......
Everything should be good now though and ill test mods and SQL database as much as I can before trying to implement anything.

are the safes auto locked? or do we need to do somthing to make them lock..

taz1stP
01-09-2011, 11:29 PM
we should get this shit fixed then restart the sever from scratch.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-10-2011, 12:01 AM
we should get this shit fixed then restart the sever from scratch.

no

5char

Curdy
01-10-2011, 03:52 AM
well i jst figured something even if u add locks to the chest dsnt stop ppl from breaking the chest soooo ummmm ye >.>

edit

btw minecraft should really have its own section in the forums already....

maynard
01-10-2011, 03:06 PM
mag, put your paypal info up.

DJ_MikeyRevile
01-10-2011, 07:51 PM
mag, put your paypal info up.

this.

iv been waiting to send 5 bucks

B1ackOut
01-10-2011, 10:42 PM
just bought it and im b1ack0ut ingame

Christmas
01-10-2011, 11:29 PM
New rule:

If you aren't from ibis, you should be automatically be banned from the server.

Three guys keep on starting shit in the minecraft server and their kind should not be tolerated. We can hardly trust our own regulars let alone strangers.

maynard
01-11-2011, 12:03 AM
agreed. if you're not a community member you have no place on our server. we only got 20 slots, no point in wasting them on nobody's

enogar
01-11-2011, 12:05 AM
jsstaylor shouldn't be an admin.

spawns items for himself, kills people and if anyone tries to kill they get banned. you killed me and slippy for no reason other than exploring. we were looking at your glass house, we get killed and drop everything. fucking joke.

brentidge
01-11-2011, 12:18 AM
okay you guys have pissed brentidge now WTF man you brake glass room steal my pumpkins anf are thinking it is allright becouse my dimonds and shit are still there no what fuck you i have never stolen from anyone nor fucked anyones creastions up why do it to me fuck you i want my pumpkins back i dont no how to get them and they were given to me :plzdie:

acolyte_to_jippity
01-11-2011, 12:29 AM
jsstaylor shouldn't be an admin.

spawns items for himself, kills people and if anyone tries to kill they get banned. you killed me and slippy for no reason other than exploring. we were looking at your glass house, we get killed and drop everything. fucking joke.

and judging by your postcount and the lack of any type of stats next to your name, you've just stumbled onto the server somehow, and have just started to grief everyone.

good day good sir

maynard
01-11-2011, 12:42 AM
all I know is prior probelms with jay on minecraft aside, he was just defending admins giving themselfs what they want cause apprently "there's no abuse for admins on minecraft" ........

enogar
01-11-2011, 12:59 AM
and judging by your postcount and the lack of any type of stats next to your name, you've just stumbled onto the server somehow, and have just started to grief everyone.

good day good sir

no, i just played and never had the need to post. i was building up my house and exploring for more wood and got jumped by solar and killed. went back to kill him, killed him then jss tped to me and killed me and said i was going to get banned.

if youre going to have admins have them that don't spawn 60 golden apples and a ton of equip and then get pissy when you die.

i wanted to play in peace but apparently that isn't allowed.

CYBER
01-11-2011, 01:09 AM
guys? cant we stick to either clan/admins only, or at least highly know reg?

bcos i can see shit is going loose there in minecraft...havent played in a bit...but there should be tabs on who is killing who and who is stealing from whom...not to mention who has admin powers...imo, only a couple should have that and they arent allowed to spawn their own shit...whats the point in fairness.. i could just play on my own server if i wanted to spawn my own shit..

enogar
01-11-2011, 01:13 AM
guys? cant we stick to either clan/admins only, or at least highly know reg?

bcos i can see shit is going loose there in minecraft...havent played in a bit...but there should be tabs on who is killing who and who is stealing from whom...not to mention who has admin powers...imo, only a couple should have that and they arent allowed to spawn their own shit...whats the point in fairness.. i could just play on my own server if i wanted to spawn my own shit..

yeah. the admins just spawn stuff for themselves and then throw a tantrum if someone else does what they do. kill people and then get pissy and throw a fit when you get killed back.

maynard
01-11-2011, 01:41 AM
yeah. the admins just spawn stuff for themselves and then throw a tantrum if someone else does what they do.

false ive only spawned for myself 2 replace what I lost from the roll back, as ive also been offering 2 do so for other ppl and was givin permission from mag 2 do so. it's not "the admins" it's certain admins.

enogar
01-11-2011, 01:45 AM
false ive only spawned for myself 2 replace what I lost from the roll back, as ive also been offering 2 do so for other ppl and was givin permission from mag 2 do so. it's not "the admins" it's certain admins.

understood, sorry for the generalization.

is there a way i can be unbanned? who is the lead admin?

maynard
01-11-2011, 01:56 AM
Mag is the server owner. but he works 6 days a week. the person with most senority out of the community that plays minecraft would be metriczero in game, aka Jeimuzu on the forums.

I do agree with what christmas said though. we have a huge community and unless we're going 2 buy a bigger server we shouldn't be allowing the public that has nothing to do with our community join our server and fill it up... also makes tracking griefers and or problems makers down a lot harder with a buncha random people on the server.

jssaylor2007
01-11-2011, 01:59 AM
1. I caught you in my house.
2. You had just came out of damions house so i went and checked his chests and things were missing.
3. I told you after the first time i killed you to stay away.
4. Who the fuck are you.

maynard
01-11-2011, 03:08 AM
4. Who the fuck are you.

valid point.

taz1stP
01-11-2011, 05:27 AM
ok now im starting to get pissed people are breaking into my house and other peoples. they are planting traps on bridges so that they can kill you and steal your stuff. wtf who is this person who is setting up these traps and stealing shit.

mastercheff
01-11-2011, 08:12 AM
If I was a real dick I would be planting TNT traps all over the place. SRS BUSINESS.

Tickle Me Emo
01-11-2011, 11:04 AM
All this crap is why many public/semi-public servers run whitelists.

Christmas
01-11-2011, 11:25 AM
Enogar is not a member of the IBIS community.

The fact that two griefers came into the server after he found it only reaffirms the idea that we should not allow the public in.

If I had adminship anyone who didn't respond with an actual community name from the CSS servers would be banned on the spot. I don't know you and IBIS doesn't know you, so fuck off and find another server.

Also Jss is ruining the point of minecraft. Either he needs to stop giving himself things or he needs to have his modship removed.

DJ_MikeyRevile
01-11-2011, 11:28 AM
on a happy note...

Underwater world is half way to completion
some perks to my project

1. public underwater wheat farm (take what you need and replant is all i ask)

2. public Tree farm (again take what you need and replant)

3. a safe dock to fish from with a furnace on hand to cock your fish.

4. once everything is done ill add a boat dock so you can boat out to the island instead of swimming

if you want to help you can donate glass in the donation box at the entrance.

maynard
01-11-2011, 11:54 AM
on a happy note...

some perks to my project

4. once everything is done ill add a boat dock so you can boat out to the island instead of swimming

where's the roller coaster ride?

mastercheff
01-11-2011, 11:58 AM
on a happy note...

some perks to my project

That sounds all pretty good. I like the idea of fishing and with a furnace on hand.

BladeTwinSwords
01-11-2011, 01:37 PM
All this crap is why many public/semi-public servers run whitelists.

Fucking THIS!

OMGBEARS
01-11-2011, 02:19 PM
Also Jss is ruining the point of minecraft. Either he needs to stop giving himself things or he needs to have his modship removed.

I don't know if he's ruining the point of minecraft. A lot of people really don't like the gathering aspect of it and simply want to build and have fun that way. In a game like Minecraft there's really no way to achieve an "unfair advantage" over other players, nor is there something that one player might do that would hurt the other players on the servers chances of having fun save from building on top of one another (Maynard!).

This all stems from the simple fact that players are not in competition for anything other than space, which is hardly at a premium at this point. I wouldn't consider giving yourself items to be ruining the game for anyone. You might have "worked hard for what you've built" but seriously, folks... it's just minecraft. Go mine something if you want to. Go craft something if you want to. But whatever you do, you need to get over yourselves.

Solarsoul
01-11-2011, 02:53 PM
ok now im starting to get pissed people are breaking into my house and other peoples. they are planting traps on bridges so that they can kill you and steal your stuff. wtf who is this person who is setting up these traps and stealing shit.

I wouldnt put it past Enogar and slipperymc what the fuck ever his name was to do that considering they stole stuff from our chest last night and were gone for like an hour before we found them.

maynard
01-11-2011, 04:18 PM
I don't know if he's ruining the point of minecraft. A lot of people really don't like the gathering aspect of it and simply want to build and have fun that way. In a game like Minecraft there's really no way to achieve an "unfair advantage" over other players, nor is there something that one player might do that would hurt the other players on the servers chances of having fun save from building on top of one another (Maynard!).

you can't get an unfair advantage? what, are you joking? obviously an admin giving himself whatever he wants constantly is having an advantage over someone who actually has 2 work for all their building materials.

and honestly, get over the where I built thing. I made like a what, 20x20 above ground small house lol.... and when I started building there, you knew of it. you even said "hey maynard, you're real close 2 me =)" YES, that's right, you even put a damn smiley face in the msg... I then cracked a joke how we were gonna be roomies, and you laughed... I assumed you were just joking cause you had nothing on the surface showing you actually were building any where around there other then a door that was hidden amongst a buncha dirt. I'm not a mind reader, if you're going 2 build in an area then put something on the surface so it's obvious. I'm not gonna dig out under the entire area 2 see if someone is magically living down there in a pre made cave...

if you said at the beginning "hey man, I was here first, could you plz build else where?" I would have been more then happy 2 comply, but you didn't ask me 2 leave, or not build where I was starting my place, so you reserve no right 2 complain about it at any later time.

end result is mag said admins should not be giving items 2 any 1(unless it's for recovering from the roll back). he even demoted jss 2 a lower rank of admin that wasn't supposed 2 have access 2 the give item command(obviously didn't work), and JSS fully knows that... but he goes on just abusing the commands any way.

jssaylor2007
01-11-2011, 04:30 PM
Hey Maynard.

QQ

BladeTwinSwords
01-11-2011, 04:32 PM
Giving yourself items is giving yourself an advantage. If someone wanted to build a giant tower of awesomeness, they have to go get the supplies. If an admin were to do the same thing by giving themselves the materials, they aren't even playing the game. It's called Survival Multiplayer for a reason.

jssaylor2007
01-11-2011, 04:35 PM
Hey blade

QQ

OMGBEARS
01-11-2011, 05:08 PM
Mag bending to pressure from people like you, Maynard, is not what I would call precedent. He simply wants people to have fun on his server, and you are simply the loudest. It's minecraft, people. We aren't in competition with one another. There's no true "advantage" that can be gained because any such "advantage" is simply the fact that the mine in minecraft can be realllllly boring.

And survival is a joke. It's "build a big wall and throw torches everywhere." Also, watch where you step as those falls can sometimes be a doosy. Other than that, we are mostly playing separate from one another. We aren't attacking one another (save a few odd exceptions), and thus one player getting things for themselves via admin commands really doesn't effect any of the other players in the game. I haven't benefited from his admin abilities, yet somehow I'm not butthurt by his use of them. Why? Because I'm having fun playing minecraft. It's a game where you mine bricks and craft stuff with the bricks you mine.

FFS people. It's minecraft.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-11-2011, 05:12 PM
Mag bending to pressure from people like you, Maynard, is not what I would call precedent. He simply wants people to have fun on his server, and you are simply the loudest. It's minecraft, people. We aren't in competition with one another. There's no true "advantage" that can be gained because any such "advantage" is simply the fact that the mine in minecraft can be realllllly boring.

And survival is a joke. It's "build a big wall and throw torches everywhere." Also, watch where you step as those falls can sometimes be a doosy. Other than that, we are mostly playing separate from one another. We aren't attacking one another (save a few odd exceptions), and thus one player getting things for themselves via admin commands really doesn't effect any of the other players in the game. I haven't benefited from his admin abilities, yet somehow I'm not butthurt by his use of them. Why? Because I'm having fun playing minecraft. It's a game where you mine bricks and craft stuff with the bricks you mine.

FFS people. It's minecraft.

:sigh:

i'd say that it's a douche thing to do, giving yourself stuff, but then that their loss. it's not the point of the game. i've moved out of my first house built as a bunker of obsidian for the most part (it's not up for grabs though!!) an into a mine me and a friend are building together, because i want the satisfaction of actually standing in something i BUILT, not admin'd into existence. but everyone has a different idea of shit.

any type of stealing though, should be an instant removal from the server

maynard
01-11-2011, 05:20 PM
Mag bending to pressure from people like you, Maynard, is not what I would call precedent. He simply wants people to have fun on his server, and you are simply the loudest.

lmfao k, now you're just grasping at straws lol. I at NO point have told mag 2 run his server any specific way. all Ive done is ask him how he wants things done on HIS server. him and I were even talking on vent for a while and he was expressing his total dis pleasure for a certain admin who had been giving himself stuff non stop. mag himself said that, giving yourself stuff with admin is not how the admin should be used and that he will remove it from those who abuse it. if you wana call me out on shit bears, get your facts strait. as I said before, I have no beef with you, so quit trying 2 fabricate 1 with me. say something that's truth or say nothing at all. I respect mag, and follow his rules and how he wants things done, as I do with zero's rules and servers.

OMGBEARS
01-11-2011, 05:24 PM
It's mainly the fact that no one else really cares all too much; it's minecraft.

Have fun in your corner of the world, and everyone else will have fun in theirs.

maynard
01-11-2011, 05:26 PM
It's mainly the fact that no one else really cares all too much; it's minecraft.

Have fun in your corner of the world, and everyone else will have fun in theirs.

something like 6 ppl have complained about JSS now... and seeing how no 1 is complaining about you, why are you even going on about this? honestly. if you don't like survival mode and the way mags server is then go make your own.

and mag does in fact have a prob with ppl giving them self stuff, an that's all that matters in the end...

OMGBEARS
01-11-2011, 05:34 PM
They came first for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and by that time no one was left to speak up.

EDIT-

JSS is a communist.

jssaylor2007
01-11-2011, 05:41 PM
Ahahaha

ETA: Plus its not like i have made stuff and hoarded it... Anyone who has asked for something has gotten it, and truthfully I dont care bc who wants to sit around and break 5 mil rocks so you can build a wall. If you do good for you, but I'd rather just build n explore caves.

&&toasties
01-11-2011, 06:04 PM
I could care less what Tentoes does (except when he murders me in cold blood! that jerk!) But boohoo. I respawn, and go attack him back. We were cracking up this morning. Christmas and I are sharing what we get and are helping each other. When Alex accidentally burned down my island, Christmas, Alex, James, and Tentoes helped me put it out and recover. I'm now preparing my land to build on! Anyways, Tentoes is playing the game how its fun to him. It doesn't interfere with my game play, unless he twleports next to me and scares the shit out of me with his penis skin...lawlz.

maynard
01-11-2011, 06:13 PM
Anyways, Tentoes is playing the game how its fun to him.

lol.. not anymore.

Solarsoul
01-11-2011, 06:16 PM
Damn Maynard you must be butthurt or really like feeding the trolls, which is it?:lmao:

&&toasties
01-11-2011, 06:39 PM
lol.. not anymore.

I don't understand.

He's still having fun.

So how is he not playing for fun?

Is it because It's not your idea of fun?

Reality check, not everyone is an uptight gamer such ad yourself.

Just let us have fun in our own ways.

We're not hurting anything.

maynard
01-11-2011, 06:41 PM
I don't understand.

He's still having fun.

So how is he not playing for fun?

Is it because It's not your idea of fun?

Reality check, not everyone is an uptight gamer such ad yourself.

Just let us have fun in our own ways.

We're not hurting anything.

you realize it's not my server right? and that I'm just following the guidelines set forth by mag (the server owner) there's really nothing more 2 discuss.

&&toasties
01-11-2011, 06:50 PM
you realize it's not my server right? and that I'm just following the guidelines set forth by mag (the server owner) there's really nothing more 2 discuss.

Then I ask you what SolarSoul did...

Why keep antagonising?

maynard
01-11-2011, 07:04 PM
Then I ask you what SolarSoul did...

Why keep antagonising?

the hell you talking about. I haven't talked 2 him at all other then our brief argument the other day.

read up, he's trolling me not the other way around. and what he did the other day was claim a class was op that's not even remotely close 2 being OP. and I Got annoyed with it cause I Read the same shit from meat heads on a daily basis and they never know wtf they're talking about. granted solar said he didn't mean OP as in over powered, but on WCS that's what it means, just as it does on pretty much any MMO/RPG... he just meant that it's a really good class apparently though.... but never the less he used the wrong wording... which lead 2 whatever you wana call it.

&&toasties
01-11-2011, 07:18 PM
the hell you talking about. I haven't talked 2 him at all other then our brief argument the other day.

read up, he's trolling me not the other way around. and what he did the other day was claim a class was op that's not even remotely close 2 being OP. and I Got annoyed with it cause I Read the same shit from meat heads on a daily basis and they never know wtf they're talking about. granted solar said he didn't mean OP as in over powered, but on WCS that's what it means, just as it does on pretty much any MMO/RPG... he just meant that it's a really good class apparently though.... but never the less he used the wrong wording... which lead 2 whatever you wana call it.

Whatever you were trying to say, you're still antagonising.

You had no reason to comment the way you did on my post.

I did read the whole...there was a whole lotta QQ'ING and bashing...from one side.

Most people were being quite civil.

maynard
01-11-2011, 07:24 PM
Whatever you were trying to say, you're still antagonising.

You had no reason to comment the way you did on my post.

I did read the whole...there was a whole lotta QQ'ING and bashing...from one side.

Most people were being quite civil.

Id love for you 2 show me where I talk about solar on this thread?

serious, plz show me, I just checked the past 5 pages, where exactly are these things you're seeing? I talked about bears, and I talked about JSS, nothing else.

Christmas
01-11-2011, 07:31 PM
The fact remains:

Jss has a power only two others have. There is a reason mag made it so we don't have infinite items.

&&toasties
01-11-2011, 08:51 PM
Id love for you 2 show me where I talk about solar on this thread?

serious, plz show me, I just checked the past 5 pages, where exactly are these things you're seeing? I talked about bears, and I talked about JSS, nothing else.

I wasn't indicating Solar specifically.

I apologise for the misunderstanding.

jonny5v
01-13-2011, 12:41 PM
Patch was released, server needs to be updated. :)

taz1stP
01-13-2011, 01:52 PM
Patch was released, server needs to be updated. :)

hey man we got this tread put into the server section