PDA

View Full Version : Some updates coming later tonight

ZERO
01-06-2011, 03:09 PM
We will be updating to a new version that will include some new features. For example your race will be auto assigned to your last used upon joining. Other slight improvements in code as well as performance.

This will be tested on the test server first to ensure that it does not break anything.

Races will also have hard coded descriptions after this update. Currently a translation system is used but due to the number of changes that we make to our races the other languages will not be accurate. In addition using such a system forces me to deal with a bunch of files and over complicates things. As I already make changes to the races by manually editing the file it is easier to just edit and handle the description there. (in theory this should also improve performance as the system has less work to do as well)

Superman
01-06-2011, 04:28 PM
Sweet!

jonny5v
01-06-2011, 05:58 PM
ZERO! might wanna take a look at Human and Flame Pred being able to buy shopmenu cloak. Makes it impossible to see them cause the cloak actually STACKS:x

maynard
01-06-2011, 06:04 PM
very nice

ZERO
01-06-2011, 06:12 PM
ZERO! might wanna take a look at Human and Flame Pred being able to buy shopmenu cloak. Makes it impossible to see them cause the cloak actually STACKS:x

Please report this in the individual threads for those races so that we can make a change or keep it as is as this was how it was before (as far as I can see in the programs)

ZERO
01-06-2011, 10:27 PM
Due to delays in file transfers update may not be till tomorrow.

CYBER
01-07-2011, 11:01 AM
regarding the race autoassign ,
is it when u first join the server?
or at the beginning of every map?

bcos if its the ladder i dnt really like it :P considering i usually specifically chose my race based on the map before people occupy the race i wanted, if restricted:)

ZERO
01-07-2011, 01:25 PM
No it will work exactly like before. It will set your race to the last used on each map. If you want to do that you will need to changerace before the map change.

CYBER
01-07-2011, 02:15 PM
No it will work exactly like before. It will set your race to the last used on each map. If you want to do that you will need to changerace before the map change.

gotcha, will be tricky tho, since the map usually ends without warning unless checking urself, then u;d be rushing to spend ur current cash on tomes:P

i understand what u mean tho, it has to be like before.. could use a warning that this is the last round tho :P i;ll have to let ppl warn me then :P

Superman
01-07-2011, 04:13 PM

The only problem I see with this, just like last time, if there are more that the number of allotted players, the system doesn't FORCE you to change, it only ask's that you change, you can simply go to another menu and close it out, thus, you possibly could have 2 vagabonds or 10 spiderman's on 1 team.

ZERO
01-07-2011, 05:55 PM
That is how the shitty es version worked it will FORCE you to change in that it will just not ASSIGN one. Here is what the developer said:
ZERO: a person that just joined could squeeze someone out of their original race?

only during map change

other conflicts are resolved by time played on server, longer player gets priority

ZERO
01-07-2011, 05:56 PM
The test server is now updated to the latest version