View Full Version : 019 Hell Hunter [50] v1.1.0

ZERO
01-10-2011, 12:02 AM
Hell Hunter
Required Level: 50
Levels per ability: 4
Item Restrictions: NONE
(elite only)
6908Searing Fire Arrows: 8-22% chance to slow target area 50% for 5-11 seconds and do a small amount of dmg
6977Poison Smoke Bombs: Smoke Grenades That do Damage
6910Fire Grenades: Grenades that start a Large FIre when they Explode
6928Spark Flash Bangs: Teleport to Where your Flashbang Detonates
6927Anti Fall Damage: Protection Against Fall Damage
6909Dual Rapid Fire: Your Elites Become Two Mini Machine Guns with No Recoil

http://www.ibisgaming.com/wcs_stats/player.php?id=11908

Initial Release

Fixed crash caused by switching to this race and then respawning with scroll of respawn.

Improved programing of stuck detection
Increased fire rate on ultimate
Made it so all players hear the arrows sound effect

Patched some bugs/improved coding
Made it so that the duration of arrows if leveled from 5-11seconds.

Improved programing of weapon removal to reduce crashes.

Improved programing of ultimate for increased performance
Improved coding of ammo during ultimate
Made fire arrows set players on fire and deal a very small amount of damage (chance to do 1-3 damage)
Improved coding of sound effect

Updated to prevent ultimate use if within 30ft of an immunity.

Improved performance of hit based abilities
Improved filtering to prevent ability dmg stacking

Updated weapon removal code
Added extra code for ensuring safe removal of primary

Race now on RESTORED VERSION
Updated to best weapon removal code

acolyte_to_jippity
01-10-2011, 12:03 AM
ohhhh FUCK YEAH!

so what exactly does the arrows do?

ZERO
01-10-2011, 01:54 AM
I need people to test the smoke nades to see if they damage people or what is going on with them. Note that as this race is being made from scratch we are only testing the physical abilities as there is no effects as of now.

ZERO
01-10-2011, 01:54 AM
ohhhh FUCK YEAH!

so what exactly does the arrows do?

They never worked so no one knows...

I might just make something up :smirk:

maynard
01-10-2011, 02:02 AM
ohhhh FUCK YEAH!

+1:wtg: ill test it tomorrow.

They never worked so no one knows...

lol

ZERO
01-10-2011, 02:38 AM
Ok so I got the posion smoke nades finished, got the effect and everything. Works exactly like it did before! So play around with it if you want. There is a lot of work left to do but for now I am calling it a night on this.

maynard
01-10-2011, 05:04 AM
couldn't get the ultimate 2 work. thought maybe it was my binding but I Jumped on human and my ultimate worked fine. nothing happens when I use ultiamte on hell hunter.

the smoke grenades look great.

CYBER
01-10-2011, 08:44 AM
Ok so I got the posion smoke nades finished, got the effect and everything. Works exactly like it did before! So play around with it if you want. There is a lot of work left to do but for now I am calling it a night on this.
will get on testing this as soon as i get off from university in 4 hours ...
regarding the ultimate ,do u HAVE to be equipping the dualies for it to work? or does it equip it temporary for u when u +ultimate? (sry i wasnt around the race before... and since the ultimate aint working as maynard said, i wouldnt be able to know if am doing it right.)

acolyte_to_jippity
01-10-2011, 09:33 AM
will get on testing this as soon as i get off from university in 4 hours ...
regarding the ultimate ,do u HAVE to be equipping the dualies for it to work? or does it equip it temporary for u when u +ultimate? (sry i wasnt around the race before... and since the ultimate aint working as maynard said, i wouldnt be able to know if am doing it right.)

you get dualies, and nades (depending on your skills) and a knife. that's it when you play this class

CYBER
01-10-2011, 09:48 AM
you get dualies, and nades (depending on your skills) and a knife. that's it when you play this class

looks like an overral decent class then, if u get the nades for free i mean... else, its kinda expensive every round.

are there items to get flashbangs and smoke? like the gloves of warmth for the He nade?

acolyte_to_jippity
01-10-2011, 09:58 AM
are there items to get flashbangs and smoke? like the gloves of warmth for the He nade?

no.

it's an ambush class. you use your hanful ofteles to get you to a good spot, then rape people w/ your uzis.

aztec if the classic hellhunter map, and you'll see why

CYBER
01-10-2011, 10:45 AM
cant wait to try it out then.

BladeTwinSwords
01-10-2011, 11:28 AM
Hell Hunter is one of my all-time favorite races.

You got more than 1 grenade. I believe it was 4 flash and he and 2 poison.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-10-2011, 12:25 PM
Hell Hunter is one of my all-time favorite races.

You got more than 1 grenade. I believe it was 4 flash and he and 2 poison.

i thought you got 1 nade / skill level (i.e. lv. 4 flash gave 4 flashes, lv. 3 smoke gave 3 smoke...etc)

ZERO
01-10-2011, 01:49 PM
Yea it is one nade per skill, you get up to 4 of each. The smoke ability is the only one programed right now. Everything else is still in development as indicated by the colors on the first post.

ZERO
01-10-2011, 06:59 PM
Fire nades are now done! It took a while to figure it out but I got it to work just like before!

ZERO
01-10-2011, 07:54 PM
Flash teleport is done. Now works exactly as before with 1 change. You will no longer get stuck in objects. Teleport will fail if your going to get stuck. This technology will later been implemented into races that have respawn so that if they respawn into an object they will be teleported back to spawn.

If there are any problems such as it not teleporting when it should let me know. It generates sparks for 5 seconds at the location just like before so you can use that to reference if you would get stuck.

ZERO
01-10-2011, 11:15 PM
OK, I wanted to address why the fire is small. Originally I was making an awesome fire that looked really cool, however there was a problem. B/c this was a "real" fire on the map it could set other things on fire, like the bomb site. This resulted in an exploit where if the nade went off on the bomb site the bomb site could catch on fire and would stay on fire forever. To prevent this glitch we instead simply drop a knife and set that on fire. It is pretty lame but it is better than having the exploit.

I should also note that you can teleport on top of the map just like before.

ZERO
01-10-2011, 11:17 PM
Anti fall damage is done, you now will get 25-100% of your health back after a fall.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-11-2011, 12:16 AM
OK, I wanted to address why the fire is small. Originally I was making an awesome fire that looked really cool, however there was a problem. B/c this was a "real" fire on the map it could set other things on fire, like the bomb site. This resulted in an exploit where if the nade went off on the bomb site the bomb site could catch on fire and would stay on fire forever. To prevent this glitch we instead simply drop a knife and set that on fire. It is pretty lame but it is better than having the exploit.

I should also note that you can teleport on top of the map just like before.

can you increase range of the fire? ...or maybe spawn a 2X2 box of knives (invisible) all on fire?

ZERO
01-11-2011, 12:24 AM
Actually I did not think to make them invisible, I will try that and make a few of them. Good idea!

Note that it will not make the fire higher...

maynard
01-11-2011, 12:33 AM
OK, I wanted to address why the fire is small. Originally I was making an awesome fire that looked really cool, however there was a problem. B/c this was a "real" fire on the map it could set other things on fire,

lol

2 hell with saving the hostages on office, just be hell hunter and burn the entire bulding down ^^

BladeTwinSwords
01-11-2011, 02:09 PM
lol

2 hell with saving the hostages on office, just be hell hunter and burn the entire bulding down ^^

Don't forget to bring plenty of ammo :pistols:

acolyte_to_jippity
01-11-2011, 05:06 PM
Don't forget to bring plenty of ammo :pistols:

ult. it up lol.

i'd say zero shouldn't try implementing the fire for the uzis. just think of how many knives that woul be? oh my god! the server would fucking melt

and don't worry about the height of the flames. they're not an anti-flying tool. your flak gun ult. is. but i'd say maybe reudce damage w/ poison smoke, an increase slowdown. they never killed anyone before, just made them slow to a fucking crawl.

maynard
01-11-2011, 06:28 PM
the smoke nades did dmg 2 ppl before.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-11-2011, 06:44 PM
the smoke nades did dmg 2 ppl before.

i know. but it was miniscule. the real thing about the smokes was that it slowed you down so much. it just feels like there's too much damage, not enough slow to them.

though it is nice to see that they stack

ZERO
01-11-2011, 06:45 PM
New fire nade effect! I did it this way so that it would be bigger. Hopefully you guys think it looks cool. I combined a lot of effects together to make it look like this. This method also GREATLY reduces load on the server and client.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-11-2011, 06:50 PM
New fire nade effect! I did it this way so that it would be bigger. Hopefully you guys think it looks cool. I combined a lot of effects together to make it look like this. This method also GREATLY reduces load on the server and client.

looks nice. need to increase range of damage area though. if you're not standing directly on top of the blast mark, you'll hear the damage sound but take nothing.

maynard
01-11-2011, 07:13 PM
looks nice. need to increase range of damage area though. if you're not standing directly on top of the blast mark, you'll hear the damage sound but take nothing.

I'm pretty sure that's how it was before.

ZERO
01-11-2011, 08:30 PM
Yep it always had a small area of damage effect.

ZERO
01-11-2011, 09:43 PM
Fire arrows are now done! Now there is only the ultimate left!

Solarsoul
01-11-2011, 11:30 PM
Fire arrows are now done! Now there is only the ultimate left!

Arrows are badass it give you the chance to really drop a hurting on a large group of people, cant wait to play this race i wanna be the first to level it :)

BladeTwinSwords
01-11-2011, 11:51 PM
Arrows are badass it give you the chance to really drop a hurting on a large group of people, cant wait to play this race i wanna be the first to level it :)

Nope, that will more than likely go to me or aco :smirk:

ZERO
01-12-2011, 12:22 AM
I got the infinite amo to work but I can not figure out how to make them full auto, no recoil or rapid fire...

acolyte_to_jippity
01-12-2011, 12:50 AM
I got the infinite amo to work but I can not figure out how to make them full auto, no recoil or rapid fire...

how did wcs do it?

and didn't you say you could create custom weaps with the new war3 system? if so, could you define a custom weap using dualies model, give it rapid fire, and a small recoil size, then basically force player to drop dualies and give them uzi?

at end simply reverse it

ZERO
01-12-2011, 12:53 AM
Does not really work like that I can see what ent properties are being edited in the original but the meanings and indexes have changed in the OB. This is actually very complex to do and will likely require actually tracking data on individual frames of the game, spoofing client send data and on the fly modifying ent data.

I literally have been trying to figure it out for over 5 hours and got no where.

ZERO
01-12-2011, 05:06 AM
All abilities finished and in final settings. Note the fire rate is lower that is as fast as it can go now. I have increased the fire time a little bit at each level to compensate.

Please do final quality and balance check before release.

Jeimuzu
01-12-2011, 08:55 AM
Tested the Hell Hunter with my cousin, the only things we found are that the flash grenade sometimes flashes you when you teleport, or maybe that's because we were in the same room that we threw the flash bangs.

Another thing we found is that the ultimate's fire that it leaves on the ground doesn't hurt anyone. Is it supposed to be that way?

Otherwise, everything works.

Tickle Me Emo
01-12-2011, 09:32 AM
Tested the Hell Hunter with my cousin, the only things we found are that the flash grenade sometimes flashes you when you teleport, or maybe that's because we were in the same room that we threw the flash bangs.

Another thing we found is that the ultimate's fire that it leaves on the ground doesn't hurt anyone. Is it supposed to be that way?

Otherwise, everything works.

If you're in normal flashing range you will get flashed by your own flashbang, same as any other race, but if it's teleporting you and then flashing you, that's an issue.

The ultimate's fire was always just a visual effect, no damage done.

Solarsoul
01-12-2011, 02:45 PM
If you're in normal flashing range you will get flashed by your own flashbang, same as any other race, but if it's teleporting you and then flashing you, that's an issue.

The ultimate's fire was always just a visual effect, no damage done.

the fire from grenades does hurt you for like 3 seconds, and with the flash its suppose to be a brief flash.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-12-2011, 03:17 PM
actually, you're suppose to be immune to the first flash from your nades. after that it is the entire flash duration.

the fire nades eal good damage, in a small area within the flames. but you hear "hits" from them even when it doesn't eal amage. they're more like alarms than anything. give you an opportunity to detect approaching enemies, poison nae them (make them move SLOW) and run/uzi them to bitches

Blackmage
01-12-2011, 03:22 PM
If you drop or die,while in ulti, the dualies will stay with 200 rounds. If you pick up another, or buy another for some reason, while in ulti, they will work fine. The start of the next round does reset them to 30. Not saying there is anything wrong, just stating my observations there.

The fire image of the ultimate is just an image, not supposed to do damage.

Aco: are you sure you're not just taking armor damage?

maynard
01-12-2011, 07:41 PM

yup. that's how it was before also.

ZERO
01-13-2011, 12:06 AM
Is now being added!

Blackmage
01-14-2011, 11:30 PM
If you survive a round and switch to this race, AND have a secondary weapon, you don't spawn with the dualies, only your knife and nades.

ZERO
01-14-2011, 11:38 PM
Do you spawn with them the next round?

Blackmage
01-15-2011, 01:07 AM
Ok, found out I was wrong. You spawn with them: changing from Vaga/Flame Pred or any other race that wouldn't spawn you a secondary weapon if you had none. If you are playing a race that could have a secondary weapon, you try to spawn that one, and drop it.

You DO get one next round.

CYBER
01-15-2011, 02:50 AM
when u respawn by BM or scroll, u dnt get any nades whatsoever... please tell me thats a glitch and not how its "retardedly" supposed to work?

ZERO
01-15-2011, 04:44 AM
that is strange as the nades are given at spawn and thus should be gotten even if you respawn.

ZERO
01-15-2011, 05:51 PM

Fixed crash caused by switching to this race and then respawning with scroll of respawn.

ZERO
01-17-2011, 07:44 PM
I figured out how to adjust weapon fire rate! I will set it to fire 10x faster than normal and will update when we release the next patch to the server. You can see it on the test server until then.

CYBER
01-17-2011, 10:50 PM
I figured out how to adjust weapon fire rate! I will set it to fire 10x faster than normal and will update when we release the next patch to the server. You can see it on the test server until then.

it's still no recoil tho right?
nice! now i feel like spray and praying ppl :smirk:

acolyte_to_jippity
01-17-2011, 11:55 PM
it's still no recoil tho right?
nice! now i feel like spray and praying ppl :smirk:

oh, it had recoil. but now it'll be like it used to. and throw out enough bullets to make the shitty recoil a non-issue

edit: NOW THAT"S HOW YOU MAKE A FUCKING HELLHUNTER!! checked it out on test server. fire rate might be a tad high, but otherwise fuck yeah

ZERO
01-19-2011, 03:39 PM

Improved programing of stuck detection
Increased fire rate on ultimate
Made it so all players hear the arrows sound effect

ZERO
01-24-2011, 02:55 PM

Improved programing of weapon removal to reduce crashes.

ritalin
01-27-2011, 03:29 AM
The ultimate cooldown is way to long, making this class alot weaker then others since its limited to only duelies.

Sugestion:
Shorten the rapid fire effect and the cooldown.

maynard
01-27-2011, 04:56 AM
The ultimate cooldown is way to long, making this class alot weaker then others since its limited to only duelies.

Sugestion:
Shorten the rapid fire effect and the cooldown.

dualies pwwn, learn 2 aim.:pistols:

ZERO
01-27-2011, 03:41 PM
Yea this class was really buffed in the new wcs. The old one had the same cooldown but with a shorter duration. Also it had no searing arrows ability as it was broken and the flash teleport would often get you stuck in walls where you would die. Almost as bad was the anti fall damage that also did not work at all.

BladeTwinSwords
01-27-2011, 03:53 PM
Yea this class was really buffed in the new wcs. The old one had the same cooldown but with a shorter duration. Also it had no searing arrows ability as it was broken and the flash teleport would often get you stuck in walls where you would die. Almost as bad was the anti fall damage that also did not work at all.

Anti-fall damage did work. Thing is that it negated ALL damage.

ritalin
01-27-2011, 04:08 PM
its nearly impossible to kill 3+ people at the same time unless ultimate is ready :/

:ninja:

ZERO
01-27-2011, 06:02 PM
This race is not meant to run into the enemy it is meant to sneak attack. Also you can easily kill 3+ people at once. Just toss a flash bang and bang teleport there + kill everyone.

maynard
01-27-2011, 06:06 PM
Just toss a flash bang and bang teleport there + kill everyone.

lol ya beat me 2 it.

just keep practicing with the dualies till you get decent with them. they're pretty bad ass. and with the fire and smoke nades you can block off areas, or prevent people from getting 2 you, then with the flash you can teleport any where quick. this class can throw quite a twist on things for people if it's used correctly.

ZERO
02-03-2011, 07:26 PM

Improved programing of ultimate for increased performance
Improved coding of ammo during ultimate
Made fire arrows set players on fire and deal a very small amount of damage (chance to do 1-3 damage)
Improved coding of sound effect

ZERO
02-10-2011, 03:15 PM

Updated to prevent ultimate use if within 30ft of an immunity.

Hitman
02-13-2011, 10:07 PM
zero, the skill has 24 levels not 50

50 is the required level to obtain Hell Hunter....

you dummy......

ZERO
04-08-2011, 06:16 PM

Improved performance of hit based abilities
Improved filtering to prevent ability dmg stacking

ZERO
01-19-2012, 03:03 PM

Added extra code for ensuring safe removal of primary

ZERO
03-20-2012, 10:24 PM

Race now on RESTORED VERSION