PDA

View Full Version : [ADD] BunkerZone

Noodles
01-10-2011, 07:59 PM
With nothing to do but stare at my PC, I decided to give the Hammer Editor a shot. I had spent almost 2 and a half years making a whole new quest, similar to something on the scale of Mehrune's Razer (or whatever it was called) DLC, for TES4:Oblivion (which got deleted with a hard drive crash, I'll probably never touch Oblivion again) so I figured this shouldn't be too difficult.

Anyway, here is my first CS:S Map, designed specifically for GunGame.

This is JUST the layout, not the final version. The textures may look goofy, but once I get proper feedback on the layout, I will go through and properly texture the map.

Enjoy.

-Edit: I suppose some screencaps would be nice, huh? :P

Edit to the Edit:
Updated map file, properly packed and updated this time around. If the map will not load on the server, an admin (who can set sv_cheats 1) needs to load the map, set sv_cheats 1, then type nav_generate. It will generate the nav map file. Not sure if it was packed with this file or not.

Edit of the Edited Edit:
Reasons to put this map in rotation:
1) It's not some lame copypasta from gamebanana whatever.
2) I made it.
3) It's personally made by an IBIS member.
4) It's tailored specifically for gungame.
5) I made it.
6) Did I mention that it's not a map from gamebanana and that I personally made this map?

dice
01-10-2011, 09:33 PM
Once textured and finished, this map is going to be an absolute blast to play on. All the glass panels on the top platform are individually destructable.

Its a little big, but the style keeps it from being too spread out. Also, there are very few "campy" spots on this map and there are great angles for all types of weapons.

Definitely download this and check it out - I look forward to playing on it in our GG server when its finished!

acolyte_to_jippity
01-10-2011, 09:41 PM
Once textured and finished, this map is going to be an absolute blast to play on. All the glass panels on the top platform are individually destructable.

Its a little big, but the style keeps it from being too spread out. Also, there are very few "campy" spots on this map and there are great angles for all types of weapons.

Definitely download this and check it out - I look forward to playing on it in our GG server when its finished!

i...actally like it exactly as the screens show. good atmosphere

Noodles
01-10-2011, 10:34 PM
Thanks! Yea, the lights/atmosphere will stay the same, however I am unsure weather or not im going to keep those 'brick' textures. And of course I am not keeping the dev ones. I may actually make the lower floor lights a tad darker, to give a 'shadowy' feel to it, without being TOO horribly dark. There's also a secret room on the map. Not telling where it is, but it's there. Supposed to be my sig room, but I don't know if Pakrat properly packed the custom textures.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-10-2011, 11:16 PM
Thanks! Yea, the lights/atmosphere will stay the same, however I am unsure weather or not im going to keep those 'brick' textures. And of course I am not keeping the dev ones. I may actually make the lower floor lights a tad darker, to give a 'shadowy' feel to it, without being TOO horribly dark. There's also a secret room on the map. Not telling where it is, but it's there. Supposed to be my sig room, but I don't know if Pakrat properly packed the custom textures.

i really like the dev textures though

Noodles
01-11-2011, 02:34 AM
So what are the chances of throwing this map in to the gg rotation for commenting and playing? :)

the muffin man
01-16-2011, 05:42 AM
thhsi map is sweet. i may be sd runk now but i was siber whe3n ni played n and i love this map. shooting people thoruh floors and ckminbing up wLlslls and a lack of campmp- relianble spots but but a sh9ort measure of tghe awesomeness of this map. i would love to see this mapo on gg amd i think it would quickjly become a favorit amoing fellow playerxs,m, i cant wait to see whether this map is approved o rn not

hallwagner
01-16-2011, 06:42 PM
thhsi map is sweet. i may be sd runk now but i was siber whe3n ni played n and i love this map. shooting people thoruh floors and ckminbing up wLlslls and a lack of campmp- relianble spots but but a sh9ort measure of tghe awesomeness of this map. i would love to see this mapo on gg amd i think it would quickjly become a favorit amoing fellow playerxs,m, i cant wait to see whether this map is approved o rn not

i dont think you could possibly be a worse speller if you tried.

bigcraig77
01-18-2011, 04:39 PM
I like it. very balanced for every play style.

c-loc

Noodles
01-19-2011, 05:43 PM
so, any word on when zero will return to put this map in the rotation?

also: im currently trying to figure out why my pakrat wont pak my custom textures properly. theyre in my secret room, nothing to important. but the lack of boobs is :(

CYBER
01-19-2011, 11:03 PM
the map layout is gd, i dont care about textures HOWEVER the lighting is annoying me...
some ppl might like it, but i hate dim lighting bcos they give me a headache...
any chance someone can add some spotlights? or simply increase general lighting on map?
man i wish i knew how to do that myself :(

and zero will get back to this map and judge when he can... i had maps waiting for weeks before he had time to check them out... he's a one man army...and he has his own battle...more like war, with the war3mod and wcs

Noodles
01-21-2011, 05:44 PM
thanks cyber. being that this is my personal map, i can add anything, do anything i want with it :)

i really like the ambiance the lighting scheme gives off, however ill see what i can do about making it a tad brighter while keeping the ambiance as much as possible.

Noodles
02-22-2011, 11:50 PM
ive noticed zero on different threads as of late, how come zero wont respond to this thread? :/

Noodles
05-11-2011, 05:16 AM
Bump to regain attention. *hint hint zero*

the muffin man
05-12-2011, 02:33 AM
ya i'd still like to see this map get added to GG, its a lot of fun and the breakable floors add a special gameplay mechanic that makes it unique, it kinda feels like a mix between deagle and texture city, while still being different. It would be a lot of fun to play so i hope to see it get added eventually.

Noodles
05-12-2011, 02:55 AM
i personally feel that it is perfectly balanced for both small and large games, as well as preventing camping, as well as allowing for 'sneaky' knife kills. the floor layout allows for a fast pace yet doesnt blow your load in 3 seconds (like gg_shotty) its not overly large either; preventing a 20 minute manhunt for the last remaining guy.

if anyone has any ideas as how to texture it from what it is, let me know. im 100% unimaginative in the art department. i just know how to make the maps and create ambiance; which are far more important than measly peasly artwork.

if anyone would like to check the map out, hit me up on steam. ill see if itll work by hosting my own thing through cs:s itself; however should that fail ill work on setting up my own personal server once i move in to my new place and get my other pc up and running.