PDA

View Full Version : 022 Magician [130] v1.0.8

ZERO
01-16-2011, 03:48 PM
Magician
Required Level: 130
Levels per ability: 8
Item Restrictions: NONE (cloak when crow)
(m3,elite)
Levitation: 5-11% chance to shoot enemy into the air
6972Disappearing Dash : 15-33% chance to disappear for .8-1.3 sec
6925The Crow : 11-33% chance to turn into a crow when killed(with a five7)
6973Up in Smoke: Disappear in cloud of smoke, 30 sec on round start 30-10sec each additional use

http://www.ibisgaming.com/wcs_stats/player.php?id=11876

Initial Release

Fixed glitch where you would still be a crow but with the wrong model next round if you survived
Made it so you can toggle fly as a crow via +ability, note that when landed your weapon does no damage.

Fixed glitch of crow message being sent to the wrong player
Made ultimate bring you to the correct location

Improved programing of weapon removal to reduce crashes.

Changed coding of crow to prevent you from glitching it so that you get the powers of another race while being a crow at the same time.

Updated to prevent ultimate use if within 30ft of an immunity.

Patched 120 nade glitch set amo for five7 to 20 and 100.

Changed order of operations for weapon restrections to reduce crashes
Updated code of wepon removal

Race confirmed to be 100% updated to previous version now on restored version
Updated weapon removal code
Added sound every 3 seconds which broadcasts from location of crow if the crow has cloak, also goes off every time the crow lands and or takes off.
CROW NOW ALLOWED TO USE CLOAK

ZERO
01-16-2011, 06:25 PM
Everything but ultimate is done, please test it out!

Blackmage
01-16-2011, 10:10 PM
Only found one problem.

Survived round as a crow. Next round, I spawned with flight, and with crow restrictions (five7 only) instead of magician restrictions (m3, dualies only). Happens every time. Crow works fine, though.

Restrictions on crow and Magician work. The "no longer flying" glitch with the ulti does not.

Levitation is MEAN.

Up in smoke and Disapearing Dash both cause your guns, knife and something else, to not disappear.

ZERO
01-17-2011, 05:29 PM
How many people were on during this crow glitch?

Blackmage
01-17-2011, 06:45 PM
Myself and one other person.

ZERO
01-17-2011, 09:47 PM
Crow appears to be fixed now!

Now as for the ultimate. I really think it always was and despite adjustments I make still is basically useless and so I want to change it.

Here are some ideas, they are all based on the description of the ultimate (Up in Smoke) let me know what you think:

Teleport back to your spawn
Teleport to the closest team mate who is around the highest concentration of other team mates.

I do not want to make it a normal teleport b/c then it could be used offensively. The point of this ult is to get the player out of danger.

Blackmage
01-17-2011, 09:50 PM
I like the former (go back to spawn). The second ability sounds like it could have a race based around it.

ZERO
01-17-2011, 09:53 PM
Not the mention I would literally need to program the second one out of thin air. (Also that the maths and cpu work to process that would not be so nice..., however it is still an option)

maynard
01-17-2011, 09:57 PM
I'm glad you're redoing it. I was going 2 suggest it the other day cause as you said, it's always been a retarded ultimate lol.

I think teleporting 2 your team would be better. you never know where you're gonna end up, it has some randomness 2 it. as where going back 2 your spawn is just kinda... well boring, and depending on if your T or CT, it could end up being counter productive 2 use your ultimate which would not really add up. teleporting you 2 your team would keep it interesting, and wouldn't be just plunking you into your spawn and making you always have 2 back track.

ZERO
01-18-2011, 12:02 AM
Yea the randomness is actually why I came up with that idea. Another possible option is to simply go to the closest, furthest or location of a random teammate. These would in theory be easier to code and would be less work for the server.

maynard
01-18-2011, 12:17 AM
Yea the randomness is actually why I came up with that idea. Another possible option is to simply go to the closest, furthest or location of a random teammate. These would in theory be easier to code and would be less work for the server.

that's a good idea. if it's also going 2 be less work then I say go for it.

ZERO
01-18-2011, 10:52 PM
Ok so I came up with a new idea and I think it fits better with the race. To make the ability something with a bit of a magic twist you will go to your location at the end of the previous round! If you died last round it will be the location you died at. If it is the first round it will be your spawn.

maynard
01-18-2011, 10:53 PM
that mean on the first round of every map you can't use your ultimate then? and if we played like the first how ever many rounds and not died, we wouldn't have an ultimate for that time as well?

acolyte_to_jippity
01-18-2011, 10:58 PM
that mean on the first round of every map you can't use your ultimate then? and if we played like the first how ever many rounds and not died, we wouldn't have an ultimate for that time as well?

no, you'd have an ult. that took you back to spawn

maynard
01-18-2011, 11:05 PM
ah i c. misread.

Blackmage
01-18-2011, 11:11 PM
Ok, does it have multiple levels? If so, what do the levels in the ult do?

acolyte_to_jippity
01-18-2011, 11:15 PM
Ok, does it have multiple levels? If so, what do the levels in the ult do?

most likely (read: most likely) it will reduce cooldown slightly

CYBER
01-19-2011, 07:13 AM
Ok so I came up with a new idea and I think it fits better with the race. To make the ability something with a bit of a magic twist you will go to your location at the end of the previous round! If you died last round it will be the location you died at. If it is the first round it will be your spawn.

so if u died in enemy spawn, u will spawn with them next round? isnt that risky? or can u use ur ultimate to teleport back to spawn?
and what does the ultimate do if pressed during game? teleport u to a teammate? or spawn? or nthn ? got kinda confused over all the suggestions.

how about this suggestion? u give them x-y seconds to be in no-clip?
like his ultimate would be 5 or 10 seconds (depending on balance) of allowing them to run through walls or climb the air to a high location (at own risk if they fall after ultimate ends?)
it sounds like a fun ultimate considering his old shitty one, plus the race isnt that OP to begin with.
(for ppl concerned about glitching in map, i think zero found smthn to prevent ppl from spawning in objects? maybe he can use it to detect u got fucked and teleport u back to spawn? or heck, even leave them till end round or till another ultimate use, as a counterbalance for the ultimate

acolyte_to_jippity
01-19-2011, 09:42 AM
so if u died in enemy spawn, u will spawn with them next round? isnt that risky? or can u use ur ultimate to teleport back to spawn?
and what does the ultimate do if pressed during game? teleport u to a teammate? or spawn? or nthn ? got kinda confused over all the suggestions.

how about this suggestion? u give them x-y seconds to be in no-clip?
like his ultimate would be 5 or 10 seconds (depending on balance) of allowing them to run through walls or climb the air to a high location (at own risk if they fall after ultimate ends?)
it sounds like a fun ultimate considering his old shitty one, plus the race isnt that OP to begin with.
(for ppl concerned about glitching in map, i think zero found smthn to prevent ppl from spawning in objects? maybe he can use it to detect u got fucked and teleport u back to spawn? or heck, even leave them till end round or till another ultimate use, as a counterbalance for the ultimate

no, you press ult. an it will take you back to either where you died last round, or your spawn if you survived the round

ritalin
01-19-2011, 01:22 PM
Wrong Wrong Wrong.. all of these ideas can be manipulated by one to an unfair advantage.

You teleport back to the closest teamate or team - middle of gunfire you die, get stuck in vents, or walls etc..

Teleport to spawn - get hosties nd gg..

Teleport to a place where you died - Enemy spawn every time or right behind where they usually face the my team.. or Bombsite.. plant gg.

My idea -

Re do the whole class-
Instead of crow being an ability, let it be an ultimate. Something like warden except you come back as a crow 100% of the time. Also let crow walk/fly only when pressed ultimate again. Its nearly impossible to kill in the air, especialy with 5/7.
For other 3 abilities.. idk get creative, come up with something that would fit a "magician".

ZERO
01-19-2011, 01:27 PM
No once again here is how it will work:

It will take you back to your location at the end of the previous round. If you died in the previous round it will be the location you died. If it is the first round you will be taken back to spawn.

ritalin
01-19-2011, 01:41 PM
but if you die or where the last location before the round ended..in Enemy Spawn/ Bombsite/ Hosties Room you will pretty much set yourself up as mole except you know where your going and when.

Example:
Map: Office
Team: CT
I hide in the back of the hosties room right before the round ends. 10 seconds into the round i press my ultimate and spawn there. grab the hosties and pretty much kill the whole T's team cause I am able to sneak up behind all of them.
If that is your goal of the race then we can start testing it as soon as you apply the changes.

ZERO
01-19-2011, 01:45 PM
Your assuming that there is no cooldown for this ultimate... or should I say your thinking the cooldown will only be 10 seconds.

These are issues of balancing and overall game play strategy. The mole also takes you back to your opponents spawn. If people tried using this ability that way it would not work out in their favor so easily.

ZERO
01-19-2011, 02:49 PM
Ok the new ult is ready for testing. I have tested it and was not able to get stuck in anything.

ZERO
01-19-2011, 03:16 PM
NEW DISCOVERY!

I have developed a more efficient way of dealing with players getting stuck on objects. This method will lead to NO false positives and will also require LESS CPU and server RESOURCES!

All races that respawn will have there code changed to this new method.

ZERO
01-19-2011, 05:43 PM
All abilities completed all effects completed.

maynard
01-19-2011, 09:51 PM
just got a pm being told that the crow doesn't work. you stay as a person, with 1 hp, and can't fly apparently.

ZERO
01-20-2011, 01:22 AM

Fixed glitch where you would still be a crow but with the wrong model next round if you survived
Made it so you can toggle fly as a crow via +ability, note that when landed your weapon does no damage.

Blackmage
01-20-2011, 01:51 AM
Aditional notes on the +ability: Knife IS a weapon, so is bomb, sort of, you can't plant bomb while "walking", you have to fly to do that. Haven't been able to try defusing yet.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-20-2011, 02:01 AM
well, i'm pretty sure zero meant for the knife to be unusable.

Blackmage
01-20-2011, 02:24 AM
Didn't say errors, said notes :) Some people don't consider knife when you say "weapon" in this game.

...On the bug topic: Ulti only teleports me to where I was when round ended during round over time. Any time I use it during a round, doesn't matter if I survived, died or crow'd previous round, I end up at spawn. This ONLY happens in the regular server, Test server is fine. On both dust2 and Assault.

ZERO
01-20-2011, 04:35 PM

Fixed glitch of crow message being sent to the wrong player
Made ultimate bring you to the correct location

ZERO
01-24-2011, 02:56 PM

Improved programing of weapon removal to reduce crashes.

DJ_MikeyRevile
01-29-2011, 09:36 AM
so i was playing on De_port and re spawned as crow. as i was flying way up high getting to the bombsite the round ended and i fell and died subtracting from my overall score.

is there a way to set it so that this dosnt happen? i also can pick up other weapons ect at the end of each round (only when as a crow)

acolyte_to_jippity
01-29-2011, 03:50 PM
wait, crow can't pick up weaps?

DJ_MikeyRevile
01-29-2011, 04:13 PM
wait, crow can't pick up weaps?

lol no, but after a round ends and coolsdown for the next you turn back to human and can pick up all sorts of weapons for a split second.. the big problem i see though is that if you are mid flight and the round ends.. you fall and die.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-29-2011, 04:40 PM
lol no, but after a round ends and coolsdown for the next you turn back to human and can pick up all sorts of weapons for a split second.. the big problem i see though is that if you are mid flight and the round ends.. you fall and die.

crow should be able to pick them up. like, f'reals. that was a huge part of the race

CYBER
01-29-2011, 05:04 PM
crow should be able to pick them up. like, f'reals. that was a huge part of the race

yeah, its bad enough that its hard as fuck to shoot while flying with 1 hp lol...

acolyte_to_jippity
01-29-2011, 05:10 PM
yeah, its bad enough that its hard as fuck to shoot while flying with 1 hp lol...

you're supposed to land an shoot.

CYBER
01-29-2011, 05:30 PM

too lazy ?:P

ZERO
01-30-2011, 06:04 PM

You do realize that that you do 0 damage when landed :banghead:

You can not pickup other items b/c it is restricted to the five seven. You spawn with the weapons your restricted to for that race at spawn. As a result death at the end of a round has no effect on you other than possibly any shop menu items you had. Other than that it does not effect rank which is only based on xp if using the stats or levels if using the war3 ranking.

CYBER
01-30-2011, 06:48 PM

You can not pickup other items b/c it is restricted to the five seven. You spawn with the weapons your restricted to for that race at spawn. As a result death at the end of a round has no effect on you other than possibly any shop menu items you had. Other than that it does not effect rank which is only based on xp if using the stats or levels if using the war3 ranking.

i know i could check this out myself, but when u kill someone as a crow, do u get xp? and when someone kills u as a crow do they get xp as well?

and aco, i knew i was better off shooting in mid air :P

ZERO
01-30-2011, 08:56 PM
yea it is no different than normal

CYBER
01-31-2011, 10:02 AM
yea it is no different than normal

thx for the quick reply.
i'm so busy at college these 2 last 2 weeks that i didnt log in to wcs that much:s but i'l be testing everything as soon as i can. thanks.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-31-2011, 10:11 AM

i...don't mean using the silly little +ability thing. i mean just flying down to the ground like before. and if you can't pick up other weaps, the race seems kinda useless now. it's main strength was the face that you could fly around and grab guns and shit. it sounds like you completely destroyed the class

ZERO
02-02-2011, 07:03 PM

Changed coding of crow to prevent you from glitching it so that you get the powers of another race while being a crow at the same time.

Hitman
02-07-2011, 05:22 PM
Zero you may want to check this glitch out.

Earlier on a player named Dev was using MAgician and he for some reason had unlimited nades. Smoke Flash and HE nades

ZERO
02-07-2011, 08:26 PM
Very strange as this race does not even give you those...

Was there anyone using hell hunter at that time? Did he use hell hunter that map?

Hitman
02-07-2011, 08:47 PM
Very strange as this race does not even give you those...

Was there anyone using hell hunter at that time? Did he use hell hunter that map?

No he did not. During the time I was on, I was worried that it might crash the server so I told people not to play magician until you said it was ok. I also told admins to kick people if they refuse to get off until they heard form me or you.

Dev pretty much stopped when I threatened to ban him.

The entire time on that map he was Magician only.

ZERO
02-07-2011, 10:20 PM
There is no way from a programing perspective that this could be done as a result of him being on this race. Do not block this race further.

Tickle Me Emo
02-07-2011, 11:39 PM
I'm not sure if anyone was Hell Hunter at the time, but this isn't the first time I've seen him with this bug, and he is Magician when he gets it. Then again, he plays Magician a lot, so there may be no connection, but it seems unlikely that both times it's happened that I've seen would just coincidentally be both on Magician. If I see it again I'll try to get more information.

ZERO
02-08-2011, 12:38 AM
Does he get infinite nades or does he just get a really high value like 120. I need exact numbers if there are any. Also does he get crow before this occurs.

If it really is only that race and always him he is likely exploiting something.

ZERO
02-10-2011, 03:06 PM

Updated to prevent ultimate use if within 30ft of an immunity.

Tickle Me Emo
03-31-2011, 04:45 PM
To resume our previous discussion ZERO, Den was on today spamming nades constantly, and said that it had to do with getting crow form. I said that it was not allowed to abuse a glitch, and he claims that you said it's perfectly OK, which I have my doubts about. In any case, full clarification would be nice, particularly if he's even brought it to your attention in an attempt to have it fixed rather than used to his liking.

ZERO
03-31-2011, 07:33 PM

Patched 120 nade glitch set amo for five7 to 20 and 100.

Suprise Butsexz
08-10-2011, 04:33 PM
Bird is complete invisible when a cloak is bought, just wondering if its supposed to be that way or somewhat visible.

ZERO
08-11-2011, 12:57 AM
I do not think there is any way to prevent that other than to remove that shopmenu item when you are a bird.

Masskid
08-17-2011, 07:00 PM
I do not think there is any way to prevent that other than to remove that shopmenu item when you are a bird.

+ it wont last that long XD its about till round end

devarmaya
09-21-2011, 05:14 PM
Certain items need to be disabled for this race when in crow form:

Cloak of Shadows: Model is completely invis, gun is roughly 50%
Health Item: Crow is suppose to have 1 Health right?
Regen Rings: Crow with +50 HP regens and hides/

Please see to these items being restricted. Thanks

maynard
09-21-2011, 05:26 PM
the only thing that should be limited is the cloak (when bird)... if people wana drop like 7k money for that 1 half round as a bird, they should be able 2... it also pretty much never happens cause it's just throwing money out the window.

Chikun
09-21-2011, 06:17 PM
the only thing that should be limited is the cloak (when bird)... if people wana drop like 7k money for that 1 half round as a bird, they should be able 2... it also pretty much never happens cause it's just throwing money out the window.

^^ This, also, it's more like 10k because I like to buy a ring, health, and a lace.

HypeRNT
01-16-2012, 11:00 AM
What i dont get is why this race is limited to a shotty and pistols... Its not overpowered in anyway and the birdie skill is very rare. It should be able to use any guns to make it more playable and so it could compete with all the other races that can use all the guns.

Blackmage
01-16-2012, 03:38 PM
It is because, generally, races that spawn with weapons are restricted to just that weapon. It's bird also happens a lot, people just often don't notice, as they die as collateral damage or the other team is getting stomped anyway.

I've never really considered this race weak, due to bird being fairly powerful, up in smoke leading to some silly things, levitation ruining days, disappearing dash... saving you once and a while I guess, and having a free real weapon upon spawn. Not as useful in mid game, but it has some niche uses. My take on it, is that this is not an "up front" class. You stay back, sniping with the shotgun, causing mayhem, or running in corridors with a shotgun.

maynard
01-16-2012, 04:36 PM
d the birdie skill is very rare.

lol no it's not... if you have maybe 1 point in that skill sure...

do you honestly ever have a clue as 2 what you're talking about?

HypeRNT
01-16-2012, 05:45 PM
lol no it's not... if you have maybe 1 point in that skill sure...

do you honestly ever have a clue as 2 what you're talking about?

Ur right why even post, clearly you know it all, and the birdy is hard to get, sometimes you get lucky and it pops up pretty often in a map, but its not like its an amazing skill considering you need money for items and in most cases due to items costing alot of money it is difficult to get it.

Bird aside, what is your arguement here? because i said bird is hard to get i am clueless? i play more then you, frag more then you, and ive been playing FPS game's for many many years now, including PRO leagues vs some of the best team's in the world in various different FPS games., can you say the same?

My last comment aside, i agree with blackmage for most of your post, but i still think you should be able to use any gun because none of his skills are overpowerd in anyway. His ult has a long cooldown and you kind of need your team to be winning to make a good use of it so you could leave your spwn. The other skills are also pretty decent but nothing that would suggest using a shotty and a pistol.. But what do i know, clearly nothing.

maynard
01-16-2012, 05:59 PM
Ur right why even post

agreed. Go away, your constant ignorance and QQ'ing is very annoying. not all races are supposed 2 be even, there's mediocre ones, far less than mediocre ones, good ones and epic ones. they all mesh together in the grand scheme of things. and cause you're some new kid on my server, you don't even have a fucking clue what the grand scheme of things is cause you haven't even played all the races or seen how the server is intended 2 work. granted we need 2 get the rest of the races out and that is being worked on, but you honestly have no clue as 2 wtf you're going on about.

crow isn't supposed 2 proc every time. it's set up the way it is for a reason, and we will also have more classes coming out down the line that are specific 2 using only 1 gun, like a deagle race and other various ones. Not every race is supposed 2 be as good as the other. now quit pretending you know everything.

and unless you've been gaming since the commodore 64 days, I don't care about the short time you've invested into the gaming world, as I'm sure the time you have is about as significant as the time you've put into WCS IBIS.

I also know you've been informed of this before, but I will tell you 1 last time.... we're not making any changes 2 the races till we have re-released all of them again and got them back 2 where we originally were.

Blackmage
01-16-2012, 06:53 PM
Bird topic: It's not supposed to be common, as it IS powerful, and doesn't need any items to be awesome. You may need a lace if there is a damager going around, but these people need cloak and health are just making stronger. All depends on the map, the enemies, and the players. However, given it only pops up every 3 rounds or so, and you don't need to really buy items in un-crow form, normally you'll have money. Again, it depends on how you play it.

For the last paragraph of your post. Actually, you don't need your team to be winning. One strategy I have, such as on nipperhouse, is to pick a mobile race, such as beast. Get into a good position, such as the basement. Next round, switch to magician, hide in your base. Ult out, wreck chaos from behind and below. Or if you have the bomb, surprise plant. All you need to do is die in a good place, enemy base if they camp, bomb site, tight corridor. Or just a position where you can get them chasing you and pop up right behind them.

Shotgun + abilities. First, one is an ontakedamage, one is an ondeath, so it doesn't matter for those two. One is an on damage, so shotgun works GREAT with levitation. Any ability that triggers on hitting your opponent + shotgun means much higher proc range than what is shown. The Ultimate works decently with the shotgun, since you don't know if there are enemies nearby, but also restricts you from using it while spraying. Would this be OP? Nope. Does it require better gameplay by the Magician? Yup. Then there's also the fact that spawning with a weapon strengthens a class for a few rounds, makes the race stronger when you are losing, so you don't have to buy a weapon/ankh each round and can buy items, or save money for a better class. Would you gain some from having any weapon? Yup. Would you lose some power? That too.

For the clueless, I'm going guess what his reasoning is, leaving out some of the more opinion based reasons. 1. Your comment on my not having played this server/race ect. 2. Not reading/knowing how warden's ability worked, assuming it dealt too little damage. Not sure why you thought it was 3 and not 5. 3. In your spiderman post, not being clear, and sounding like you're using an old tired excuse that we disagree with. 4. Wanting to remove things because you can't use them effectively. 5. Generally making posts without checking if similar things had been said.

Much of this comes down to not knowing the history of the server, and making assumptions based upon other servers. One of these you are solving by making the posts you are making. Probably could have done a little searching to find things out as well. The other comes down to us being unique. We don't have hundreds of races, the disparity in strength of the races isn't that huge, and most where it seems to be is because they are niche races. Our leveling system is different, and some races act differently than on other servers.

Someone really should make a "this is our server's history" post sometime...

For credentials, born in '87, Started computer/board/card gaming in '89, FPS in '93, game testing in '97, programming in 98/99, the number and range of games I've played is large. Not sure when I started playing CS anymore, started playing warcraft mods about a year before CS:S was released. I've also always held "pro" gamers in most games in contempt, as many of them are niche players who need certain rules in place to win, and many can be beaten by unexpected "bad" strategies.

Blackmage
01-17-2012, 04:17 PM
Testing indicates that this CAN'T get the spectator glitch, as the crow ability gave the text notice, but did not revive. Revives self with The Crow.

ZERO
01-19-2012, 03:14 PM

Changed order of operations for weapon restrections to reduce crashes
Updated code of wepon removal

Spasm
03-27-2012, 07:20 PM
Need some clarification by ZERO or Maynard...

Is the bird supposed to be able to buy ring cloak or health?
If so... is cloak turning the bird completely invisible working as intended?

I ask these questions because what once was a gimmick used rarely is becoming really common. Your now seeing terrible players playing the race on the losing side going this race just so they can buy those items and be almost impossible to kill. Say they die early and buy all those items, your looking at a bird that is completely invisible, extremely small hit box, flies, and has 150 hp and regens it.

CYBER
03-27-2012, 08:15 PM
intended or not . lets face it : magician is completely useless otherwise. probably one of the worst races if it wasnt for the crow that rarely activates... not to mention it would cost about 7 or 11k+ 2 have 2-3 of these items after they died

maynard
03-27-2012, 10:50 PM
magician is only useless if you suck with the shotty.

maynard
03-28-2012, 06:24 PM
restrict cloak and or all shop menu items for the bird.

cloak is glitching and causing 100% invis for the crow.

ZERO
03-28-2012, 08:31 PM
I am actually fine with this, a shotgun usually does the trick also if the crow shoots it gives away its position. Races that have freeze abilities can give away the crow location. The crow is already hard to get and those items cost a lot. The next xp transfer and effects are balanced.

brett friggin favre
03-28-2012, 08:36 PM
I am actually fine with this, a shotgun usually does the trick also if the crow shoots it gives away its position. Races that have freeze abilities can give away the crow location. The crow is already hard to get and those items cost a lot. The next xp transfer and effects are balanced.

thing is with freeze races, you're firstly assuming that the bird doesnt have a lace, and secondly since it's flying, it really only serves to distract people, thinking the bird is stuck in the freeze.

i don't see the problem in having the cloak work properly. a small bird with a cloak would still be pretty tough to spot, but not pure guesswork when it comes to shooting it.

Spasm
03-28-2012, 10:48 PM
No offense Zero, have you even played against this even once? Freeze races... Have you heard of the necklace?

I noticed you mentioned the money...people that are playing this don't buy items while regular, in fact they want to die so they might get the crow. The race comes with shotgun and dualies. They might be spending a little bit of cash on armor and that's even if they buy it. You can save up the money for the items real quick. A cloak can be bought every round and if you don't die soon, you'll have tons of items and your pretty much unstoppable.

No zero, a shotgun doesn't usually do the trick if they bought health or a ring. Good luck with that. I have seen the bird literally be the only one left with 8 players left on the other team and the invis regening 150 hp bird knife every single one of them. Taking maybe 15 damage. You call that balanced?

Even if they don't have a necklace they can't be frozen anyways. It just glitches because it's a flying race. It's imbalanced and a glitch that needs to be fixed, not just looked over because a few brand new people like it. If anything I have noticed that terrible players flock to it, because it literally caters to fail players. What a better thing then a race that rewards the player for sucking.

The ones of us that have been around for a while do not enjoy it, we view it as a glitch that is severely imbalanced.

maynard
03-28-2012, 10:53 PM
100% agree....

this race comes with free guns... so cloak costing 3k is kinda pointless as you never have 2 buy guns, you always got money.

all this glitch does is make people want 2 die, so they can exploit the crow now....

I would seriously suggest checking it out before making a final decision as it's a horrible glitch that literally makes people only care about the race so they can die and exploit the crow...

XX0wnsXY
03-29-2012, 12:15 AM
This is an exploit and completely unbalanced, imo. The only give away is when the bird shoots and you see the flare..add that to the tiny and hard to hit hitbox...you have yourself an invisi pistol race with 150 hp. Might as well be a flame pred with a pistol...that can fly...and is a midget. You get the point.

CYBER
03-29-2012, 12:54 AM
i personally didnt mind the idea at first, but after seeing it in game countless times, sry zero but i have to side with the guys here about it being an exploit.

i have seen it in my own eyes (mostly from "proud" players sending me their demos) of them being a 1 vs full team , and they end up planting the bomb and then shoot off any ppl that try to defuse it from distance, 1 by one, and knife them until either bomb explodes, the whole enemi dies, or the crow dies but the timer on the bomb is too short to defuse.

although the magician used to be a sucky class, just a step stone to get other classes, and was underpowered. and it costs money to buy the cloaks and shit, so i tried to "Exploit it" myself, and i noticed that collecting the money is unbelievably easy and even me, on a 10 year old crappy computer with 10 fps on average and a 20x sensitivity mouse blazing in all directions, i was able to solo 5 ppl and get out with a ~1.95 kdr that game... so i agree with the others that this class is the holy grail for noobs, and i strongly recommend that you try playing against this race when there are 1 or 2 of them on the loose, like when rev.maynard or brett or others jump on it, and then make a decision if u can kill them or not.

i strongly recommmend the claok does partial cloaking only, i personally dnt give a damn about the race, dnt like it whatsoever, and i can endure the pain of trying to kill those crows... but for the sake of the balance, these are my 2 cents.

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-29-2012, 06:00 AM
yea, it cant stay this way. It is being abused by everyone and there mother. Last night there was like 6 people playing magician on one team.

brett friggin favre
03-29-2012, 09:46 AM
yea, it cant stay this way. It is being abused by everyone and there mother. Last night there was like 6 people playing magician on one team.

better than the 4 human 4 spidey team i saw...lmao. unless half of them bird and have money for lace/ring/cloak. then you're boned...3 invisible guys shooting you.

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-29-2012, 12:04 PM
better than the 4 human 4 spidey team i saw...lmao. unless half of them bird and have money for lace/ring/cloak. then you're boned...3 invisible guys shooting you. Plain and simple Brett, it wasn't like that before orange box. It is being abused by an obnoxious amount of players and it is becoming a problem as the complaining never ends. I think our only hope here is to start a petition on whitehouse.gov if zero dosnt have a change of heart )=

Erdenay
03-29-2012, 09:59 PM
better than the 4 human 4 spidey team i saw...lmao. unless half of them bird and have money for lace/ring/cloak. then you're boned...3 invisible guys shooting you.

What he said. I'd much rather play against 6 magicians/4 magicians with a few birds rather than a team full of spiders/humans.

ZERO
03-29-2012, 10:05 PM
OK what I will try to do is create an intercept that prevents the shopmenu when you are a crow. I will work on this once it is this races turn to have the code resorted. :wtg:

maynard
03-29-2012, 10:39 PM
Thanks man.:wtg:

blackmail242
03-29-2012, 10:41 PM
Since you are going to be removing the shopmenu then would be able to allow the crow to shoot and stab while it is landed? I am talking +ability landed btw.

maynard
03-29-2012, 11:01 PM
Since you are going to be removing the shopmenu then would be able to allow the crow to shoot and stab while it is landed? I am talking +ability landed btw.

the crow should operate as it always has.... without glitches, or any kind extra bull shit. the crow is not supposed 2 be good, it's supposed 2 be fun.

HypeRNT
03-30-2012, 12:24 PM
the crow should operate as it always has.... without glitches, or any kind extra bull shit. the crow is not supposed 2 be good, it's supposed 2 be fun.

Usually those 2 go hand in hand, like im having fun when im doing good? or im doing good so im having fun. Personally this change wasnt really needed its not that hard to kill the bird, its a small chance for it to proc anyways. The race needed something fun like this because why else would you play it? to use a shotty? Remember buying cloak+lace+ring is alot of money which doesn't let u buy tomes. Crow has never been a problem i dont understand why it was changed. I play in the server all the time and i don't hear asmuch complaining about the crow as i hear about vaga/spidey/human/other OP races that never get nerfd. Would be simple fix by just limiting magician class to 1 or 2 per team.

If you guys are listening to this so called complaining by others, then we should see spidey having a race limit aswell as an ult CD as with putting a limit on human aswell, but somehow i don't see that happening. Since the bird cant use items anymore it should start with like 40 HP and have 2x chance to proc its levitation skill, but that's just a thought.

maynard
03-30-2012, 03:26 PM
the goal of the server is restoring it 2 it's former glory, not enabling and allowing retarded OP glitches 2 continue.

there's a reason all classes with 100% invis can't move when it's activated aside from 1... and that class has it on a short timer.

Nothing should have fly, 100% invis, and a weapon, that's beyond retarded. if you don't agree I could careless.

HypeRNT
03-30-2012, 04:19 PM
but it isnt 100 percent invis tho? you can see the knife.. and you can see the pistol even more... Yes its invis and small but thats about all it has going for it. People say well what if he buys a ring? what about it... do you know how long it takes for that ring to get you even to 50 hp? 40% of the round and thats not counting how long it takes you to die for the crow to proc in the first place. Most times i just buy health instead of the ring since the ring never regens me past 50 hp anyways.
I dont see this race being any different from vaga or spidey. Vaga can be invis, crit, fly around the map with a scout doing 1 hit kills while knifing ppl from any angle. Spidey rushing spwns with p90s while evading 300 dmg at a time. And the crow starting at 1 hp with a low chance to proc flying with a pistol which most ppl cant even shoot with and or know how to control the bird in the first place, i dont see a problem with that, like you said its for fun and having a crow thats a little harder to kill then normal is fun for me, but thats just my opinion.

If thats how it was in the older server then yeah, sure try to restore it, its magician we are talking about, not molecule,human,spidey,vaga, just magician who runs with a shotty that usually gets killed all the time on most maps with any decent range gun. I dont see the problem with it having 1 skill based on small chance that is fun to play while being somewhat productive for people that master it. We might aswell say that you can use shadow of the void with a mole since thats annoying, or use it on crackhouse since its ult goes thru walls, but thats what this race has going for it, without that, the reason's to play these types of races would be slim to none.

maynard
03-30-2012, 04:37 PM
the difference is that every other race is doing what they were programmed 2 do, as where this race glitched and isn't.

it's being fixed, and that's that.

you can type another short novel about things I could careless about if you want, but I'm done arguing with you.

Magician is NOT supposed 2 do that, it only is doing that due 2 a glitch in the coding or some shit, and it WILL be fixed as it's completely ridiculous.

quit qq'ing and bringing up other races, this is the Magician thread. I could careless what other races do as they are doing what they were intended 2 do.... Crow isn't hence why it's going 2 be fixed.

-end

DJ_MikeyRevile
03-30-2012, 05:44 PM
Can we change the bird skin to look like a pidgeon?

Masskid
03-31-2012, 04:20 PM
Can we change the bird skin to look like a pidgeon?

OMG! then i can kill ALL the pigeons!

blackmail242
04-01-2012, 03:46 PM
:/ alright I can understand removing the cloak but really? The entire shopmenu? I mean yeah its a crow, its hard to hit but a nade or any number of ultimates will kill it. at least restrict cloak and leave the health items

Erdenay
04-03-2012, 09:31 PM
I can understand removing the cloak (even though I don't believe that's necessary), but all shop menu items? Comon... This race is already quite underpowered and that would be pretty much the last blow. There are much, much stronger classes that could be nerfed and I really don't see why a lot of people want to remove the whole shop menu. Fine, take out cloak, but at least leave ring, health, etc. alone. It's not THAT hard to hit.

acolyte_to_jippity
04-03-2012, 09:37 PM
I can understand removing the cloak (even though I don't believe that's necessary), but all shop menu items? Comon... This race is already quite underpowered and that would be pretty much the last blow. There are much, much stronger classes that could be nerfed and I really don't see why a lot of people want to remove the whole shop menu. Fine, take out cloak, but at least leave ring, health, etc. alone. It's not THAT hard to hit.

wait, is the entire race's shopmenu disabled? i thought it was just the bird

blackmail242
04-03-2012, 10:37 PM
wait, is the entire race's shopmenu disabled? i thought it was just the bird I Heard from shady that Zero re-reversed his decision on this and that it's now ONLY the CLOAK that is RESTRICTED. Meaning health Items are a go! Although fallen makes a great point with his "Take away the shopmenu and give the damn thing an M4."

maynard
04-03-2012, 10:55 PM
lawl... keep dreaming.

blackmail242
04-03-2012, 10:59 PM
lawl... keep dreaming. o.o which part of that statement? the obvious M4 thing or the health Items?

maynard
04-03-2012, 10:59 PM
m4 part.

ZERO
04-06-2012, 02:43 PM
Well I will say that in theory doing this was possible on the old server but the shopmenu used to be used less before you could enter the items names in chat to buy them.

With that logic restricting the shop menu would actually be a change from how it was... perhaps I could make it so that cloak for that race only lasts X time or something. I could also make a slight change so that it crows when it lands and takes off. This or having it randomly crow could help make it more balanced while at the same time enabling all the fun.

In fact this could make it more inserting in that people would be listing for the crow should to help locate the bird. :smirk:

acolyte_to_jippity
04-06-2012, 03:31 PM
Well I will say that in theory doing this was possible on the old server but the shopmenu used to be used less before you could enter the items names in chat to buy them.

With that logic restricting the shop menu would actually be a change from how it was... perhaps I could make it so that cloak for that race only lasts X time or something. I could also make a slight change so that it crows when it lands and takes off. This or having it randomly crow could help make it more balanced while at the same time enabling all the fun.

In fact this could make it more inserting in that people would be listing for the crow should to help locate the bird. :smirk:

that's an excellent idea. but having a 100% invisible, flying, small, shooting target is too much. the cloak needs to be disabled. i don't think there is any room for argument there.

maynard
04-06-2012, 04:22 PM
can we not just fix cloak? it's not supposed 2 give 100% invis 2 anything... so obviously something has gone wrong, can't we just correct what went wrong ?

I really don't care what happens with this race, but there's no point in time where the bird should be 100% invis.

blackmail242
04-06-2012, 10:17 PM
can we not just fix cloak? it's not supposed 2 give 100% invis 2 anything... so obviously something has gone wrong, can't we just correct what went wrong ?

I really don't care what happens with this race, but there's no point in time where the bird should be 100% invis. ^ in favor of fixing. Although zeros Ideads sound good too. :D

ZERO
04-23-2012, 03:12 PM

Race confirmed to be 100% updated to previous version now on restored version
Updated weapon removal code
Added sound every 3 seconds which broadcasts from location of crow if the crow has cloak, also goes off every time the crow lands and or takes off.

CYBER
04-23-2012, 07:25 PM

abuse mode, activated.
Now i can level this crappy race the same speed others "abused" it at first.

Lawl!
04-26-2012, 10:51 PM
abuse mode, activated.
Now i can level this crappy race the same speed others "abused" it at first.

^^This. I have been dreading this class.

maynard
04-26-2012, 10:52 PM
the bird should make the sound every like 5-10 seconds regardless of what it's doing as most who play it, just sit motionless in a corner till they find the right time 2 strike.

blackmail242
04-26-2012, 10:57 PM
the bird should make the sound every like 5-10 seconds regardless of what it's doing as most who play it, just sit motionless in a corner till they find the right time 2 strike. Without the cloak its a black dot against most maps which happen to be bright. I am against the sound every 5-10 as any regular will be able to dispatch an uncloaked bird the second they spot it.

ZERO
04-27-2012, 01:20 AM
The sound only occurs when you have cloak :wtg:

StarsMine
05-03-2012, 04:26 PM
as the second weekest race acording to phyco stats, can we give the bird a p228 or something to help it out?

brett friggin favre
05-03-2012, 06:01 PM
as the second weekest race acording to phyco stats, can we give the bird a p228 or something to help it out?

i feel like it's fine with the fiveseven, and it gives it a lot more ammo. the weakness of the bird isn't the problem, but disappearing dash should be done away with as mentioned in-game earlier. it was alright when jumping with the shotgun didn't hurt you that much, but now that it kills your accuracy, the skill does more harm than good. i'd say replace that with some sort of blind or distort.

StarsMine
05-03-2012, 08:47 PM
I just like the p228 :smirk:
But yea Its quite fun to get shot into the sky when someone puts down a ward and I cant hit a damn thing.

brett friggin favre
05-03-2012, 10:37 PM
my suggestions for magician:

remove Disappearing Dash
Add Magic Box - 15-33% chance to lock attacker in a magical box for .8-1.3 sec

makes the attacker disappear into nothingness basically for the ascribed about of time. could decrease the chance, maybe to the level of levitation or somewhere between that and 33%.

could also consider unlimited fiveseven ammo as bird, or switch to p228 but that'd need unlimited ammo even more

StarsMine
05-04-2012, 10:28 AM
so would that be a mix of blind and bind?
Not sure I follow what you are suggesting. actually teleporting them off map for that amount of time? Would be disorienting as hell, but that might actually save them.

brett friggin favre
05-04-2012, 10:54 AM
so would that be a mix of blind and bind?
Not sure I follow what you are suggesting. actually teleporting them off map for that amount of time? Would be disorienting as hell, but that might actually save them.

basically yes, teleporting them. i think i played a 1.6 version of blood make kinda like that, banish actually BANISHED the person to another plane of existance. their screen was black and they weren't there for x amount of time. it's pretty disorienting, not on the level of flip view but still. you lose your sense of direction, and the magician has a short amount of time to move and prepare for you to come back, but if you can keep your bearings you'll still have a good shot at him. i think it'd be an interesting mechanic.

CYBER
05-04-2012, 01:32 PM
how about this, a twist off of brett's idea:

when a magician is shot, the attacking player disappears off the map for that 0.8-1.3 seconds with a blank screen? just like that banish thing u mentionned?
i.e if u attacked a magician, ur screen goes blank, but it also removes u temporary from the field EXACTLY like a genocide DEJA VU, for that x amoung of time for which u are blinded just to piss u off :P

this gives the attacker a chance to survive the blind, and also the magician a chance to run or relocate.

brett friggin favre
05-04-2012, 02:03 PM
that is what i described cyber, good job!

http://gobakeyourself.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/lighter-chocolate-chip-cookies.jpg

maynard
05-04-2012, 02:29 PM
nothing needs 2 change on magician.

brett friggin favre
05-04-2012, 02:41 PM
nothing needs 2 change on magician.

so having a skill that does more harm than good is alright?

maynard
05-04-2012, 02:46 PM
apparently.

CYBER
05-04-2012, 04:25 PM
nothing needs 2 change on magician. maynard saying a race doesnt need a change at all. Why am i not surprised

maynard
05-04-2012, 06:55 PM
maynard saying a race doesnt need a change at all. Why am i not surprised

how many times does it need 2 be politely explained 2 you people that the goal is re-releasing the races... that's it....

obviously when things fuck up and aren't working the way they were intended it's looked into. as for giving the crow diff weapons and shit lol... please.

once again... we're trying 2 restore the server 2 it's former glory, not change every race 2 help QQ'ers

Spasm
05-07-2012, 01:06 PM
Zero, the sound on the bird isn't making any difference really. The bird is invisible. The cloak is supposed to reduce visibility not make it invisible completely. That right there is a glitch in itself. It is starting to get abused again and your fix hasn't changed anything. Either make the cloak work how its supposed to or remove it from magician completely, its ridiculous.

CYBER
05-07-2012, 03:23 PM
how many times does it need 2 be politely explained 2 you people that the goal is re-releasing the races... that's it....

obviously when things fuck up and aren't working the way they were intended it's looked into. as for giving the crow diff weapons and shit lol... please.

once again... we're trying 2 restore the server 2 it's former glory, not change every race 2 help QQ'ers

Zero, the sound on the bird isn't making any difference really. The bird is invisible. The cloak is supposed to reduce visibility not make it invisible completely. That right there is a glitch in itself. It is starting to get abused again and your fix hasn't changed anything. Either make the cloak work how its supposed to or remove it from magician completely, its ridiculous.

watch it , we got some bad asses over here! trollol.

no but seriously, as much as i like pissing off maynard and spasm in race threads, they're right.
bird cloak should work properly => partial invisibility or else it should be disabled. There are even times when the soundtrack (crowing) doesnt even work... making zero's patch useless.

im gonna get bashed by both parties for the following, but:
its not the bird that needs power-ups, its that fucking magician and broken/useless skills.

but for starters, lets fix that crow crap, can we?

acolyte_to_jippity
05-07-2012, 04:42 PM
magician is not a weak class...at all. shotguns proc it's launching effect fairly well, and guess what they spawn with! wait for it...that's right, a shotgun.

CYBER
05-08-2012, 02:00 AM
magician is not a weak class...at all. shotguns proc it's launching effect fairly well, and guess what they spawn with! wait for it...that's right, a shotgun. crappy disappearing dashthat throws u in mid air with poor accuracy woth a shotgun that u MUST hit on target? Pass...

acolyte_to_jippity
05-08-2012, 06:40 AM
crappy disappearing dashthat throws u in mid air with poor accuracy woth a shotgun that u MUST hit on target? Pass...

then...pass.

you don't HAVE to play the race...

CYBER
05-08-2012, 07:35 AM
then...pass.you don't HAVE to play the race... i need to maxx it asshole lol. So i can unlock vagalion and eva when out...

ZERO
05-08-2012, 11:53 AM
I think they mean for when the other races are finished as we are getting close now. This race always was terrable the improved ult and the ability to land the bird and take off so you can control it better are so far the only things improved in this race from the original to make it even playable.

Spasm
05-08-2012, 03:32 PM
I think they mean for when the other races are finished as we are getting close now. This race always was terrable the improved ult and the ability to land the bird and take off so you can control it better are so far the only things improved in this race from the original to make it even playable.

If you want to make the magician more powerful using a glitch on the bird is the wrong way to go about it imo. I think a rehaul of the ulti and either up in smoke or leviation. The bird is essentially a gimmick skill and you shouldn't be balancing around it any ways. I personally would add a regen of hp instead of the up in smoke and a completely new ultimate. Something like double damage on the shotty or something for a set period would go along ways to bringing the race up to par with the other races. You could change the ulti its using now to just a regular ability.

ZERO
05-08-2012, 11:20 PM
I meant that the ult before actually did literally nothing in the original server. I also am reffering to the ability to actualy controll the bird to some degree makes this race actually playable as opposed to the original version from the old server that really never actually worked.

Spasm
05-09-2012, 12:49 AM
Well, the race is pretty terrible and I thought thats what you meant because you seem so adamant on this cloak thing with the bird.

HypeRNT
05-13-2012, 10:21 PM
If you want to make the magician more powerful using a glitch on the bird is the wrong way to go about it imo. I think a rehaul of the ulti and either up in smoke or leviation. The bird is essentially a gimmick skill and you shouldn't be balancing around it any ways. I personally would add a regen of hp instead of the up in smoke and a completely new ultimate. Something like double damage on the shotty or something for a set period would go along ways to bringing the race up to par with the other races. You could change the ulti its using now to just a regular ability.

TBH, its not really a glitch if you are referring to cloaking the bird. You can still see the bird, its just much less visible and you have to try a little harder. There really hasn't been many complaints(haven't heard one when i was in the server) and this race was always fun to play, the key word here is (FUN) and not something that will constantly top frag with.

Can it be annoying sometimes? Hell yeah, but so are alot of other races that got crazy OP skills. Vaga can be annoying too when good player plays it and knife's you more then shoots you, but we live with it right? I don't see why this race should be any different. Its not really that big of a deal since i don't play this race after i maxed it, but i did have alot of fun when i did get that small chance of the bird proc(would never proc for me bad luck maybe?:banghead:)

There can be many different skill changes/improvements to some races to make them weaker or stronger, but i don't know if its really necessary to revamp this skill in front of some of the others.

Spasm
05-14-2012, 06:51 AM
TBH, its not really a glitch if you are referring to cloaking the bird. You can still see the bird, its just much less visible and you have to try a little harder. There really hasn't been many complaints(haven't heard one when i was in the server) and this race was always fun to play, the key word here is (FUN) and not something that will constantly top frag with.

Can it be annoying sometimes? Hell yeah, but so are alot of other races that got crazy OP skills. Vaga can be annoying too when good player plays it and knife's you more then shoots you, but we live with it right? I don't see why this race should be any different. Its not really that big of a deal since i don't play this race after i maxed it, but i did have alot of fun when i did get that small chance of the bird proc(would never proc for me bad luck maybe?:banghead:)

There can be many different skill changes/improvements to some races to make them weaker or stronger, but i don't know if its really necessary to revamp this skill in front of some of the others.
Your a fucking idiot.

HypeRNT
05-14-2012, 12:43 PM
Your a fucking idiot.

right back at ya

maynard
05-14-2012, 05:07 PM
Your a fucking idiot.

lol yup... +1

brett friggin favre
05-14-2012, 05:10 PM
Your a fucking idiot.

+2. also hyper, if you can actually see the bird at all when cloaked, please post a screenshot. that would be an unfair advantage and a bannable offense. :wtg:

taz1stP
05-17-2012, 02:53 PM
can i b/c im a real good artist i can draw the bird in there on paint and it would be awesome would be like a flying raptor with wings carrying a gun and it goes on.

CYBER
06-15-2012, 11:37 AM
Zero? is there a reason why when the round ends, and u were flying off the ground with the bird, you instantly fall to ur dead, die, AND lose ALL the fucking items you just wasted 9k buying?...
any chance you can , i dnt know, have it float down when the crow expires after round?... i mean we can always maneuver it and make sure we're clsoe to ground when the round ends, but in the heat of the battle, thats not always the best way to go, as opposed to floating higher off ground, even a player-height off ground seems to be suicidal for bird when round ends...
i;d rly like to keep the shit i spent forever buying:P

what would be even better, is that when round ends on bird, no matter what happens ,that all items get refunded - x% lol... since most ppl dnt buy items on magician except for crow, then they become useless:P but hey, thats jsut me being silly.

edit: i just reread my post, and i sensed a lot of accidental sarcasm and hostility:p disregard that lol , funny shit tho.

ZERO
06-16-2012, 11:28 AM
Yea it must have to do with the way it clears out the data at end of round. I will see if I can move that to have a delay so fix the issue. :wtg:

Blackmage
10-28-2012, 03:44 PM
Ultimate glitch report time... On live server: Kygn ended parkhouse as vagalion, join CT via auto-assign on Nuke, someone else had vagalion, so he switched to Magician. When he used his ultimate, he appeared in an object (building I believe). Using his ultimate as it cooled down didn't move him.

On test server: I joined Compound, went spectate, switched from... something to Magician, joined T via auto-assign. I wandered around a bit, and when I used my ultimate, I poofed outside the T spawn, a little over a body's length up. Tested a few times, always there. Killed myself, so I could go onto next map. Here, I joined T, wandered around and when I used the ultimate, it teleported me to my spawn properly. Left spawn, killed myself. Wandered around, ultimate worked fine again. Quit, joined about 10 minutes later. Spectate, spawn, join T via auto, wander, used ultimate, spawned where I had been spawning round two.

Something's up with how it's storing and clearing data.

ZERO
11-05-2012, 04:13 AM
The reason for that is that at the start of the map the player defaults to spawn at 0, 0, 0

This value is changed only when the spawn, die or round ends. This glitch will be fixed when race is reprogrammed as the new methods of code automatically prevents this issue. This is why it is critical that all the races get reprogrammed b/c my new methods of programing them prevent a lot of little exploits all over the place.

Honey
02-17-2014, 01:42 AM
This race is too difficult to level :(

What
02-17-2014, 01:59 AM
This race is too difficult to level :(

No, it really isn't. Try leveling rapscallion and you'll see.......

Blackmage
02-17-2014, 05:08 AM
A race with free gun is hard to level. I know I don't play much (any) anymore, but did something serious change? Did Zero remove tomes?

On a related note, Honey, care to be more in depth? What makes it hard to level?