PDA

View Full Version : RTV and Voting

Rellikdloc
01-18-2011, 11:15 PM
What is the point of having RTV if 1 admin just comes in and just changes the map b/c he doesnt like it or the process of voting when an admin will just change the next map b/c his map didnt win or he doesnt like the next map????????

CYBER
01-19-2011, 06:57 AM
What is the point of having RTV if 1 admin just comes in and just changes the map b/c he doesnt like it or the process of voting when an admin will just change the next map b/c his map didnt win or he doesnt like the next map????????

the point is that when there ISNT an admin, u can vote off a map.

like it or not, when an admin is in the server, he has seniority over map votes and can over rule them.

THAT SAID, a GOOD admin would ask YOU GUYS what u want. if he cancelled the previous vote because they were shitty maps that got 1-spammed or not the right time for them (example a huge map with only 4 ppl...) then he should have the decency to post ANOTHER vote for u guys, and have u guys chose a map.

i wont lie to u, when im senior admin, sometimes i see a shitty map i dnt like (ex: falling trash ) and i dont feel like playing it . i would post a vote to see if anyone else doesnt want to play it , and see what happens then. sometimes the map loads and i go : oh hell no we aint playing this map, and then i change the map to smthn i KNOW ppl would like, from experience, and if people told me" heyy we wanted to play last map" then i just set the next map to it to satisfy u guys.

admin can overrule a vote, its kinda their "compensation gift" for working hard to keep the servers clean...like missing out on the cool maps because u are specking a hacker for over 2 hours (it happens... a LOT)...
of course a decent admin wouldnt be changing the map constantly to the same one over and over again, or changing the map in the middle of a game (after a person got lv 15+) or keep changing map without stability...
if that shit happens, post a thread about, it could fall under admin abuse, PROVIDED THAT U HAVE TALKED TO THE ADMIN ABOUT IT AND HE TOLD U TO FUCK OFF.
if u got problems with that, buy admin, thats one of the first reasons i became an admin myself, and that was a year ago :P
if not, DEAL WITH IT lol

bigcraig77
01-27-2011, 10:18 AM
When I had admin I lost more gg's because I was too busy being an admin. Map changes and turning campers into beacons were like the only ways i could justify 11 / month. I loved making campers beacons.

Note to admins, turn more campers into beacons.

C-loc

&&toasties
01-27-2011, 12:53 PM
When I had admin I lost more gg's because I was too busy being an admin. Map changes and turning campers into beacons were like the only ways i could justify 11 / month. I loved making campers beacons.

Note to admins, turn more campers into beacons.

C-loc

Slaying them is more fun, C-Loc...because they go boom with sparks and sounds!

Smurf
02-02-2011, 11:44 PM
the point is that when there ISNT an admin, u can vote off a map.

like it or not, when an admin is in the server, he has seniority over map votes and can over rule them.

THAT SAID, a GOOD admin would ask YOU GUYS what u want. if he cancelled the previous vote because they were shitty maps that got 1-spammed or not the right time for them (example a huge map with only 4 ppl...) then he should have the decency to post ANOTHER vote for u guys, and have u guys chose a map.

i wont lie to u, when im senior admin, sometimes i see a shitty map i dnt like (ex: falling trash ) and i dont feel like playing it . i would post a vote to see if anyone else doesnt want to play it , and see what happens then. sometimes the map loads and i go : oh hell no we aint playing this map, and then i change the map to smthn i KNOW ppl would like, from experience, and if people told me" heyy we wanted to play last map" then i just set the next map to it to satisfy u guys.

admin can overrule a vote, its kinda their "compensation gift" for working hard to keep the servers clean...like missing out on the cool maps because u are specking a hacker for over 2 hours (it happens... a LOT)...
of course a decent admin wouldnt be changing the map constantly to the same one over and over again, or changing the map in the middle of a game (after a person got lv 15+) or keep changing map without stability...
if that shit happens, post a thread about, it could fall under admin abuse, PROVIDED THAT U HAVE TALKED TO THE ADMIN ABOUT IT AND HE TOLD U TO FUCK OFF.
if u got problems with that, buy admin, thats one of the first reasons i became an admin myself, and that was a year ago :P
if not, DEAL WITH IT lol

He Pretty Much Cover'd It All And Alot Of Admins Do, Do This, Except For A Few I Guess :plzdie: