Void Ultimates: 55-70% chance
Deaths Shadow: 13-33% chance to do 3-13 damage
Vision of the Void: 5-20% chance to blind
Into the Void: 20-28% chance for 2-4sec
http://www.ibisgaming.com/wcs_stats/player.php?id=11877

Initial Release

Improved performance of hit based abilities
Improved filtering to prevent ability dmg stacking

Updated coding of the Into the Void ultimate so that it now works correctly.
Gave ult damage applier proper name for stats recording.

Updated to prevent Into the Void from lasting into the next round.

maynard
01-22-2011, 05:40 PM
are you changing how the ultimate on it works?

ZERO
01-22-2011, 05:45 PM
Original descriptions for legacy reference:

Immune To Enemy Ultimates: 55-70% chance
Do Extra Damage: 13-33% chance to do 3-13 damage
Blind The Enemy: 5-20% chance to blind
Black Hole: 20-28% chance for 2-4sec

acolyte_to_jippity
01-22-2011, 05:46 PM
the ult. immunity will be legacy style, right? (%chance to be given necklace at spawn)

and may i also say FUCK YES!!!

ZERO
01-22-2011, 05:47 PM
are you changing how the ultimate on it works?

No, however I will logically be programing a black hole from scratch. The only change will be the player WILL get credit for any kills that result from the black hole.

The hole will also only effect players and will thus not cause the server to lag. I simply plan to functionally increase a players acceleration toward the singularity at an exponentially increasing rate as the distance shortens just like how they work in real life.

ZERO
01-22-2011, 05:48 PM
the ult. immunity will be legacy style, right? (%chance to be given necklace at spawn)

and may i also say FUCK YES!!!

I am just changing the names b/c they are lame.

maynard
01-22-2011, 05:48 PM
very nice.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-22-2011, 05:49 PM
I am just changing the names b/c they are lame.

"do extra damage"?

Tickle Me Emo
01-22-2011, 06:43 PM
"do extra damage"?

Best skill name ever.

Is the extra damage 3-13 random or 3-13 depending on level of the skill? I'm guessing it's based on skill level but I can't remember.

ZERO
01-22-2011, 06:49 PM
All abilities and effects other than the ultimate are now done. Please test when you get a chance.

maynard
01-22-2011, 06:51 PM
im in test server if someone wana join

maynard
01-22-2011, 06:57 PM
everything seems 2 work. the blind though needs 2 be fixed. it's like a 0.1 second blind

ZERO
01-22-2011, 07:03 PM
it is .3 seconds exactly as before

ZERO
01-22-2011, 07:03 PM
you may be confusing it with the black flash that you always get when taking the extra dmg

There is a chat message that appears if you take the blinding flash.

ZERO
01-22-2011, 09:12 PM
Oh yea, black hole will only effect the other team... also if your immune to ultimates it can not pull you in.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-22-2011, 09:33 PM
Oh yea, black hole will only effect the other team... also if your immune to ultimates it can not pull you in.

no. bad thing!!!

Blackmage
01-23-2011, 12:11 AM
Would a necklace in range still stop the hole from spawning? If not, sounds like Void's getting a HUGE power boost.

ZERO
01-23-2011, 04:58 AM
Range will still stop it from activating and if you are not in range you will not be pulled by it.

ZERO
01-23-2011, 04:59 AM
All abilities and effects completed. Race is now in final quality check and balance status.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-23-2011, 05:17 AM
i can't test it out atm, but does it still pull allies?

cause it really should

ZERO
04-08-2011, 06:34 PM

Improved performance of hit based abilities
Improved filtering to prevent ability dmg stacking

Blackmage
05-30-2011, 09:32 PM
Is this ultimate also supposed to push people instead of pulling them on occasion?

H.Bitch
05-30-2011, 11:48 PM
It's supposed to push teammates from the singularity point, and pull enemies into the singularity.

acolyte_to_jippity
05-31-2011, 12:00 AM
that's retarded. it used to screw every one over, and it was good

Blackmage
05-31-2011, 01:01 AM
If that's what it's supposed to do, then it doesn't do that either. I get pushed from enemy holes more often than friendly holes, and I've missed many an enemy kill from them going away instead of toward.

ZERO
05-31-2011, 03:40 AM
Sometimes you may end up being pushed instead of pulled due the miscalculations in the way that the game engine handles vectors. Improved code may be introduced in the future to work around these problems but will take time in order to reduce the mathematical overhead required by these functions. In other words more complex functions would be required in order to reduce cpu load enough to make them worth wile so that the vectors could be scaled correctly. Programing a black hole or something that is not mathematically possible without causing a crash is not exactly easy. :wtg:

acolyte_to_jippity
05-31-2011, 06:52 AM
Sometimes you may end up being pushed instead of pulled due the miscalculations in the way that the game engine handles vectors. Improved code may be introduced in the future to work around these problems but will take time in order to reduce the mathematical overhead required by these functions. In other words more complex functions would be required in order to reduce cpu load enough to make them worth wile so that the vectors could be scaled correctly. Programing a black hole or something that is not mathematically possible without causing a crash is not exactly easy. :wtg:

can't you just re-use the code from the old version?

ZERO
05-31-2011, 09:08 PM
yea the old command was est_blackhole

so lets just get the code from that which is... closed source :reddot:

Not as if that really stops me from knowing how it works... basically what they did was create a wind entity with a negative wind direction so it sucked things toward in every direction instead of blowing. This however lags and or crashes the game, which is why we do not do it that way.

acolyte_to_jippity
05-31-2011, 10:10 PM
yea the old command was est_blackhole

so lets just get the code from that which is... closed source :reddot:

Not as if that really stops me from knowing how it works... basically what they did was create a wind entity with a negative wind direction so it sucked things toward in every direction instead of blowing. This however lags and or crashes the game, which is why we do not do it that way.

it stopped crashing once you made it ignore physics objects, didn't it?

ZERO
06-01-2011, 02:46 AM
Yea and that is done by not using a wind entity but instead moving the players individually.

taz1stP
10-16-2011, 08:13 PM
i think that the ult needs to go off more i mean i have it maxed and i can go 40 deaths without it going off then other times it will go off 10 times in a row i mean its kinda buggy and this race isnt played as much b/c ult dousnt go off that much.

Blackmage
10-16-2011, 08:36 PM
Did Taz just complain that the law of probabilities hates him? Void should activate a little over 1:4 times. It triggered 10:50 times. This should be WELL within acceptable variance.

Also, I've never tested it, but can necklace stop holes from spawning, ala Warden? If so, welcome to RNG hates the world of order.

taz1stP
10-16-2011, 10:43 PM
no its more of the fact that you can go some maps with 3 people being shaddow and none go off and other times evry time u die it goes off so i mean it should be more of a dependable thing than just ohh well it didnt go off the first few rounds might as well swich b/c its not gana happen and i dont think that spidermans web should be able to pull them away from it. which is something that i have noticed.

Blackmage
10-16-2011, 10:54 PM
This race is one of the "funny, can be game changing, but shouldn't be" races. If it was reliable, this would be a "troll everyone race". Saw it do that back in the day, don't expect it to be much different anymore.

Is that 3 on the same team, or 3 in the same game? If it's the later, my "necklace can shut down holes" theory might be correct. I'm curious now, so I'll be in test for a bit.

taz1stP
10-16-2011, 11:12 PM
the necklaces theory is wrong all they do is make it so that u don't get sucked in and i think we had 3 on same team and one on other but has been a few since it happened.

ZERO
10-17-2011, 12:42 AM
Actually they prevent them and if you have one you are not effected by it if it does go off.

taz1stP
10-17-2011, 01:24 AM
gay .

Chikun
11-15-2011, 12:55 PM
Can we fix the spell immunity for this class to be back at 100%? This class is totally useless now without it. The blind is stupid, the added damage skill is pitiful, and you shouldn't have to depend on a skill that requires you to be dead in order to get a kill. The only thing going for this race was the spell immunity that made it awesome.

taz1stP
11-15-2011, 11:36 PM
i second this act.

ChosenofChaos
11-18-2011, 03:42 PM
If void had complete immunity and also even warden then those races would become far more playable instead of people just using a single race all the time etc.

ZERO
11-22-2011, 04:22 PM
I have reprogrammed the black hole as a test. I believe that there was an error in the mathematical way that I was calculating the vectors and this was creating the issue. Now it should be easier for me to get it to work correctly and in the right direction.

ZERO
11-22-2011, 05:18 PM

Updated coding of the Into the Void ultimate so that it now works correctly.
Gave ult damage applier proper name for stats recording.

Spasm
11-24-2011, 01:10 AM
Now it's too strong, lace doesn't stop it now like it used to. This guy last night on office would run into garage, suicide die, kill 8 people every time, it's a little over the top now. It was turning the server into everyone shadow of the void just for a gimmicky ulti

BladeTwinSwords
11-24-2011, 01:14 AM
Reminds me of the old SotV. I would suicide in their spawn at the end of a round so the black hole would appear in their spawn the next round and kill half the team.

Spasm
11-24-2011, 01:26 AM
Reminds me of the old SotV. I would suicide in their spawn at the end of a round so the black hole would appear in their spawn the next round and kill half the team.

It's nothing like the old one, you have to experience it for yourself blade, it's insane.

acolyte_to_jippity
11-24-2011, 02:17 AM
Now it's too strong, lace doesn't stop it now like it used to. This guy last night on office would run into garage, suicide die, kill 8 people every time, it's a little over the top now. It was turning the server into everyone shadow of the void just for a gimmicky ulti

necklace isn't supposed to block it...it would block the activation if the void died within the necklace's AOE, bu otherwise, it's not supposed to make you immune.

at least it shouldn't.

maynard
11-24-2011, 02:24 AM
I was playing molecule and it was pulling me out of my ultimate.. it never did that before....

acolyte_to_jippity
11-24-2011, 02:31 AM
I was playing molecule and it was pulling me out of my ultimate.. it never did that before....

that...is odd.

molecule didn't give you immunity, so much as it just froze you in place...does void now pull you if you're frozen as a vaga?

Spasm
11-24-2011, 02:33 AM
necklace isn't supposed to block it...it would block the activation if the void died within the necklace's AOE, bu otherwise, it's not supposed to make you immune.

at least it shouldn't. Not sure about the old server, but with the new one until the update necklace stopped you from being pulled into it, it did not however stop you from getting killed by the hole if you say walked into it or was right on top of it to begin with. I don't really care about the lace part as much as the black hole itself being extremely crazy now. This guy killed 5+ people every time he died. If black hole proc'd we lost. I wasn't even near it several times and still died. The range on it is unreal.

maynard
11-24-2011, 02:43 AM
the ONLY thing that could fuck with molecule ultimate was wards as they would go through the ultimate and damage you, but not ever go bellow 1 HP as long as the ultimate was in play.

shadow of the void shouldn't be able 2 pull me outta my ultimate and pwwn me.

ZERO
11-24-2011, 02:47 AM
The lace should prevent you from being pulled at all. When I was around them the other day my immunity prevented me from being effected by the ability. Currently everyone that is not immune gets pulled in however it will only kill those on the other team. I can filter it out so it will only activate if you did not kill yourself. I can also make it so that not only will it not activate if you were within range of someone with immunity but also if someone with immunity killed you it will not activate.

As far as the range goes it is logically infinity as I programed a gravitational field. We all know that gravity acts on an infinite distance. More importantly I did make the effects of gravity correct in that the force increases exponentially as you are closer to the source of attraction. At particular distances you should be able to try to run away from it. It could be that the force constant that the curve is applied to is too large.

Another balance (in addition to the ones above) could be to increase the duration of the effect slightly but reduce the distance of the point of no return.

BTW the point of no return would logically be the distance a user is from the target where it is imposable for them to escape.

---------- Post added at 02:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 AM ----------

the ONLY thing that could fuck with molecule ultimate was wards as they would go through the ultimate and damage you, but not ever go bellow 1 HP as long as the ultimate was in play.

shadow of the void shouldn't be able 2 pull me outta my ultimate and pwwn me.

This is more of an issue with molecule and likely the way that it is freezing the player. The force is applied to a players base velocity so if that race is programed correctly it should not do anything when you are frozen.

Spasm
11-24-2011, 02:56 AM
The lace should prevent you from being pulled at all. When I was around them the other day my immunity prevented me from being effected by the ability. Currently everyone that is not immune gets pulled in however it will only kill those on the other team. I can filter it out so it will only activate if you did not kill yourself. I can also make it so that not only will it not activate if you were within range of someone with immunity but also if someone with immunity killed you it will not activate.

As far as the range goes it is logically infinity as I programed a gravitational field. We all know that gravity acts on an infinite distance. More importantly I did make the effects of gravity correct in that the force increases exponentially as you are closer to the source of attraction. At particular distances you should be able to try to run away from it. It could be that the force constant that the curve is applied to is too large.

Another balance (in addition to the ones above) could be to increase the duration of the effect slightly but reduce the distance of the point of no return.

BTW the point of no return would logically be the distance a user is from the target where it is imposable for them to escape.

---------- Post added at 02:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 AM ----------

This is more of an issue with molecule and likely the way that it is freezing the player. The force is applied to a players base velocity so if that race is programed correctly it should not do anything when you are frozen.

Not sure about the numbers, I know I bought lace 3 or 4 rounds, and it got me twice in those rounds. This guy literally would die and 75 percent of my team would die. It was so bad everyone was switching to void. If he died and it proc'd, GG for us. We lost every time it proc'd. I think the range & force distance is too strong and may need to be adjusted. It also was proccing a lot, but I think he was getting revived by a blood mage and then re dying, giving it more of a chance to proc.

acolyte_to_jippity
11-24-2011, 03:13 AM
i'm not sure i like just how powerful necklace is. it was perfect on the old server, where it only prevented activation of ults, and being hit by cryptlord's. now actually making you immune from certain more global ults that would have previously hit you...

it's different from how it was, therefore it's crap.

ZERO
11-24-2011, 12:18 PM
The only reason for the change in the way the protection works now is that before black holes were uncommon b/c they crashed the server and thus few players used the race. In addition the player who activated the skill would not get any xp from it.

I have not yet seen an issue where ult immunity is being over powered. Just that ults that may require an immunity to survive may be overpowered.

It does filter properly:
if( !W3HasImmunity( i, Immunity_Ultimates ) )

Oh I found the problem it is pulling everyone regardless of distance at the same force b/c the constant was too high. I have reduced it from 1500 to 2.

Spasm
11-24-2011, 01:56 PM
The only reason for the change in the way the protection works now is that before black holes were uncommon b/c they crashed the server and thus few players used the race. In addition the player who activated the skill would not get any xp from it.

I have not yet seen an issue where ult immunity is being over powered. Just that ults that may require an immunity to survive may be overpowered.

It does filter properly:
if( !W3HasImmunity( i, Immunity_Ultimates ) )

Oh I found the problem it is pulling everyone regardless of distance at the same force b/c the constant was too high. I have reduced it from 1500 to 2.

No clue why it was pulling me then. I know for sure the first time I had a lace and it still got me. Good on the reduce constant, I'll have to see the difference when I get on.

Steamer
11-24-2011, 03:01 PM
I raged hard last night because of this.

ShadedFlash
11-25-2011, 05:18 AM
The only place I find the lace unfair is it blocking teleports and with a race like Rapscallion where it becomes helpless. Vaga is not the same because of its extreme mobility (the vaga/spidey should have lace restricted).

I really hate how some race's ults are so bad that its impossible to survive without a lace, like stacked cryptlords/bloodmages.

The one thing that makes me wonder though is why lace does not effect molecule's immunity ultimate like shadowhunter's immunity? you can shoot and kill a shadowhunter with immunity up with a lace, you cannot with a molecule.

Xerenix
11-25-2011, 08:01 AM
The one thing that makes me wonder though is why lace does not effect molecule's immunity ultimate like shadowhunter's immunity? you can shoot and kill a shadowhunter with immunity up with a lace, you cannot with a molecule.

Because Shadow hunter can move around with the damage immunity while the Molecule is frozen.

acolyte_to_jippity
11-25-2011, 11:39 AM
The only place I find the lace unfair is it blocking teleports and with a race like Rapscallion where it becomes helpless.

lol. you noob. the entire point of the necklace is to help counter the high-mobility races

I really hate how some race's ults are so bad that its impossible to survive without a lace, like stacked cryptlords/bloodmages.

they're not. at all.

you should NOT be able to kill a shadow hunter if you have a necklace, nor should you be able to kill a molecule while they use their ult. period. i'm not sure who the hell thought that was a good thing

Chikun
11-25-2011, 11:50 AM
you should NOT be able to kill a shadow hunter if you have a necklace, nor should you be able to kill a molecule while they use their ult. period. i'm not sure who the hell thought that was a good thing

I agree with this statement.

BladeTwinSwords
11-25-2011, 01:45 PM
I agree as well. The necklace is supposed to ASSIST, not guarantee a kill. Too many people rely on only themselves. Teamwork is essential in WCS because it's very easy to pick off people one by one if they go in alone.

Spasm
11-25-2011, 02:58 PM
I agree as well. The necklace is supposed to ASSIST, not guarantee a kill. Too many people rely on only themselves. Teamwork is essential in WCS because it's very easy to pick off people one by one if they go in alone.

Not wanting to brag but... I always go in alone and I kill everyone :)

maynard
11-25-2011, 04:58 PM
Not wanting to brag but... I always go in alone and I kill everyone :)

you and your hacks impress no 1...:smirk:

ShadedFlash
11-26-2011, 08:25 AM
If Shadow Hunter's immunity was not affected by lace, it would be up there with Spidey and Vagabond for OP.

And logic on lace shouldn't garauntee a kill, yet people feel Shadow Hunters immunity shouldn't be blocked by necklace, which would otherwise garauntee a kill?

acolyte_to_jippity
11-26-2011, 01:10 PM
If Shadow Hunter's immunity was not affected by lace, it would be up there with Spidey and Vagabond for OP.

And logic on lace shouldn't garauntee a kill, yet people feel Shadow Hunters immunity shouldn't be blocked by necklace, which would otherwise garauntee a kill?

did lace ever go through shadow hunter's ult on the old server?

Chikun
11-26-2011, 01:51 PM
did lace ever go through shadow hunter's ult on the old server?

I think that was rhetorical but I'll answer anyway for him. No, it didn't go through Shadow Hunter's ultimate.

Maybe we should be posting about this in the Shadow Hunter thread instead of Shadow of the Void's, he might get jealous we aren't talking about him in his own thread.

Also, Shadow of the Void's ultimate immunity should be 100%.

ZERO
11-27-2011, 04:49 PM
Also yes I can adjust the way the lace works for each race individually.

I can adjust things like:
range of lace
post activation rules of a ult on users that have lace
pre activation rules for when lace is detected.

For example I could make it so that a given ult for a given race only has a chance to not work if a lace is detected. I have complete control over when and how the lace when detected effects the ult. So if you want race by race changes please post them in the thread relating to the race needing the change. :wtg:

acolyte_to_jippity
11-27-2011, 04:53 PM
Also yes I can adjust the way the lace works for each race individually.

I can adjust things like:
range of lace
post activation rules of a ult on users that have lace
pre activation rules for when lace is detected.

For example I could make it so that a given ult for a given race only has a chance to not work if a lace is detected. I have complete control over when and how the lace when detected effects the ult. So if you want race by race changes please post them in the thread relating to the race needing the change. :wtg:

why not just, "lace prevents activation of ultimates within its area of effect, and shields user from cryptlord ultimate. spiderman cannot activate ult if target point or player's position is within area of effect of lace."

no real need for specific rules other than the one we had on original server, and balance changes for spiderman

Chikun
11-27-2011, 07:56 PM
why not just, "lace prevents activation of ultimates within its area of effect, and shields user from cryptlord ultimate. spiderman cannot activate ult if target point or player's position is within area of effect of lace."

no real need for specific rules other than the one we had on original server, and balance changes for spiderman

Perfectly said.

Blackmage
11-27-2011, 09:51 PM
Spiderman, human and beast, and related movement abilities that target a location. I believe it used to stop you from launching at people who had the lace, not 100% sure, but as the actual ultimate has changed (point to point transference rather than launched) what we used to have is a moot point, as the outcomes are different.

The Crypt lord rule should probably be a more general "cannot be targeted by ultimates". One, because I believe Athena has longer range than lace, and I KNOW eva does. Two, to cover any future long range ultimates.

It shouldn't stop continuous effects (burning, freezing, black holes) only caring about initial activation.

For on death ultimates, as we didn't used to get all the information in the old version, is it attacker's lace that should matter, or nearby laces or both?

ZERO
11-27-2011, 10:20 PM
Currently as far as range goes the race that does the checking determines the range it checks within.

Blackmage
12-28-2011, 04:01 PM
As demonstrated today, even though it didn't do it for me on the Test Server, on the Live Server, blackhole is carrying over to the next round, and killing people.

brett friggin favre
01-30-2012, 03:12 AM
i would like to propose an official change in the ultimate description, as coined by myself and blade, from "20-28% chance for 2-4sec" to something more descriptive, as in "20-28% chance to spawn a big gaping vaganus for 2-4sec"

vaganus (pronounced "vuh-JAY-nus") is a combination vagina and anus.

BladeTwinSwords
01-30-2012, 11:43 PM
i would like to propose an official change in the ultimate description, as coined by myself and blade, from "20-28% chance for 2-4sec" to something more descriptive, as in "20-28% chance to spawn a big gaping vaganus for 2-4sec"

vaganus (pronounced "vuh-JAY-nus") is a combination vagina and anus.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

maynard
01-30-2012, 11:46 PM
..............:lmao:

brett friggin favre
01-31-2012, 05:16 PM
laugh all you guys want...it's actually quite a bit more descriptive :snob:

Blackmage
01-31-2012, 05:30 PM
Are we playing the "let's see how many races we can get to reference vagina" game?

brett friggin favre
01-31-2012, 06:00 PM
Are we playing the "let's see how many races we can get to reference vagina" game?

if we are i'm winning

ZERO
04-23-2012, 03:16 PM
This race will take a long time to figure out how in the hell I got it working correctly now as last time it took like 2 days of testing on a live server to figure it out. As this race has no glitches and does not need any updating I will not make any changes until it is absolutely needed.

ZERO
04-24-2012, 11:57 PM
A test version of a new black hole is in the test server. There is a 100% chance to activate when maxed for testing.

Remember not to have immunity when testing.

Please let me know if the power of this black hole reprogram appears correct for everyone.

Chef C Green
06-10-2012, 07:59 PM
***Changing Teams Nuke***

When changing teams during the beginning of a round, and then selecting the person, it caused my player to effectively black hole my entire team by accident. I have a demo that I will be uploading as soon as the map finishes with ticks (will edit this post).

***EDIT***

Demo: 5857

Tick: 26500

Hope this helps :wtg:

StarsMine
06-10-2012, 08:02 PM
bahaha
That glitch is back in a new form. Last time it was undead blowing up its team.

ZERO
06-11-2012, 04:53 PM
I still need tests as to if the black hole on the test server is working the same as the one on the main server or not.

StarsMine
06-11-2012, 06:22 PM
sounds easy enough to recreate. Might try to do that when I get home.

ZERO
06-11-2012, 06:31 PM
I meant the strength of the black hole. I can not release any updates to this race until I can cofnrim that the test one actually works the way it should.

StarsMine
06-11-2012, 09:37 PM
So you want distance tested as well?
be alot easier to test that in test server then the open server. If we plan on testing that, can we temporarily get rid of bots so we can setup a test with getting killed at different distances and not worry about getting shot when not set up?

Blackmage
06-11-2012, 11:51 PM
Did some quick testing, lacking a third player. First, on a similar note to the original comment: Going to spectate causes it, kills enemies. Second, the test server only clause is on, still 100%. Third, does NOT have update 1.0.3, still kills at the start of next round. Edit: 1.0.3 works on the main server, seems.

As for strength, not sure what you meant, so I give the following. Strength "feels" the same. Pulls from as far as I could manage on compound, which is well outside the map. Pulls fliers, doesn't pull "stuck" players, but does seem to give momentum.

ZERO
06-12-2012, 05:57 PM
They importing thing is if the pull is able to allow for players to escape from the same distances they can now.

Also do I still need to turn bots off in there?

Blackmage
06-12-2012, 11:46 PM
Bots were off last night, and still are.

As the likelihood of being able to get the same test conditions on both the test and the main server, and having no real way to measure, I'm still going with "feels the same" after some more playing on both servers. The kill radius is about twice the distance of the actual animation, and the speed it pulls seems the same.

However, if someone with more sophisticated methods is around, feel free to do useful testing.

Side note: getting a necklace ability gives it for the rest of the map/disconnect on testing. The item doesn't cause this. Mostly a warning to people trying to test ultimates.

ZERO
06-13-2012, 12:11 AM
Ah the lace glitch was never patched on the test server?

CYBER
06-14-2012, 06:44 PM
i can do some testing, give me a complete checklist of what to look for (variable-wise) and i can get a couple players in there asap and test shit out.

so do i understand from the posts that the test server is not updated to the current version that the current server is on?

and by strength , i think zero meant somewhat of a "Radius" of the void and if people caught in that radius can escape or not (i would know how to test it i think, i always get caught in voids as a flyer or "sticking" race, and i manage to get out alive by controlling movement...
checklist would be nice,
and please, no bots, fuck them. if we want to test 2-player skills , we can call a friend in fo sure

h4x0r
10-21-2012, 01:50 AM
Not sure if anyone else posted this, but when going from terrorist/counter-terrorist if you are Shadow of the Void, or any race that has an ultimate/ability attack that lasts for a length of time, when you go to spectate after you die, your wards/ultimate TARGET BOTH T/CT giving you credit and XP for killing EVERYONE. I was testing out different races/methods and I got banned with no warning from an admin w/no tag for exploiting this (erdenay said it was illegal but I hadn't seen a ruling on this situation), but some others have figured out how to do it and i'm sure there's a simple code to stop wards/ultimates effecting the game as a spectator. Admins aren't always in the game so I figure the code should be put in place to make sure XP is earned correctly.

I'm not trying to piss people off, I just like to find exploits because that's what I do. And if I have to get banned every time an exploit is found, I'll gladly take the fall so long as it gets fixed, like last time I got banned for dragonfly crashing, and look now it's fixed! :smirk: peace. :violin:

Chikun
10-21-2012, 03:18 AM
I'm not trying to piss people off, I just like to find exploits because that's what I do.

And that's why you will always be my Batman...

brett friggin favre
10-21-2012, 10:45 AM
Not sure if anyone else posted this, but when going from terrorist/counter-terrorist if you are Shadow of the Void, or any race that has an ultimate/ability attack that lasts for a length of time, when you go to spectate after you die, your wards/ultimate TARGET BOTH T/CT giving you credit and XP for killing EVERYONE. I was testing out different races/methods and I got banned with no warning from an admin w/no tag for exploiting this (erdenay said it was illegal but I hadn't seen a ruling on this situation), but some others have figured out how to do it and i'm sure there's a simple code to stop wards/ultimates effecting the game as a spectator. Admins aren't always in the game so I figure the code should be put in place to make sure XP is earned correctly.

I'm not trying to piss people off, I just like to find exploits because that's what I do. And if I have to get banned every time an exploit is found, I'll gladly take the fall so long as it gets fixed, like last time I got banned for dragonfly crashing, and look now it's fixed! :smirk: peace. :violin:

"officer, i wasn't trying to steal everything in their house, i just wanted to show them it could be done!"

stillllll going to jail buddy.

Spasm
10-21-2012, 01:09 PM
I just like to find exploits because that's what I do.

I just like to ban exploiters because that's what I do. Enjoy your 6 month vacation.

acolyte_to_jippity
10-21-2012, 01:35 PM
i'm going to have to agree with spasm on this one. finding exploits is NOT a bad thing. however, taking advantage of said exploits should absolutely be grounds for a ban. the fact that you don't realize this is extremely troubling.

h4x0r
10-21-2012, 05:12 PM
I'll just say that I thought this was the first ban I got for glitching, I see that Erdenay banned me for 2 days a couple months ago which I wasn't even aware of until now. The other 2 'hacking bans' I received were overturned after a month.

Going from 2 days which I wasn't aware of, to 6 months feels slightly excessive. Let me just stress that I was NOT told/warned by an ADMIN to stop what I was doing yesterday, I was just banned, yes maybe I knew I probably shouldn't behave that way, but in real life if I got a lawyer you guys know I'd get off on these technicalities. We really should at least have an ADMIN ask someone to stop, Kick, then Ban like the procedure states. I clearly would have stopped even if I got slapped by an admin. Not to mention the rules are being updated so we should add this information so people don't think they can get away with it.

It's these Gray areas that cause trouble in my mind; I’ve heard people say rules apply that don't exist, like 'no sky-walking' when it is allowed. My main request is to have some form of communication from an admin confirmation, not just a regular who says it is illegal, because honestly us regulars can give advice but the admins are the ones who have authority to tell someone to stop, kick, THEN ban. I don't feel like I should have less procedure rights just due to the fact that I frequent the server or "he knows better". Thanks for reading

(p.s) If an admin has a transcript of them telling me to stop yesterday, please let me know where it is as I potentially could have missed it. (spasm)

tj26
10-21-2012, 06:07 PM
little off topic as opposed to the shadow glitch but earlier in the day u were a vaga and i killed you and i would assume you changed to panorama to cause rematch and than you changed to shadow hunter before the next round but you still spawned me with rematch so you are well aware of what you are doing with glitchs

h4x0r
10-21-2012, 06:23 PM
Is that illegal?? this is exactly what i'm talking about guys, gray areas everywhere with this mod... wait maybe I should be upgraded to Permanent ban because I've been using that glitch too? Or is it even a glitch? I don't know as far as i know that was allowed. We rarely have regular admins on who actually know the specifics of these rules, which is why we get insta-banned because the admin is already pissed off that they even have to go to the server because no one else is there. So fuck the process, let's just ban without a kick or a warning or even a slap, fuck the procedures, I know he must know all the rules.

What
10-21-2012, 07:24 PM
dude this is the thread for the race if your gonna complain about your ban make a thread in the unban me section.

ps glitching is against the rules, the glitch itself does not have to be specified since there are likely innumerable ways to glitch

Blackmage
10-21-2012, 11:34 PM
We have a test server. Info on that, here: http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/5449-WCS-Test-Server?highlight=ibiswcs If you want to test something, do it there first, not on the live server. If you need some human bodies, I'm almost always willing to help if I'm on.

On glitching, when in doubt, it's against the rules. As such, clear up any doubt. Do some research. Ask around if it's known, and if it's allowed. Search the forums. There are a number of allowed glitches, but any glitch that involves no risk to the player for obvious gain is probably going to be illegal.

On the revive and change thing, it HAS been brought up before, here. (http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/3274-Interesting-Race-quot-ability-quot-(wcs)) Not sure if there's any later mentions of it.

On the actual topic, check posts 81 (http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/5742-023-Shadow-Of-The-Void-130-v1.0.3?p=137398#post137398) and 87 (http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/5742-023-Shadow-Of-The-Void-130-v1.0.3?p=137458#post137458) on this thread. This was actually already a known issue.

Masskid
10-22-2012, 12:01 AM
like last time I got banned for dragonfly crashing, and look now it's fixed! :smirk: peace. :violin:

You're stupid. Zero knew it was a problem and was trying to fix it but he lost the dragonfly data and had to rewrite the code. Its not because you were trying to crash the server that he decided to fix it >.>

h4x0r
10-22-2012, 08:04 AM
Actually we didn't know what was crashing the server until it was consistent. I still don't know whether switching your race and reviving as another is against the rules, but based on the when in doubt, it's against the rules then yes I've done that too. And yes I'll eventually make an unban thread just based on the sloppy ban procedure, which the demo supports. I had stopped exploiting then VanillaGorilla and someone else started to kill each team as well, which is when Tom assumed it was me and threatened to get an admin to perma ban me even though I had stopped glitching. Not to mention this round was a joke ever since lambazza joined and disturbed the entire game by spamming the mic, otherwise I would have taken it more seriously, but regardless I stopped even without an ADMIN telling me to. 1wk-1mo ban seems more appropriate, considering an admin never told me what I was doing was against the rules.

Steamer
10-22-2012, 10:12 AM
Actually, Zero knew long long ago, on multiple accounts of what was doing it. It's your job to know the rules. Try again.

CYBER
07-04-2013, 10:50 PM
Zero, the shadow of the void bug is back on the live server.
(the one i helped fix before).

Basically if u play shadow of the void, and you play another race (in this case spiderman), the built in "immunity lace" is carried over from void to the nxt race and wont go away even after death...

except by rejoin.

I was tempted to ban bizwagg for intentionally exploiting that bug and not buying a lace at all for the longest time... but yeah, he got a warning instead since he did help me determine the bug.

I am attaching the sourcetv demo so that you can hopefully determine using the log at what EXACT time this shit happened, but i am also documenting a personal demo that shows me not able to use my vaga ultimate near bizzwag as a spiderman without a lace (showed the playerinfo).

Hopefully you can fix that ?
thanks.

ZERO
07-05-2013, 04:15 PM
I am wokring on getting the test server back up and running so I can resume development. It takes a bit longer b/c I need to build the server in ways that will not lag the shit out of the other servers when I am installing all the updates ect.