PDA

View Full Version : New Anime Suggestions?

Hitman
01-23-2011, 11:43 PM
Since im bored at work and I stream anime to pass time, im looking for some new anime to watch.....

What I've Seen So Far:

Golgo13
Hellsing
Full Metal Alchemist (Both Versions)
Berserk (LOVED IT)
Afro Samurai
Claymore
Cowboy Bebop
Darker Than Black (Both Seasons)
Death Note
Desert Punk
Devel May Cry
Elfen Lied
Full Metal Panic
Ghost in a shell
Bleach
Gungrave (considered one of the best anime ive watched)
Rurouni Kenshin

And I know im missing a few....but i need new stuff to watch so if anyone could recommend some animes i would greatly appreciate it

acolyte_to_jippity
01-23-2011, 11:52 PM
first off, very nice choices in there (cowboy bebop, hellsing, FMA, claymore, DMC, Elfen leid, GITS...)

Neon Genesis Evangelion is a good mind-fuck type mecha show. Outlaw Star is very similar to cowboy bebop, trinity blood is similar to hellsing.

highschool of the dead is a fairly decent one too.

Hitman
01-23-2011, 11:59 PM
Ill give each anime 2 episode and see how it goes.

ZERO
01-24-2011, 12:18 AM
Your not allowed to start neon genesis and not finish it or your banned from anime.

Hitman
01-24-2011, 12:24 AM
Your not allowed to start neon genesis and not finish it or your banned from anime.

Good thing i went to the store to grab a 6 pack otherwise i would be screwed.....lol gimme some suggestions then Zero

ZERO
01-24-2011, 01:11 AM
I recommend anything I have watched (except ride back, in fact as a troll I have every episode of that series except the last one so that it is impossible for anyone to finish that comes over and tries to watch it anyway.)
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/ZEROibis

mag36
01-24-2011, 02:19 AM
i saw a trailer for

Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom,

LKQzKVZLuXA

does anyone know if this shit is good?

Im just now getting into anime myself...
So far i prefer the more serous kind of Anime like DeathNote and Eden of the East.

taz1stP
01-24-2011, 06:49 AM
why has no one recommended high school of the dead yet or black lagoon? there both good.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-24-2011, 10:15 AM
why has no one recommended high school of the dead yet or black lagoon? there both good.

first off, very nice choices in there (cowboy bebop, hellsing, FMA, claymore, DMC, Elfen leid, GITS...)

Neon Genesis Evangelion is a good mind-fuck type mecha show. Outlaw Star is very similar to cowboy bebop, trinity blood is similar to hellsing.

highschool of the dead is a fairly decent one too.

derp.

KɅΞW
01-24-2011, 02:50 PM
Samurai Champloo is a must, go watch it, now! 26 eps.

Basilisk is also a good one, full of blood, violence, sex, and gore...24 episodes of ninja brutality!

Mnemosyne is in the same category as Basilisk, but this one will sure to give you a woody! Well, 6 woodies total because there are only 6 episodes but 45 mins long.

Ergo Proxy will fuck your mind! Total of 23 mind-fucking episodes.

That's all I got for now, the series that I would suggest have already been listed by others. Awesome list btw, Zero.

Hitman
01-24-2011, 05:02 PM
Samurai Champloo is a must, go watch it, now! 26 eps.

Basilisk is also a good one, full of blood, violence, sex, and gore...24 episodes of ninja brutality!

Mnemosyne is in the same category as Basilisk, but this one will sure to give you a woody! Well, 6 woodies total because there are only 6 episodes but 45 mins long.

Ergo Proxy will fuck your mind! Total of 23 mind-fucking episodes.

That's all I got for now, the series that I would suggest have already been listed by others. Awesome list btw, Zero.

Hell no on the Ergo Proxy.....i hated the first episode.

just started to watch samurai champlooo last night and i found it to be decent but it was the first episode so

taz1stP
01-25-2011, 08:59 AM
Hell no on the Ergo Proxy.....i hated the first episode.

just started to watch samurai champlooo last night and i found it to be decent but it was the first episode so

some of the shows that start like shit most of the time turn out to be good after the first few episodes.

mag36
01-25-2011, 05:04 PM
some of the shows that start like shit most of the time turn out to be good after the first few episodes.

I tend to watch 4. if it doesnt draw me int by then then screw the show

taz1stP
01-25-2011, 05:13 PM

me i watch first then if it sucked then i go read a review or 2 and see if it gets better.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-25-2011, 05:44 PM

me i watch first then if it sucked then i go read a review or 2 and see if it gets better.

i tend to embrace this kind of philosophy, except in the rare case when an anime is SO BAD i couldn't stand to watch another episode (these also have turned out to be some of the most popular and talked about anime around, like death note gurren lagann and gantz)

taz1stP
01-25-2011, 07:22 PM
i tend to embrace this kind of philosophy, except in the rare case when an anime is SO BAD i couldn't stand to watch another episode (these also have turned out to be some of the most popular and talked about anime around, like death note gurren lagann and gantz)

i didnt think gurren lagann was that bad

ZERO
01-26-2011, 05:36 PM
Also there is this: http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4110

taz1stP
01-27-2011, 07:23 PM
you could also go to people aminelists off of myaminelist.com or something like that most people have them. just serch for peoples user names. i just started a new anime today it seems to be pretty good its called Kurokami.

Me Haha
01-29-2011, 01:46 PM
Since im bored at work and I stream anime to pass time, im looking for some new anime to watch.....

What I've Seen So Far:

Golgo13
Hellsing
Full Metal Alchemist (Both Versions)
Berserk (LOVED IT)
Afro Samurai
Claymore
Cowboy Bebop
Darker Than Black (Both Seasons)
Death Note
Desert Punk
Devel May Cry
Elfen Lied
Full Metal Panic
Ghost in a shell
Bleach
Gungrave (considered one of the best anime ive watched)
Rurouni Kenshin

And I know im missing a few....but i need new stuff to watch so if anyone could recommend some animes i would greatly appreciate it

Ever heard of Highschool of the Dead? It's really awesome.. It has a nice amount of violence, but waaaaaaaaaaaay to much fanservice imo.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-29-2011, 03:53 PM
Ever heard of Highschool of the Dead? It's really awesome.. It has a nice amount of violence, but waaaaaaaaaaaay to much fanservice imo.

i can tell SOMEONE doesn't like bouncing tits

Me Haha
01-29-2011, 04:54 PM
i can tell SOMEONE doesn't like bouncing tits

Hey, It's not like that. They just added way to much fanservice in my opinion thus making it less of a zombie apocolypse anime and more into a fanservice anime. and i'd rather have the zombie apocolypse anime :/

acolyte_to_jippity
01-29-2011, 05:11 PM
Hey, It's not like that. They just added way to much fanservice in my opinion thus making it less of a zombie apocolypse anime and more into a fanservice anime. and i'd rather have the zombie apocolypse anime :/

idk, i think that the show wouldn't have been anywhere near as goo w/out the fanservice. it adds to the characters. and the sword bitch is awesome. the only character i don't like of the mains is the nurse. she's too retarded

Me Haha
01-29-2011, 10:21 PM
idk, i think that the show wouldn't have been anywhere near as goo w/out the fanservice. it adds to the characters. and the sword bitch is awesome. the only character i don't like of the mains is the nurse. she's too retarded

Yea, i admit, the sword bitch is awesome. And the nurse is stupid. But they could have cut out a some of the fanservice during fights, that would've made it a bit better.

taz1stP
01-30-2011, 11:31 AM
Yea, i admit, the sword bitch is awesome. And the nurse is stupid. But they could have cut out a some of the fanservice during fights, that would've made it a bit better.

yes but the person i hated in that was that red head bitch she did nothing the whole fucking show and still gets to live wtf is up with that. i mean at least kill a zombie or 2.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-30-2011, 11:35 AM
yes but the person i hated in that was that red head bitch she did nothing the whole fucking show and still gets to live wtf is up with that. i mean at least kill a zombie or 2.

wait, the glasses chick or the spear chick?

cause i know the spear one kills plenty. she got an m14 ffs

Me Haha
01-30-2011, 08:14 PM
wait, the glasses chick or the spear chick?

cause i know the spear one kills plenty. she got an m14 ffs

The spear chick doesn't have red hair, so he's talking about the glasses chick. ya know, the one who mr "gun boy" likes?

taz1stP
01-30-2011, 10:11 PM
The spear chick doesn't have red hair, so he's talking about the glasses chick. ya know, the one who mr "gun boy" likes?

yeah i need to go watch this agin if the spear chick had red hair. hey send me some of the shit you got .

Xerenix
01-31-2011, 08:12 AM
Watch "Legend of the Legendary Heroes". I loved it and i'm waiting for Season 2.

http://derpsubs.wordpress.com/2010/12/18/lol-heroes-24-released/

taz1stP
01-31-2011, 01:10 PM
Watch "Legend of the Legendary Heroes". I loved it and i'm waiting for Season 2.

http://derpsubs.wordpress.com/2010/12/18/lol-heroes-24-released/

isnt that a spin off of a gundom show don't rember name of.
Kurokami is a good fighting one.
11 eyes was a good one.
Kämpfer was also good.
Vampire Knight, Fate/stay night, Elfen Lied, Queen's Blade were all also good.

Xerenix
01-31-2011, 03:38 PM
isnt that a spin off of a gundom show don't rember name of.

Nope. It's based of a novel and was very popular when it aired.

taz1stP
01-31-2011, 08:31 PM
Nope. It's based of a novel and was very popular when it aired.

ohh the pic it showed me showed zero from the gundam one with the wierd eye.

Me Haha
02-06-2011, 12:01 AM
You've seen the "classic" movies right? Akira i've heard was really good. Look up Princess Mononoke, that's one of my top favourites. Spirited Away, Princess Nausicca, and Howl's Moving Castle are a few other ones. Deep Blue isn't a classic, but it's still good.

ZERO
02-06-2011, 12:33 PM
Basically the miyazaki movies...

Me Haha
02-07-2011, 06:18 AM
Basically the miyazaki movies...

Yea, pretty much.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-07-2011, 09:40 AM
the original ghost in the shell and the original appleseed films are amazing too