Weapon removal already used best method

Restored Race to old code
Updated weapon removal code

Hitman
01-24-2011, 12:32 AM
Nice!!!!! Cant wait to play this one

Tickle Me Emo
01-24-2011, 03:15 AM
Oh yes. This race is an essential part of WCS, can't wait.

CYBER
01-24-2011, 09:57 AM
now the fun begins :p

acolyte_to_jippity
01-24-2011, 10:16 AM
whole host of rules noobs will have to learn, like not summoning into crouch spots, etc etc...

CYBER
01-24-2011, 11:26 AM
whole host of rules noobs will have to learn, like not summoning into crouch spots, etc etc...

didnt zero find an algorithm that detects if u can get stuck in crouch spots for orchish and other spawning races? cant it be used here? or do i have no clue what am talking about ?:P

ZERO
01-24-2011, 01:03 PM
Correct you will not be able to spawn them in a place where they are stuck. If you do the summon will fail (owned)

acolyte_to_jippity
01-24-2011, 01:14 PM
Correct you will not be able to spawn them in a place where they are stuck. If you do the summon will fail (owned)

...ok i guess.

maynard
01-24-2011, 03:17 PM
hooray. 1 of my fav 3 races:icon_mrgreen:

ritalin
01-24-2011, 05:05 PM
hooray. 1 of my fav 3 races:icon_mrgreen:

What are the other two?? lol

:ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja:

Angry Kitty
01-24-2011, 11:47 PM
Im waiting for Jaaaack :kitty::kitty:

BladeTwinSwords
01-24-2011, 11:51 PM
After this race comes my favorite race :icon_mrgreen:

acolyte_to_jippity
01-25-2011, 12:30 AM
After this race comes my favorite race :icon_mrgreen:

what?

BladeTwinSwords
01-25-2011, 01:21 AM
Nebula :assault:

CYBER
01-25-2011, 08:53 AM
JUST CHECKED NEBULA, i dnt see why it would be ur fav race lol.
its like a mini-raiden + a mini bloodmage, nthn much
ultimate = disappear for 1 second .. LOL

Solarsoul
01-25-2011, 09:32 AM
This race looks pretty cool cant wait to try it out, i need to get back in and own everyone soon.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-25-2011, 12:15 PM
JUST CHECKED NEBULA, i dnt see why it would be ur fav race lol.
its like a mini-raiden + a mini bloodmage, nthn much
ultimate = disappear for 1 second .. LOL

well, it has 2 amage abilities, an respawns. other than raiden and eva, it had the highest damage output (but was far more regular than raiden's) the shitty ult was basically all that balance the class out. if it had a decent one, it would op out the ass

BladeTwinSwords
01-27-2011, 03:51 PM
well, it has 2 amage abilities, an respawns. other than raiden and eva, it had the highest damage output (but was far more regular than raiden's) the shitty ult was basically all that balance the class out. if it had a decent one, it would op out the ass

Well, what the ultimate should do is basically spawn a smoke grenade cloud.

It used to make this weird effect that would disappear quickly and gave enemies the signal to shoot everything in the cloud.

CYBER
01-29-2011, 05:32 PM
Well, what the ultimate should do is basically spawn a smoke grenade cloud.

It used to make this weird effect that would disappear quickly and gave enemies the signal to shoot everything in the cloud.

do u teleport somewhere else when u do that? or do u just spawn the cloud and try to avoid getting shot? lol

acolyte_to_jippity
01-29-2011, 05:36 PM
do u teleport somewhere else when u do that? or do u just spawn the cloud and try to avoid getting shot? lol

i...believe you kinda moved a little. not sure how far though

maynard
02-02-2011, 04:08 PM
huh? there was no big smoke effect back in the day. you hit your ultimate, then a few seconds later (depending on what lvl the ultimate was) the person you summon would appear just a inch behind you. so if you were sitting on the edge of a building with your back 2 the drop off, and you summond the person would then end up in free fall 2 their death.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-02-2011, 05:01 PM
huh? there was no big smoke effect back in the day. you hit your ultimate, then a few seconds later (depending on what lvl the ultimate was) the person you summon would appear just a inch behind you. so if you were sitting on the edge of a building with your back 2 the drop off, and you summond the person would then end up in free fall 2 their death.

they were talking about nebula. cyber mentioned it.

ZERO
02-02-2011, 05:54 PM
All powers done!

Note that no effects have been programed yet. This is testing that the abilities work and work correctly.

Notes:
1) Lens now should only last for 5 seconds when activated
2) if this location makes the other player stuck the summon will fail.
3) Summon will fail if there are no players on the other team who are not immune to ultimates.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-02-2011, 06:02 PM
2) Your summon will always be 5ft in front of your current position, if this location makes the other player stuck the summon will fail.

...why not just leave it as it was

ZERO
02-02-2011, 06:20 PM
That is how it was, minus the stuck part

ZERO
02-02-2011, 06:35 PM
my bad it will be at your location.

maynard
02-02-2011, 08:19 PM
my bad it will be at your location.

sweet =)

ZERO
02-02-2011, 09:21 PM
All abilities completed and in release status.

ZERO
02-03-2011, 06:18 PM

Initial Release

maynard
02-03-2011, 08:12 PM
isn't refunding the ultimate when it doesn't work.

its also screwing up a fair bit with the summon, ill be standing with like 2 feet of clearance above my head and ppl some how still get stuck?

ZERO
02-04-2011, 12:30 AM
It does physically teleport them and try to move them. If it says they are stuck they are stuck 100% for sure. Does it give you the error message and not refund?

acolyte_to_jippity
02-04-2011, 01:43 AM
It does physically teleport them and try to move them. If it says they are stuck they are stuck 100% for sure. Does it give you the error message and not refund?

where do people appear? do they appear directly at the user?
or do they fall from a short height above user's head?

and does your anti-stuck thing count if they clip w/ players?

ZERO
02-04-2011, 03:14 PM
No the anti stuck only activates if they are actually stuck. It physically attempts to move them and measures the change. Also they appear at the users location.

maynard
02-04-2011, 03:31 PM
ok what happens is, ill summon someone. but say they are going 2 get stuck, it doesn't actually inform you of this till they actually are summoned 2 your location. so you basically summon them, wait, see them pop up on you, then UBER quick disapear and get a msg stating you can't summon where they would get stuck. and then you have 2 wait all over again for ultimate cool down.

quite often ill stand in a corner (not jumping) with about 2 feet of clearance above my head (roof) and it will claim that I can't summon them cause they will be stuck.. it's weird.

ZERO
02-04-2011, 03:35 PM
yea they are being clipped into the wall. The way it works is it teleports the player to a location and then tries to move the player. If the player is not stuck they can be moved. If they can not be moved they are stuck and it then teleports them back. It is 100% impossible for false positives using this method b/c it detects the physical inability for the player to move.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-04-2011, 03:55 PM
yea they are being clipped into the wall. The way it works is it teleports the player to a location and then tries to move the player. If the player is not stuck they can be moved. If they can not be moved they are stuck and it then teleports them back. It is 100% impossible for false positives using this method b/c it detects the physical inability for the player to move.

ah, but in which direction? if he's standing next to a wall, an the function checks in that specific direction, then of course it'll say "STUCK!!"

can you make it check if they can move in ANY direction?

ZERO
02-04-2011, 05:03 PM
It moves them in every direction on the X,Y and Z axis...

Metabr34ker
02-06-2011, 11:36 AM
The revival thing is almost a little too broken, for my tastes. Multiple times, I would get killed, revive myself, and kill off the rest of the team, or simply revive myself three to four times in a row. Shouldn't there be some form of restriction on the number a player can be revived per person playing the class?

It just seems like any time a team has multiple Eye Ra's, that team always wins due to sheer numbers.

Just personal opinion. Not complaining, I love the class, but just an honest issue that I feel can be too easily exploited.

ZERO
02-06-2011, 12:20 PM
It can only revive once per activation. If it revives your then you have a chance to activate that skill again.

Angry Kitty
02-07-2011, 04:59 PM
I think it whould blind an summoned enemy, for like 5 sec in order to give an eye-ra a better chance to kill or flee.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-07-2011, 05:04 PM
I think it whould blind an summoned enemy, for like 5 sec in order to give an eye-ra a better chance to kill or flee.

wow you're an idiot

Tickle Me Emo
02-07-2011, 08:17 PM

lolwut, I would never play any other race ever again. As it is I kill 90% of my summons (although that's partly because people aren't smart and don't play counter classes).

ZERO
02-07-2011, 08:25 PM
I got a great counter class it is called boom head shot...

Dj panda
08-07-2011, 10:07 PM
New problem, or bonus whatever u wanna call it, When you respawn yourself, You will keep respawning yourself in a endless cycle until round is over. So everytime you die, and respawn urself, you will keep doing so until round ends, infinite respawns, has happend to me twice, respawned 18 times lol

maynard
08-07-2011, 10:29 PM
I got a great counter class it is called boom head shot...

best class ever

ZERO
08-07-2011, 10:39 PM
Can not find a glitch in the code it should work as expected. If respawn activates it will respawn the first player to die.

When maxed there is a 50% chance of being revived. So there is a 25% chance of it occurring twice if you were the first person to die. Logically there is also a 12.5% chance if you spawn with it die respawn die and respawn again where as you will activate the power 3 times in a row. Now while 12.% may seem high remember that the real constraint is the odds that you will be the first to die 3 times in a row. Logically there is also the possibility of being revived by some other race one of these times which could boost the probabilities further. In addition if you are always getting killed so fast as to allow this event to actually occur it is more of a bonus for the other team than yourself lol.

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

btw the odds of that occurring from your power alone are: 0.0000000381469727%

Or 1 times out of 3billion from only your power. Where as if each time lets say the chance of dying first was 50% the odds are closer to: (1.45519152 × 10^(-13))%

Thus if this occurs a second time let me know and I will use the program of this race to buy lotto tickets.

acolyte_to_jippity
08-07-2011, 10:41 PM
Thus if this occurs a second time let me know and I will use the program of this race to buy lotto tickets.

it's quotes like this that make us love you zero

no homo

StarsMine
08-08-2011, 08:13 AM
Think the most I have revived myself that way is 4 times. Also kitty, alwats jump when summoning or being summomed. And a boom headshot class woud be epic,as if us wcs players didn't hack enougj XD.

Blackmage
01-17-2012, 04:05 PM
If Resurrect is triggered on a player who goes to spectate before being revived, he enters spectate glitch. Needs spectator spawn filtering.

Blackmage
01-19-2012, 01:50 AM
And for the daily bug report!

On dolls, the only enemy was a level 23(or so) orc, his player info showed no lace. When I tried to use summon, I got the following message: Summon can not find a valid target.

I tried it in different locals, different elevations, nothing worked. Is this a bug, feature, mess up on my part? It had worked before, worked again, don't believe I ever summoned the player in question.

ZERO
01-19-2012, 03:22 PM

Applied team filtering to respawn
Weapon removal already used best method

ZERO
04-23-2012, 03:28 PM

Restored Race to old code
Updated weapon removal code

Blackmage
07-24-2012, 03:01 AM
Someone else may be able to shed more light on this, but:

Tick 10000: Bjorn The Mighty God appears on Haxor at 2:57 round time.
Tick 44000: Jory appears on Haxor at 2:57 round time.
Tick 49000: Bjorn again.
Tick 60000: Jory again, but this time he seems to know it was going to happen and was shooting at 2:57, the previous three he did not.
Tick 75000: He does the same as previous, but just after the start of this round Autoro, a CT disconnects, and Haxor does not summon anyone, but is shooting at 2:57 again. This is the only time he went to Spec and back that did NOT bring someone at 2:57.

Mole time is 2:54. Jory was a jack, Bjorn was human. Haxor was Eye Ra. Haxor had died the previous round, gone to specate, I assume changed race to Vagalion, bought tome in team chat, as it's not visible on the demo. He the rejoined Terrorists. Then the above happened. He might be able to give more details, such as when he went back to Eye Ra.

The demo:

h4x0r
07-24-2012, 08:38 PM
Yeah, Zero, when you switch to a race that is full in Spec, Join the team that has the maxed race limit, Spawn and the menu shows up to choose a new race you can choose Eye Ra and instantly summon, I think it may work with other races that have a delay too (Maybe someone try it with Die Xonvert for instant speed.) It also may work when switching from No Race to Eye Ra, etc...

CYBER
07-24-2012, 09:13 PM
mmm yeah, this happens when you get booted off of race after u spawn.

something similar happens to jack and speed races. for example:
try joining a new map as vagabond where someone is already on vagabond in ur team, u get BOOTED off the race.
then if u switched to Jack for example, u can change ur weap instantly, but you are SLOW, and without a longjump, i.e the spawning powers dont activate...

maybe something similar in a way that the cooldown restriction for eye rae, which is supposed to be trigered at SPAWN, is not being activated because u arent "spawning" as eye rae, but as another race, u are merely "becoming" eye rae, without spawning.

in other words, perhaps haxor is able to spawn people instantly because the cooldown restriction which should have activated at "spawn" is not being triggered bcos he's "spawning" as something else... and all the race knows is that it has an ulti that it can use without restriction...
a fix for that would probably be to trigger the "cooldown" when u "become an eye rae" (same time mechanism used to announce to a player what race he just became) as opposed to when u "spawn as eye rae"... technicalities are a bitch

ZERO
07-27-2012, 03:28 AM
*Idea!

Simplest patch would be to do the following: when a player changes race and is alive kill the player and respawn them. In this case the players powers will now be initialized safely.

StarsMine
07-27-2012, 04:04 AM
But... Sometimes I want to change race so I spawn next round as something else but dont get killed.
Also couldnt that be abused like when you are in a fire fight you change race in the middle of it to get a respawn?

CYBER
07-27-2012, 07:45 AM
But... Sometimes I want to change race so I spawn next round as something else but dont get killed.Also couldnt that be abused like when you are in a fire fight you change race in the middle of it to get a respawn?Im sure zero meant that this would occur when u 'successfully' changerace using the current conditions we have. As in u joined a team and got booted off a restricted race then joined got another race.

But zero, this is very risky, 3 things u need to consider:
the 'kills' shouldnt go to stats...

If the player is holding any items , they need to get them back,

and finally and most importantly, u need to be careful of round wins.../For example, im with a vagalion, got booted off, had to changerace.
As soon as i changed race, my last teammate alive, died, and now ir algorithm is goig to kill me, in order to respawn me, but that will trigger enemy team win, because at one time, all my team was dead including me,,,

i hope uUnderstood what i mean?
Its just like how currently u die as magician, being the last one on ur team, the bird procs and u respawn, but ur team already 'lost the round' because ur death triggered the round end, for all u know ur bird skills would have raped the team that round, but its too late.

So this REALLY need to be accounted for hanging race and gettig killed+respawned.

ZERO
07-27-2012, 01:19 PM
OK then here is an easier way. Force players onto one of the starting races at random. Therefore there no longer is a "no race" and this avoids all the problems.

CYBER
07-27-2012, 02:18 PM
OK then here is an easier way. Force players onto one of the starting races at random. Therefore there no longer is a "no race" and this avoids all the problems.
that would work.

a better solution, if possible,
any chance that you can rig it so that it DOESNT spawn you in the first place if you're on a limited race already taken?
1- you join the server,
2- you pick a race (if u;re smart),
3- u want to join (say) CT, so u press "2",
4- then it takes u to that submenu asking for what player model to use.

THATS WHERE YOU COME IN:
Any chance that at THAT time, you make a check to see if the restricted race they're hopping on is taken? because at that time, u ARE part of the team, so the restrictions apply on you, but u still havent spawned yet. perfect time to do ur mojo.

5- u could either ask them to change race to something that works, after 10 seconds, it just spawns them then with a random starter race.?
6- they play their chosen race, or forced race for round 1 and change shit. but this will also avoid ppl exploiting countdown races like eye rae etc...

teh difference between this and your solution above is that this way we can avoid people being forced to play round 1 on a race they dnt like (say low level undead) just because soemone jacked their race. then again smart people check teams first before picking a race and compensate first round... ur call.

Masskid
07-27-2012, 02:58 PM
NO!!!!! T.T i love "no race"

Blackmage
10-23-2012, 01:42 AM
Seems the gun removal is causing issues.

118200 Tom summons a Hell's Demon, and right after, is summoned himself and killed
Bomb explodes, Next round:
118800 Tom spawns with no gun, looks like no knife for a moment.

I believe there were some other occasions. Can't tell if he bought an ankh in teamchat, but this is the outcome.

Wolfenstinger
01-17-2015, 01:35 AM
At end of round, if ult was used and is only level 1, can summon into next round (happened while I was playing shadow hunter and ended up warding their spawn before I realized what happened.)

Same issue as Genocide; but I take it that it's because the race hasn't been recoded yet either?