PDA

View Full Version : New Races Suggestions (discussion)

CYBER
01-26-2011, 01:08 PM
So this is a suggestion thread for races you might think off, where people would post a suggestion about NON OVER POWERED/FAVORITED races, that could actually be considered a WCS balanced race.
keep in mind it is a discussion thread, so it's just a way to share our WCS fantasies.
for those who want to call this thread a fail, keep it to yourself, because it's a fun thread, not a request thread.
for those who want to bitch about the race, do so, but say WHY the race fails or is OP and suggest alternative, and keep in mind not all races, if any , would actually be taken seriously :P so it's kinda a discussion thread more than a request thread, just so that zero has a pool of new ideas to chose from in case he runs out of ideas because he is busy working on the classic races.
:)

BlindGam3r
01-26-2011, 02:00 PM
Immortal (taken from SC2)

5 levels
Spawn with pump shotgun and deagle (race limited to these and nades)

Hardened shield: Your shield protects you. 20-60% chance to reduce the damage of incoming attacks to a maximum of 70-30 damage
Pushback: The force of your attacks cause the opponent to loose their balance. 10-40% chance of shaking your opponents screen
Regeneration: Regenerate your shield. Regain 2 hp every 5-1 seconds
Hand cannon: Payback time. All damage is doubled for 3-10 seconds

In starcraft, the immortal is the tank of your army. He leads, and soaks up any meaningful damage from the enemy. He is however vulnerable to fast firing units like the marine, because the hardened shield only limits the maximum damage in one hit. This translates over to WCS in that the hardened shield will do very little to submachines etc. The immortal also deals massive damage to armoured units but does relatively poorly vs unarmoured. But its kind of hard to translate that into WCS, thus the ultimate. It could be immortality, but then I think it would be too like shadow hunter, what with the regen as well. The shotgun seems to be the most logical gun to give it, since the immortal does slow but powerful hits

In WCS, this race is would basically be for rushing in head first, dealing damage with the shotgun, then getting out and regening. The immortal leads. In terms of items to restrict, I think the helm might be an option, because of the hardened shield ability. Other items, I dont know, Ill let you decide

maynard
01-26-2011, 02:18 PM
there's already an existing race suggestion thread up, not sure why you made this thread, more so when you don't even have a race idea.

http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5771

we don't need every one 2 now re post their race ideas here, there's just no point...

CYBER
01-26-2011, 03:40 PM
there's already an existing race suggestion thread up, not sure why you made this thread, more so when you don't even have a race idea.

http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5771

we don't need every one 2 now re post their race ideas here, there's just no point...

the other thread was angry kitty's request, this thread is for discussions and make it an official thread to have ppl post their request..
whoever checks the other thread would assume it is simply angry kitty's personal thread...so i thought instead of having multiple loose threads like kitty and superman's etc... i would group them here...
and i will repost the other ones if its that big of a deal
as for my race idea, i am still working on it bcos i was in a programming lab when i made the thread and i got busy with my actual work.

maynard
01-26-2011, 03:51 PM
other thread already has multiple peoples ideas on it, so obviously it can be used as the race request thread, there's no reason 2 remake an exiting thread...

it might have started has someones personal request thread but if you read it, multiple people are already discussing races, and giving ideas... use the other thread, it's been stickied.

CYBER
01-26-2011, 04:55 PM
alright, can u move the above race suggestion to other thread then?
i will post my race there
thanks. and sry for the trouble...
u can delete this thread to avoid confusion.