PDA

View Full Version : The problem with ZM the 800lb gorilla.

Andrew_Pavlik
02-01-2011, 02:56 PM
You hear it all the time, ZM is full of retards, admins from ZM are abuse happy and just plain bad, I stopped playing ZM a year ago.. etc etc..

I've been thinking about writing this for awhile now and I'm sure I'm going to say some things all of you have been saying all along. But after playing on the server close to 2 years and just recently a new admin Id like to discuss what I see whats wrong and perhaps how to fix it.

The problems:

First is the obvious, the server is just to big. Even if you could fill it with 35 good people there would just be to many people with relation to cade spots. But the bigger problem is the server usually has 5 good people and 30, well 30 others. And then what happens is the 30 good people see where the 5 good people cade the round before and now you have a clusterfuck of people trying to get one spot, this causes blocking, cade breaking, bad cades being built or if a zombie turns and isn't 1 of the 20 that went to that one spot, essentially the round is over right there with 1-5 clueless zombies running around. Also a problem with the mass/popular spot is that even if a good number of zombies do turn they are usually occupied with trying to tag people in that spot therefor thats where the kills are and it just brings more people to that spot, is a vicious and boring cycle.

Second is admins, I will admit flat out that 90% of the admins that come from ZM are bad. What happens is you have admins who noclip, play with item restrictions, slap people for fun, set people on fire, make people fire bombs, change maps, put up constant votes, make people invisible or just do things like kick/ban people who cade with them etc etc.... Now sure sometimes these are necessary and in moderation are fine. But what ends up happening is 1-2 admins abuse this, 4 players think, hey we can buy admin and make the server our own personal playground like these 2, and now you have 6 bad admins and so the trend continues. There are even cases when I log on and its so frustrating to play just the way admin(s) are acting I log off or go to WCS and I'm an admin myself! A lot of people blame server population will go down when a certain admin is on, I think what happens is people get fed up and just leave based on actions or heck even map choices the admin makes. Rezel said it best is that you arn't an admin on the server for your own personal gains, you are there for the 30 other players on the server.

Third are the rules. There is no 'rule' section on ZM and heck there are about a dozen official illegal cad spot threads on ZM its no wonder why admins constantly conflict each other and players have no idea whats going on. For example we all know cade breaking is illegal? But how do you handle it? Do you handle it differently if it was on accident or someone being a douchebag? Also there is this whole cading crouch spots issue and 2 per tube? Also what if people disconnect or go into spec to miss being tagged from a zombie? There are some real rules that need to be mad official so maybe admins might now how to handle certain situations.

Fourth is ZE maps. Now I'm not a huge fan of ZE maps to begin with but a lot of people like to play them for whatever reason. The problem is that zombies are too 'nerfed' on them. I know I can personally kite any type of zombie and kill him on a ZE map, because unless its a fast zombie its no faster then me and there HPs are super low. This makes MOST(not all) ZE maps super one sided and it seems the only reason why zombies might win a ZE map now is that so many people buy scouts its hard to defend certain spots. (I know, players faults not the map or settings)

Holy hand gernade. I believe that this is a little over powered. I mean set on fire for 30secs? If you are in a vent it makes moving forward impossible and Ive seen it plenty of times where zombies will just run off and hide till the fire goes off, is that probably the purpose of it? Sure and I get it but if you have 4-5 zombies not doing anything for 20-30secs, it kind of makes it boring. I know I personally play and cade to kill zombies, not to hide in a vending machine for 5mins.

Voting. This is also an old and obvious problem. When the vote comes up 1-2 get spammed way to much which causes a lot of unwanted map extension which I believe also causes a poor population or just people getting frustrated.

Solutions:

1. Shrink the server size. However we all know this wont happen so perhaps to make things a little more challenging to help against the '20 people make a cade' mentality, perhaps spawn 2-3 zombies at the beginning? This will also help on Human sided maps which seems to be a lot these days.

2. Make people be a member of the website for like a week or 2 and perhaps they will see all the admin abuse threads and see how to not act as an admin? Also perhaps clan members should personally msg certain admins be like hey, if you don't knock it off that 11 dollars is going to waste and there is a chance you'll be perma banned from all the servers. Or even a 'rules' section that says if an admin is caught doing X that will be considered abuse.

3. Simple, create an official ZM rules post. And as for illegal cading spots I think a lot of you are 'kidding' yourself about getting into certain area's with 10 people shooting at you with shotguns and para's. So why not make it simple, all crouch spots with 1 entrance can not be caded. No cading with a money crate. Who cares how many people per tube? You can't shoot through people so the more people you have the more of a disadvantage you are at. Rule concerning blocking of both humans and zombies. I would also like to add that its the objective for zombies to tag people, if a zombie is refuses to try and tag anyone thats bannable/kickable(of course under the right circumstances, if they have 3 health thats one thing) To many times 1 zombie spawns and he just lets himself be killed.

4. Either give zombies full health or regular speed. And spawn more then 1 too. give ZE map a challenge and not totally one sided.

5. Shorting the time on fire? Add more damage of initial blast?

6. Add an option to revote or make it easier to 'rtv'.

If you read this ALL, I thank you.

anex
02-01-2011, 03:35 PM
Second is admins, I will admit flat out that 90% of the admins that come from ZM are bad. What happens is you have admins who noclip, play with item restrictions, slap people for fun, set people on fire, make people fire bombs, change maps, put up constant votes, make people invisible or just do things like kick/ban people who cade with them etc etc....Rezel said it best is that you arn't an admin on the server for your own personal gains, you are there for the 30 other players on the server.

I know what you mean and its annoying. I had an admin last night who unrestricted so he could us it. Limited it to one for himself. Trust me when I say Andrew that shit in zm is going to change pretty soon for the better... I hope.

Third are the rules. There is no 'rule' section on ZM and heck there are about a dozen official illegal cad spot threads on ZM its no wonder why admins constantly conflict each other and players have no idea whats going on. For example we all know cade breaking is illegal? But how do you handle it? Do you handle it differently if it was on accident or someone being a douchebag? Also there is this whole cading crouch spots issue and 2 per tube? Also what if people disconnect or go into spec to miss being tagged from a zombie? There are some real rules that need to be mad official so maybe admins might now how to handle certain situations.

Rezel and I are trying to sort all that nonsense out. As of right we are trying to figure out which spots should be deemed illegal based on a criteria because honestly, not all caded crouch spots should be illegal. However we should switch our main focus over to server rules. That is on our list but mainly we have been working on the official illegal cades list. However official server rules will be our top priority. After we make a draft, we will submit to you guys for review to ensure accuracy.

The "two per tube" issue is tricky because really more than two people in tube screws people over a lot. Hopefully we can clarify this issue with blocking as a human to prevent others from ruining your tubing experience.

2. Also perhaps clan members should personally msg certain admins be like hey, if you don't knock it off that 11 dollars is going to waste and there is a chance you'll be perma banned from all the servers. Or even a 'rules' section that says if an admin is caught doing X that will be considered abuse.

That is currently going on. :smirk: Also if others are not around, take a demo and post it in the admin abuse area so we can crucify their ass.

3. Simple, create an official ZM rules post. And as for illegal cading spots I think a lot of you are 'kidding' yourself about getting into certain area's with 10 people shooting at you with shotguns and para's. So why not make it simple, all crouch spots with 1 entrance can not be caded. No cading with a money crate. Who cares how many people per tube? You can't shoot through people so the more people you have the more of a disadvantage you are at. Rule concerning blocking of both humans and zombies. I would also like to add that its the objective for zombies to tag people, if a zombie is refuses to try and tag anyone thats bannable/kickable(of course under the right circumstances, if they have 3 health thats one thing) To many times 1 zombie spawns and he just lets himself be killed.

Understood. I'll add you on steam to see what rules you think should be (aside from the ones you already have here).

&&toasties
02-01-2011, 03:52 PM
Anex, Rezel, and James are going to help us get ZM back in order.

I don't care to play much because I get fucked over a lot as well.

But I'll play if they're on...or if my lover and his friends play.

D:

D:

Let's hope we can bring back all of our old regulars, and bring ZM back to it's former glory.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-01-2011, 03:53 PM
6. i believe it's their own damn fault. if they spam 1 or 2, well, that's what they voted for. i refuse to save people from their own stupidity, unless it's a map i truly TRULY hate. personally, i believe that on map votes, anyone who just spams 1 should be kicked immediately, or at least blinded the next round. put the extend option to spot 2. make them learn to read the votes.

Andrew_Pavlik
02-01-2011, 04:01 PM
I don't care to play much because I get fucked over a lot as well.

I bet its because you are a girl.

But seriously, how do you get fucked over because these are the things we are trying to change.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-01-2011, 04:18 PM
Anex, Rezel, and James are going to help us get ZM back in order.

i can't wait for this. been tough holding the place down w/ blade

although lately it's been a huge help to have rezel and some oldies back

anex
02-01-2011, 04:25 PM
This is what I could muster off the top of my head. Feel free to suggest shit then we shall submit it to Zero for approval.

Also punishments get more severe for repeat offender. (IE Ban times go up)

Ztele
- As a human to escape being tagged (5min ban)
- A zombie can ztele at anytime the player wishes

Illegal cades
- as deemed in the illegal cade sub section (Kick if not complied)

Objectives
+Objectives are mandatory
- Zombie
+ Not wanting to be a zombie and try to get themselves killed (5min ban)

Cade Breaking
- Ruining someones cades from the inside (accidental nades should not be faulted as it may not be intentional)
- Shooting to get into someones cade or to get out
- Getting yourself purposely tagged while in someones cade (5min ban)

Blocking
- Zombies cannot prevent a human from being tagged
- Humans may not block if the end results in the death of another player (IE World damage, Map kill boxes)
+ Blocking for end result of player(s) getting tagged or to deny a player access to a cade is fine in the following area
- Tubes
- Cades

Teamkilling
- Human may not use map triggers to kill team mates (IE Blowing the bridge)

Restricted weapons
- Any players found with the following restricted items should be kicked
- AWP
- Auto Awp
- Smoke grenades
- Flash grenades

Admins
- May not
+ Use over excessive bans (IE a month)
+ Give health to themselves or other players
+ Slap themselves or others to gain an unfair advantage
+ Never change the servers gravity settings
+ Never use noclip
+ Unrestrict restricted weapons as follows
- AWP
- Auto Awp
- Smoke grenades
- Flash grenades

acolyte_to_jippity
02-01-2011, 04:46 PM
This is what I could muster off the top of my head. Feel free to suggest shit then we shall submit it to Zero for approval.

Also punishments get more severe for repeat offender. (IE Ban times go up)

Ztele
- As a human to escape being tagged (5min ban)
- A zombie can ztele at anytime the player wishes

Illegal cades
- as deemed in the illegal cade sub section (Kick if not complied)

Objectives
+Objectives are mandatory
- Zombie
+ Not wanting to be a zombie and try to get themselves killed (5min ban)
+ When someone gets turned inside of the cade, that player must turn the others (No zteleing out)

Cade Breaking
- Ruining someones cades from the inside (accidental nades should not be faulted as it may not be intentional)
- Shooting to get into someones cade or to get out
- Getting yourself purposely tagged while in someones cade (5min ban)

Blocking
- Zombies cannot prevent a human from being tagged
- Humans may not block if the end results in the death of another player (IE World damage, Map kill boxes)
+ Blocking for end result of player(s) getting tagged or to deny a player access to a cade is fine in the following area
- Tubes
- Cades

Restricted weapons
- Any players found with the following restricted items should be kicked
- AWP
- Auto Awp
- Smoke grenades
- Flash grenades

Admins
- May not
+ Use over excessive bans (IE a month)
+ Give health to themselves or other players
+ Slap themselves or others to gain an unfair advantage
+ Never change the servers gravity settings
+ Never use noclip
+ Unrestrict restricted weapons as follows
- AWP
- Auto Awp
- Smoke grenades
- Flash grenades

few things
disagree
i believe that a few select admins (the new senior system will make this easy) should retain these. some maps fuck gravity up

anex
02-01-2011, 04:54 PM
few things
disagree
i believe that a few select admins (the new senior system will make this easy) should retain these. some maps fuck gravity up

**Took out the item listed in red**

Zero has said himself that no one should use the noclip command. This is just adding into his wishes. Instead of changing the gravity (which in turn could screw up prop physics) you could simply tell zero about the problem or do a server restart. From what I have seen, a server restart does more good than using the gravity command.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-01-2011, 04:58 PM
Instead of changing the gravity (which in turn could screw up prop physics) you could simply tell zero about the problem or do a server restart. From what I have seen, a server restart does more good than using the gravity command.

that is a good point. my mistake

X 1 Viper1
02-01-2011, 05:02 PM
Really? Do we need another one of these threads? There must be another 30 of these buried somewhere. People have been saying this stuff for years and none of it has changed. Thats why zm is full of so many morons. No one stays around to get good at it and learn stuff. Most people you see on that server play there once and don't come back thats why its all noobs. Also the illegal cade spots should be know by admins i mean its basic common sense, which some people don't understand. IMO this thread will die in a week with people "saying" they'll fix stuff but it won't ever get done just half way there...

B1ackOut
02-01-2011, 05:07 PM
viper now we have clanners who play zmod and have the power to start making changes, rather than a bunch of admins just making threads hoping their superiors will read it.

X 1 Viper1
02-01-2011, 05:09 PM
but viper now we have clanners who play zmod and have the power to start making changes, rather than a bunch of admins just making threads hoping their superiors will read it.

You realize the only on is anex...and hes so drunk hes more liable to fuck something up more than i am lol.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-01-2011, 05:17 PM
You realize the only on is anex...and hes so drunk hes more liable to fuck something up more than i am lol.

rezel?

B1ackOut
02-01-2011, 05:20 PM

even so he is a person with great influence in the community and actually make changes that the few regulars and smart admins will listen to. beside there is rezel who might not have admin but he can still help with the process. it might not be instant but they are trying to change things

X 1 Viper1
02-01-2011, 05:25 PM
even so he is a person with great influence in the community and actually make changes that the few regulars and smart admins will listen to. beside there is rezel who might not have admin but he can still help with the process. it might not be instant but they are trying to change things

....I guess you can have dreams.

anex
02-01-2011, 05:25 PM

James, Rezel, and I. We are trying to get shit fixed so ZM. Unless you have any helpful insight to add, then I suggest you don't post in this thread. You don't believe anything is going to actually happen? Check back in a week.

BladeTwinSwords
02-01-2011, 05:45 PM
ZM has turned to total shit. It is only fun when specific people are on. Granted, I do set people on fire or drug them. But the people are usually friends of mine or smartasses.

ZERO, I will soon post a [Configure ze_death_star_escape] thread about auto setting the gravity back to 800 when the map is over.

anex, I agree with all that you posted.

maynard
02-01-2011, 05:48 PM
should be interesting when zero audits the ZM admins logs.

BladeTwinSwords
02-01-2011, 06:10 PM
should be interesting when zero audits the ZM admins logs.

ZERO will see a lot of me slapping myself so i fall to my death :lmao:

acolyte_to_jippity
02-01-2011, 06:30 PM

and an epic slap-knife fight between me an...was it tastycakes?

&&toasties
02-01-2011, 06:37 PM
I bet its because you are a girl.

But seriously, how do you get fucked over because these are the things we are trying to change.

I meant in cading.

Like I'll try to go somewhere and noobs follow me because I wear our tag, and they fuck up my cade, and I can't fix it in time before I get tagged.

That's how.

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-01-2011, 06:50 PM
1. rules are a must. thank you anx for being proactive on that.

2. Cading spots.. alot of cading spots people think are immpossible, are infact possible to break into. It seems immpossible when you combine 4 veteran ZM players and 30 mindless retards counter acting what you are doing to get into a cade.

3. All in all i think the best way to "help" zm is to have people who are responsible and can set a good example play in the ZM server.
i.e. Anex, rezel, james. I have been a little more active as well.

ZM is like a runaway puppy. it isnt going to be hard to rope now that we have clan members playing in there. An soon enough the senior admin system. Only a retarded admin would abuse when clan is there.

if there is anything i can do to help please let me know. Regarding ANYTHING ZM related. ill re-review the list of rules and bump the cade spot thread

also, i feel like this process will run alot more smooth if we keep the post relevant. We arnt hear to converse about our days, we are here to make ZM as amazing as it used to be.

also anex can you make and sticky the rules in a diffrent thread?

http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?p=100104#post100104

anex
02-01-2011, 07:32 PM
We are still drafting. Rezel and I just got done doing a more comprehensive listing and we need to get it ok'd with zero before we go ahead and make a sticky. He should be posting the second draft here shortly... he went to go get pizza.

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-01-2011, 07:35 PM
We are still drafting. Rezel and I just got done doing a more comprehensive listing and we need to get it ok'd with zero before we go ahead and make a sticky. He should be posting the second draft here shortly... he went to go get pizza.

sounds great!

mmmm pizza

Rezel
02-01-2011, 08:13 PM
By Rezel, and Anex

May be updated at any time, as these are only beta we ask that you input any ideas to add to these rules to further better them.

Zteleing –This only pertains to humans who are attempting to use this ability to ztele away from zombies.
• Attempting to flee from a zombie who is chasing a player.
• Barricading a Illegal barricade(as deemed in the illegal cade sub section – Kick if not complied)

Cade Breaking – Whoever gets into the the room first is the soul proprietor of that room, and has the freedom to do whatever he deems necessary to survive.

• Attempting to destroy a barricade with malicious content:

o To get into the users barricade
o To get out of the users barricade
o Grenadeing the users barricade to spite them, or for personal entertainment. (This does not include accidental grenades; punishment will be left up to the admin to decide)

Blocking – Using users body to block another zombie from tagging its opponent, or not allowing another user into the barricade.

• Preventing other zombies to tag a human(s) by blocking. Humans may not block if the end result is the death of another player(s) -IE World Damage, Map Kills box’s.

o Tubes
o Barricades
o Crawl Spaces

• Blocking other player(s) from entering your barricade (While zombies are not spawned) due to too many people in the spot (overflow)
Team killing – Killing other players by in game map tricks, bugs, and purposeful tagging.
• Using map triggers to kill team mates (IE Blowing up the bridge)
• Sitting in a spot to purposefully get tagged and kill the rest of your barricading group.
• Exploiting the grenade glitch to purposefully killing your barricading group.

Restricted Weapons – buying weapons which are not restricted.
• Picking up weapons which you are not supposed to be using.

o Awps
o Auto Snipers
o Smoke Grenades
o Flash Grenades

• Using console to buy weapons

o Awps
o Auto Snipers
o Smoke Grenades
o Flash Grenades

Admins: May be depicted by the severity of the issue:
It is also highly suggested that admins login to the IBIS Ventrilo for better communication between them.
• Using excessive bans for minor offenses (Ie A month).

• Restricted Admin usage (May Change)

o Slapping themselves to gain an unfair advantage.
o Changing the gravity settings
o Using Noclip
o Unrestricting weapons (see Restricted weapons section)
o Turning players into freeze bombs/firebombs
o Obsessively beaconing a barricading group
o Giving health to themselves

Ban Criteria

Cade breaking | -Zteleing | Blocking

I. Freeze the user
II. Kick with a warning in admin chat.
III. Ban – May resort to this depending on severity (Etc: Purposefully cade breaking)

a. 5 minute ban
b. 30 minute ban
c. 1 hour ban
d. 24 hour ban

Blocking | Blocking - Admin may resort immediately to a short ban depending on severity.

a. Kick
b. 5 minutes
c. 2 hours
d. 24 hours

Restricted Weapons –Depending on severity will more than likely lead up to

a. Kick
b. 5 minutes
c. 30 minutes
d. 2 hours
e. 24 hours
f. 48 hours
Admins: - Admins abusing their rights should be reported in the forums immediately; repercussions as zero sees fit.

CYBER
02-01-2011, 08:13 PM

hahaha same here, i usually drop by zm when the new admins cant handle it and i do my thangggg lol, or i slap myself to someplace where ppl tell me someone is break the rules so that i see it myself without using noclip or going spec

but after that , i give everyone a warning about the following, and i litterally slap myself all over the place, zombie or not, just to pass the time, provided that i go back to objective when im the last human or smthn and not tag ppl hiding in high places if i happeend to be zombie lol...

i just wanna see zero's reaction when he sees that log lol

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-01-2011, 08:22 PM
By Rezel, and Anex

May be updated at any time, as these are only beta we ask that you input any ideas to add to these rules to further better them.

Zteleing –This only pertains to humans who are attempting to use this ability to ztele away from zombies.
• Barricading a Illegal barricade(as deemed in the illegal cade sub section – Kick if not complied)

Cade Breaking – Whoever gets into the the room first is the soul proprietor of that room, and has the freedom to do whatever he deems necessary to survive.
• Attempting to destroy a barricade with malicious INTENT:
o Grenadeing the users barricade to spite them, or for personal entertainment. (This does not include accidental grenades; punishment will be left up to the admin to decide)

Blocking – Using users body to block another zombie from tagging its opponent, or not allowing another user into the barricade.

• Preventing other zombies to tag a human(s) by blocking. Humans may not block if the end result is the death of another player(s) -IE World Damage, Map Kills box’s.
o Tubes
o Barricades
o Crawl Spaces
• Blocking other player(s) from entering your barricade (While zombies are not spawned) due to too many people in the spot (overflow)
Team killing – Killing other players by in game map tricks, bugs, and purposeful tagging.
• Sitting in a spot to purposefully get tagged and kill the rest of your barricading group.

o Awps
o Auto Snipers
o Smoke Grenades
o Flash Grenades
o Awps
o Auto Snipers
o Smoke Grenades
o Flash Grenades

It is also highly suggested that admins login to the IBIS Ventrilo for better communication between them.
• Restricted Admin usage (May Change)
o Using Noclip
o Turning players into freeze bombs/firebombs

Ban Criteria

I. Freeze the user
III. Ban – May resort to this depending on severity (Etc: Purposefully cade breaking)

a. 5 minute ban
b. 30 minute ban
c. 1 hour ban
d. 24 hour ban

Blocking | Blocking - Admin may resort immediately to a short ban depending on severity.
a. Kick
b. 5 minutes
c. 2 hours
d. 24 hours

a. Kick
b. 5 minutes
c. 30 minutes
d. 2 hours
e. 24 hours
f. 48 hours
Admins: - Admins abusing their rights should be reported in the forums immediately; repercussions as zero sees fit.

some of the rules seem a little unclear, these are all offensive actions correct?
what about for the blocknig people from crawling in tubes.. just make it a universel 2 per tube rule?

i also fixed what i thought was a typo =P

acolyte_to_jippity
02-01-2011, 09:52 PM
wait, you list situations when things are allowed an not allowed in same phrasing and place. there's no differentiation.

are we not allowed to block someone from entering cade when it's full?

ZERO
02-01-2011, 10:01 PM
As for the programing side of things I am planning to program my own map vote system from scratch that will SOLVE all map voting related problems for good. I am also thinking about updating the grenades so that you can put the fire out if you go in water.

Obviously there are many more things that need to be done but the good news is that with the new clan members we can look at more things faster.

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-01-2011, 10:54 PM
As for the programing side of things I am planning to program my own map vote system from scratch that will SOLVE all map voting related problems for good. I am also thinking about updating the grenades so that you can put the fire out if you go in water.

Obviously there are many more things that need to be done but the good news is that with the new clan members we can look at more things faster.

+1:wtg:

ZERO
02-02-2011, 12:01 AM
I have just reprogrammed the auto buy to reduce lag and errors. So far I have been unbable to get any of the mods to generate errors so we now run totally error free. It will no longer drop nades if you already have one which will GREATLY improve performance and will also prevent any possible crashes this could cause. In the future I will also filter out zombies to improve the code further.

One other thing I was wondering, would you guys like weapons n shit to be removed on death. Destroying these entities will improve server performance and client side fps.

BladeTwinSwords
02-02-2011, 12:20 AM
I have just reprogrammed the auto buy to reduce lag and errors. So far I have been unbable to get any of the mods to generate errors so we now run totally error free. It will no longer drop nades if you already have one which will GREATLY improve performance and will also prevent any possible crashes this could cause. In the future I will also filter out zombies to improve the code further.

One other thing I was wondering, would you guys like weapons n shit to be removed on death. Destroying these entities will improve server performance and client side fps.

I say yes. Most of the time, we don't need the extra guns lying around. It's only grenades that you should keep.

Rezel
02-02-2011, 12:23 AM
That would definitely make a difference, I don't see much of a point to keep the weapons, There is enough ammunition on the guns to stay alive so they shouldn't be needing to pick another one up.

On another thought Zero, with the one spamming on votes, why not add a time limit where the players can only view the choices. Then when they actually get the chance to vote they might be more aware of what they are choosing instead of spamming.

-Rezel

acolyte_to_jippity
02-02-2011, 12:24 AM
i still like the idea of insta-kicks for voting 1 on map votes

ZERO
02-02-2011, 01:09 AM
Actually the main reason I want to make my own plugin is so that there will be a revote between the top 2 options to make things easier. Also more random selection of maps.

anex
02-02-2011, 08:34 AM
That would definitely make a difference, I don't see much of a point to keep the weapons, There is enough ammunition on the guns to stay alive so they shouldn't be needing to pick another one up.

I always liked it because when I didn't have time to reload, I would just pick up the gun of the dead guy and keep shooting. But if it reduces server lag, then I think we should get rid of it.

By Rezel, and Anex

• Attempting to destroy a barricade with regardless of intent:

Blocking – Using players body to block another zombie from tagging its opponent, or not allowing another user into the barricade.

• When blocking is allowed as a human

o Tubes
o Barricades
o Crawl Spaces
o Blocking other player(s) from entering your barricade (While zombies has not spawned) due to too many people in the spot (overflow)

o Awps
o Auto Snipers
o Smoke Grenades
o Flash Grenades

o Awps
o Auto Snipers
o Smoke Grenades
o Flash Grenades

Restricted Admin usage (Subject to change)

o Using Noclip
o Turning players into freeze bombs/firebombs against players consent

Ban Criteria

I. Freeze the user

a. 5 minute ban
b. 30 minute ban
c. 1 hour ban
d. 24 hour ban

a. Kick
b. 5 minutes
c. 2 hours
d. 24 hours

a. Kick
b. 5 minutes
c. 30 minutes
d. 2 hours
e. 24 hours
f. 48 hours

Changes in red

some of the rules seem a little unclear, these are all offensive actions correct?
what about for the blocknig people from crawling in tubes.. just make it a universel 2 per tube rule?

I did the changes above to hopefully make it more clear. I don't think we should have the 2 per tube rule but instead allow the play to block. If we allow the two per tube rule, situations could get more complicated. Allowing a player to block in the tube is a much simpler idea and it eliminates the "Admin this guy won't get out of our tube!" "Well did you block or try to prevent him from getting in?" "No..." "Well then its your own damn fault."

wait, you list situations when things are allowed an not allowed in same phrasing and place. there's no differentiation.

are we not allowed to block someone from entering cade when it's full?

Still a draft and not the final, which areas are you talking about? You are allowed to block someone from entering a cade. You do not have to let anyone in if you don't want to.

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-02-2011, 08:54 AM
• When blocking is allowed as a human

o Tubes
o Barricades
o Crawl Spaces
o Blocking other player(s) from entering your barricade (While zombies has not spawned) due to too many people in the spot (overflow)

Maybe dipict exactly how many people "overflow" is. I see this turning into somthing along the lines of "GET OUT THEre IS TO MANY PEOPLE" arguments more often.

Also i mentioned to rezel about a universal crouch and tube spot number, like i.e.

In any crouch or tube spot can there be at one time, 2 people, unless the original 2 people in said crouch or tube spot agree to let others in.

anex
02-02-2011, 09:04 AM
Maybe dipict exactly how many people "overflow" is. I see this turning into somthing along the lines of "GET OUT THEre IS TO MANY PEOPLE" arguments more often.

Also i mentioned to rezel about a universal crouch and tube spot number, like i.e.

In any crouch or tube spot can there be at one time, 2 people, unless the original 2 people in said crouch or tube spot agree to let others in.

Haha tube spot number. Damn, we are about to get technical and specific on zm! I like the tube spot number idea. It will take some time to map out all the tube/crouch numbers. When I get off tonight (I'm actually on lunch right now and I have to go back soon) we should get on ventrilo and start mapping out stuff if you want.

We were just trying to simplify the two per tube "rule".

acolyte_to_jippity
02-02-2011, 09:20 AM
i meant in general. it's just confusing when you list the "cans" right next to the "cant's"
the big one was the blocking as human though

i'm guessing using the cannon on siberia, natalya's ship, an zerbes demon to kill your teammates is a no-no as well?

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-02-2011, 09:59 AM
i meant in general. it's just confusing when you list the "cans" right next to the "cant's"
the big one was the blocking as human though

i'm guessing using the cannon on siberia, natalya's ship, an zerbes demon to kill your teammates is a no-no as well?

this covers it.

if i am awake around that time, id love to help.

Before i forget, ill write it hear. In regards to tube analysis 99.9% of the time tubes are in sections and most tubes are in two part i.e. the tubes on lila panic and for example scrap yard, is also 2 sectioned tube. This might be the quickest way of comeing to a reasonable and fair conclusion regarding these areas.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-02-2011, 10:13 AM
Before i forget, ill write it hear. In regards to tube analysis 99.9% of the time tubes are in sections and most tubes are in two part i.e. the tubes on lila panic and for example scrap yard, is also 2 sectioned tube. This might be the quickest way of comeing to a reasonable and fair conclusion regarding these areas.

bumfight's outside tube is 2 sections, it's a 4-person spot. can't hold it w/ less, can't hold it with more (assuming non-fail zambies)

maybe 2 per tube section?

BladeTwinSwords
02-02-2011, 10:53 AM
bumfight's outside tube is 2 sections, it's a 4-person spot. can't hold it w/ less, can't hold it with more (assuming non-fail zambies)

maybe 2 per tube section?

Depends on what type of tube. There are two different lengths of tubes. One holds 1 person, the other holds 2 people.

anex
02-02-2011, 12:09 PM
Zombie MOD Rules v1.0

May be updated at any time

Admins it is highly suggested that you login to the IBIS Ventrilo for better communication.

Ventrillo Information
IP: 64.34.167.21
Port: 3426

Note to players: Admins abusing their rights should be reported in the forums immediately with a demo. If you believe an admin is abusing his powers, please report that individual here.

Barracading - Regarding illegal cading / God items

Barricading a Illegal barricade (as deemed in the illegal cade sub section)
Cading all entrances to a crouched spot
Illegal props and/or items

Money crate
God items (IE MP5 Urban Downtown v2 only not the final)

Zteleing –This only pertains to humans

Attempting to flee from a zombie.

Cade Breaking – Whoever gets into the the room first is the sole proprietor of that room, and has the freedom to do whatever he deems necessary to survive.
Attempting to destroy a barricade with regardless of intent:
To get into the users barricade

To get out of the users barricade
Grenading the users barricade to spite them, or for personal entertainment. (This does not include accidental grenades; punishment will be left up to the admin to decide

Blocking (Not Allowed) – Using players body to deny players access to a certain area

Preventing other zombies to tag a human(s) by blocking.
Humans may not block if the end result is the death of another player(s) -IE World Damage, Map Kills box’s.

Blocking (Allowed) - As a human, this does not apply to zombies

Tube
Barricades
Crawl Spaces
An area when its player limit has been exceeded

Team killing – Killing other players by in game map tricks, bugs, and purposeful tagging
Using map triggers to kill team mates (IE Blowing up the bridge)
Sitting in a spot to purposefully get tagged and kill the rest of your barricading group.
Exploiting the grenade glitch to purposefully killing your barricading group.

Restricted Weapons – Buying weapons which are not restricted

Picking up weapons which you are not supposed to be using.

Awps
Auto Snipers
Smoke Grenades
Flash Grenades

Using console to buy weapons

Awps
Auto Snipers
Smoke Grenades
Flash Grenades

Restricted Admin usage

Slapping themselves to gain an unfair advantage.
Changing the gravity settings
Using Noclip
Unrestricting restricted weapons (see Restricted weapons section)
Turning players into freeze bombs/firebombs against players consent
Obsessively beaconing a barricading group
Giving health to themselves or others

Ban Criteria

I. Freeze the user

a. 5 minute ban
b. 30 minute ban
c. 1 hour ban
d. 24 hour ban

Blocking - Admin may resort immediately to a short ban depending on severity.

a. Kick after verbal/written warning
b. 5 minutes
c. 2 hours
d. 24 hours

b. 5 minutes
c. 30 minutes
d. 2 hours
e. 24 hours
f. 48 hours

acolyte_to_jippity
02-02-2011, 01:36 PM
Barracading - Regarding illegal cading / God items

Barricading a Illegal barricade (as deemed in the illegal cade sub section)
Cading all entrances to a crouched spot

Money crate

anex would you have my baby? that's the only reason i hate that fucking map. you're saying it's not allowed?

anex
02-02-2011, 01:47 PM
anex would you have my baby? that's the only reason i hate that fucking map. you're saying it's not allowed?

On that particular version it is, it ruins the map for people. On the urban final one I am told that the MP5 is on a timer and doesn't last the whole round.

Rezel
02-02-2011, 01:48 PM
Zombie MOD Rules v1.0

Warning: This may change

Admins it is highly suggested that you login to the IBIS Ventrilo for better communication.

Ventrilo Information
IP: 64.34.167.21
Port: 3426

Note to players: Admins abusing their rights should be reported in the forums immediately with a demo. If you believe an admin is abusing his powers, please report that individual here.

Barricading - Regarding illegal barricading / God items

Barricading a Illegal barricade (as deemed in the illegal barricade sub section)
Barricading all entrances to a crouched spot (This only applies if there is only one entrance to block.)

Money crate

Zteleing –This only pertains to humans

Attempting to flee from a zombie.

Cade Breaking – Whoever gets into the the room first is the sole proprietor of that room, and has the freedom to do whatever he deems necessary to survive.
Attempting to destroy a barricade with regardless of intent:

To get into the users barricade
To get out of the users barricade
Throwing a grenade at the users barricade to spite them, or for personal entertainment. (This does not include accidental grenades; punishment will be left up to the admin to decide)

Blocking

Not Allowed – Using players body to deny players access to a certain area

Preventing other zombies to tag a human(s) by blocking.
Humans may not block if the end result is the death of another player(s) -IE World Damage, Map Kills box’s.

Allowed - As a human, this does not apply to zombies

Tube
Barricades
Crawl Spaces
An area when its player limit has been exceeded

Team killing – Killing other players by in game map tricks, bugs, and purposeful tagging
Using map triggers to kill team mates (IE Blowing up the bridge)
Sitting in a spot to purposefully get tagged and kill the rest of your barricading group.
Exploiting the grenade glitch to purposefully killing your barricading group.

Restricted Weapons – Buying weapons which are not restricted

Picking up weapons which you are not supposed to be using.

Awps
Auto Snipers
Smoke Grenades
Flash Grenades

Using console to buy weapons

Awps
Auto Snipers
Smoke Grenades
Flash Grenades

Restricted Admin usage

Slapping themselves to gain an unfair advantage.
Changing the gravity settings
Using Noclip
Unrestricting restricted weapons (see Restricted weapons section)
Turning players into freeze bombs/firebombs against players consent
Obsessively beaconing a barricading group
Giving health to themselves or others

Ban Criteria

I. Freeze the user

a. 5 minute ban
b. 30 minute ban
c. 1 hour ban
d. 24 hour ban

Blocking - Admin may resort immediately to a short ban depending on severity.

b. 5 minutes
c. 2 hours
d. 24 hours

b. 5 minutes
c. 30 minutes
d. 2 hours
e. 24 hours
f. 48 hours

here is some modifications to clean it up

ZERO
02-02-2011, 01:54 PM
Lets work on and deal with changes to the draft here: http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?p=100225#post100225

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-02-2011, 01:55 PM
Lets work on and deal with changes to the draft here: http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?p=100225#post100225

Sounds good, thank you.