02-02-2011, 01:34 PM
^^^^^^ ??

autokicked for what? afk?

don't be afk.

Tickle Me Emo
02-02-2011, 04:21 PM
autokicked for what? afk?

don't be afk.

Setting auto-spectate and recording a demo does not keep you from getting kicked for being AFK, which is a bit of a problem if you're speccing someone and recording a demo longer than 2 minutes.

I know sometimes you'd end up with admins AFK in spec not doing anything except taking up a slot, but I don't remember it being a big problem...

maynard
02-02-2011, 04:27 PM
ive taken a few demos recentoy, have not had any issue with being in spec and being kicked while doing so.

Tickle Me Emo
02-02-2011, 04:33 PM
ive taken a few demos recentoy, have not had any issue with being in spec and being kicked while doing so.

I was recording a demo yesterday and got kicked for being AFK.

Blackmage
02-02-2011, 10:15 PM
Normally all I need to do to keep from being kicked while speccing is doing any war3command. So having the player info up and just hitting "spectate this player" each round keeps me (normal user, not admin) from being kicked.

Hitman
02-05-2011, 07:48 AM
Ive sat in spec for 20 mins recording demos and I never got kicked once. The trick is to constantly be clicking something or changing player kill cams after your spectated player dies. just keep clicking

CYBER
02-05-2011, 12:34 PM
Ive sat in spec for 20 mins recording demos and I never got kicked once. The trick is to constantly be clicking something or changing player kill cams after your spectated player dies. just keep clicking

well honestly, i agree that u can keep pressing buttons and etc.. but its tidious sometimes that u would be sitting back and watching a suspected hacker and get kicked every 20 secs, having to join again, then if it happens again, it raises suspicion, not to mention u have to re-type everything for recording a console again.

lets face it ... if the server was to be full , from the type of players we have : we ALWAYS have at least one other admin on wcs. i have yet to play wcs without seeing an admin.
if the admin was recording, and the server was full, the other admin can ask the afk admin either via mic, or by hidden admin chat (in case incognito) to acknowledge that he is still here not afk... and if after 3 warnings then issue a kick... simply... works in gg...
but most of the time its rare to see wcs full , and even so, always an admin around.
btw i had already spoken to zero about this the first week of wcs,and he DID tell me it was smthn on his list to fix (extend time, rather than admin afk immunity), but i guess he got busy and we all forgot about it ?

SCRIBBLE
02-05-2011, 01:59 PM
well honestly, i agree that u can keep pressing buttons and etc.. but its tidious sometimes that u would be sitting back and watching a suspected hacker and get kicked every 20 secs, having to join again, then if it happens again, it raises suspicion, not to mention u have to re-type everything for recording a console again

So click your mouse ONCE before the 20 minutes. If anything just pretend you're firing the m4a1 once. How could that be tedious?

maynard
02-05-2011, 03:48 PM
well honestly, i agree that u can keep pressing buttons and etc.. but its tidious sometimes that u would be sitting back and watching a suspected hacker and get kicked every 20 secs, having to join again, then if it happens again, it raises suspicion, not to mention u have to re-type everything for recording a console again.

pushing a button once every 4 minutes isn't that hard... come on ppl.....

h4x0r
02-07-2011, 08:29 PM
thanks for the replies, seems reasonable enough.