PDA

View Full Version : Dear Fellow Admins

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-02-2011, 07:27 PM
in the last few months i have noticed a train of events with newer admins in regards to bans due to admin disrespect. What i had been seeing reminded me of the way i used to be back in GG.

I wish only to give helpful advice to some of the newer admins based off of my past behaviors. Before you go banning said person for admin disrespect, take a step back and reflect on wheather or not you antagonized this person or if they are just being disrespectful because they can. In some of these cases, admins antagonize a player to get upset or pissed leading to "admin disrespect." If you (the admin) can acknowledge the fact that you may have induced any in-server flame, inform the player that admin disrespect will not be tolerated and give them a warning. This also includes you dropping the subject as well.

I'd hate to see the amount of abuse threads grow.

wack0
02-02-2011, 07:46 PM
word. calm down bros, it's still just a game. the goal is to keep the server's full and to acquire decent regulars. counter-strike is losing players everyday!

i play on the IBIS servers because i generally don't have any problems with the people that play on them, but i have witnessed a couple people wearing the ibis.a tag being completely rude to people for no apparent reason. that tag should not be an excuse to be jerkish.

Andrew_Pavlik
02-02-2011, 07:48 PM
Or perhaps they have to learn to not to take things so personally. If a person calls you a name over the interwebs, I promise you, no one at your lunch table will know.

KɅΞW
02-02-2011, 10:23 PM
word. calm down bros, it's still just a game. the goal is to keep the server's full and to acquire decent regulars. counter-strike is losing players everyday!

i play on the IBIS servers because i generally don't have any problems with the people that play on them, but i have witnessed a couple people wearing the ibis.a tag being completely rude to people for no apparent reason. that tag should not be an excuse to be jerkish.

Indeed is a game, but we admins are the peace keeper, we are here to clean out those that wish to break the server rules, so in a sense, this is a little bit more than a game for us. And I blame the "patch" for CSS losing players.

If you are a regular on our servers and witnessed admin abuse, often or not, feel free to take demo and post it on these forums for Zero and clan members to review.

Clone
02-02-2011, 11:36 PM
a lot of the new admins need to get the fuck of their high horses and stop being dicks. We old admins have seen and heard it all with the new ones. "omg this guy called me a dick" *BAM* banned.... fucking people need to learn to keep their hand off the ban button and on the mute or kick button... or take a page outta my book. Make their gaming experience very fucking frustrating until they rage quit... i get my laughs from that :D

New admins... you all suck when compared to us older more experienced admins.....

Clone

wack0
02-03-2011, 12:14 AM
Indeed is a game, but we admins are the peace keeper, we are here to clean out those that wish to break the server rules, so in a sense, this is a little bit more than a game for us.

i have no problem with that at all, but that's not what this thread or my post is about.

dice
02-07-2011, 03:45 AM
New admins... you all suck when compared to us older more experienced admins.....

Clone

I wouldn't go so far as to say we all suck. I've seen some veteran admins do some pretty dickish things simply because they are veteran admins.

Hitman
02-07-2011, 06:23 AM
I wouldn't go so far as to say we all suck. I've seen some veteran admins do some pretty dickish things simply because they are veteran admins.

Thats because we know whats best for the server. Obviously. These new admins coming in deserve a slap to the face and an ass kicking. They are new, so they should stfu and sit back and watch how WE OLDER ADMINS run things.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-07-2011, 09:49 AM
Thats because we know whats best for the server. Obviously. These new admins coming in deserve a slap to the face and an ass kicking. They are new, so they should stfu and sit back and watch how WE OLDER ADMINS run things.

not clone though.

:3VOLV3D:
02-07-2011, 11:03 AM
Being a new admin here, I'll throw in my 2 cents..

Been playing since before steam, so I've seen and heard just about every kind of put down, disrespect, joke, taunt or slam known to the gamer world. Have been admin on quite a few servers and have seen it all. If as an admin, I can't deal with some dumb kid calling me names, I shouldn't be an admin. I'm also not going to put myself in a situation that could lead to that. No randomly slapping players off bomb or slaying players just cause I feel like it. I hate when that's done to me elsewhere so..

I'm there to keep everyone else's experience fun. They can call my mom a fat heifer if they want, that shit don't bother me. Once they start impeding other's gameplay and/or good time, then we have a problem. Team flashing and wounding/injuring repeatedly, mic spam, yada yada. I consider myself more just a bouncer keeping the riff raff out of the club.

CYBER
02-07-2011, 11:14 AM
OK.
So lets say that older admin = 2 yr +
say newbies are 6 months -

I've been admin for about a year and so now, and i've had my share of stuff to learn from.
Admins that cant take an insult shouldnt be admins. I deal with fucktards on random basis that call me names bcos am admin, some of them are jokin , and when u learn to cope with them, u find out they're not bad ppl.
some are of course trashy, but i dont ban them on sight for that... heck, play their game, if they get mad enough they might start TKing or wtvr, unless its obvious they dont deserve a LITTLE break from the servers.

old admins have EARNED the right to act how they act. they have been around way longer than u guys, so respect them, and they will respect you, and heck even help you be better versions of urselves.
sure some of them have a bad attitude? like you could do better.
new admins need orientation. apparently they take a rule and twist it so that they get the right to ban ppl for admin disrespect, taunting etc...
newbies, if u dnt know what the fuck to do, ask help from older admins, do not fuck around and have ur ass served on an admin abuse thread...
heck its been a yr and i still do rookie mistakes that i ADMIT TO, dont be hard-headed or your aint going no where.
being admin is a responsability, a priviledge that you should earn. Its not a right.

Joker
02-07-2011, 04:17 PM
OK.
So lets say that older admin = 2 yr +
say newbies are 6 months -

I've been admin for about a year and so now, and i've had my share of stuff to learn from.
Admins that cant take an insult shouldnt be admins. I deal with fucktards on random basis that call me names bcos am admin, some of them are jokin , and when u learn to cope with them, u find out they're not bad ppl.
some are of course trashy, but i dont ban them on sight for that... heck, play their game, if they get mad enough they might start TKing or wtvr, unless its obvious they dont deserve a LITTLE break from the servers.

old admins have EARNED the right to act how they act. they have been around way longer than u guys, so respect them, and they will respect you, and heck even help you be better versions of urselves.
sure some of them have a bad attitude? like you could do better.
new admins need orientation. apparently they take a rule and twist it so that they get the right to ban ppl for admin disrespect, taunting etc...
newbies, if u dnt know what the fuck to do, ask help from older admins, do not fuck around and have ur ass served on an admin abuse thread...
heck its been a yr and i still do rookie mistakes that i ADMIT TO, dont be hard-headed or your aint going no where.
being admin is a responsability, a priviledge that you should earn. Its not a right.

lol well cyber you know I love you and all, but honestly time of being an admin doesn't anything (well mabe it might mean a little bit, but not much) it mostly depends opon your attitude of being an admin and how you treat players in the servers........On the other hand a lot of the admins that have only had admin for mabe 2 or 3 months have just been perma-banning people for the most rediculous reasons, as well as giving out exessive punishments for minor infractions.

wack0
02-07-2011, 04:19 PM
Being a new admin here, I'll throw in my 2 cents..

Been playing since before steam, so I've seen and heard just about every kind of put down, disrespect, joke, taunt or slam known to the gamer world. Have been admin on quite a few servers and have seen it all. If as an admin, I can't deal with some dumb kid calling me names, I shouldn't be an admin. I'm also not going to put myself in a situation that could lead to that. No randomly slapping players off bomb or slaying players just cause I feel like it. I hate when that's done to me elsewhere so..

I'm there to keep everyone else's experience fun. They can call my mom a fat heifer if they want, that shit don't bother me. Once they start impeding other's gameplay and/or good time, then we have a problem. Team flashing and wounding/injuring repeatedly, mic spam, yada yada. I consider myself more just a bouncer keeping the riff raff out of the club.

very well said!

Tickle Me Emo
02-07-2011, 08:02 PM
Evolved pretty much said what an admin should be like. I agree with Joker on Cyber's view... being an admin for X amount of time doesn't entitle you to be Y amount of a jackass to players. You're there to keep it fun for everyone, not to be a stuck up prick because you've been around for so long and no one can touch you. Same for new admins - paying $11 doesn't make you "better" than anyone else. The standard of a good admin doesn't change based on length of service. Longer service merely provides more insight into what type of admin a person is.

People give me crap in game all the time and I just give it right back. 99% of banter in CS is harmless and generally meant in fun, or on occasion meant to troll (in which case, you simply don't respond the way the troll wants and the problem goes away). I think a lot of the new admins get in trouble because they're immature and don't understand how to handle harmless insults, but then again, that could be said for certain long-timers as well.

&&toasties
02-07-2011, 11:15 PM
Evolved pretty much said what an admin should be like. I agree with Joker on Cyber's view... being an admin for X amount of time doesn't entitle you to be Y amount of a jackass to players. You're there to keep it fun for everyone, not to be a stuck up prick because you've been around for so long and no one can touch you. Same for new admins - paying $11 doesn't make you "better" than anyone else. The standard of a good admin doesn't change based on length of service. Longer service merely provides more insight into what type of admin a person is.

People give me crap in game all the time and I just give it right back. 99% of banter in CS is harmless and generally meant in fun, or on occasion meant to troll (in which case, you simply don't respond the way the troll wants and the problem goes away). I think a lot of the new admins get in trouble because they're immature and don't understand how to handle harmless insults, but then again, that could be said for certain long-timers as well.

This.

:wtg:

CYBER
02-08-2011, 01:37 AM
AGREED with the above statements after mine,
new admins think of their powers as a right to use anytime they get offended, which isnt the case.
when most old/experienced admins ban someone a long period, its not for their personal gain, but from their experience that a certain person has been warned enough...and they're tired of their shit, not bcos they got offended once or being a crybaby. (altho some ppl have a little excess pride in themselves... )

Again, i cant wait for the new admins system, i think it should be a priority.

If i can also pitch in an idea ? What if "new admins" were assigned as "rookies" to a senior admin to train... much like newcomers at hospital residences and doctors... they cant issue any ban or wtvr without either their supervisor agrees, or a clan or wtvr ... until he accumulates enough " + points" from their "supervisor" to have them receive the other powers... ?

DJ_MikeyRevile
02-09-2011, 11:48 PM
I feel as if this topic went astray. Its sole purpose was not to be discussed but rather something for any admin of any duration to read and be reminded about how they are personally acting in the server whether it be good or bad.

Advice for the taker or the ignorant.

:3VOLV3D:
02-11-2011, 11:19 AM
My bad..I withdraw my 2 cents..

U Suck
02-18-2011, 11:25 AM
I agree we need the players that`s what makes ibis gg great "Don`t be a dick Dick"