PDA

View Full Version : zm_snoopie_711_final_fixed1

BladeTwinSwords
02-07-2011, 12:22 PM
Map: zm_snoopie_711_final_fixed1

Spot: The long crouch spot that has two entrances hidden behind two false walls.

What Can't You Do: Cading either side with any sort of obstacle.

Reason: The spot itself is hard enough to defeat with at least 6 people in it. The spot can easily hold upwards of 20 people with very little difficulty. If a human uses a scout, they can shoot a zombie all the way out of the cade. Cading the crouch spot on either side makes the spot near impossible to break unless a fail nade is thrown.

Picture of Spot: Coming Soon

kenneth918237
02-07-2011, 01:43 PM
i agree nothing inside that spot

Rezel
02-07-2011, 03:48 PM
Barricading all entrances to a crouched spot.

As long as they only one barricade side of I do not see it as a problem.

B1ackOut
02-07-2011, 05:08 PM
yeah if you cade one side it should be legal considering if the zombies are retarded and dont realize that the wall in the middle breaks it might as well be barricaded.

kenneth918237
02-07-2011, 05:10 PM
you can hold that spot whit 2 guys and normally there like 20 guys in there so illegal to cade

acolyte_to_jippity
02-07-2011, 05:11 PM
yeah if you cade one side it should be legal considering if the zombies are retarded and dont realize that the wall in the middle breaks it might as well be barricaded.

wait the wall breaks? on the long-ass vent?

B1ackOut
02-07-2011, 06:49 PM
wait the wall breaks? on the long-ass vent?

yeah you know how there is two long ass vents well there is a smaller tunnel connecting the two with a wall separating them and it breaks.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-07-2011, 06:58 PM
yeah you know how there is two long ass vents well there is a smaller tunnel connecting the two with a wall separating them and it breaks.

oh, that. i thought there was a 3r entrance or something. that wall doesn't count. it's all one vent

ZERO
02-11-2011, 03:14 PM
pics...

Pl@YwithM3
11-19-2011, 08:14 PM
OK, seeing as there is some controversy about snoopy i would just like 2 verify a few places.

-the long 2 entrenced crouchspot can have a total of 4 PEOPLE ONLY!! thats 2 PER SIDE (for those who failed math in highschool)

-and the building near spawn point where there is a large shelf inside: that shelf is an immovable object similar to a money crate, BUT BIGGER. meaning it CANNOT be used to cade the single door enterence to that building

i clarified this with maynard incase theres anybody who think im just talking out of my ass:

Pl@YwithM3 ツ ibis.a: ok i just have 2 questions 4 it... was it established that the long crouch sopt can only have 4 ppl in it? (2 per side)
maynard <ibis>: yup
Pl@YwithM3 ツ ibis.a: and, theres a building next to spawn, where it has a large shelf
Pl@YwithM3 ツ ibis.a: its as immovable as a money crate
Pl@YwithM3 ツ ibis.a: can that be used to block the door
maynard <ibis>: don't think so.

there was litterally 5 or so admins bickorring over those 2 spots just now an i think it needs to be made more clear.

by all means tho, would other clan members please put some say into this as well? i dont wish 2 put maynard on the spot like this as he doesnt Pl@Y ZMOD as much as other clan.

THANK YOU!!

ZERO
11-20-2011, 02:03 AM
I am starting to think that demo examples should be required for these. It really would make it easy then to see exactly what is being talked about and how it is not possible to break ect...

kenneth918237
11-20-2011, 06:20 PM
if i know how i would post it zero buth i cant find it out iff you explain i will post picturs from the spots they mean because i know all of them

Rosie
11-20-2011, 07:44 PM
The original issue was if the space can be caded. Putting a object in there really does little to help the humans. Since there is a second entrance they can still make it to the humans. I agree that it is a very candy-ass thing to do since the spot is so hard anyways, but it shouldn't be illegal.

As far as the 2 per side thing, I do not believe that the rule was ever finalized. It is 2 per entrance, but since the spot has 2 entrances that are 2 units wide that would make 4 entrances. Therfore 8 people should be allowed.

Is that too many? Yes it is. But as the rule staes i believe that would be the best way to read the rule.

The bookcase is already on the illegal cading list. It has been for quite a while.

Any demo of Snoopie will show the crouch area. I uploaded the most recent one from source TV. I only watched long enough to see that someone went in there. First round is all you will need to watch.

Curdy
11-22-2011, 10:44 AM
here's my view on the vent cade of overpower

1. neither side is to be caded (Noob - but curdy there's more than one entrance!!!, Me - BISH!!!! its already overpowered once one side is caded all the ct's can concentrate a maximum amount of fire power on one side only making the over powered spot beyond over powered to godly)

2. 4 ppl only sadly i dont see this working without admins putting down relentless amount of kicks and ban hammers (we want ppl to stay in the severs not drive them out)

ok then imo best way to play the vent on snoopie is for EVERYONE to go to the spot at least that way a mass amount of rape is 100% guaranteed and it will be an epic battle between the few who can either be lucky to have there backs against a wall or unlucky to have there backs against the entrance against the ztele hordes lol.

now i have had games like that when everyone went into the vent and it can be pretty damn funny. the thing i hate most on snoopie is when one side is caded, yes i know there is another entrance but my point is the other entrance is long arse vent ffs.

BladeTwinSwords
11-22-2011, 11:19 AM
Well if I had any sort of map editing expertise, I would edit the vent spot so it's like 1/3rd the length on both sides.

Steamer
11-22-2011, 12:40 PM
I remember the good times, curdy was there, when everyone was respectful to game play enough to not use a para or shotguns or cades in there. Everyone would crowd in, most get raped, and the lucky few with "underpowered" weapons would and could hold it off. Fun fucking times.

swagbot 9k
06-20-2014, 06:37 PM
We need to define this as snoopie is being used more and more now.

phil.™
06-20-2014, 06:59 PM
What seems to be the issue? People cading both sides?

$Money$
06-20-2014, 07:46 PM
Is this the spot you guys are talking about?

jimmay
06-20-2014, 09:01 PM
It's pretty dark in there and overpowered by your signature gifs but yes, I think that's the spot.

Unlimited humans allowed, cading is a no-go. Not technically by the rules but personally, I've never seen the cading of that spot be allowed. I've seen any number of humans allowed in that spot and seen them fail. I think allowance of one side to be caded would result in an overpowered spot.

swagbot 9k
06-20-2014, 09:29 PM
Agreed ^. Although with say more than 4 humans in the vent is very overpowered and damn near impossible to break through, it would be more trouble to enforce a human limit. I do say that we should not allow cading EITHER side of the vents.

phil.™
06-20-2014, 09:34 PM
Well with this, this not a vent spot, it's a crawl spot. If zombies work together as a deformed crew, I do not see a problem. Just people rather be that cheap predator or fast zombie class with lower hp status than deformed.

acolyte_to_jippity
06-21-2014, 08:27 PM
Well with this, this not a vent spot, it's a crawl spot. If zombies work together as a deformed crew, I do not see a problem. Just people rather be that cheap predator or fast zombie class with lower hp status than deformed.

don't get pedantic on us phil. it is a vent. that's the same thing. or at least, it has always been considered the same thing since we put down specific cading rules. if there is a different definition now, we should update the rules post to reflect that.

sup
06-21-2014, 09:30 PM
There's a huge difference between a vent and a crawl spot. A vent is single-file and since humans can't shoot through each other (technically they can with an m249 but it weakens the bullets a lot), it makes sense to limit how many people can be in a vent. A crawl spot is wider and can hold more people safely. The stage in HS and the computer in Miniature Room are both crawl spots but not vents. If they were treated as vents only two people could legally be in them at once because they only have one opening.

phil.™
06-21-2014, 10:33 PM
My apologies, i was under the impression this was a crawl spot, not a vent spot.
As stated, vent is a single player movement spot. This, more than 1 can move freely in 1 area.

Biodiversity
01-07-2015, 03:37 PM
I'd like to add some input as a player who hates that map. It's a long tunnel with two entrances, neither of which are 2-person-limit crouch spots. I think of them as "double wide" crouch spots, meaning you can have, at most, 4 zombies assaulting it simultaneously (2 from each end).

Unless a special exception is made for this spot, the humans can entirely cade one entrance, and then they can cade half of the other entrance, without breaking any rules. However if all that cading was done, only 2 humans would be allowed to defend from zombies. Other humans could stay inside to maintain the integrity of the barricades, but they wouldn't be allowed to shoot the zombies. This is my interpretation of the rules as a player.

However if you've ever played this map you'll know that this is one of 3 or so spots that are viable to defend. The result is that 15 players tend to congregate inside the vent. Any props that find their way inside end up getting blown out by 15 hails of machine gun bullets. The counter against this is that if too many players go in at once, usually one of them becomes a zombie, scores lots of easy kills, and then the rest of the map turns into a hide-and-seek match looking for the couple of players who saw the clusterfuck and said "Fuck that" and ran somewhere else. Occasionally you'll see the last human hiding in the secret disco room, and then the following round 15 people go there.

It's really a terrible map, mostly because of the low number of viable spots. Someone should make a thread to have it removed.

Evil
01-07-2015, 03:58 PM
Nah..

I'm a zambi
01-07-2015, 09:28 PM
Bio, while I agree that Snoopie is a terrible map, it will never be removed because rankwhores abuse it. If you want to post the remove thread, I'll support it all the way, but I really don't think it'll be removed.

Biodiversity
01-07-2015, 11:18 PM
Bio, while I agree that Snoopie is a terrible map, it will never be removed because rankwhores abuse it. If you want to post the remove thread, I'll support it all the way, but I really don't think it'll be removed.

You have been summoned here to answer the threat of Snoopie. IBIS stands upon the brink of destruction. None can escape it. You will unite or you will fall. Each player is bound to this fate, this one doom. (He looks at them all and settles on Biodiversity, gesturing to him) Bring forth the post (http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/12967-REMOVE-zm_snoopie_711_final_fixed1?p=192866#post192866), Biodiversity.