PDA

View Full Version : Server Slay Glitch

BaL-|-imore
02-07-2011, 02:45 PM
Periodically, i.e.) several times a week, when the server changes maps it glitches and slays me as soon as I spawn.

It happened to me, again, yesterday. The server was changing maps and while it was changing I got booted from the server due to reserve slot restriction. When I refreshed the server it only had 15 people on, so I reconnected. As soon as I spawned, I was slayed. I've also had this happen without being fully disconnected from the server, but it only happens at the start of a new map.

I see this happening to other people all the time, several times a day.

It's no biggie, as it's not going to deter me from playing the server, but it is annoying.

wack0
02-07-2011, 03:27 PM
I've had this happen too. It says "slayed for joining the same team twice" or something like that

acolyte_to_jippity
02-07-2011, 05:02 PM
it's cause you get kicked after loading the map, and you rejoin during the same round. it takes that as you playing the round twice, an slays you

Angry Kitty
02-07-2011, 07:51 PM
its a curse

ZERO
02-08-2011, 01:51 AM
its been removed...

acolyte_to_jippity
02-08-2011, 02:09 AM
its been removed...

why? it's what keeps people from playing the same round twice. i thought that was a good thing. it's different from what happened to you in zm tonight

devour
02-08-2011, 09:41 AM
why? it's what keeps people from playing the same round twice. i thought that was a good thing. it's different from what happened to you in zm tonight

ive never seen this become a problem in any regular cs server. although it is a problem in gg servers, there really is no need for this deterrent in normal cs.

BaL-|-imore
02-08-2011, 09:38 PM
Would've happened again tonight, but instead I just didn't select my character until the spawn time limit ended and then spawned normally for round 2...no slay. I can learnz.

ZERO
02-08-2011, 10:22 PM
Actually I am going to enable a kac function that just blocks the join instead of killing them.

BaL-|-imore
02-09-2011, 07:06 AM
Actually I am going to enable a kac function that just blocks the join instead of killing them.

Just and FYI, it will cause players to disconnect due to the slot restriction even when there's less than 20 currently playing. It only happens occasionally though.